Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 59

Thread: Styrian GP 2021: Practices and Qualifying

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,605

    Styrian GP 2021: Practices and Qualifying

    Starts under 2.5hrs at time of post

    link:

    https://www.streameast.live/home
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,953

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Garden of England
    Posts
    795
    Sums up where the team is right now. FP1 over and this is the second post..
    Angry. Always.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    112
    Long run pace is very promising

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Long run pace is very promising
    Any breakdown?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,714
    Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Long run pace is very promising
    People said the same about long run pace in France....and we all know what happened during the race

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    112
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    297
    Not too bad..just gotta hope our tyres don't degrade like last time out. Hopefully we have a bit more left for quali going off that pace.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,953

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,953
    Long pace looked good and that's where Ferrari should be focusing on. And looking at the standings, I think this is exactly what Ferrari is doing here. Alpine and Aston Martin matching Red Bull and Merc in the sector 2 and 3, so definitely running with higher engine modes.

    Mclaren looks quick. It will be very hard to beat them here.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,309
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Long pace looked good and that's where Ferrari should be focusing on. And looking at the standings, I think this is exactly what Ferrari is doing here. Alpine and Aston Martin matching Red Bull and Merc in the sector 2 and 3, so definitely running with higher engine modes.

    Mclaren looks quick. It will be very hard to beat them here.
    Agreed, maybe they are concentrating on race pace instead of grid slot, but the risk of rain isn't going away so it could all be academic anyway. It can't be any worse than France, surely?!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,605
    Bottas is handed a 3 place grid penalty for his pitlane antics.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,144
    Did anyone hear Crofty during the Sky coverage today?

    Absolutely disgraceful.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Did anyone hear Crofty during the Sky coverage today?

    Absolutely disgraceful.
    I keep my speakers shut since I have to tolerate his bias during the race as well.
    What was he taking about? Typical Ferrari bashing?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    I keep my speakers shut since I have to tolerate his bias during the race as well.
    What was he taking about? Typical Ferrari bashing?
    Can we not do something about that? I don't know, storm Sky's and F1's social media platforms with complaints or something, because for all we know there may be a subtle agenda to reduce Ferrari's status as the most important team in F1 (our recent form isn't helping at all) and if we don't do anything they will succeed.
    Last edited by ntukza; 26th June 2021 at 06:16.
    Contrary to popular belief, black lives matter.
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    272
    I had the same question as to how Sky chooses its commentators and is there a way, some form of feedback wherein users can give in their opinion. Let's accept it, the only thing constant in this world is change. If they keep the same set, it will(already has)get boring. I mean why not shuffle the pack, PDR's is good, so is Lawrence and Karun Chadok.
    The perception, attention, positive comments all depends on the performance. If we do good, we could get something good to hear.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Can we not do something about that? I don't know, storm Sky's and F1's social media platforms with complaints or something, because for all we know there may be a subtle agenda to reduce Ferrari's status as the most important team in F1 (our recent form isn't helping at all) and if we don't do anything they will succeed.
    I still believe every driver wishes he was with Ferrari . Charles for one will never let go !

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    18,220
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Can we not do something about that? I don't know, storm Sky's and F1's social media platforms with complaints or something, because for all we know there may be a subtle agenda to reduce Ferrari's status as the most important team in F1 (our recent form isn't helping at all) and if we don't do anything they will succeed.
    Problem there is on sky f1s fb page, especially the British one, is 95% of the people who follow that, and regularly comment, are, merc lewis nuts, and max rbr lovers. I tried comment once about how bias fia and sky commentators are towrds said team and drivers. And how ferrari got hurt 05 by rule changes, i got shot down bad. Lewis fans calling me typical ferrari moaner, sore looser stuff like that. Its not a nice place to go if want to bad mouth sky f1 or merc and rbr.

    Thanks to sky f1, merc lewis fan boys are like football supporters and that mentality. Throw abuse at anyone.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    India
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Did anyone hear Crofty during the Sky coverage today?

    Absolutely disgraceful.
    What did they say?

    NOTE: I know those little ***** are extremly bias with their commentary. A good example would be the 2018 British GP.
    Last edited by Rob; 26th June 2021 at 13:36.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    India
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Problem there is on sky f1s fb page, especially the British one, is 95% of the people who follow that, and regularly comment, are, merc lewis nuts, and max rbr lovers. I tried comment once about how bias fia and sky commentators are towrds said team and drivers. And how ferrari got hurt 05 by rule changes, i got shot down bad. Lewis fans calling me typical ferrari moaner, sore looser stuff like that. Its not a nice place to go if want to bad mouth sky f1 or merc and rbr.

    Thanks to sky f1, merc lewis fan boys are like football supporters and that mentality. Throw abuse at anyone.
    It's a massively toxic place.
    Lol, I tried expressing my opinion and they just keep at it.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    slovenia
    Posts
    227
    Looks like in ���� or even worse

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,965
    Yuki

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    297
    Lack of development and power circuits. Oh well.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,605
    Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Lack of development and power circuits. Oh well.
    This is'nt a power circuit. Under 3km total length.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,655
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This is'nt a power circuit. Under 3km total length.
    Yes it is, length does not matter.
    Forza Ferrari

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yes it is, length does not matter.
    I realize that. The straight is'nt even that long compared to other power circuits.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,655
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I realize that. The straight is'nt even that long compared to other power circuits.
    Still very much all about the power though.
    Forza Ferrari

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This is'nt a power circuit. Under 3km total length.
    It's still power based. Not to the extent of Monza but it's still got three long straights. It's mentioned here as power based "High-downforce tracks vs power tracks in F1 – differences explained" https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...tm_content=www

    It's not just that either but how much are we having to sacrifice in setup just to not be super slow down straights. It's compromising us nearly everywhere.
    Last edited by patrese86; 26th June 2021 at 13:55.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Still very much all about the power though.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    It's still power based. Not to the extent of Monza but it's still got three long straights. It's mentioned here as power based "High-downforce tracks vs power tracks in F1 – differences explained" https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...tm_content=www
    Okay....thanks....got it.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,953
    Well done Charles, P7. P6 with Bottas's penalty.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •