Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku, June 04 - 06

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    I would re consider the decision of not bringing big update for rest of the season. we can do better for sure.
    Yes maybe we can do better but can we do enough to challenge Merc and Red Bull? Probably not. So what's the point of investing in big updates that ultimately won't improve our standing? We are P3 at the moment.

Having said that, we need to be careful of AlphaTauri and Aston Martin interfering with our fight with McLaren.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    Does anyone feel Carlos had a pretty average race today? I mean overtaken first at the start of the race, then again after restart. What just happened to him today?
    Did anyone get an interview of him explaining his lackluster performance today versus Monaco where he was a rocket, IMO.
    Car wasn’t that great too combined by his mistake at the start. If you are comparing him with Charles, sorry. Charles is always a exceptional. But down the line Carlos will get better

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    I am unhappy with Carlos. Disappointed.
    As for Charles, hmmm.

I will post my observations later tonight. All in all, positive result for the team. Could be better in my opinion.
    I agree with you. Overall a decent result but I'm disappointed that with the two top boys missing out (and Bottas for good measure) we weren't there to pick up the scraps. I'm a little disappointed about having Seb and Pierre ahead of us. Could have been better. But we almost had third at the end, so that's something to hold to. Pitting early wasn't effective but maybe we didn't have a choice seeing as our tyre deg is bad. We really need to sort out our tyre deg. Good race though.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Updated Constructors' standings:

1. Red Bull - 174 pts
    2. Mercedes - 148 pts
    3. Ferrari - 94 pts
    4. McLaren - 92 pts
    5. AlphaTauri - 39 pts
    6. Aston Martin - 37 pts
    7. Alpine - 25 pts
    8. Alfa Romeo - 2pts
    9. Haas - 0 pts
    10. Williams - 0 pts

Updated Drivers' championship standings:

1. Verstappen - 105 pts
    2. Hamilton - 101 pts
    3. Perez - 69 pts
    4. Norris - 66 pts
    5. Leclerc - 52 pts
    6. Bottas - 47 pts
    7. Sainz - 42 pts
    8. Gasly - 31 pts
    9. Vettel - 28 pts
    10. Ricciardo - 26 pts
    Leclerc was 2 points behind Norris going into Monaco, and then THAT happened. I'm rooting for him finishing 4th.
    Forza Ferrari

Does anyone feel Carlos had a pretty average race today? I mean overtaken first at the start of the race, then again after restart. What just happened to him today?
    Did anyone get an interview of him explaining his lackluster performance today versus Monaco where he was a rocket, IMO.
    I think he had done well until the restart. There was nothing much he could have done. Yes, he lost out at the restart but overall I don't think his race was that bad.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Car wasn’t that great too combined by his mistake at the start. If you are comparing him with Charles, sorry. Charles is always a exceptional. But down the line Carlos will get better
    No, not comparing him with Charles. Charles has been at Ferrari for a good amount of time to have a car to suite his style. I agree Carlos will get better with time, given this is his 1st year. I believe drivers need time to adjust to the new car and its handling. Checo is a good example, what he was initially with RB struggling and what he did today at Baku.
    I just thought he was did a phenomenal job at Monaco and a decent job in other tracks. Maybe not his day like Bottas and something to forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Sky commentators must be in tears if thats what happened. Lol
    Agreed... If they spoke 100 words, 80 out of it would be either Hamilton or Mercedes.

No, not comparing him with Charles. Charles has been at Ferrari for a good amount of time to have a car to suite his style. I agree Carlos will get better with time, given this is his 1st year. I believe drivers need time to adjust to the new car and its handling. Checo is a good example, what he was initially with RB struggling and what he did today at Baku.
    I just thought he was did a phenomenal job at Monaco and a decent job in other tracks. Maybe not his day like Bottas and something to forget about it.
    Bottas did beat his team-mate in the race no????......after giving his team-mate a tow during qualifying and sacrficing his own lap?? The whole Mercedes camp had a bad weekend.

Ricciardo, Sainz, Alonso also had a bad race.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Considering it’s his first year, he had driven good for Ferrari till last race. It’s just one off.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Leclerc was 2 points behind Norris going into Monaco, and then THAT happened. I'm rooting for him finishing 4th.
    It will be tough fight between him & Norris. That decides Mclaren vs Ferrari standings as well.
    For me both are exceptional talent. Although leclerc is ahead.

