Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324253661 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    And as I pointed out your being stupid to not count WDC won prior to the WCC even existing....but you feel free to consider Ascari's titles as failure....or you could just man up and admit you can't class them as failures as there was no WCC to win....

Drivers are very much part of the team, would hardly considering winning any title be it WDC or WCC as failure....but off course you just have to put the team down. Hopefully you tire of it soon enough.
    I would even go as far as to say that winning WDC is more of a success than WCC, so it should be counted just for that reason.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

And as I pointed out your being stupid to not count WDC won prior to the WCC even existing....but you feel free to consider Ascari's titles as failure....or you could just man up and admit you can't class them as failures as there was no WCC to win....

Drivers are very much part of the team, would hardly considering winning any title be it WDC or WCC as failure....but off course you just have to put the team down. Hopefully you tire of it soon enough.
    Calling someone "stupid" to not count the WDC titles because someone has a different opinion than yours!!!!.........is that even allowed on this forum???

If so, this is a knew low.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Just putting out my opinion. I as Ferrari supporter thou team, not driver is more into winning CWC. If Ferrari driver can win WDC that is a nice little bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Calling someone "stupid" to not count the WDC titles because someone has a different opinion than yours!!!!.........is that even allowed on this forum???

If so, this is a knew low.
    Yes it is still stupid to not count WDC won when there WAS NO WCC to win or compete for....very stupid.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Just putting out my opinion. I as Ferrari supporter thou team, not driver is more into winning CWC. If Ferrari driver can win WDC that is a nice little bonus.
    So you enjoyed 1999 as much as 2000 then? or 2008 was just as good as 2007 for you? Nah not having that WDC is what matters to every team.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Bingo. Officially there are 16 WCC. Everything else is a failure. If Greig wants to count things before they were counted he can be my guess.

They don’t hand out participation trophies in real life.
    Wait, so you're saying before 19xx when they didn't have WCC, teams were competing to fail? They would spend all their money and time and resources, hiring great engineers and drivers, finding sponsors and building building expensive fast cars just so they can all fail? And at the end of the season they would all pack their stuff with their heads downcast because they all didn't achieve anything, they all failed? And then next season they'd be back again doing the same thing? Wow, what a bunch of idiots! Thank goodness the WCC came onto the season and saved all those world renowned teams from their perpetual and incredibly expensive and time consuming failures. You see, I only started following F1 in the early 2000s so I didn't know about this - I'm just trying to understand.

(Okay, now that I've quoted your post, back to my blocked list you go.)
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

So you enjoyed 1999 as much as 2000 then? or 2008 was just as good as 2007 for you? Nah not having that WDC is what matters to every team.
    OK.... I am reading my post again #303, and I am really struggling to finding where did I say that I have enjoyed those years where Ferrari driver lost WDC in last race? Any way, I did not. I was crushed not that much in 1999, because it was obvious that EI cannot take WDC against MH and against MS who was brought to team to do that, bit in 2008 it really hurts.
    So to summarize, I would like that in same season Ferrari wins CWC and Ferrari driver WDC, but as a team Ferrari supporter, I am now struggling for the right word... Let's put it this way.
    Teams stay, and drivers come and go!
    Peace!

OK.... I am reading my post again #303, and I am really struggling to finding where did I say that I have enjoyed those years where Ferrari driver lost WDC in last race? Any way, I did not. I was crushed not that much in 1999, because it was obvious that EI cannot take WDC against MH and against MS who was brought to team to do that, bit in 2008 it really hurts.
    So to summarize, I would like that in same season Ferrari wins CWC and Ferrari driver WDC, but as a team Ferrari supporter, I am now struggling for the right word... Let's put it this way.
    Teams stay, and drivers come and go!
    Peace!
    I see what you're saying but let's see the other side: When the team won WCC in 2008 but lost WDC, you (and all of us probably) were crushed, just like you said. But if we won WDC and lost WCC, I honestly think we would all celebrate like crazy. But that's my view on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I see what you're saying but let's see the other side: When the team won WCC in 2008 but lost WDC, you (and all of us probably) were crushed, just like you said. But if we won WDC and lost WCC, I honestly think we would all celebrate like crazy. But that's my view on the matter.
    Yes you are right!

