Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 243536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

  1. #1441
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i'm pretty sure he was exaggerating.
    indeed. i'm saying DRS is wayyy too overpowered this year. then you have excessive DRS zones, on tracks like Jeddah where overtaking is already entirely possible

    there are people saying that Spain proved that F1 still needs DRS, but Spain is the exception for lack of overtaking on the current calendar. same with Monaco. Normal tracks, we should get acceptable overtaking without DRS imo.

  2. #1442
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    indeed. i'm saying DRS is wayyy too overpowered this year. then you have excessive DRS zones, on tracks like Jeddah where overtaking is already entirely possible

    there are people saying that Spain proved that F1 still needs DRS, but Spain is the exception for lack of overtaking on the current calendar. same with Monaco. Normal tracks, we should get acceptable overtaking without DRS imo.
    DRS basically ensures a faster car will overtake, especially if they already have a near 10 km/h advantage or more.

    Seems to only help the racing when the cars have very similar top speeds or performance.

  3. #1443
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    943
    So, apparently, they mounted a new turbo on Charles’s PU, but also the old mgu-h, surely to avoid a penalty when upgrading the electrical components

  4. #1444
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    943
    The new low drag wing + new mirror
    Last edited by Gilles; 11th June 2022 at 09:48.

  5. #1445
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    647
    What Binotto said is extremely sensible.
    He wants the pressure off the shoulders of the team members. He clearly says that ppl want the championships, but he says that they will not be judged badly if they fail.
    Very smart.

  6. #1446
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,243
    Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    What Binotto said is extremely sensible.
    He wants the pressure off the shoulders of the team members. He clearly says that ppl want the championships, but he says that they will not be judged badly if they fail.
    Very smart.
    Binotto obviously didn't read any of the last race posts here at our Ferrari forum! Team pressure to win is the main incentive to use all the hard work done by everyone come race time. Carlos and Charles are for sure doing their best. There's no room for compromise when fighting for the title! They need [THE CAR !] And the porpoising needs to be corrected at all costs. All the drivers are suffering big time! During and after the races.
    Last edited by Brembo; 12th June 2022 at 09:20.

  7. #1447
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Binotto obviously didn't read any of the last race posts here at our Ferrari forum! Team pressure to win is the main incentive to use all the hard work done by everyone come race time. Carlos and Charles are for sure doing their best. There's no room for compromise when fighting for the title! They need [THE CAR !] And the porpoising needs to be corrected at all costs. All the drivers are suffering big time! During and after the races.
    Good thing he didn't read your nonsense!

    He just trusts the fastest man on the planet, Charles!
    Last edited by SilverSpeed; 12th June 2022 at 13:58.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

  8. #1448
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,243
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Good thing he didn't read your nonsense!

    He just thrusts the fastest man on the planet, Charles!
    Did you mean trusts ? No team pressure to win? Just show up and do what you can, win or fail ; no prob. I also trust both Carlos and Charles to do the bst they can.

  9. #1449
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    7,263
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Good thing he didn't read your nonsense!

    He just thrusts the fastest man on the planet, Charles!
    Just don't react to him. He will get tired of talking to himself.

    "If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

  10. #1450
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,243
    Both Ferrari's D N F ! No pressure on the team members. Just show up and do what you can.

  11. #1451
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    15,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Just don't react to him. He will get tired of talking to himself.
    Obviously not, coz he is ****** ***** troll!!! And mods are not doing anything to stop it!
    Last edited by Tony; 14th June 2022 at 20:59.

  12. #1452
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Obviously not, coz he is autistic retarded troll!!! And mods are not doing anything to stop it!
    I think he's basically praying for some sort of hamilton resurgence still this season and is probably quite satisfied with today's result despite the Ferrari double DNF.

  13. #1453
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,379
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Obviously not, coz he is autistic retarded troll!!! And mods are not doing anything to stop it!
    You are more likely to get banned with comments like this tbh.

    Use the ignore function if you don't want to read his comments. View profile, add to ignore.
    Forza Ferrari

  14. #1454
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    505
    Can we all put away our angry views aside and rather discuss what we can do for the next GP.

    Is our cooling system not right for this PU unit ?

    Can we change our air ducts for more ventilation ?

    What can our boys do for Canada...............Or is it doom and gloom ?
    Drive it like you stole it!

  15. #1455
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,243
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Good thing he didn't read your nonsense!

    He just trusts the fastest man on the planet, Charles!
    Look where that got him [us fans] last race!

  16. #1456
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    9,270
    so what now, the FIA don't allow us to fix our engines for reliability concerns/problems????

    that is load of crap.....maybe Merc and Honda have an input on this and they dont' agree that we should be able to fix the issues

    here's a link:

    http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...g_success8217/

  17. #1457
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    7,263
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so what now, the FIA don't allow us to fix our engines for reliability concerns/problems????

    that is load of crap.....maybe Merc and Honda have an input on this and they dont' agree that we should be able to fix the issues

    here's a link:

    http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...g_success8217/
    How is that even freaking possible?! Is this a joke? Are we a joke to F1? It was said that changes due to reliability will be allowed and now that when WE need them? Maybe we should try the Merc and Red Bull tactic and threaten to leave F1. It's time to be strong again Ferrari, push the politics, get an edge, make everyone else fear us.

    If we are not allowed to make changes to the engine, the season is probably really over. And not just this season. Next 4 years as well.

    "If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

  18. #1458
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    How is that even freaking possible?! Is this a joke? Are we a joke to F1? It was said that changes due to reliability will be allowed and now that when WE need them? Maybe we should try the Merc and Red Bull tactic and threaten to leave F1. It's time to be strong again Ferrari, push the politics, get an edge, make everyone else fear us.

    If we are not allowed to make changes to the engine, the season is probably really over. And not just this season. Next 4 years as well.
    It's actually telling that Ferrari requested a reliability upgrade before this. It means the team suspected the PU had issues, in which case why on earth did they use the PU2 on Leclerc again? Now that they've lost a PU, I suspect the FIA will grant the request.

    Regardless, it's not the end of the world that Ferrari will have to likely use double the PU's others are using. Run the PU to the max when it's fresh, conserve it for a race or so, get a new one, take the next penalty, then do it all over again.

    If Leclerc has to drop 5 places he can make short work of the Mercedes, get by Sainz, and then go after the Red Bull's. They should go for it in Canada. LDF RW and new PU might give Leclerc a chance.

    Of course, the circus on the wall will be Leclerc's greatest enemy.

  19. #1459
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,379
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post

    Of course, the circus on the wall will be Leclerc's greatest enemy.
    Yawn....same circus that got him into P1 yesterday?

    Let's spend our budget on engines every other race though, brilliant idea....
    Forza Ferrari

  20. #1460
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    10,330
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    It's actually telling that Ferrari requested a reliability upgrade before this. It means the team suspected the PU had issues, in which case why on earth did they use the PU2 on Leclerc again? Now that they've lost a PU, I suspect the FIA will grant the request.

    Regardless, it's not the end of the world that Ferrari will have to likely use double the PU's others are using. Run the PU to the max when it's fresh, conserve it for a race or so, get a new one, take the next penalty, then do it all over again.

    If Leclerc has to drop 5 places he can make short work of the Mercedes, get by Sainz, and then go after the Red Bull's. They should go for it in Canada. LDF RW and new PU might give Leclerc a chance.

    Of course, the circus on the wall will be Leclerc's greatest enemy.
    And that's my pet-peev. IF Ferrari have to use extra PU's that are allowed, why should Leclerc be penalized for it??? This is a Ferrari issue not a driver issue. So why not penalize Ferrari in the WCC standing by deducting points from the team RATHER than from the driver. It's not Leclerc's fault ....he doesn't make the PU. That's my 2 cents.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  21. #1461
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yawn....same circus that got him into P1 yesterday?
    You mean when his engine when boom? Or where you talking about the amazing Monaco strategy?

  22. #1462
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    How is that even freaking possible?! Is this a joke? Are we a joke to F1? It was said that changes due to reliability will be allowed and now that when WE need them? Maybe we should try the Merc and Red Bull tactic and threaten to leave F1. It's time to be strong again Ferrari, push the politics, get an edge, make everyone else fear us.

    If we are not allowed to make changes to the engine, the season is probably really over. And not just this season. Next 4 years as well.
    I guess it will depend on why it's failing, is it because of the bouncing and overheating as stated on here? Well then that's up to us to fix. If its an inherent flaw then I am sure we will be allowed to fix it once we provide that info to the FIA.
    Forza Ferrari

  23. #1463
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,379
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    You mean when his engine when boom? Or where you talking about the amazing Monaco strategy?
    The pitwall made his engine go? Strategy was good yesterday....but let's not mention it no more.
    Forza Ferrari

  24. #1464
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    The pitwall made his engine go? Strategy was good yesterday....but let's not mention it no more.
    LOL! And that strategy was laughable yesterday, too. Red Bull were eating Charles lead fast, and would've needed a second stop.

  25. #1465
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,379
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    LOL! And that strategy was laughable yesterday, too. Red Bull were eating Charles lead fast, and would've needed a second stop.
    Again making things up....Charles had track position and showed he could easily defend from Max, as he said he was managing his tyres just fine.

    Must be horrible being you always looking to put the team down you claim to support.
    Forza Ferrari

  26. #1466
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,776
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    And that's my pet-peev. IF Ferrari have to use extra PU's that are allowed, why should Leclerc be penalized for it??? This is a Ferrari issue not a driver issue. So why not penalize Ferrari in the WCC standing by deducting points from the team RATHER than from the driver. It's not Leclerc's fault ....he doesn't make the PU. That's my 2 cents.
    I agree that the drivers shouldn't be penalised, but it's always been said that the Constructors' championship means more to the team's finances and reputation. And if penalties are enforced for taking extra PUs or whatever, points aren't deducted from a driver in any case, and the likelihood of getting any points starting mid-grid is open to question too. I know you know this, but just saying!

  27. #1467
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    10,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

    Must be horrible being you always looking to put the team down you claim to support.
    Do you have any idea how many members on this forum "put the team down" yesterday because of sheer frustration????
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  28. #1468
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    10,330
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I agree that the drivers shouldn't be penalised, but it's always been said that the Constructors' championship means more to the team's finances and reputation. And if penalties are enforced for taking extra PUs or whatever, points aren't deducted from a driver in any case, and the likelihood of getting any points starting mid-grid is open to question too. I know you know this, but just saying!
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  29. #1469
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,379
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I agree that the drivers shouldn't be penalised, but it's always been said that the Constructors' championship means more to the team's finances and reputation. And if penalties are enforced for taking extra PUs or whatever, points aren't deducted from a driver in any case, and the likelihood of getting any points starting mid-grid is open to question too. I know you know this, but just saying!
    Would just open it up to title contenders getting a new engine every race. WCC money matters to the midfield but the top teams are all about winning the WDC.
    Forza Ferrari

  30. #1470
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Would just open it up to title contenders getting a new engine every race. WCC money matters to the midfield but the top teams are all about winning the WDC.
    I take your point, Greig, and for most fans I dare say the WDC is just as important as the WCC, but if some of us have a favourite driver, it's harder to accept when he is denied what he works so hard for.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •