Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 203132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Carlos needs this race finishing 1st!! A podium will also be a boost for him. Ferrari needs 1, 2 driver points every race to be up there!!! Every inch of their cars are in #1 priority as far as being ready for the race. Porpoising can't be impossible to fix! Especially that it's beating up the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Carlos needs this race finishing 1st!! A podium will also be a boost for him. Ferrari needs 1, 2 driver points every race to be up there!!! Every inch of their cars are in #1 priority as far as being ready for the race. Porpoising can't be impossible to fix! Especially that it's beating up the drivers.
    a Carlos win in Spain would be great, Spanish F1 fans would love that.
    they would also like to see Fernando win, but that is a long shot.

Measurements by Red Bull and Mercedes have shown that the Ferrari engine is currently four kilowatts (5.4 hp) ahead of the Honda V6 and eight kilowatts (10.8 hp) ahead of the Mercedes.
    That could increase. First, Ferrari still has a revision of the hybrid system up its sleeve that can inject more power over longer periods of time. Secondly, some wiggle room has been left in the pre-ignition out of concerns about reliability.
    #AMuS

Good news, the digging spoon seems to be gone (was hard to see on the filming day pic), and there's a new larger moving flap (as seen, this time)
    We should now have good top speed when DRS is open, better in line with RB and better than I expected after seeing the first photo
    Last edited by Gilles; 19th May 2022 at 20:19.

I`ve made some collage with ,,new,, and old car. i don`t see any difference at sidepod`s...

looks like they've removed the floor support, might be a good sign that they've got a solution for the porpoising. Probably the angle but the area where RayBan is seems to slope down a bit more but too hard to tell without having the same views.

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    I`ve made some collage with ,,new,, and old car. i don`t see any difference at sidepod`s...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...54c69b7c_b.jpg
    Wait till tomorrow....still early days.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Man these wheel covers are so hideous they're ruining the whole look this year, I'm sorry but I just can't get over them.

It is still not showed

Found this on Twitter:

Last edited by Decoded; 19th May 2022 at 19:18.

Different shade of red :)

New anti-porpoising fund, also revised the entrance to the Venturi channels
    During the pre-season tests carried out right here in Spain, the porpoising problem was an obstacle that all the teams found themselves facing and which they are still trying to solve definitively. The images of Ferrari jumping on the starting straight of the Spanish circuit had caused a sensation, thus making known the now canonical dolphin effect.
    Already during the first three days in Spain, Ferrari had shown itself as one of the most active teams in fighting this phenomenon, with interventions also performed directly on the track, while others arrived directly from Maranello, with the use of different types of funds to study this phenomenon and take the right countermeasures. The most used method initially was to place cuts on the bottom, thus giving up a part of the surface, to allow the air to come out from under the car and limit the effect of pumping. However, this was only a provisional solution, as it involved a sacrifice in terms of performance and therefore lap time.
    The last two specifications tested by Ferrari in the Bahrain tests last March
    Ferrari's Head of Vehicle Concept, David Sanchez , revealed during the Bahrain tests that the application of these cuts was only a palliative to resolve the hopping, but that a more definitive solution was being worked on in Maranello. "In the medium term, the goal is to design a new fund that can solve all these problems and allow the car to express itself at its peak without problems of this kind".
    Barcelona will be the track where this new fund will make its debut that should eliminate porpoising. This would allow the engineers to work with lower ground clearance, benefiting from the generation of aerodynamic load from the bottom of the car, therefore greater overall efficiency of the car.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Hopefully it works and allows Ferrari to run the car as low as possible to take the full benefits of ground effect. I want to see the F1-75 sparking on the straights, not bouncing.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Hopefully it works and allows Ferrari to run the car as low as possible to take the full benefits of ground effect. I want to see the F1-75 sparking on the straights, not bouncing.
    Yes, that's they have to verify, the unknow but main point from their wind tunnel work. Unlock full pace depends of it. Sparks for me too please!
    As for the wing, they went the direction i was waiting for, i'm confident on that point
    So, let's be tomorrown, we want our sparks!
    Last edited by Gilles; 20th May 2022 at 05:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Different shade of red :)
    Apparently they save 700g by not applying the clear coat.

Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post
    Apparently they save 700g by not applying the clear coat.
    But the car never had a clear coat as far as I know....it was always MATTE

Even if not easy to analyse, porpoising seems better controled with the new floor

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Even if not easy to analyse, porpoising seems better controled with the new floor
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FThhvUXX...jpg&name=large
    if i read this correctly, our porpoising goes down as the race progresses, tothe point it is even with the fizzy beverage team.

But we still have some room for improvement. But i didn't see much porpoising at all in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    We seem to be having tyre issues on the mediums with high deg, any likelihood of the revised floor and running the car lower will cause more issues to show up? Over to you Gilles!
    I found your answer, sorry if late :
    An important thing in tire management is to run them within their temperature window.
    Porpoising limits the settings available and therefore reduces the ability to run the tires in this window
    Last edited by Gilles; 24th May 2022 at 19:37.

An important thing in tire management is to run them within their temperature window.
    Porpoising limits the settings available and therefore reduces the ability to run the tires in this window
    Leclerc was 1.5 tenths per lap quicker than the fastest fizzy drink driver in the opening 8 laps. With better tyre preservation.

Those wheels look positively agricultural! In motion with Ferrari's color accents they look much better.
    Thanks for the close-up stills:)

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    if i read this correctly, our porpoising goes down as the race progresses, tothe point it is even with the fizzy beverage team.

But we still have some room for improvement. But i didn't see much porpoising at all in Spain.
    Apparently divided by 2 compared to Australia

Leclerc was 1.5 tenths per lap quicker than the fastest fizzy drink driver in the opening 8 laps. With better tyre preservation.
    Yes, the car was very good, thanks to the updates.
    The answer is for a question posed before the spanish gp

Apparently divided by 2 compared to Australia
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FThhvT7W...jpg&name=large
    still more room for improvement which means more laptime and better setup window.

Azerbaijan will be the test imo, but one race at a time.

By the way, it must be said that Mercedes did a very good job, they should capitalize on it now...

still more room for improvement which means more laptime and better setup window.

Azerbaijan will be the test imo, but one race at a time.
    To be competitive their, i would like to say that we have the advantage of the engine, but with the failure of Leclerc' turbo, I prefer to keep quiet
    Last edited by Gilles; 25th May 2022 at 08:59.

It is therefore the mgu-h which has overheated, with no other cause than cooling according to Ferrari. The turbo suffered but the rest of the PU is intact and reusable. An increase in cooling is therefore to be expected
    Last edited by Gilles; 25th May 2022 at 09:42.

It is therefore the mgu-h which has overheated, with no other cause than cooling according to Ferrari. The turbo suffered but the rest of the PU is intact and reusable. An increase in cooling is therefore to be expected
    and this was EVEN in free air.....can just imagine if he was following another car....for sure they will need to increase the cooling for the MGU-H

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    and this was EVEN in free air.....can just imagine if he was following another car....for sure they will need to increase the cooling for the MGU-H
    I read somewhere that the temperature during the race was exceptional, but like you, I'm too much disapointed to so easily forgive this lack of cooling