Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FrenchGP 2021: Race

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    No credits to Max?
    That's a given. Horner "used" Perez (the master of tire preservation) to mess up Merecedes tire strategy to go for a one stopper ALL THE WHILE knowing full well Horner would pit Max for a 2 stopper......that's forward thinking. A masterstroke strategy.

No way Albon would have pulled this off at RedBull. RedBull FINALLY has a #2 driver and hopefully Perez get's an extention on his contract. "Hold my beer Lawrence Stroll!!!"
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    That's a given. Horner "used" Perez (the master of tire preservation) to mess up Merecedes tire strategy to go for a one stopper ALL THE WHILE knowing full well Horner would pit Max for a 2 stopper......that's forward thinking. A masterstroke strategy.

No way Albon would have pulled this off at RedBull. RedBull FINALLY has a #2 driver and hopefully Perez get's an extention on his contract. "Hold my beer Lawrence Stroll!!!"
    He would rather thank Stroll every day, because of his decision, Perez is now in a race win capable car.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    He would rather thank Stroll every day, because of his decision, Perez is now in a race win capable car.
    Stroll hung Perez out to dry with no seat avaliable for Perez at any other team. Perez did alot for Force India aka Racing Point even suing Vijay Mallya and putting Force India into administration....luckly Stroll bought the team and made it AMRF1.

Lucky for Perez, Redbull made a decision with Albon and picked up Perez hence the "Hold my beer Stroll" qoute.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

https://amp.formula1.com/en/latest/a...vKouJ0F92.html

Nothing new, but we have more difficult races on our plates. And the issue remains unresolved to this day!!

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    https://amp.formula1.com/en/latest/a...vKouJ0F92.html

Nothing new, but we have more difficult races on our plates. And the issue remains unresolved to this day!!
    Binotto says Ferrari’s Paul Ricard struggles stemmed from issues ‘two years ago that we should have addressed’

Great!!! And why didn't they?!!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Please tell me, have there been more ups than downs, or more downs than ups?
    Why don't you go and do your own research?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by JPMFerrari View Post
    As well as bringing in Ross Brawn.
    The whole team really.
    But there are a lot of glory hunters really and it really gets boring from a point on, all this complaining honestly.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Binotto says Ferrari’s Paul Ricard struggles stemmed from issues ‘two years ago that we should have addressed’

exactly, this dates back to 2019 when we had a really strong engine, but our tire wear was way worse than others.....so yeah, if they knew about it, why did they NOT fix it???????????????

this year is a lost cause anyway, so they better work hard on developing a beast for 2022 both engine and chassis.....but somehow i'm not holding my breath....been disappointed way too many times before by the team.....:(

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

Incompetent management

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Incompetent management
    Not trying to make excuses or anything, but there seems to be so many issues that it's hard to really address them all. Sometimes you fix an issue and cause other issues as a result. The engine issue in 2020 also derailed them quite a bit.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Stroll hung Perez out to dry with no seat avaliable for Perez at any other team. Perez did alot for Force India aka Racing Point even suing Vijay Mallya and putting Force India into administration....luckly Stroll bought the team and made it AMRF1.

Lucky for Perez, Redbull made a decision with Albon and picked up Perez hence the "Hold my beer Stroll" qoute.
    I would add to that! To also thank Professor Wolff for him certain recommending Vettel to replace Perz, who do you think Pappa Stroll listened too? Now Professor Wolf is getting it up the A$$!!! as he should!

Incompetent management
    It has gone on for years and years. You have to wonder if Ferrari only cares to participate in F1, but doesn't have the desire to be the top team.

Quote Originally Posted by JPMFerrari View Post
    It has gone on for years and years. You have to wonder if Ferrari only cares to participate in F1, but doesn't have the desire to be the top team.
    This!!! I believe the only time we were competitive in recent times was under Sergio Marchionne and Ross Brawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Not trying to make excuses or anything, but there seems to be so many issues that it's hard to really address them all. Sometimes you fix an issue and cause other issues as a result. The engine issue in 2020 also derailed them quite a bit.
    Part of my job is root cause analysis and problem resolution. It's a complex work but the basic course of action is pretty much the same in every environment. Collect the issues and break them down to basic parts, then hunt down each one (assign to teams), make projects out of them if you will and follow up till you resolve them.
    I believe Ferrari has the resources to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    This!!! I believe the only time we were competitive in recent times was under Sergio Marchionne and Ross Brawn.
    Don't you mean, under Sergio and Luca D. ?

Don't you mean, under Sergio and Luca D. ?
    Yeah, I meant under Ross as TD or LdM as the overall chief.