Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203156 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Was the Ferrari / Fia engine agreement only been secret for reputation reasons?
    We have often seen Mercedes drive an entire year with an innovation before its ban.
    The way Ferrari ran its engine was deemed illegal and possibly banned because it gave a huge advantage in 2019, without prior submission to Fia.
    I do not believe that Binotto is stupid and if he accepted such a sanction, it may be that he only inherited the stuation, but also that he received the commitment that this thing could be legal, in one form or another, by 2022.
    It could also be the hidden reason why competitors demanded to know about the deal.
    I fear that the Fia was not completely sealed and that in addition to the time that had elapsed, the others could have worked on this subject (there was a meeting with people from Mercedes, on the subject of SF engine without SF be invited)
    But it could be that Ferrari still hopes to recover an advantage
    Interesting questions!

As you say, the others teams do not know exactly what Ferrari were doing with the engine.

Exactly is the right word
    I don't knwow really what they know about this engine, but it was said that the leak was coming from SF insider(s) to other(s) teams, so, something that is illegal (intellectual property). We all know things aren't all that fair, could Ferrari have kept some secret and could it be an advantage now? I hope, something would have been kept secret, reason why Binotto accepted the deal
    But even secret, Mercedes could have found it by themself, starting with the first indider informations and eventually completed it by hiring some SF staff or again by illegal ways
    But as you said : interesting questions
    I would add that these are only reflexions
    Last edited by Gilles; 8th January 2022 at 18:23.

https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-674-...ve-front-axle/

There is a rumor that Ferrari (and McLaren) will bring back a Pull Rod front axle.

Quote Originally Posted by MarM View Post
    https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-674-...ve-front-axle/

There is a rumor that Ferrari (and McLaren) will bring back a Pull Rod front axle.
    we had it in 2012 as well adn still don't know if it made a difference then.....maybe with these new rules it may....we'll see if a) the rumors are true adn b) if it will work better in comparison to push rod
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    we had it in 2012 as well adn still don't know if it made a difference then.....maybe with these new rules it may....we'll see if a) the rumors are true adn b) if it will work better in comparison to push rod
    Hey buddy. If I remember correctly, we only chose the pull rod to accomodate Alonso, because it was his favorite and we decided to make the car around him and his unique style of driving. When Fernando left, we switched to push rod and our results(car performance) improved.

I think it was based more on aero consideration than Alonso. Ferrari wanted cleaner airflow to the sidepods back then. In 2017 they raised the pods so the suspension components didn't come into play as much and cleaner air to the coke bottle was desired, so they went back to push rod.

Take it for what its worth. Myself, with a pinch of salt.

Gazzetta dello Sport about the 2022 Ferrari:

"In Maranello they say that the 2022 car is the most aggressive, in terms of approach compared to the recent ones."

"Mattia Binotto wanted his team to approach the challenge with a greater open-mindedness, than in the past, exploring more avenues in research. They [Maranello] assure us that the results of that will be seen in the new car."

"The area around the bottom (floor) and the shape of the bodywork will be two key elements for performance in the new regulation. And it seems Ferrari has been pushing research in these areas."

At Ferrari, they evaluated various concepts for the suspension and the layout of the internal parts, before beginning the actual aerodynamic development in the wind tunnel. And even in this second phase, there was a not at all conservative attitude from the engineers.

"No stone was left unturned. Another element that suggests confidence at Maranello. Even though they are aware that Mercedes and Red Bull have the knowledge, tools and methodologies to do the same."

Gazzetta also reports that the design and aero team at Ferrari stayed the same as in previous years (Binotto wanted stability and trusts his team), but they also have new engineers coming from Red Bull and even Mercedes.

Gazzetta also reports that Ferrari still has Rory Byrne whose experience with ground effect cars of the 1980s could be valuable.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Take it for what its worth. Myself, with a pinch of salt.
    I would add some oregano too !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Current F1 is engine dominated. Horsepower and efficiency is more important than aero. It can mask a flawed car, 2019 being the prime example.

But I'm confident. 2009-2014 was Luca's Maranello, 2015-current Ferrari is Marchionne's Maranello. The culture is quite different. And Ferrari have all the ingredients, they have a generational talent, top notch engineering team and brilliant minds at the factory. All they have to do is put those ingredients together and awake the sleeping giant.

