Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Who the **** cares about P3 or P4 in the championship? If people are really desperate abut the WCC table, then finishing on P4 is better than P3 because we'll get extra wind tunnel days.

But that shouldn't be under consideration whatsoever. Leclerc deserves to win this race and so too Ferrari after all the hard works they have done.

First lets wait and see. We still don't know if the Gearbox is damaged beyond repair.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Again, IF Leclerc gets the penatly, it's Leclerc's fault for getting the penalty.....for which I hope he does'nt get the penalty.
    Yeah i agree it's his fault he gets the penalty. He probably had the position in the bag.

Ferrari Winning at Monaco & Monza is always a special for the entire tifosi.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Who the **** cares about P3 or P4 in the championship? If people are really desperate abut the WCC table, then finishing on P4 is better than P3 because we'll get extra wind tunnel days.

But that shouldn't be under consideration whatsoever. Leclerc deserves to win this race and so too Ferrari after all the hard works they have done.

First lets wait and see. We still don't know if the Gearbox is damaged beyond repair.
    Sadly seems like Binotto does already saying "we won't gamble". I'm so sick of his loser "muh P3" mentality. The orange junk seem to have gotten to his head. Even in 2017 and 2018 not gambling would've been the wrong decision since you can't recover at Monaco.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 22nd May 2021 at 16:09.

Monocco you have to risk it for the biscuit.All drivers are on the ragged edge of this so called glamorous circuit.

It's been a while and still no word so far....

Whatever conspiracy theories may be aired (crashing a la Michael), it was a brilliant quali from Charles and a genuine trying too hard moment which brought out the red flags. Look how much we suffered at Imola after the red flag, so give us a break! Sincerely hope the gearbox is OK and no penalty, I feel for Carlos who could have have made it a Ferrari front-row lockout, he wasn't a happy boy. Forza to the team and drivers. Oh, and GIO in the top 10 too!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Sadly seems like Binotto does already saying "we won't gamble". I'm so sick of his loser "muh P3" mentality. The orange junk seem to have gotten to his head. Even in 2017 and 2018 not gambling would've been the wrong decision since you can't recover at Monaco.
    Why are you blaming Binotto for Charles's mistake? If the gearbox is beyond repair, then they have to replace it.

But I'm praying for the gearbox to be still intact.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Whatever conspiracy theories may be aired (crashing a la Michael), it was a brilliant quali from Charles and a genuine trying too hard moment which brought out the red flags. Look how much we suffered at Imola after the red flag, so give us a break! Sincerely hope the gearbox is OK and no penalty, I feel for Carlos who could have have made it a Ferrari front-row lockout, he wasn't a happy boy. Forza to the team and drivers. Oh, and GIO in the top 10 too!
    Michael deliberately parked his car, Leclerc crashed his car. Former is a bad sportsmanship, latter is a genuine mistake. I don't see how you can put these two incidents in the same bracket.

Why are you blaming Binotto for Charles's mistake? If the gearbox is beyond repair, then they have to replace it.

But I'm praying for the gearbox to be still intact.
    "not gambling".

We should gamble like crazy in terms of this.

"not gambling".

We should gamble like crazy in terms of this.
    "We should gamble like crazy in terms of this"-->by this you mean not changing the gearbox??? If so, what happens during the race if the gearbox gives out because Ferrari "gambled like crazy" and did'nt check it.

That's asinine!!!

Ferrari "will not gamble" on Leclerc's gearbox despite Monaco GP pole

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fe...-pole/6513526/
    It's not how start but how you finish.

"We should gamble like crazy in terms of this"-->by this you mean not changing the gearbox??? If so, what happens during the race if the gearbox gives out because Ferrari "gambled like crazy" and did'nt check it.

That's asinine!!!

