Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617182954 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    @GiulyDuchessa reports that in terms of engine, all the focus is on the internal combustion engine in Maranello this winter. On the test bench, the new ICE design has much more power, they are working on reliability.
    2022 Ferrari engine showing ‘power levels that we expect from competition’

On the test bench, the new ICE design has much more power

LINK: https://scuderiafans.com/2022-ferrar...m-competition/

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    2022 Ferrari engine showing ‘power levels that we expect from competition’

On the test bench, the new ICE design has much more power

LINK: https://scuderiafans.com/2022-ferrar...m-competition/
    Ohhh I so like to believe in all this and when first race come, Ferrari to be something like 1 sec from everyone

2022 is the new 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    At least theri is no that fade to darker red and that hideous green MW logo
    You have a good point Stefa, but still more RED need3d
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    2022 is the new 2004.
    From your mouth to Gods ears...I would be freaking ecstatic if Ferrari would be straight on the pace and win races right from the start....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    From your mouth to Gods ears...I would be freaking ecstatic if Ferrari would be straight on the pace and win races right from the start....
    There are many rumors in F1, and many you have to bring a pinch of salt. A rumor that I heard in Abu Dhabi is that there are supposed to be two teams that have found something smart with the 22 cars that the others have not found out. Which teams I do not know, but maybe we'll get a Brawn situation?

I hope one of those two teams is SF

SANTANDER will be sponsoring Ferrari from 2022, the return of the white wings?

So was the speculation about Todt returning to Ferrari officially refuted, or is that still a possibility?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    SANTANDER will be sponsoring Ferrari from 2022, the return of the white wings?
    Great, more freacking white on the car….I won’t like it that much personally
    But as long as it’s fast I can put up with it I guess

I'd hope for a red rear wing with Santander in white as it's their natural logo.

Spanish F1 driver + Ferrari F1 car = Santander sponsorship
    It's not how start but how you finish.

If Santander is the primary sponsor then I think even the red will be more of a Santander red

Quote Originally Posted by speedmaster View Post
    If Santander is the primary sponsor then I think even the red will be more of a Santander red
    Way better than that dark red at the end of car we had this year

I'm expecting next years cars to be faster than the 2020-2021 cars by the end of 2022. Ground effect will make 2022 cars faster in high speed corners and the 18 inch wheels will help with the slow speed corners.

Drivers who can handle the pointy rear ends will excel next year. So watch out for Charles, Max, Hamilton and Alonso.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    2022 is the new 2004.
    Or 2014... it is Ferrari after all. Never underestimate their ability to mess it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Or 2014... it is Ferrari after all. Never underestimate their ability to mess it all up.
    2009... Yes, unfortunately that is also possibility. Hope it's not going to be!

2009... Yes, unfortunately that is also possibility. Hope it's not going to be!
    In 2009 at least we had Kimi win in Spa. 2014 was first winless year since like 1993 or something. Of coarse since then Ferrari added 2020, and 2021 to that. So chances are, 2022 will be a crap show again. I'm not expecting much.

Ferrari’s 2022 F1 car and engine will feature "a lot of innovation"

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fe...ation/6956875/

I think it's fair to say that ALL 2022 cars will feature a lot of innovation due to the new regulations.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    I think it's fair to say that ALL 2022 cars will feature a lot of innovation due to the new regulations.
    true that.....let's hope our engineers will pull a rabbit out of the hat and surprise all the other teams....in a good/fast way of course....

now more then a month and a half to wait till we see the new cars....i cannot wait

So, they overhauled McLaren with the new hybrid that they introduced near the end of 2021. That was a good sign as that meant they were able to overcome the gap to a Mercedes engine even with a slower ICU. If the ICU has way more power gains next year compared to the Mercs, we may be looking good. I don’t see the 2022 rebranded Honda improving too much more than this year. They may have put all their eggs into 2021. Merc engines will still be strong but you can see that the aero reg changes for 2021 hurt them hard. I think they suffered hard from those sudden rule changes and it shows that the aero from previous seasons was a greater weapon for them than the engine. My theory is that Ferrari, Honda and Mercedes will be at par in the engine department. Chassis-wise, they will similar also. The difference will be made by the drivers. I’m getting the feeling that Charles and Carlos are great at driving a car that’s hard to drive. Hamilton, as great as he is, was never great at driving a poor handling car. All cars next year will be tough to drive. It will take a good driver to tame them. Enter Verstappen. He’s what I fear the most. Nevertheless, Charles is a match for him, in my opinion. Russel could be a wildcard. Hamilton could start to fade away. None of this even matters, because I don’t have a crystal ball.
    I have yet to meet anyone quite so stubborn as myself and animated by this overpowering passion that leaves me no time for thought or anything else. I have, in fact, no interest in life outside racing cars.
    Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    All of them? Are you sure?

As always, there will be a "must have" thing and everyone will copy it. Now which one of them will come up the "must have" innovation, that's the biggest question.

Ferrari’s 2022 F1 car and engine will feature "a lot of innovation"

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fe...ation/6956875/
    They are doing innovation good. But the problem is they are not sticking to one concept. Every year they are changing it.

2017 good car without good engine & reliability
    2018 strong car with decent engine, but no development path
    2019 good car with beast engine, but no development path
    2020 disaster car with disaster engine
    2021 decent car with decent engine & with good development path

Now they are saying 2022… we have few innovations. Making progress through out the season is important for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    There are many rumors in F1, and many you have to bring a pinch of salt. A rumor that I heard in Abu Dhabi is that there are supposed to be two teams that have found something smart with the 22 cars that the others have not found out. Which teams I do not know, but maybe we'll get a Brawn situation?

I hope one of those two teams is SF
    I thought they have guarded against someone finding something special and having the advantage all season. Did they not say they can change rules to get rid of silver bullets within a few races? Artificially preventing dominance.

Binotto in a recent interview: We must strive to be the best. We don't want to start a low season in terms of expectations. Meanwhile he literally sent Charles and Carlos through all of 2021 saying the total opposite. Fans included, no hope . Wait till next year. And in spite of that low incentive coming from him all season , our drivers fought till the end like they had a chance for the podiums.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Trying to be less angry..

F1 | Ferrari surprise: the E10 petrol has already recovered the lost 20 hp
    Of:
    Franco Nugnes
    Dec 30 2021, 13:43
    Good news filters out from Maranello: not only the Superfast engine is giving positive results, but also the research center to which Shell has entrusted the study of the E10 fuel for Ferrari has developed a petrol that has made it possible to find the power that everyone the manufacturers lost with the introduction of ethanol. The Scuderia homologates a power unit that seems capable of challenging Mercedes and Honda.
    F1 | Ferrari surprise: the E10 petrol has already recovered the lost 20 hp
    The news might seem like a surprise at the end of the year, but in F1 the twists on a technical level do not exist, because the performance improvements are only the result of hard work. At the power unit level, the Manufacturers decided that the big change for 2022 would be the introduction of E10 fuel on ground-effect single-seaters, i.e. a blend with 90% fossil fuels and 10% ethanol.

The introduction of ethanol forced the engineers to redesign the combustion chambers of the 6 cylinders and the loss of power estimated by Mattia Binotto in about twenty horsepower is the research field in which all the manufacturers (Mercedes, Ferrari, Honda and Renault) are working to close a gap which, of course, has affected everyone in much the same way.

From the little news filtering from Ferrari, it would appear that the 2022 engine, ready to be homologated and frozen until 2025 inclusive, would have brilliantly exceeded the power values ​​of the 065/6 that concluded the championship, both for the design qualities of the Superfast unit designed by engineer Wolf Zimmermann, under the technical direction of Enrico Gualtieri, and for the chemical qualities of the latest fuel developed by Shell.

The Dutch oil giant since last February, when the multi-year agreement that binds it to the Cavallino was renewed, was elevated to an "innovation partner", a role that is no longer just that of sponsor and supplier of petrol and lubricants, but the Shell has assumed a fundamental role in the analysis and study of ecological fuels for present and future F1.

The first example of this close collaboration is the rapid response with which the research center entrusted with the study of the E10 fuel for Ferrari was able to overcome the 20 horsepower handicap estimated by Binotto for the Superfast engine.

In short, not only has there been work on the new engine in an attempt to bridge the power gap from Mercedes and Honda, but the challenge has expanded to every field that can contribute to performance. And the ability of the F1 world is such that it can overcome any difficulty or problem with research and innovation.

Finally, there is an air of confidence at the test benches of the Gestione Sportiva engines: the results obtained are even higher than those defined in the project. The unquestionable leap in quality, however, will have to be measured with the work that the opponents have done, so the first answers on the effective competitiveness of the red must be expected from the winter tests ...
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

These are very good news, but I am NoT gonna fall for it again as I used to in the past and then come testing and first race to be really disappointed....I take these news now with a big grains of salt for now and will only wait for Q3 in Bahrain to see where we stack up against the competition

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    These are very good news, but I am NoT gonna fall for it again as I used to in the past and then come testing and first race to be really disappointed....I take these news now with a big grains of salt for now and will only wait for Q3 in Bahrain to see where we stack up against the competition
    OF COURSE this is the way. Don't think that me that post this I m fully convinced!!!! It's always good to hear good things, BUT we've heard it 8n the past too and thay didn't deliver!!!!
    SO we must be just praised that there are good news coming out and not bad , but only this!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!