Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11364748495051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

  1. #1801
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,234
    Binottos famous reply to whats going on @ Ferrari is always " Were working on next years car!" The Ferrari team gets paid anyway. Why worry? Our drivers need to stop drinking Red Bull on camera!

  2. #1802
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,868
    The pressure has been applied to binotto by John Elkcan the blow torch has been turned on, binotto can no longer talk his way out of failed situations and has been instructed to seek new blood.The situation at ferrari has been taken out of his hands, his mission now for his survival is to maintain P2 in both championships that is his brief.Failure to deliver this result i believe will make his position at ferrari as team principle untenable.Nothing surprises me at ferrari and it would not be outside the realm that a new TP is being scouted.

  3. #1803
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,234
    I believe Binotto just follows orders and keeps saying just what he's told to say. He I believe never wanted to be T P, he was ;is better at his past position . He's for sure not allowed to call the shots on his own. Meanwhile Ferrari is wasting two of the best drivers in F-1 on bad call during the races and not getting what was the top car this year at the start to go out as a top car.

  4. #1804
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,232
    He I believe never wanted to be T P
    Not only he wanted to be TP, he demanded it to the demise of Arivabene.
    He's for sure not allowed to call the shots on his own.
    A professional that is not allowed to do his job, usually quits.
    Contrary to what you say, I believe that Binotto was bestowed management's trust and targets.
    Last year targets were met (if not exceeded) and to that end, he had all the trust of the world for this year.
    He came to this year with the 3rd place of last year , with an excellent car, and all he had to do is LEAD the team to at least second (since this was the first time we were charging for a championship) but do it hard - keep close to 2nd place, give the first team a really good run for their money.
    And IF the chance was presented, get the WCC or the WDC, why not?
    Instead, the team presented a slewth of mistakes, he (personally) presented an image of being very hard for him to admit mistakes, even at times saying that everything was right.
    This inevitably will eat away to the trust of the management , the team staff, the drivers, and of course the tifosi !

    If the 2nd place is lost, I believe that it will be the end of Binotto as TP.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  5. #1805
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,234
    Binotto was supposed to do all he could to get Mick a seat with Ferrari. Carlos was just too go to be dumped for sure. Mick was no where ready for the move to"The Seat!" Had he paid more attention to the team that started the season strong as everyone else Ferrari might have been ! #1.

  6. #1806
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,734
    Binotto feels 3 PUs are too few for a full season.

    🗣️ “The penalties at Monza were too many. It’s difficult for a fan to see a car on pole, but not start on pole because of grid penalties.”

    “Maybe the 3 PUs per driver are too few. We need to reconsider for next seasons.”


    Now he started to speak on engines . What was he doing when he’s agreed to new regs, can’t they put this on the table & push for the change?

  7. #1807
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Binotto was supposed to do all he could to get Mick a seat with Ferrari.
    Was he now?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  8. #1808
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,232
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Binotto feels 3 PUs are too few for a full season.

    ��️ “The penalties at Monza were too many. It’s difficult for a fan to see a car on pole, but not start on pole because of grid penalties.”

    “Maybe the 3 PUs per driver are too few. We need to reconsider for next seasons.”


    Now he started to speak on engines . What was he doing when he’s agreed to new regs, can’t they put this on the table & push for the change?
    The real question is, why was he agreeing so promptly , each and every time?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  9. #1809
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,988
    https://twitter.com/fanaticsferrari/...704205824?s=21

    Massive fail from Ferrari; Elkan and Binotto should have put their foot down against this TD. They would have known from the start that it would have killed our competitiveness. 2 years developing down the drain because Toto is a sore loser who has too much power in the sport. Thanks to Hamilton and George’s acting RedBull will win every remaining race this year. Masterclass by RedBull and Horner acting against the TD when they knew all along it would further their advantage.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  10. #1810
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://twitter.com/fanaticsferrari/...704205824?s=21

    Massive fail from Ferrari; Elkan and Binotto should have put their foot down against this TD. They would have known from the start that it would have killed our competitiveness. 2 years developing down the drain because Toto is a sore loser who has too much power in the sport. Thanks to Hamilton and George’s acting RedBull will win every remaining race this year. Masterclass by RedBull and Horner acting against the TD when they knew all along it would further their advantage.
    This is why Luca implied that Ferrari are bad at politics in F1 currently. It's because they are.

    Red Bull and Mercedes use their participation as leverage against the FIA, whereas Ferrari don't, and that's the difference. In any racing series the power that any team has is conditioned by their value and their willingness to withdraw from the series if certain demands are not met. The FIA stopped fearing Ferrari after Todt and Brawn left.

    Ferrari don't need F1 anymore than Porsche, Lamborghini, Toyota, Peugeot, or Ford do. They'd be fine without it, and they could do sportscar racing to fill their racing itches. But, Ferrari are addicted to F1. They love it too much. They'd never leave, and the FIA know it. So they don't care what Ferrari want.

  11. #1811
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,003
    Yup, Ferrari can leave F1 just like any other team. And funny enough, if anything, the new cost cap might actually help them achieve that. The money they can't spend on F1, they are now putting into other racing series. If they are involved and have success in enough alternate high level motorsports, their racing pedigree remains and they can always 'leave' F1 for a while to prove a point. Whether they would or not, who knows, but push them far enough and they might. Could be the end of F1 if they stay away for too long, but it would be a hammer blow to the FIA and FOM. Might be fun to see. Would be a boring F1 season though.

  12. #1812
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    9,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Yup, Ferrari can leave F1 just like any other team. And funny enough, if anything, the new cost cap might actually help them achieve that. The money they can't spend on F1, they are now putting into other racing series. If they are involved and have success in enough alternate high level motorsports, their racing pedigree remains and they can always 'leave' F1 for a while to prove a point. Whether they would or not, who knows, but push them far enough and they might. Could be the end of F1 if they stay away for too long, but it would be a hammer blow to the FIA and FOM. Might be fun to see. Would be a boring F1 season though.
    i for one, i would NEVER watch F1 ever again IF Ferrari were to pull out....and as you say, F1 would go down the drain and self destruct WITHOUT FERRARI

    Ferrari IS the GLUE that holds F1 all together....but that may be just my thought

  13. #1813
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    3,044
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i for one, i would NEVER watch F1 ever again IF Ferrari were to pull out....and as you say, F1 would go down the drain and self destruct WITHOUT FERRARI

    Ferrari IS the GLUE that holds F1 all together....but that may be just my thought
    We all believe this.

    Which is why it’s all the more frustrating when Ferrari don’t use this a leverage as stated above. Strong men create good times: Ferrari 2000 to 2008. Good times create weak men: Binotto. Weak men create bad times.

    When you place a weakling in charge of a team like Ferrari, the only possible outcome is bad times.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good

    Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.

  14. #1814
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,868
    Ferrari have leverage they just don't know how and when to apply it.The problem is they need a T P that can lead a team strongly and posses the strength of an assasain when it comes to the FIA, and is not scared to exit should the call need to be made.If the TP feels that decisions by the Fia are determential to ferrari then he will apply maximum pressure to achieve the desired results with no fear of the consequences this is what ferrari are lacking.So stop being nice and meek in business because its not working at all, change tactics and business values and principles. GROW SOME COLIONNI.

  15. #1815
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,234
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    The real question is, why was he agreeing so promptly , each and every time?
    By agreeing to all Ferrari asks of him got him the top job. He's getting big time $$$ pay. Ferrari knows he's not at fault for doing all he's told to do ; they are! " Finche il denaro e' li, che se ne frega! "

  16. #1816
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,735
    Hopefully Ferrari find someone more ruthless and tactical so that Bin8 can go back to tech head or retire with what by now must be an ample nest egg.

  17. #1817
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,003
    Why does everyone assume that Binotto is weak. Just because he's not constantly yelling and screaming and threatening to pull out of the sport, doesn't necessarily mean he's weak.
    Todt was a soft spoken guy. He wasn't constantly threatening to leave. Plus it isn't Binotto's decision to make to leave F1. That would be Ferrari's decision. If anyone needs to be more assertive it should be Elkan.
    I do agree Binotto needs more support against the likes of Marko & Wolf. Todt as a political advisor/consultant/buffer would have been nice.
    I don't think it's Binotto's style to be loud & overtly aggressive, but I do think that he's tougher than he looks. We don't really know what & how many concessions he's managed to get from the FIA.

  18. #1818
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,234
    Binotto is told what to do and for the most part what to say as far as making decisions. He works for Ferrari and I'm sure gets paid very well. It had to be tough going for him trying to get Mick a seat so soon. I'm glad Carlos made it through. He's right up there with the best if let drive in peace! F-1 needs Ferrari back in the race at least for podiums!

  19. #1819
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,232
    Why does everyone assume that Binotto is weak.
    It is all about what we see. See Toto, see Horner, see how they push in FIA. Then, see how he acts in FIA.

