Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1641525354555657585960616263646566
Results 1,951 to 1,973 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

The Ferrari 675 will change but it will be a strong evolution of the F1-75 and will not copy anyone. Nobody talks about bouncing anymore. According to our information the car went into the tunnel very early, since July.

@Formu1a_uno

Binotto: “Ferrari 2023 evolution of the F1-75. We will remain faithful to our aero concept". The first objective will be to build a fast and reliable car, then improve on the wall and in the pistons. And still not digesting the 2023 changes.

Mattia Binotto:

"I would give this season a 7.5/8. It was certainly positive. The goal was achieved after two difficult seasons."

"Nobody would've bet on a Ferrari so strong at the start and that remained so competitive after 22 races.

We fought with a Red Bull and beat Mercedes, finishing on the podium in Abu Dhabi."

Mattia Binotto:

"Stability is important. Look at RB, they didn't win for 9 yrs and haven't changed. Look at Ferrari. I was there in the Todt era who arrived in 93, won the first title in 99. Those were important yrs to build. Stability is best and I fight for that for the team."

Imo F1-75 not even improved 0.1 sec after summer break , while both Mercedes and RB kept improving.

Kinda promising because even if we have had improved 0.3-0.4 sec , we would’ve won couple more races. Which is pointless to spend more money on already-ended championship.

2023 gonna be much more fun , seems like Mercedes is back. 3 way championship battle is always better.

Carlos Sainz Sr:

"The most important is that Carlos has gone from less to more. He had 6 DNFs, losing lots of points, but ended up driving well, with the Austin pole and last 2 races."

"Next year's car has good modifications compared to what made him uncomfortable in 2022."

Carlos Sainz Sr:

"The most important is that Carlos has gone from less to more. He had 6 DNFs, losing lots of points, but ended up driving well, with the Austin pole and last 2 races."

"Next year's car has good modifications compared to what made him uncomfortable in 2022."
    If they have actually built the new car around Sainz, we are doomed before the start of the season!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    If they have actually built the new car around Sainz, we are doomed before the start of the season!!!
    Sainz’s adaptation stories are pure bs. He didnt improved… not at all.. Charles has lost his motivation after Max increasing the point gap. That was the case.

This was also the case back in 2021 , Charles had no goals with midfield car so Sainz seemed to be matched with Charles.

Just give Charles a chance to be a champion , Sainz will faded..

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Sainz’s adaptation stories are pure bs. He didnt improved… not at all.. Charles has lost his motivation after Max increasing the point gap. That was the case.

This was also the case back in 2021 , Charles had no goals with midfield car so Sainz seemed to be matched with Charles.

Just give Charles a chance to be a champion , Sainz will faded..
    QFT
    And that became quite evident at AD, when we saw Charles back on his usual self.
    Btw, where was Carlos , with his "adapted" car again? Ah yes..
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    QFT
    And that became quite evident at AD, when we saw Charles back on his usual self.
    Btw, where was Carlos , with his "adapted" car again? Ah yes..
    I lost my Faith in Sainz when he couldnt manage to close the gap with Pierre Gasly in Monza 2020 with clearly faster car.

He might be a 8.5/10 Driver on his Good day but never gonna be 10/10.

Ferrari needs to make a decision about No. 1 driver if we have compettive car next year.

And Sainz would never take the 2nd Pilot pill despite he is not being a Top Class driver. Always gonna be problem

Fans should be honest and just call him "Rubens Sainz! " At least back then Ferrari won WCCs and WDCs! Send our two drivers out equal 2023 ; with equal cars to their liking and let the points add up!!

I lost my Faith in Sainz when he couldnt manage to close the gap with Pierre Gasly in Monza 2020 with clearly faster car.

He might be a 8.5/10 Driver on his Good day but never gonna be 10/10.

Ferrari needs to make a decision about No. 1 driver if we have compettive car next year.

And Sainz would never take the 2nd Pilot pill despite he is not being a Top Class driver. Always gonna be problem

he improved sso much. and in that race he or his car was so bad. but generally carlos is good driver. maybe he is not better than leclerc. but still better than many drivers.

he was unlucky this year. also russell hit him and destroyed his race. he is always an entrant for the podiums. he could have been 4th this year in the championship. but russell destroyed his race in the Us gp

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    he improved sso much. and in that race he or his car was so bad. but generally carlos is good driver. maybe he is not better than leclerc. but still better than many drivers.

he was unlucky this year. also russell hit him and destroyed his race. he is always an entrant for the podiums. he could have been 4th this year in the championship. but russell destroyed his race in the Us gp
    Mclaren was definetly faster car than Alpha Tauri in Monza 2020, And Mercedes Engine was superior. He should have won that.

I don’t think he is bad driver but not one of the best either.

Sainz , Perez , Bottas and Gasly are the 2nd best Group of drivers on my list. They can be useful good 2nd driver.

the problem with Sainz is his ego. He was simply unhappy with podiums at the beginning of the season. Literally the man was sulking on the podiums. This kind of personality always going to be problem

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Fans should be honest and just call him "Rubens Sainz! " At least back then Ferrari won WCCs and WDCs! Send our two drivers out equal 2023 ; with equal cars to their liking and let the points add up!!
    Ferrari won because
    1. They got strategy right
    2. We had an engine that would simply never break (then again was one race engine)
    3. Reubens knew his place (ie. 2nd fiddle to Michael).
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post

No offense to Carlos, sure he tried, and tried a lot. He improved, specially to 2nd half of the championship comparing to the first, but, only blind people cannot see that he cannot compare to Charles.

the problem with Sainz is his ego. He was simply unhappy with podiums at the beginning of the season. Literally the man was sulking on the podiums. This kind of personality always going to be problem
    EXACTLY.

Ferrari won because
    1. They got strategy right
    2. We had an engine that would simply never break (then again was one race engine)
    3. Reubens knew his place (ie. 2nd fiddle to Michael).
    Your #3 is totally correct! Todt not Michael had Rubens finish second. He wanted to stay @ Ferrari.

I respectfully disagree. A driver that is content with being a podium and being 30 seconds behind their teammate has the wrong mentality. Sainz wants to be a winner, a champion, and he puts in the work to do it. Through the middle of the season, he managed to close the gap to Charles considerably. If Leclerc wants to stay ahead of Sainz, he needs to work on improving himself. This is a very good thing. The Ferrari drivers have worked as a team when the team asked them to, and so that doesn't seem to be a problem either.

Well said! Both drivers and the team have what it takes WDC, WCC if as you said they "Work together as A TEAM " And.... Binotto needs proper guidance during the races.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Well said! Both drivers and the team have what it takes WDC, WCC if as you said they "Work together as A TEAM " And.... Binotto needs proper guidance during the races.
    Ferrari? Hmm.. it'd be nice.

Trying to be less angry..

How Ferrari quietly sorted its core F1 engine reliability problem
    Ferrari’s fluctuating form in the final races of the Formula 1 season – especially from struggles in Mexico to fighting Red Bull in Abu Dhabi – highlighted how critical engine performance was.
    Franco Nugnes
    By:
    Franco Nugnes
    Co-author:
    Jonathan Noble
    Nov 28, 2022, 12:16 PM
    How Ferrari quietly sorted its core F1 engine reliability problem
    There were two factors at play here: the first that the setup of its power unit, and especially its turbo size, was not ideal for the high-altitude races in Mexico and Brazil.

But beyond that was the confirmation from Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto after the final race that the Maranello squad had had to wind back engine performance in the latter stages of the year because of reliability concerns.

Some spectacular and costly engine failures earlier in the campaign – including Charles Leclerc’s blow-ups in Spain and Baku, plus Carlos Sainz’s fiery exit in Austria – had prompted the need to turn things down a bit while a solution was put in place.

Top Videos

In a short reference, Binotto said: “We had to slightly lower the power. Yes, we had to do it.”

But it has since emerged that Ferrari was able to go aggressive again in Abu Dhabi with its 066/7 engine with the team believing it had found the solution to those earlier reliability problems.

According to sources, the weak element in the power unit had been singled out as the spark plug within the pre-chamber.

This was the latest evolution of the TJI (Turbulent Jet Ignition) combustion system that Mahle had made available to Ferrari in 2016, and which had allowed the team to close the power gap to Mercedes.

In the six years since, enormous strides were made in the development of a system that has been optimised for the latest generation of power units that were homologated to be frozen until the end of the 2025 season.

The TJI system includes the spark plug and the fuel injector. Both are housed in a well in the cylinder head, and both elements work together to help maximise power.

Only 2-3% of the fuel is injected into the pre-combustion chamber, the rest spreads over the piston surface. The mixture inside the “cap” is particularly rich, while the combustion agent in the chamber is leaner, with more air than fuel.

The ignition of the spark plug reacts with the very rich mixture in the pre-chamber, and causes the creation of plasma jets through open holes in the cap. Thanks to a very high pressure, the lean mixture is self-ignited in several points of the chamber with a flame spread that extends to the entire volume of the cylinder.

The system makes it possible to shorten combustion times, which delivers two advantages.

First the very lean mixture in the chamber means the harmful effects of detonations are reduced, meaning you can increase the compression ratio for more performance.

Plus, with teams still limited as to how much fuel can be used in a race (currently 110kg), for the same amount of fuel injected, greater thermal efficiency is obtained - which also equates to more power.

Ferrari pushed development to exploit the maximum pressure of the injection system, which reaches 500 bar as allowed by the regulations, and aimed for five discharges for each engine cycle.

But the extreme concept led to increased internal temperature, which caused the spark plug to suffer and eventually break.

The engineers, therefore, had to tweak their mapping to not push the spark plug over the limit, while an external supplier worked on delivering new materials to ensure that the component could cope with the needs of the engine in maximum power mode.

Ferrari’s performance in Abu Dhabi suggests that the spark plug problem seems to have been solved, which will be a big boost to Ferrari’s hopes for 2023 where it knows it cannot afford a repeat of its reliability woes.

motorsport.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Ferrari? Hmm.. it'd be nice.

Now that Mick is no longer a threat to Carlos having to give up his seat I believe Ferrari will be really in the points! Mick just isn't ready. I also believe Binotto having been really pushed to get Mick is now over and done with ; he will be on his way for sure.

No offense to Carlos, sure he tried, and tried a lot. He improved, specially to 2nd half of the championship comparing to the first, but, only blind people cannot see that he cannot compare to Charles.
    +1

Since Charles unfortunately couldn't compare to neither Max and almost not George I believe Carlos is right up there with all the top drivers . 2023 will be a big deal for both our drivers given the no team orders sign! And a for real competitive Ferrari!!!!