Thought it’s difficult ferrari finishing 3rd given the track layouts coming up. Mclaren do have a good chance. Unless they bin it.

With the current engine deficit, our boys are doing a good job. In 2025 we have the chance to finally challenge Mercedes engine wise for the first time since 2014, that can not come quick enough!
    Last edited by Lesky; 6th June 2021 at 16:01.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Bottas did beat his team-mate in the race no????......after giving his team-mate a tow during qualifying and sacrficing his own lap?? The whole Mercedes camp had a bad weekend.
    Yes, I agree to it. I was talking about the race in general for Bottas and how it would have ended had it not been for a restart. Just try to get the car home without any damage.

I knew Charles would go backwards, so overall this wasn’t bad.

Icing on the cake is Lewis screwing up and sailing off the track. It really made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I knew Charles would go backwards, so overall this wasn’t bad.

Icing on the cake is Lewis screwing up and sailing off the track. It really made me smile.
    I was very happy when Hamilton out braked himself. Finally Hamilton is getting some bad luck. I wonder what is the magic button that he turned on by mistake?

Ricciardo, Sainz, Alonso also had a bad race.
    Alonso had a bad race with p6?
    Forza Ferrari

So I was going through the schedule of the races and it seems we are racing Red Bull ring twice. Any particular reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Alonso had a bad race with p6?
    Oooops...my bad.

So I was going through the schedule of the races and it seems we are racing Red Bull ring twice. Any particular reasons?
    There have been some cancellations from the original schedule that started in the beginning of the year. Now it's Singapore so there are talks of Montreal??? or doubling up in Austin???....still pending.

Turkey Gp cancelled so it got replaced by two back to back races in Austria.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    I was very happy when Hamilton out braked himself. Finally Hamilton is getting some bad luck. I wonder what is the magic button that he turned on by mistake?
    https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...52096789471236

Nice Thanks

There have been some cancellations from the original schedule that started in the beginning of the year. Now it's Singapore so there are talks of Montreal??? or doubling up in Austin???....still pending.
    Well, I do hope we take up some other circuit which are not power dependent. RB Ring seems more like it.

Pirelli update on the tire situation.

Both tyre sets from Stroll and Verstappen are being flown back to Milan by air freight for extensive checks. Both failures are being discounted as being down to tyre wear.

Cuts of around 5-6 cm were found on Lewis Hamilton's tyre too. Cut was on left rear and found under the red flag. There was no sign or warning of either failure for Stroll or Verstappen.

Thanks.. that explains why his brakes were smoking like a cigar..

Nice Thanks
    Thanks.. that explains why his brakes were smoking like a cigar..

We knew Charles was going to get swallowed up easily with those long power straights and DRS, so he did well to get P4 and his scrap with Pierre in the last two laps could have ended in disaster, but we got points with both cars. Disappointing seeing Carlos lose out in the final stages and he had a poor race by his standards. I do believe it's Lando we should be wary of, he is proving to be exceptional and the Mclaren has more power, that's our challenge in future races and it will be hard to maintain our current P3 in the WCC. A point for Kimi and a podium for Seb made a change.
    Last edited by wisepie; 7th June 2021 at 16:34.

I was planning to post this under the known "Post race" analysis.
    But anyway, I am too tired now.
    So here it is.
    Team: I think the team was not flawless. The decision to delay the pit stop of CL to avoid Kimi, IMHO was wrong since it allowed PG to pass Leclerc.
    Carlos Sainz had a very messy weekend and he should have a lot to learn from it.
    Charles Leclerc made at least one mistake. When he passed PG on the penultimate lap, he didn't close the door to the French. As a result, he immediately lost the hard earned position. I hope he takes a lesson from that.

I think that Ferrari in 2022 can rich Mercedes in Honda pu in the power side, they don’t need wait to 2025 year…

Max Verstappen had bad luck today and retired from the lead through no fault of his own, Lewis Hamilton made a mistake and paid for it, thats not bad luck. Hamilton would have lost 11 points to Max if Verstappens tire does not blow. And yet Hamilton now lost 0 points, so Hamilton rather was lucky today, just made a huge mistake.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

'Brake magic' is a setting on the steering wheel that heats up the brakes quicker by altering the hybrid regen and brake bias settings.
    It appears LH left it on at the restart.
    Old pic from NR's car