That's hard to say with such a big change in rules. Remember Brawn in 2009 was all about finding the aero loophole that gave them such an edge. If Ferrari can find something similar, even they're a little down on power then they can dominate. So many variables next year.. aero, 18" tires. I hope Ferrari come out with the best engine but I think these engine are starting to converge now in power.

Ferrari will be at the very pointy end,I suspect mercedes and red bull will be a little slower out of the blocks.Well let's face it mercedes and red bull never stopped trading development blows last year,it went to the very bitter end.Ferrari will have an evolutionary aggressive package on the grid and it will be stunning.

Maybe I'm foolish to be feeling more optimistic by the day but I can't really help it. Positive noises coming out and I know we've been here before but it really feels like we've made some smart choices. The lengthy development of the 2022 car, exploration of all avenues, leaving no stone unturned, taking staff from Merc and Red Bull. The improved hybrid towards the end of the season. We offloaded staff to Haas, you can be sure there's some cross collaboration there which will be beneficial, the work we've done with shell for the ethanol.

Even Christian Horner, Lando Norris have been saying they expect us to be challenging next season and we have the best driver combination on the grid in my opinion and given a car that can challenge they'll be able to execute victories.

Agree on all counts. Plus they didnt fire the whole lot because of the bad couple.if seasons but let them continue developing. Looks promising.

Ferrari launch date on the 2022 car.

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/...C-wabSzJQpAAAA

I also start to feel a bit afraid from all the good vibes we read left and right, for not backfire to us ,but here 2 more:

Karun Chandhok: "I had a couple of conversations with people just before Christmas and they were very optimistic because they feel they made big gains on the power-unit side."
    Ted Kravitz

"I'm hearing a lot of positive noises out of Ferrari.

"The engine's going well and they say the car is looking much more aggressive than it has in any of the recent Ferraris we've seen over the last two or three years."
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Maybe I'm foolish to be feeling more optimistic by the day but I can't really help it. Positive noises coming out and I know we've been here before but it really feels like we've made some smart choices. The lengthy development of the 2022 car, exploration of all avenues, leaving no stone unturned, taking staff from Merc and Red Bull. The improved hybrid towards the end of the season. We offloaded staff to Haas, you can be sure there's some cross collaboration there which will be beneficial, the work we've done with shell for the ethanol.

Even Christian Horner, Lando Norris have been saying they expect us to be challenging next season and we have the best driver combination on the grid in my opinion and given a car that can challenge they'll be able to execute victories.
    If there's any justice, Ferrari will be able to fight for victories once more if all we're hearing proves to be correct. With Charles and Carlos as arguably the best driver pairing on the grid, maybe our time has come round again, we can but hope.

Hope too!
    On the bad side, there are rumours on load datas given by teams to Pirelli showing Mclaren alone on top.
    Is for that reason i start to read (forum) to some B car for spain?
    Read also that there would be no journalist in testing days.
    For the start of this year, many scenarios are possible, so maybe we will have to wait a bit to see the "thrue order"
    I have confidence SF did a very good job, but i also fear the idea in one team which could change the game in the begining or longer if not replicable
    Last edited by Gilles; 17th January 2022 at 19:42.

Corriere reports that Jean Todt will NOT return to Ferrari in a super-consultant role.

"After a series of reflections, John Elkann chose to renounce this valuable but complex collaboration for the time being."
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

F1 | Ferrari: clear at presentation, darker at debut?

The Scuderia in the presentation stream will show a different livery from the one that the Red will adopt starting from the tests in Bahrain, where, according to rumors, it will have a more "old style" color in reference to the 75 years of the Maranello company.
    F1 | Ferrari: clear at presentation, darker at debut?
    Ferrari has decided that it will show the ground-effect single-seater via the web on 17 February in defiance of any form of superstition. The founder of the Cavallino, Re Enzo, would never have thought about launching a new car in one day… unfortunate.
    In Maranello's diary there was a fork of dates that opened on the 16th and closed on the 18th of February, the day of the theoretical birth of the Drake, since Enzo himself had said that he had come into the world in Modena on 18 February 1898, but he was registered only two days later due to a heavy snowfall.
    In reality, the date of the presentation is the result of a joint that takes into account a count-down: the debut of the car in Barcelona on the filming day scheduled for February 22, one day before the collective tests.
    F1 asked the teams to present themselves on the track with a provisional livery, to show the definitive colors only on the occasion of the tests in Bahrain that will precede the debut of the ground-effect single-seaters in Sakhir.
    According to rumors, therefore, the Ferrari that we will see in streaming at the presentation and then on the track in Montmelō will be a matt red with a shade very similar to that of the SF21, while the livery of the 2022 season will be more old style and, therefore, more dark, perhaps in deference to the 75 years of the company, taking into account that the SF1000 seen at the Tuscan GP on the occasion of the Scuderia's thousandth GP had received a lot of approval (only) for its coloring.
    Given the Ferraris with celebratory acronyms (F60 and SF1000 disappointed), we hope that the new Red will not become the SF75…

