Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 528

Thread: 2021 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku, June 04 - 06

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yawn.....
    Aw...

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    9,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post

    No chance to win unless maximum SC luck since #33 and #44 will "roll right past ya" but a podium tomorrow would be great.
    yeah, let's see how the race goes.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Aw...
    Are you upset again about Ferrari on pole You prefer it when you can cry about things don't you
    Forza Ferrari

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    7,222

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,879
    Nice to see Ferrari on pole. Nice to see Ferrari with some genuine pace.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,178
    Nah I'm good.

    It was just an honest assessment of the situation - a very good starting position but a very difficult job ahead tomorrow to not get rolled past 500 metres before Turn 1 by darker shaded cars with open wings...

    I guess there could be hope that Hammy has gone for too little wing and Max for too much, but it's kind of looking for straws knowing how much they pulled out at Bahrain and Barcelona in race trim

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    2,307
    Well that was certainly unexpected, but ending on a Red Flag again does take away from the spectacle.

    Hoping for a podium because I fear Two-Chains and Fish Lips will sail past Charles once DRS is available.

    Anything is possible I suppose, I expect two (2) safety car periods at least. This year’s cast sure likes to crash here a lot.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    7,222
    Man....I can't wait for the day when Leclerc gets a dominant car like the Mercedes....Dude will be unstoppable. Come on Scuderia, give him the car he deserves.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,416
    Max and Hamilton first corner would be very interesting.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Nah I'm good.

    It was just an honest assessment of the situation - a very good starting position but a very difficult job ahead tomorrow to not get rolled past 500 metres before Turn 1 by darker shaded cars with open wings...
    chillax enjoy the moment, we will worry about tomorrow tomorrow :)

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    9,031
    Everyone got a tow during qualifying. The tow here at this track is good for 2/10's up to 6/10's on a good tow.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Maastricht NL
    Posts
    55
    The crybabies in the dutch tv-studio calling our Pole "luck"
    What a surprise.......
    Second Pole in a row is hardly luck

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    9,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Nah I'm good.

    It was just an honest assessment of the situation - a very good starting position but a very difficult job ahead tomorrow to not get rolled past 500 metres before Turn 1 by darker shaded cars with open wings...
    agreed.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    502
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!
    Bravo Charles

    Should I say Bravo to Spinoda? :)
    I feel bad for Carlos, but I don't think he could do anything else. I mean, the other option would be to hit Tsunoda.
    Let's hope for a clean start and a Podium for CL

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    agreed.
    Which is why DRS kills F1. It's no longer possible to be an underdog doing a defensive drive on merit. I fail to see why DRS is even allowed at a place like Baku. 2.2 km flat out is going to give people chances regardless. If it hadn't been for DRS I'd be over the moon right now but it feels like it's theatre rather than sport whenever the race begins.

    DRS or VAR in football, I'm not sure which is worse but both are fatal defects to their respective plays.

  16. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    9,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Which is why DRS kills F1. It's no longer possible to be an underdog doing a defensive drive on merit. I fail to see why DRS is even allowed at a place like Baku. 2.2 km flat out is going to give people chances regardless. If it hadn't been for DRS I'd be over the moon right now but it feels like it's theatre rather than sport whenever the race begins.
    +1

    It's the same for everyone though.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  17. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    7,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Rosso View Post
    The crybabies in the dutch tv-studio calling our Pole "luck"
    What a surprise.......
    Second Pole in a row is hardly luck
    There are plenty of cry babies here as well. Just look at some posts....back to back pole and they're still crying.

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,178
    Sainz just hit the front wing right?

    I assume his car will be alright.

  19. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,225
    Great work from Leclerc. Great to see Ferrari in the mix like this at the sharp end. Who would have thought with all the talk of a mammoth deficit to the front and very limited development space that we'd be mixing it up with the front pack in 2021. This is awesome!

    Pity for Carlos. We need maximum points against McLaren, but at least Dannie is languishing somewhere out the points (sorry for him).

    The race is going to be messy. The only bad thing about starting P1 with the car we have is we can only go backwards. But let's see what we can do. Hopefully LH has a bad race - he doesn't have many of those so already that's asking for too much.
    Contrary to popular belief, black lives matter.
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  20. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    9,031
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Great work from Leclerc. Great to see Ferrari in the mix like this at the sharp end. Who would have thought with all the talk of a mammoth deficit to the front and very limited development space that we'd be mixing it up with the front pack in 2021. This is awesome!

    Pity for Carlos. We need maximum points against McLaren, but at least Dannie is languishing somewhere out the points (sorry for him).

    The race is going to be messy. The only bad thing about starting P1 with the car we have is we can only go backwards. But let's see what we can do. Hopefully LH has a bad race - he doesn't have many of those so already that's asking for too much.
    Awesome pole by Leclerc......the tow helps and he planned it perfectly.

    Leclerc has alot of fast cars behind him when it comes to race pace. IMHO, I don't think he'll keep his P1 position.....just being realistic.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  21. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!
    Bravo Charles

    Should I say Bravo to Spinoda? :)
    I feel bad for Carlos, but I don't think he could do anything else. I mean, the other option would be to hit Tsunoda.
    Let's hope for a clean start and a Podium for CL
    Why couldn't he just slow down and continue onto the escape road? It's not like he was right on his gearbox - he was a good few seconds behind. I don't understand. I think he panicked and overreacted.
    Contrary to popular belief, black lives matter.
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  22. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    4,018
    Carlos was still pushing there, it took few seconds before red lights came on, so nothing to do.

  23. #113
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,225
    Surely Max will beat Hamilton tomorrow? Surely?
    Contrary to popular belief, black lives matter.
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  24. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Carlos was still pushing there, it took few seconds before red lights came on, so nothing to do.
    He could have avoided crashing - just slow down and take the escape road.
    Contrary to popular belief, black lives matter.
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  25. #115
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    13,613
    I was outside, just tuned in to check results. Wow! This is great!!!

  26. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    4,018
    He was behind Tsunoda, and he crashed, and then it took few seconds before red lights came on, so he guessed that Tsunoda crashed there and he hit the brakes,
    he could not see that Tsunoda was there, but he did not take any risk. Tsunoda could have been seriously damaged if Carlos had just keep on going in the corner.
    So he hit the brakes, that is what happened I think.

  27. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    3,115
    pretty amazing pole, I think most of us thought that long straight was going to cost us. Hopefully Charles can turn it into a win which the team badly need

  28. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Surely Max will beat Hamilton tomorrow? Surely?
    Hopefully they ram into each other during a Crashtappen kamikaze dive

    Any win will do at this point.

  29. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    4,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I think most of us thought that long straight was going to cost us.
    We`ll see that tomorrow, I think it is not going to be good Sunday for us.

  30. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manila, PH
    Posts
    2,085
    SHARL LEKLER YOU BEAUTY

    Shame Carlos couldnít get nearer to the front.

    Not a fan of qualifying Tic-Tac-Tow but it is what it is.

    Almost expected Tsunoda to bin it; Carlos needs maximum distance from him at the start.

    Merc not even hiding the disrespect for Bottas anymore. But thatís them and so what.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •