Thread: Any Race beside Monaco that we can be a contender ?

Any Race beside Monaco that we can be a contender ?

Singapore is my first guess…

If the cars were the same as Monaco, Id say Hungary and Singapore. A true contender, probably not. But the tracks could suit the car.

However who knows how the cars will change with development, and if the FIA ban flexy wings.

Singapore seems like the obvious one. Charles also got pole there in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    If the cars were the same as Monaco, Id say Hungary and Singapore. A true contender, probably not. But the tracks could suit the car.

However who knows how the cars will change with development, and if the FIA ban flexy wings.
    Well , binotto persistent about updates which we’ll not get any update. Just make-ups if necessary by circuits

So yeah we’ll be same by the end of season. I dont think flex Wing’s gonna cost us that much.

IF we fail to win this year, it will be 2 seasons in a row without a victory, which I think would be the worst result since the early 90's, not great for Binotto.

The SF21 is very good in corners, it's probably the best car in slow-medium speed corners. So tracks with technical sections will be good for us.

Ferrari will run low downforce config in Baku. So the losses on the straight will not be as substantial as in Bahrain where Ferrari ran with the high downforce RW. Also sector 2 is quite technical with lots of slow-medium speed corners.

Hungaroring?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Hungaroring?
    Hope so, as I am planning to go after one year hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Hungaroring will hopefully be one of the circuits where our team may not disappoint! Your presence will help, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Lucky you....so will there be 100% fans in grandstands? Or limited to a certain number!

For me, it’s 2 years in a row I couldn’t go to Montreal due to fecking pandemic....hopefully by next year everything will be back to normal and Montreal will be a GO AGAIN.....

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Lucky you....so will there be 100% fans in grandstands? Or limited to a certain number!

For me, it’s 2 years in a row I couldn’t go to Montreal due to fecking pandemic....hopefully by next year everything will be back to normal and Montreal will be a GO AGAIN.....
    For the time being I really don't know! I was looking at different sites that sells GP tickets and there is no info on limited number of tickets...

If R Bull can and did move Merc over; so can Ferrari. Our drivers are also top and at there best. A Honda engine better than a Ferrari engine just don't seem possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    If R Bull can and did move Merc over; so can Ferrari. Our drivers are also top and at there best. A Honda engine better than a Ferrari engine just don't seem possible.
    Wait till the bendy wings are gone the Honda power will be far short of Merc. RB will have to rin less wing then to be decent on the straights then lose out in the corners. RB have done nothing Ferrari did not do 8n 2017 and 2018. As then Merc get things banned from their rivals and will coast to the title in the 2nd part of the season. Hamilton will be champion with 4 races left.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Wait till the bendy wings are gone the Honda power will be far short of Merc. RB will have to rin less wing then to be decent on the straights then lose out in the corners. RB have done nothing Ferrari did not do 8n 2017 and 2018. As then Merc get things banned from their rivals and will coast to the title in the 2nd part of the season. Hamilton will be champion with 4 races left.
    Binotto admitted the rule change was going to effect Ferrari too.

Question is how much does it hurt McLaren and RedFools.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Binotto admitted the rule change was going to effect Ferrari too.

Question is how much does it hurt McLaren and RedFools.
    I imagine it will put Merc ahead of Red Bull, McLaren ahead of Ferrari and Aston Martin ahead of Alpha Touri. A win win win for Merc.

Merc lost lost; last race ! It could happen again. Charles and Carlos need to think 2021 podiums. And we fans also.

realistically, Mercedes will win in Baku.
    Ferrari otoh, are heading for their darkest period in F1 since the early 90s, unless they can win a race.
    Does Binotto sleep well at night?

Singapore Grand Prix called off for 2021.

There goes the 2nd best Ferrari track atm from the calender.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

After qualifying today I think it's fair to add Austria (x2) and Mexico to the list along with Hungary.

The main reason is that both have plenty of slow turns, short laps with lower energy recovery and are at a higher elevation which means the horsepower deficit is much lower than at places on coastal plains such as Bahrain, Imola or Barcelona.

Also, both have track records of Red Bull wins with weak engines when those cars had similar characteristics to the 2021 Ferrari. Also, now I fail to see any reason why both cars can't score okay points both at Spa and Monza considering pole was won with a 2.2 km "straight".

Tomorrow then? Let's wait and see. Until he's passed, he's leading! You never know.

OK tomorrow passed and as you so well said { You never know! } What astrange looking podium!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    After qualifying today I think it's fair to add Austria (x2) and Mexico to the list along with Hungary.

The main reason is that both have plenty of slow turns, short laps with lower energy recovery and are at a higher elevation which means the horsepower deficit is much lower than at places on coastal plains such as Bahrain, Imola or Barcelona.

Also, both have track records of Red Bull wins with weak engines when those cars had similar characteristics to the 2021 Ferrari. Also, now I fail to see any reason why both cars can't score okay points both at Spa and Monza considering pole was won with a 2.2 km "straight".

Tomorrow then? Let's wait and see. Until he's passed, he's leading! You never know.
    well Monza will be all about the tow. i imagine every team will be trying to orchestrate it, and it will even itself out

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post

The only two tracks where we're going to struggle this year are Spa and Monza. Apart from these two tracks, we should be competitive everywhere.

Ferrari has performed well above of my expectations for this year. I never expected poles this year...yet we already have two. And with a bit more luck, we will win a race or two. (Would've won Monaco quite easily, had Leclerc started from his well deserved pole position).