Any way lets have good year this year and celebrate at the end?!

No Question WDC has more weight, it's a fact! Mercedes this year are bitter for Lewis despite having won the team title, while RB completely the opposite

Personally I don't like it
    Agree
    As much the end of the Marlboro red suits me as the return of the black wings, on the other hand, the clothes really do not convince me

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT ALL!!!
    ok, they will sell at least one then :)

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    16 years of success by my count. 59 years of failure.
    If I may, 2022-75=1947
    Thus the claimed 75 years of success do not concern only F1, but the activities of the brand since its creation (and not either the scuderia which is, as everyone knows, even much older, with Alfa Romeo)
    The ratio of success in F1 would therefore be 16 constructor titles (if we exclude the pilot titles of course) for 72 years run, i.e. 22%
    To be complete, we could also consider the titles lost in an unfortunate way (death of the drivers for example), but we must also consider that although always present in F1, Ferrari has sometimes focused more on endurance.
    Obviously, this ratio is not comparable with that of another team which would count its titles relative to its presence alone (Ferrari did not retire, even when it could not afford to win)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    If I may, 2022-75=1947
    Thus the claimed 75 years of success do not concern only F1, but the activities of the brand since its creation (and not either the scuderia which is, as everyone knows, even much older, with Alfa Romeo)
    The ratio of success in F1 would therefore be 16 constructor titles (if we exclude the pilot titles of course) for 72 years run, i.e. 22%
    To be complete, we could also consider the titles lost in an unfortunate way (death of the drivers for example), but we must also consider that although always present in F1, Ferrari has sometimes focused more on endurance.
    Obviously, this ratio is not comparable with that of another team which would count its titles relative to its presence alone (Ferrari did not retire, even when it could not afford to win)
    William's follows Ferrari WITH REGARDS TO THE WCC at 20% success rate.

Mercedes is the at the top with over a 50 percentile success rate in the WCC titles.

Personally I like the gear... I'm assuming there will be a lot of black on the car... looking forward to next week!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    William's follows Ferrari WITH REGARDS TO THE WCC at 20% success rate.

Mercedes is the at the top with over a 50 percentile success rate in the WCC titles.
    I was just saying that's not comparable that simple
    Staying in f1 when your focus is in Le Mans, fighting for both or when your company or yourself struggle is not the same thing as when you come only when you feel strong
    There is also the money factor (remember Ford in Le Mans)
    In another hand each newcomer experiment learning years...
    Realy, i feel we can't compare any more
    We can't fight for numbers, even if one of us talk about 59 years of failure... Think that was joking
    Last edited by Gilles; 11th February 2022 at 17:44.

If I may, 2022-75=1947
    There was no WCC till 1958.
    Forza Ferrari

There was no WCC till 1958.
    Sorry you'right
    Then 2021-1958=63 ; 16/63=25,4%
    We are then at 47 years of "failure", if you prefer (if my calculations are right this time)
    Not that bad at the end
    Last edited by Gilles; 11th February 2022 at 19:06.

Quote Originally Posted by bkircher View Post
    Links don't work
    Yes they do. Try a different browser i.e. instead of Google try Firefox.

That Shell logo with the red square around it just ruins everything that could have possibly been nice about the design. Who thought of that?!!

That Shell logo with the red square around it just ruins everything that could have possibly been nice about the design. Who thought of that?!!
    Agreed. Would have been better without the box.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

The back looks good, but overall I don't like it.
    Forza Ferrari

ok, they will sell at least one then :)
    haha! I know heaps of fans who have allready ordered. Im an AC Milan fan so this black and red design is heaven for me!
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    haha! I know heaps of fans who have allready ordered. Im an AC Milan fan so this black and red design is heaven for me!
    Ok, as long as the car isn't red and black striped

Ok, as long as the car isn't red and black striped
    hmmmm, wasn't it already done... by red fools ?

redBlackF1.jpg

Both titles this year. We’ve waited (mostly) patiently for too long.
    Having said that: FORZA FERRARI!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus