Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021

Thread: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    You can be sure that they don’t have that mindset. Updating the procedures? What a joke. It is just pure laziness and incompetence.

Edit: To elaborate further, what was shown was a mentality of staff being told what to do and they would not doing anything extra. Likely a sign of how unstable the organization is to have staff not wanting to go the extra mile (do everything according to a manual written by the clown, then no one can get in any trouble).
    I believe that's why Toto welcomes Sir Lewis' input, both positive comments and negative towards the team results each race. Who can be more informed on the car in general after each race more than the driver? Sir Lewis can just as well keep quiet and take his pay . Merc results speak loud and clear; driver input helps. Lewis had nothing but praise for the team after Bahrain and Spain. Charles and Carlos need to give Binotto a run for the money as far as input for the current year. A pole no less !
    Last edited by Brembo; 25th May 2021 at 23:45.

WE Ferrari fans need to have faith in our team now! Merc is out of 1st! They can't even change a tire !

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    This would not happen at Redbull or mercedes ferrari have to stop there layback casual approach and stop acting as if nothing big has happened.What has happened is massive charles deserves better very very ordinary indeed.There should be consequences no doubt.Lewis does not podium and he demands a full and proper investigation the way it should be, they are drivers that want to win its in there DNA.Slack ferrari cost charles and the team big points.
    Merc were the team that couldn't change a wheel and brought their 7x champ in too early. It's easy to make mistakes when you aren't the quickest on the track and have to work for wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I believe that's why Toto welcomes Sir Lewis' input, both positive comments and negative towards the team results each race. Who can be more informed on the car in general after each race more than the driver? Sir Lewis can just as well keep quiet and take his pay . Merc results speak loud and clear; driver input helps. Lewis had nothing but praise for the team after Bahrain and Spain. Charles and Carlos need to give Binotto a run for the money as far as input for the current year. A pole no less !
    Not every input is a good input.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Merc were the team that couldn't change a wheel and brought their 7x champ in too early. It's easy to make mistakes when you aren't the quickest on the track and have to work for wins.
    Also, to add to this, a team that has been complacent because they're used to win way too easily, is prompt to make mistakes when under pressure.
    Monaco made this way too evident for Mercedes.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Absolutely. A team that has to push to 100% is far more likely to make mistakes. Same as a driver. Mercedes and Lewis has had it far too easy for 7+ years.

In 2002 when Ferrari had a dominant car, the team and Michael made virtually no mistakes.
    In 2004 the first time Ferrari had to push, and Michael crashes into Montoya in the Monaco tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Absolutely. A team that has to push to 100% is far more likely to make mistakes. Same as a driver. Mercedes and Lewis has had it far too easy for 7+ years.

In 2002 when Ferrari had a dominant car, the team and Michael made virtually no mistakes.
    In 2004 the first time Ferrari had to push, and Michael crashes into Montoya in the Monaco tunnel.
    i thought the F2004 was the dominant one....as they couldn't even believe from winter testing how quick that car was.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i thought the F2004 was the dominant one....as they couldn't even believe from winter testing how quick that car was.....
    statistically speaking 2002 was even more dominant. Schumacher finished on the podium every single race.

A correction to your statement; it was Montoya who crashed into MSC, not the other way around. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtzyI5fbiAc )

Also, 2003 and 2006 were years where MSC made mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    A correction to your statement; it was Montoya who crashed into MSC, not the other way around. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtzyI5fbiAc )

Also, 2003 and 2006 were years where MSC made mistakes.
    Thank you. I always felt Michael shouldn't have braked so hard, but technically yes Montoya crashed into him.

2003 and 2006 MSC had to push to the limit every race and thus mistakes were made. Hakkinen made mistakes in a close championship, so did Lewis, so did Alonso.

Thank you. I always felt Michael shouldn't have braked so hard, but technically yes Montoya crashed into him.

2003 and 2006 MSC had to push to the limit every race and thus mistakes were made. Hakkinen made mistakes in a close championship, so did Lewis, so did Alonso.
    Yep.

statistically speaking 2002 was even more dominant. Schumacher finished on the podium every single race.
    Including Austria!