    It is all about politics.
    I could not care less if he yells, in fact I don't like yelling. All I care about is the fact that we cave (all the time) to what other teams (mostly Mercedes) want, demand, call it what you will.
    And TPs are supposed to push for the interests of their respective teams, among other things.

    Plus it isn't Binotto's decision to make to leave F1. That would be Ferrari's decision.
    Wrong, just like every other employee, he can always retire.
    If anyone needs to be more assertive it should be Elkan.
    To that I agree. But also, it's Binotto's job to push to that end, believe it or not. It's his job to make it clear towards Elkaan that things don't work with the direction HE gets from Elkaan. And yes, if he feels that's the case he will resign.
    I do agree Binotto needs more support against the likes of Marko & Wolf.
    Sure, and how does he demand it? What does he do to get it? Does he even ask for it?
    We simply don't know.

    Todt as a political advisor/consultant/buffer would have been nice.
    I don't think it's Binotto's style to be loud & overtly aggressive, but I do think that he's tougher than he looks.
    The other day, I saw a 458 which was a beauty, but damn... I just cannot afford it :D
    Elkaan (if we 're to believe the internet) did not go for it, who knows.
    Thing is we 're going back to what I said, Binotto needs to be more assertive, guess what, IT IS HIS ROLE to be assertive.
    Part of being a leader is to inspire and being assertive is part of the job.
    We don't really know what & how many concessions he's managed to get from the FIA.
    Three years, if I am not mistaken, have we seen one thing that has clearly benefitted Ferrari?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  20. #1820
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,234
    If out of nowhere Binotto became more assertive who would listen? I believe he's where he is because he does what he's told to say and do. Praise when things work out and when they don't he's just following orders. He's happy to be where he is and $$$ getting paid for sure OK. My main wish is that Carlos and Charles stick it out @ Ferrari. There as good as any other drivers and then some. 3 years of doing what he's told is why he's still on the job.

  21. #1821
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    It is all about what we see. See Toto, see Horner, see how they push in FIA. Then, see how he acts in FIA.

    It is all about politics.
    I could not care less if he yells, in fact I don't like yelling. All I care about is the fact that we cave (all the time) to what other teams (mostly Mercedes) want, demand, call it what you will.
    And TPs are supposed to push for the interests of their respective teams, among other things.


    Wrong, just like every other employee, he can always retire.

    To that I agree. But also, it's Binotto's job to push to that end, believe it or not. It's his job to make it clear towards Elkaan that things don't work with the direction HE gets from Elkaan. And yes, if he feels that's the case he will resign.

    Sure, and how does he demand it? What does he do to get it? Does he even ask for it?
    We simply don't know.


    The other day, I saw a 458 which was a beauty, but damn... I just cannot afford it :D
    Elkaan (if we 're to believe the internet) did not go for it, who knows.
    Thing is we 're going back to what I said, Binotto needs to be more assertive, guess what, IT IS HIS ROLE to be assertive.
    Part of being a leader is to inspire and being assertive is part of the job.

    Three years, if I am not mistaken, have we seen one thing that has clearly benefitted Ferrari?

    Meant it's not his decision to make for Ferrari to leave F1.


    Yes, we don't know, but most assume that he hasn't done anything and has bowed down to the likes of Toto & Horner. Could be that he has pushed the FIA pretty hard on some issues. Just because he doesn't shout about it doesn't mean he just agrees with everything.
    Why can't we give this team a chance to grow into something instead of trying to tear it down all the time. The car is good, the engine is good, the atmosphere in the team and between the drivers is good. Let it develop.

  22. #1822
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    It is all about what we see. See Toto, see Horner, see how they push in FIA. Then, see how he acts in FIA.

    It is all about politics.
    I could not care less if he yells, in fact I don't like yelling. All I care about is the fact that we cave (all the time) to what other teams (mostly Mercedes) want, demand, call it what you will.
    And TPs are supposed to push for the interests of their respective teams, among other things.


    Wrong, just like every other employee, he can always retire.

    To that I agree. But also, it's Binotto's job to push to that end, believe it or not. It's his job to make it clear towards Elkaan that things don't work with the direction HE gets from Elkaan. And yes, if he feels that's the case he will resign.

    Sure, and how does he demand it? What does he do to get it? Does he even ask for it?
    We simply don't know.


    The other day, I saw a 458 which was a beauty, but damn... I just cannot afford it :D
    Elkaan (if we 're to believe the internet) did not go for it, who knows.
    Thing is we 're going back to what I said, Binotto needs to be more assertive, guess what, IT IS HIS ROLE to be assertive.
    Part of being a leader is to inspire and being assertive is part of the job.