From Motorsportitalia
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

SCUDERIA FERRARI, apparently suffers from an apparent rupture in the relationship between JOHN ELKANN and MATTIA BINOTTO for not having incorporated JEAN TODT:

These days in Maranello there is talk of an apparent break in the relationship between John Elkann and Mattia Binotto due to Elkann's refusal to incorporate Jean Todt into the structure of Scuderia Ferrari.

Mattia Binotto was not at all against this possibility, on the contrary, he would have very much wanted it to happen, he considered Jean Todt an excellent addition to Scuderia Ferrari who could help him more than John Elkann himself in political and sporting matters of the team.

However, according to internal sources, this support from Mattia Binotto to incorporate Jean Todt did not please President Elkann, who would have felt marginalized.

It is mentioned that Scuderia Ferrari has missed the opportunity to have Jean Todt back, who could have made the Maranello team grow.

John Elkann was also the one who decided to stop and crush the negotiation on the renewal of Sebastian Vettel two seasons ago.

The President, by saying no to Jean Todt, did not want to legitimize a medium and long-term Directorate between Todt and Binotto that would affect their position within the organizational structure.

John Elkann is known to have had talks with other Crew Chiefs with the idea of ​​focusing on trading Binotto, for example he had talks with Christian Horner and Andreas Seidl, talks that fell through on the fly.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Why would Horner even come to Ferrari? He has all the success he wants with a drinks company, bereft of politics which Ferrari is usually a victim.

Ok, it looks like the bad vibes ive always got from John Elkann is coming to fruition. I hope 1 day he gets the boot and Jean replaces him. Jean is a genius and 1 of the greatest men Ferrari have ever had. How on earth do you refuse him. Just ridiculous
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Saw a pic of Leclerc's 2022 car--> glossy red paint, Italian flag colors on top of the car (where the t-camera sits), big 75 on the engine cover with 1947-2022 on the 7's leg and the horse inside the 5 (if one can picture this) and long engine cooling slits on the side of the driver.

Saw a pic of Leclerc's 2022 car--> glossy red paint, Italian flag colors on top of the car (where the t-camera sits), big 75 on the engine cover with 1947-2022 on the 7's leg and the horse inside the 5 (if one can picture this) and long engine cooling slits on the side of the driver.
    Wrong wheels supplier, should be BBS this year, no?
    Now found that is Industrial Designer Olcay Tuncay renders
    Last edited by Gilles; 22nd January 2022 at 11:31.

For the 2022 car, i'm looking for some change on the engine cover area. It would be in line with Binotto's words on PU and car's architecture changes

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Wrong wheels supplier, should be BBS this year, no?
    Now found that is Industrial Designer Olcay Tuncay renders
    yeah, disregard. The pic I saw was NOT the 2022 challenger.

This one ???
    i would LOVE this livery !!!
    Attachment 7901Attachment 7902
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    This one ???
    i would LOVE this livery !!!
    Attachment 7901Attachment 7902
    yeah, that was it. unfortunately that's not the 2022 challenger.

I still find it hard to believe that Red Bull would have discovered our secret in the engine back in 2019 without someone leaking the info from the team. I mean we were faster in the straights, no doubts. How does one come to conclusion that we are getting more fuel injected by tricking the fuel sensor. Coz this is some serious stuff and for someone to pin-point exactly at the cause to F1 officials is not something one would find out that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    I still find it hard to believe that Red Bull would have discovered our secret in the engine back in 2019 without someone leaking the info from the team. I mean we were faster in the straights, no doubts. How does one come to conclusion that we are getting more fuel injected by tricking the fuel sensor. Coz this is some serious stuff and for someone to pin-point exactly at the cause to F1 officials is not something one would find out that easily.
    A "whistleblower" inside Ferrari leaked it.