Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku, June 04 - 06

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yawn.....
    Aw...

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post

No chance to win unless maximum SC luck since #33 and #44 will "roll right past ya" but a podium tomorrow would be great.
    yeah, let's see how the race goes.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Aw...
    Are you upset again about Ferrari on pole You prefer it when you can cry about things don't you
    Forza Ferrari

Nice to see Ferrari on pole. Nice to see Ferrari with some genuine pace.

Nah I'm good.

It was just an honest assessment of the situation - a very good starting position but a very difficult job ahead tomorrow to not get rolled past 500 metres before Turn 1 by darker shaded cars with open wings...

I guess there could be hope that Hammy has gone for too little wing and Max for too much, but it's kind of looking for straws knowing how much they pulled out at Bahrain and Barcelona in race trim

Well that was certainly unexpected, but ending on a Red Flag again does take away from the spectacle.

Hoping for a podium because I fear Two-Chains and Fish Lips will sail past Charles once DRS is available.

Anything is possible I suppose, I expect two (2) safety car periods at least. This year’s cast sure likes to crash here a lot.

Man....I can't wait for the day when Leclerc gets a dominant car like the Mercedes....Dude will be unstoppable. Come on Scuderia, give him the car he deserves.

Max and Hamilton first corner would be very interesting.

Nah I'm good.

It was just an honest assessment of the situation - a very good starting position but a very difficult job ahead tomorrow to not get rolled past 500 metres before Turn 1 by darker shaded cars with open wings...
    chillax enjoy the moment, we will worry about tomorrow tomorrow :)

Everyone got a tow during qualifying. The tow here at this track is good for 2/10's up to 6/10's on a good tow.

The crybabies in the dutch tv-studio calling our Pole "luck"
    What a surprise.......
    Second Pole in a row is hardly luck

Nah I'm good.

agreed.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!
    Bravo Charles

Should I say Bravo to Spinoda? :)
    I feel bad for Carlos, but I don't think he could do anything else. I mean, the other option would be to hit Tsunoda.
    Let's hope for a clean start and a Podium for CL

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    agreed.
    Which is why DRS kills F1. It's no longer possible to be an underdog doing a defensive drive on merit. I fail to see why DRS is even allowed at a place like Baku. 2.2 km flat out is going to give people chances regardless. If it hadn't been for DRS I'd be over the moon right now but it feels like it's theatre rather than sport whenever the race begins.

DRS or VAR in football, I'm not sure which is worse but both are fatal defects to their respective plays.

Which is why DRS kills F1. It's no longer possible to be an underdog doing a defensive drive on merit. I fail to see why DRS is even allowed at a place like Baku. 2.2 km flat out is going to give people chances regardless. If it hadn't been for DRS I'd be over the moon right now but it feels like it's theatre rather than sport whenever the race begins.
    +1

It's the same for everyone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Rosso View Post
    The crybabies in the dutch tv-studio calling our Pole "luck"
    What a surprise.......
    Second Pole in a row is hardly luck
    There are plenty of cry babies here as well. Just look at some posts....back to back pole and they're still crying.

Sainz just hit the front wing right?

I assume his car will be alright.

Great work from Leclerc. Great to see Ferrari in the mix like this at the sharp end. Who would have thought with all the talk of a mammoth deficit to the front and very limited development space that we'd be mixing it up with the front pack in 2021. This is awesome!

Pity for Carlos. We need maximum points against McLaren, but at least Dannie is languishing somewhere out the points (sorry for him).

The race is going to be messy. The only bad thing about starting P1 with the car we have is we can only go backwards. But let's see what we can do. Hopefully LH has a bad race - he doesn't have many of those so already that's asking for too much.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Great work from Leclerc. Great to see Ferrari in the mix like this at the sharp end. Who would have thought with all the talk of a mammoth deficit to the front and very limited development space that we'd be mixing it up with the front pack in 2021. This is awesome!

Pity for Carlos. We need maximum points against McLaren, but at least Dannie is languishing somewhere out the points (sorry for him).

The race is going to be messy. The only bad thing about starting P1 with the car we have is we can only go backwards. But let's see what we can do. Hopefully LH has a bad race - he doesn't have many of those so already that's asking for too much.
    Awesome pole by Leclerc......the tow helps and he planned it perfectly.

Leclerc has alot of fast cars behind him when it comes to race pace. IMHO, I don't think he'll keep his P1 position.....just being realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!
    Bravo Charles

Should I say Bravo to Spinoda? :)
    I feel bad for Carlos, but I don't think he could do anything else. I mean, the other option would be to hit Tsunoda.
    Let's hope for a clean start and a Podium for CL
    Why couldn't he just slow down and continue onto the escape road? It's not like he was right on his gearbox - he was a good few seconds behind. I don't understand. I think he panicked and overreacted.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Carlos was still pushing there, it took few seconds before red lights came on, so nothing to do.

Surely Max will beat Hamilton tomorrow? Surely?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Carlos was still pushing there, it took few seconds before red lights came on, so nothing to do.
    He could have avoided crashing - just slow down and take the escape road.
    Forza Ferrari

I was outside, just tuned in to check results. Wow! This is great!!!

He was behind Tsunoda, and he crashed, and then it took few seconds before red lights came on, so he guessed that Tsunoda crashed there and he hit the brakes,
    he could not see that Tsunoda was there, but he did not take any risk. Tsunoda could have been seriously damaged if Carlos had just keep on going in the corner.
    So he hit the brakes, that is what happened I think.

pretty amazing pole, I think most of us thought that long straight was going to cost us. Hopefully Charles can turn it into a win which the team badly need

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Surely Max will beat Hamilton tomorrow? Surely?
    Hopefully they ram into each other during a Crashtappen kamikaze dive

Any win will do at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I think most of us thought that long straight was going to cost us.
    We`ll see that tomorrow, I think it is not going to be good Sunday for us.

SHARL LEKLER YOU BEAUTY

Shame Carlos couldn’t get nearer to the front.

Not a fan of qualifying Tic-Tac-Tow but it is what it is.

Almost expected Tsunoda to bin it; Carlos needs maximum distance from him at the start.

Merc not even hiding the disrespect for Bottas anymore. But that’s them and so what.