    Three years, if I am not mistaken, have we seen one thing that has clearly benefitted Ferrari?

    Meant it's not his decision to make for Ferrari to leave F1.


    Yes, we don't know, but most assume that he hasn't done anything and has bowed down to the likes of Toto & Horner. Could be that he has pushed the FIA pretty hard on some issues. Just because he doesn't shout about it doesn't mean he just agrees with everything.
    Why can't we give this team a chance to grow into something instead of trying to tear it down all the time. The car is good, the engine is good, the atmosphere in the team and between the drivers is good. Let it develop.

  23. #1823
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    558
    How Technical Directive 39/22 affected Ferrari F1-75 performance

    The Technical Directive 39/22 affected the performances of many teams, but more so that of Scuderia Ferrari, despite the fact that team principal Mattia Binotto described its impact as ‘negligible’. We assume that even a loss of a tenth in the close battle between the Maranello team and Red Bull could have made the difference. However, it would seem the impact was something more ‘negligible’, something which has broken that subtle balance on which Formula 1 cars are often inclined to race.

    Ferrari was forced, like many other teams, to increase the ride height from the ground with an actually negligible loss of load since the F1-75 has always been one of those cars, together with Red Bull but also Alfa Romeo, which managed not to lose too much load even when the ride height varied. However, the new DT39 has resulted in the stiffening of the suspension structure in order to be able to comply with the new parameters imposed by the Federation in terms of rigidity and wear of the board under the floor.

    A change of this type is not minimal, on the contrary. At Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, the technicians found themselves dealing with a ‘new’ F1-75, more unknown and unpredictable. A car that now has an operating window that has clearly narrowed mainly due to ‘limited’ mechanics. In Zandvoort the situation improved slightly but the tyre degradation remained high and the balance was not ideal. At the Monza circuit, also thanks to the characteristics of the track that made the Technical Directive impact less significant, a better balance and competitiveness was found but the degradation remained higher than what could be seen in the first part of the 2022 Formula 1 season.


    https://scuderiafans.com/how-technic...CWfF71gppczZPQ

  24. #1824
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,377
    People on here forget Todt had Luca Di fighting Ferrari's corner...Elkan does no such thing.
    Forza Ferrari

  25. #1825
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    9,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    People on here forget Todt had Luca Di fighting Ferrari's corner...Elkan does no such thing.
    EXACTLY.....Di Montezemolo played a BIG role in Ferrari's success while he was at the HELM

  26. #1826
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,868
    Monti has proved himself outside of ferrari also in another field of the corporate world.When you have a certain business mindset it is portable anywhere and in any situation and is a huge draw card to any major company.Montis results go on speaking for themselves.

  27. #1827
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,003
    Well there hasn't been a Monti since Marchione passed away. It's the heads of Ferrari that need to hit up the FIA if they want things changed, it's not Binotto's position to make break away threats that would be meaningless anyways.
    But I think Ferrari is a little different now that it's gone public. Maybe run more by a board than by a passionate racing fan.

  28. #1828
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well there hasn't been a Monti since Marchione passed away. It's the heads of Ferrari that need to hit up the FIA if they want things changed, it's not Binotto's position to make break away threats that would be meaningless anyways.
    But I think Ferrari is a little different now that it's gone public. Maybe run more by a board than by a passionate racing fan.
    Agree with this, Ferrari continue to introduce and sell every type of vehicle they can build and the passion of Enzo seems to have been lost in the need to keep shareholders happy, at the expense of the drivers and us, the tifosi.

  29. #1829
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well there hasn't been a Monti since Marchione passed away. It's the heads of Ferrari that need to hit up the FIA if they want things changed, it's not Binotto's position to make break away threats that would be meaningless anyways.
    But I think Ferrari is a little different now that it's gone public. Maybe run more by a board than by a passionate racing fan.
    It's precisely this... you can blame Binotto for the strategy errors at the start of the season, but politics, that's a bridge too far. That's up to Elkann to throw his weight around and he's not doing that.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

  30. #1830
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It's precisely this... you can blame Binotto for the strategy errors at the start of the season, but politics, that's a bridge too far. That's up to Elkann to throw his weight around and he's not doing that.
    100%.

    I've called Binotto out for his failings. Failing to give Leclerc number one status and develop the car around him is idiotic. That falls on the TP, no debate. But, it is up to Elkann to have Binotto's back when it comes to politics, and the latter has failed terribly at that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •