Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 429404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Well , nobody knows how much truth is in all the rumors we read ,good or bad.
    We just have to wait and see if it will actually help us in lap times (because there is when it counts).
    But this(the new evolved hybrid)is something we are here even since the beginning of the season. Not something completely new.
    And on top of that we have to manage the ice.
    Let's see...!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Interesting facts about the engine of the Ferrari F1-75! - The layout of the Power Unit is innovative as well as the intercooler (intercooler). For sure. - On the separation of the turbo, these are only rumors, not confirmed.Presumably with all this new technology Ferrari has a diamond in the rough for the long haul and it takes time to understand the full complexity of this new engine. And above all, definitively solve the problems of reliability.

@SmilexTech

The current forecast for Paul Ricard next weekend is up towards 40°C on the Saturday and potentially 38°C on the Sunday. Not sure how Leclerc's older engine is going to last I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    The current forecast for Paul Ricard next weekend is up towards 40°C on the Saturday and potentially 38°C on the Sunday. Not sure how Leclerc's older engine is going to last I'm afraid.
    maybe we should get everything NEW again, and start from the back....and still finish P3 or P5....
    it's sad, but until we FIX/UPGRADE the parts in our engines with one's that are more robust and reliable....our engines ONLY seem to be OK for 3, maybe 4 races MAXIMUM.....

we'll get there....im sure Ferrari have a plan to introduce updated parts to the engine under RELIABILITY ISSUES/FIXES

It's interesting what happened to Red Bull. They went from being equal with Ferrari in terms of space until Imola, when supposedly a weight introduction gave them like, 7 tenths in race pace. Then this warning of new tests for illegal skid flexing coming (at the time, France) and they suddenly lose their massive straight line advantage and the tires and handling are like Melbourne again.

If Red Bull lack pace again in France, that will pretty much tell the story that they have in fact been using a cheat floor. That'll be as embarrassing for them as the fuel cheat scandal was for Ferrari in 19', because everybody will connect the dots.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    It's interesting what happened to Red Bull. They went from being equal with Ferrari in terms of space until Imola, when supposedly a weight introduction gave them like, 7 tenths in race pace. Then this warning of new tests for illegal skid flexing coming (at the time, France) and they suddenly lose their massive straight line advantage and the tires and handling are like Melbourne again.

If Red Bull lack pace again in France, that will pretty much tell the story that they have in fact been using a cheat floor. That'll be as embarrassing for them as the fuel cheat scandal was for Ferrari in 19', because everybody will connect the dots.
    Well ,IF we are so.much faster then them ,as we where in Austria, then when Lec wins (I'm referring to Lec just because he is the one who has to win for the championship) ,it would be cool to say "I guess,this happens when you stop cheating!!!!"
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

no, because they wouldn't have been able to produce the new non flexi floor in time. Hence why the directive doesn't go into effect until Belgium.

If after Spa and Monza, the pecking order changes, then we can rub it in Maxipad's face.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    maybe we should get everything NEW again, and start from the back....and still finish P3 or P5....
    it's sad, but until we FIX/UPGRADE the parts in our engines with one's that are more robust and reliable....our engines ONLY seem to be OK for 3, maybe 4 races MAXIMUM.....

we'll get there....im sure Ferrari have a plan to introduce updated parts to the engine under RELIABILITY ISSUES/FIXES
    Don't forget, Leclerc took PU3 AND PU4 in Canada. So we should have one in the pool we can switch to without penalty. Then, as others have pointed out, we have new ERS components coming after summer break. We'll be forced to take penalty anyway to fit those to the pool, so it would be an ideal time to add an ICE which has the reliability fixes you described.

We can't blow up before summer break, we might have an advantage right now, and we know that Hungary should suit the Ferrari. Let's close this gap in the championships first and then we'll see what happens after August.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    no, because they wouldn't have been able to produce the new non flexi floor in time. Hence why the directive doesn't go into effect until Belgium.

If after Spa and Monza, the pecking order changes, then we can rub it in Maxipad's face.
    No, they can't change the floor, but they might be using different settings and altered the floor, in anticipation of losing the extra downforce. They'd rather their pace issues appear now, than at Belgium, when the tests begin, and the timing be obvious.

Don't get me wrong, Ferrari's Silverstone package is boss and brought a lot of pace. But that Red Bull pace suddenly dropping like a rock and the tires being chewed up suddenly is suspicious to say the least. You don't go from being 6 tenths a lap faster everywhere, to suddenly losing a second in the race to Leclerc.
    Last edited by RossTheBoss; 13th July 2022 at 17:25.

I think Red Bull would wait till Belgium before giving up any pace if it affects them, I doubt much will change at Belgium pace wise tbh.
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari is not losing the development battle against Red Bull. The updates on the F1-75, for a technical choice, are minor in quantity but they work. For Leclerc the next 2 GPs are fundamental in terms of PU reliability

@Forumula_Uno

In my view they are correct, next two races are crucial for Ferrari & Leclerc.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I think Red Bull would wait till Belgium before giving up any pace if it affects them, I doubt much will change at Belgium pace wise tbh.

What's your view on our team, think we'll be affected by this rule, Knowing that Binotto mentioned that they would need to change a few things come Belgium ?
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari is not losing the development battle against Red Bull. The updates on the F1-75, for a technical choice, are minor in quantity but they work. For Leclerc the next 2 GPs are fundamental in terms of PU reliability

@Forumula_Uno

How bad would it be if Carlos wins the next two races For Ferrari? A 1,2 Ferrari podium finish with either driver 1st , 2nd equals the same great points for the WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    How bad would it be if Carlos wins the next two races For Ferrari? A 1,2 Ferrari podium finish with either driver 1st , 2nd equals the same great points for the WCC.
    Why is it so hard for you to understand that any winning team must back 1 driver for the WDC? This isn’t a Rubens/Ferrari idea, all teams who want to win do this. Most recently; Merc with Ham, RedBull with Vettel and now Verstappen. If you want to win you need to back your faster driver. It’s not rocket-science.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

No, they can't change the floor, but they might be using different settings and altered the floor, in anticipation of losing the extra downforce. They'd rather their pace issues appear now, than at Belgium, when the tests begin, and the timing be obvious.

Don't get me wrong, Ferrari's Silverstone package is boss and brought a lot of pace. But that Red Bull pace suddenly dropping like a rock and the tires being chewed up suddenly is suspicious to say the least. You don't go from being 6 tenths a lap faster everywhere, to suddenly losing a second in the race to Leclerc.
    i don't think they would willingly throw race wins and points away like that.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

@Forumula_Uno

well the Fizzy Drink team is somehow going to bring an ERS upgrade after the break despite complaining we needed an engine freeze because Honda was "leaving". AND they are bringing their 27th sidepod design!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    What's your view on our team, think we'll be affected by this rule, Knowing that Binotto mentioned that they would need to change a few things come Belgium ?
    Two different issues in the TD.

1. There will be metrics to control how violent vertical porpoising can be. Ferrari will have to make changes to stay without the allowed metric for that on long straights like those of Monza and Spa. There will be a new floor and possibly rear suspension upgrades for that.

2. Upward flexing of the plank for more downforce at high speeds. This is what both Red Bull and Ferrari have been accused of, but there's reason to think Red Bull are a higher offender of this, given how their car never bottoms out.

well the Fizzy Drink team is somehow going to bring an ERS upgrade after the break despite complaining we needed an engine freeze because Honda was "leaving". AND they are bringing their 27th sidepod design!
    Ferrari have an ERS and reliability upgrade to come as well, plus a new floor.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Why is it so hard for you to understand that any winning team must back 1 driver for the WDC? This isn’t a Rubens/Ferrari idea, all teams who want to win do this. Most recently; Merc with Ham, RedBull with Vettel and now Verstappen. If you want to win you need to back your faster driver. It’s not rocket-science.
    OK! Most recently, Russell with Merc, Max barely with Perez, I just believe that team orders are to be used if need be race by race. If Carlos winds up winning the next to races on merit or bad luck with Charles ,does he become the #1 driver and Charles lets him pass?

Ferrari have an ERS and reliability upgrade to come as well, plus a new floor.
    oh yes, if we can get to within 25 in WDC and 50 in WCC, before break, there is so much changing after break, it's all to play for.

And Hungary should be a Ferrari track, it's just making sure Leclerc has the car to beat Maxipad in France, even if we don't win. We have not done well at Paul Ricard in recent years.

oh yes, if we can get to within 25 in WDC and 50 in WCC, before break, there is so much changing after break, it's all to play for.

And Hungary should be a Ferrari track, it's just making sure Leclerc has the car to beat Maxipad in France, even if we don't win. We have not done well at Paul Ricard in recent years.
    Your last comment also applied to Austria where we haven't had great results recently until last weekend, so maybe Paul Ricard can become another circuit where things can take a turn for the better....a bit optimistic, maybe, but who knows with the 2022 cars?

And 2 top drivers for Ferrari! Neither willing to hold back as far as winning a race!! Stay optimistic Wisepie! Binotto hasn't ruined our drivers yet with @ 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Your last comment also applied to Austria where we haven't had great results recently until last weekend, so maybe Paul Ricard can become another circuit where things can take a turn for the better....a bit optimistic, maybe, but who knows with the 2022 cars?
    we haven't had great results in Austria but we still have done better there than in France, in my book Leclerc won there in 2019.

Supposedly last year the team simply "forgot" some data that they learned the year before, well hopefully this year they come prepared to race on that surface. The problem is it's another place where the other teams test there more than we do.

A picture of the work done on the Drs :

In the end only one can be champion not both drivers, so its plain to see that you always back your fastest driver, of course there is a cut off to choose but the sooner is the better and the drivers must respect the teams decision.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    In the end only one can be champion not both drivers, so its plain to see that you always back your fastest driver, of course there is a cut off to choose but the sooner is the better and the drivers must respect the teams decision.
    There is no cut off when it comes to the team needing as many WCC points from both drivers as possible. The only true way for a team to honestly know their fastest driver is to let them race to win!!

There is no cut off when it comes to the team needing as many WCC points from both drivers as possible. The only true way for a team to honestly know their fastest driver is to let them race to win!!
    For how long?? And what happens when from this "fight " the only winner is Ves (see Austrian spring race)??!!
    You want to tell me that till now you haven't understand who is faster???
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    For how long?? And what happens when from this "fight " the only winner is Ves (see Austrian spring race)??!!
    You want to tell me that till now you haven't understand who is faster???
    You mean allowed to be faster. If the cars are right up there ; let them race! Points are all that counts.

You mean allowed to be faster. If the cars are right up there ; let them race! Points are all that counts.
    It's quite simple. You have 2 drivers. You let them race the 1st 5-6 races. Till you have seen who is the fastest and you back him for the WDC and you take points from both for the WCC. Only if you have a dominant car and only your driver's are close points wise and the 3rd is miles behind only then you let them race till the end. ALL the other times where you fight for the championship, after the 1st 3rd of the season you are backing your fastest driver for the championship. You don't let your guys fighting like we did in sprint race in Austria ,and this was a fine example for what I say.Lec was fastest and he just managing the tires, Sainz wrongly tried to fight hom(because from what I can understand and I hope I'm wrong for the good of the team, he only cares t9 prove that he can beat Lec.I understand that all drivers wants to prove that, but not when you have lost in all races on pure performance and we only won under circumstances and teams bad calls for Lec that benefitted you. ) and the outcome was that Sainz couldn't keep up with Lec and only managed to ruin his run and didn't have enough time and tires to fight Ves. If Sainz was equal or faster then Lec ,he had to prove it in the 1st 5,6,7 races. Now it's too late. We can't afford to any other points Lec and the team. And don't tell me that we us fans only care about WCC because this is not true. Of course the team wants th win the WCC because this is the trophy that is recorded to the team's name BUT as a trophy value and prestige the WDC is bigger even for the team.
    For example to understand what I mean, last year Mercedes won the WCC and Ves won the WDC right?!!.
    Well I bet that if you ask the average f1 viewer that is not a hard core one who won F1 last year (as a general question that you ask an average person like a reporter on the street) most of them they will answer Verstappen/ RedBull, because that is what have remain in their mind. Very few will know / care that the WCC was won by Merc.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Well said. Your theory makes sense. I'm just finding it hard to chose one as a favorite.