Ferrari "will not gamble" on Leclerc's gearbox despite Monaco GP pole

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fe...-pole/6513526/
    Yeah because another race staring at Norris' exhaust pipe and collecting an irrelevant points number is so refreshing

So Binotto will not 'gamble' if there's a chance the gearbox won't last the whole race?
    So Charles and Ferrari will be left wondering, what if we did gamble, would we have won? Oh well, we'll never know now

Michael deliberately parked his car, Leclerc crashed his car. Former is a bad sportsmanship, latter is a genuine mistake. I don't see how you can put these two incidents in the same bracket.
    Correct. Michael parked his car at Rascasse. Leclerc crashed his car way before Rascasse. Agree on the bad sportsmanship and a genuien mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    So Binotto will not 'gamble' if there's a chance the gearbox won't last the whole race?
    So Charles and Ferrari will be left wondering, what if we did gamble, would we have won? Oh well, we'll never know now
    Better to achieve whatever points Ferrari can get with Leclerc than possibly no points at all.

Better to achieve whatever points Ferrari can get with Leclerc than possibly no points at all.
    So you'd not traded

Massa 2008
    Alonso 2010
    Alonso 2012
    Alonso 2013
    Vettel 2017
    Vettel 2018

for a single world title?

Interesting. Sometimes in life you have to gamble and realize that second is just first loser.

So you'd not traded

Massa 2008
    Alonso 2010
    Alonso 2012
    Alonso 2013
    Vettel 2017
    Vettel 2018

Interesting. Sometimes in life you have to gamble and realize that second is just first loser.

Don't brush the canvas with a broad stroke of the brush. Stay relevant. Ferrari is not gambling with Leclerc's gearbox. They are going to check it AND hoipefully it passes.

So you'd not traded

Massa 2008
    Alonso 2010
    Alonso 2012
    Alonso 2013
    Vettel 2017
    Vettel 2018

Of course I would when you look at it this way.

but if you look at it in the moment as a single independent event, we aren't going to win the championship. So go for it.

Starting P6 with a new gearbox doesn't guarantee anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Of course I would when you look at it this way.

but if you look at it in the moment as a single independent event, we aren't going to win the championship. So go for it.
    Yes, just go for it. It's better to have loved and lost than having not tried at all. We have zero chance at winning the title so any extra points in one race out of 23 are meaningless. It's a win that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Starting P6 with a new gearbox doesn't guarantee anything.
    In Monaco, the chances of Leclerc keeping his P6 position is quite high....provided Leclerc does'nt hit anyone and causes damage or their is a pit strategy mess up.

In Monaco, the chances of Leclerc keeping his P6 position is quite high....provided Leclerc does'nt hit anyone and causes damage or their is a pit strategy mess up.
    Who cares about P6? Besides Jgonzales and Binotto???

Yes, just go for it. It's better to have loved and lost than having not tried at all. We have zero chance at winning the title so any extra points in one race out of 23 are meaningless. It's a win that matters.
    You're assuming that there is nothing wrong with gearbox. What if Ferrari does change the gearbox, then your assumptions of winning the race would be non-sequitur.

You're assuming that there is nothing wrong with gearbox. What if Ferrari does change the gearbox, then your assumptions o winning the race would be non-sequitur.
    What I'm arguing against is precautionary changes. If it's good enough to start the race with but could break during the race it's a million times better to ride the luck and see how far it lasts.

What I'm arguing against is precautionary changes. If it's good enough to start the race with but could break during the race it's a million times better to ride the luck and see how far it lasts.
    IF Ferrari changes the gearbox, it was'nt because of a "precautionary measure." Ferrari inspects it to make sure it fits the tightest of tolerances, can handle the loads of heat(fluid) and rear wheel axles and rear suspension components (the engine and gearbox act as a structural frame in the aft part of the car).

I'm hoping the gearbox passes.

Since we haven't heard anything from the team about the gearbox thus far, I assume that things are alright. I hope I don't wake up tomorrow and end up being disappointed. It feels like it's been decades since we last properly contested for a win/taken a pole even if it was just 1 year lol.

I don't see how you can put these two incidents in the same bracket.
    You should read the Dutch F1 forums......plenty of Max fans have no problem doing that. Charles is not particularly popular in my country.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Since we haven't heard anything from the team about the gearbox thus far, I assume that things are alright. I hope I don't wake up tomorrow and end up being disappointed. It feels like it's been decades since we last properly contested for a win/taken a pole even if it was just 1 year lol.
    2019 Monza ... last win.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    You should read the Dutch F1 forums......plenty of Max fans have no problem doing that. Charles is not particularly popular in my country.
    Lol, I can imagine the Dutch fans pulling their pubes out over Charles getting pole.