Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920213257 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yeah, that was it. unfortunately that's not the 2022 challenger.
    Unfortunately no chance to see the car now
    Also, i really hope to see more originality in it
    Last edited by Gilles; 22nd January 2022 at 15:22.

A "whistleblower" inside Ferrari leaked it.
    That's what i read too
    Last edited by Gilles; 22nd January 2022 at 16:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Was the Ferrari / Fia engine agreement only been secret for reputation reasons?
    We have often seen Mercedes drive an entire year with an innovation before its ban.
    The way Ferrari ran its engine was deemed illegal and possibly banned because it gave a huge advantage in 2019, without prior submission to Fia.
    I do not believe that Binotto is stupid and if he accepted such a sanction, it may be that he only inherited the stuation, but also that he received the commitment that this thing could be legal, in one form or another, by 2022.
    It could also be the hidden reason why competitors demanded to know about the deal.
    I fear that the Fia was not completely sealed and that in addition to the time that had elapsed, the others could have worked on this subject (there was a meeting with people from Mercedes, on the subject of SF engine without SF be invited)
    But it could be that Ferrari still hopes to recover an advantage
    The more i think about that the less i believe it. Just stupid

Hope Ferrari identified this person and kicked them out.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Hope Ferrari identified this person and kicked them out.
    And kicked their bottoms.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Bloody moles!!! They are everywhere.
    Wished we had some moles leaking info from Mercedes or Red Bull if they violated the rules.
    Wishful thinking, I know

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I seriously doubt there is a "rupture" of any sort between Elkann and Binotto's relationship, over JT.
    Was there some sort of scenario including JT joining back the Scuderia? Absolutely.
    Did it come to fruition? for whatever the reason, no.

Basically, that's all there is to it, anything more is pure sensationalism.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Reflexion about what would be the new car :
    It seems that is now impossible to seal the side of the floor with vortex. So, it should be the end of rake
    As result, it become important to control ground clearence, meaning suspensions work and lowering the CG location will be more important than before
    Lower tyres degradation will help for pushing on track, also because more fuel would be inboard at the race starts (no more fear to destroy tires when running a full tank and then, more power to use)
    No more to have to bend tyres to heat them (good thing)
    The chanels location aren't on the center of the car, so it would be dificult to not have understeer, even with near zero wing at the rear end : find load on the front of the car would be a solution to balance it, but how? Possible new aero system? Balance the car without lost floor load or adding drag would be the challenge?
    Like it was not enought complicated, the rear wing could help working the diffuser, but there is less need of it's load with floor chanels and again it has to be balanced at the front end
    Am i right?
    Any idea?

The new Ferrari track livery has black on the back. Is this a hint of the new cars livery???
    Attachment 7903
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Dr death marko already assessing ferraris chances as poor for 2022.Lets see i can't wait for his return serve when ferrari are right at the pointy end.I actually see red bull as one of the top teams to start slowly.They put overtime into last year's car and this will come at a cost.Dr death time to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Dr death marko already assessing ferraris chances as poor for 2022.Lets see i can't wait for his return serve when ferrari are right at the pointy end.I actually see red bull as one of the top teams to start slowly.They put overtime into last year's car and this will come at a cost.Dr death time to retire.
    I'm not defending his comments by a long-shot, but I guess if you go by past history, you'll be right more often than not if you say that Ferrari wont win a title in the current year. You can make the same prediction really about any team other than Mercedes and Red Bull who have both been the teams to beat over the last decade and more.

Although in this case, with a bit of a reset from a regulations standpoint, it's quite a bold statement to make. Not sure what he's basing that on, but Ferrari's staff does tend to have loose lips lol...

Interesting, thanks
    Unfortunatly, i'm not sure to anderstand that load transfert (from front to rear as from rear to front)
    Any idea?
    Last edited by Gilles; 27th January 2022 at 20:03.

My hopes and dreams for 2022?
    Ferrari WCC and Sainz WDC (or Leclerc)

but if that's not possible then I don't care who wins as long as it's not Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    My hopes and dreams for 2022?
    Ferrari WCC and Sainz WDC (or Leclerc)

but if that's not possible then I don't care who wins as long as it's not Mercedes.
    Think we must be patient to kwow where we are. This year could be particular. We will see were everyone is at the first race, but whith work to anderstand car, making it working, find and solve it's weaknesses, anderstand and react to others teams ideas, budget cap, possible ramping up from Rb and Mercerder,...,things could fluctuate a lot. Sure 2023 will be more "quiet"
    SF have a chance this year, they must catch it.
    On One side they have been working years on this project, maybe more than others, one the other side the new rules lottery factor is a major unknow

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm not defending his comments by a long-shot, but I guess if you go by past history, you'll be right more often than not if you say that Ferrari wont win a title in the current year. You can make the same prediction really about any team other than Mercedes and Red Bull who have both been the teams to beat over the last decade and more.

Although in this case, with a bit of a reset from a regulations standpoint, it's quite a bold statement to make. Not sure what he's basing that on, but Ferrari's staff does tend to have loose lips lol...
    Agreed. He's stating his views based on our past record which hasn't been great to be honest. It is the job of Ferrari F1 to turn this pre-fixed mindset to one with a optimistic mindset where we can challenge the top teams.
    Nevertheless, being cautiously optimistic here. Been through this road before, don't want that to happen again.

Interesting, thanks
    Unfortunatly, i'm not sure to anderstand that load transfert (from front to rear as from rear to front)
    Any idea?
    Unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of technical knowledge in the sport. Let's hope it's true though! I wonder who the 2nd team?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of technical knowledge in the sport. Let's hope it's true though! I wonder who the 2nd team?
    In this article, near all seems possible to me, in line with what we can imagine with the new rules, giving credit to it
    But not the whole article : i can't imagine there is people currently able to know what all teams have done, so read that two teams found trick... And as said, i don't anderstand the last paragraph on aerodynamic load repartition changing with speed. Until i'll read a credible explanation for that, i will be cautious
    That's what i anderstand by now from this interesting article

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    Agreed. He's stating his views based on our past record which hasn't been great to be honest. It is the job of Ferrari F1 to turn this pre-fixed mindset to one with a optimistic mindset where we can challenge the top teams.
    Nevertheless, being cautiously optimistic here. Been through this road before, don't want that to happen again.
    When Marko denigrates Ferrari, I think it's a good sign. He must think we can get in the way of RB.
    Similarly, his comments on Leclerc are intended to try to destabilize our pilots

When Marko denigrates Ferrari, I think it's a good sign. He must think we can get in the way of RB.
    Similarly, his comments on Leclerc are intended to try to destabilize our pilots
    Absolutely!

Just recently it's come out that Red Bull OBJECTED to Ferrari SF21 test at Fiorano. (https://youtu.be/dPpHEq8irKM)
    Showing that RBR is keeping a close eye on us.

Also, watching Maro berate Charles and praise Carlos is just to create destabilization within the team.

If anyone here understands the language of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQh91JW7Fuc
    Could you give us a summary?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    If anyone here understands the language of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQh91JW7Fuc

Thank you!
    What i have anderstood :
    Nice video descibing situation and some 2022 speculations, ending with a kind of track test report with drivers after-test comments and 2022 wishes
    I would say nothing really new and Olcay Tuncay's car renders
    Last edited by Gilles; 1st February 2022 at 16:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post

Thank you!
    I agree with what Gilles has said, nothing we don't know or haven't heard already, not even sure how accurate the image of the car might be.

What i anderstood :
    Nice video descibing situation and some 2022 speculations, ending with a kind of track test report with drivers after-test comments and 2022 wishes
    I would say nothing really new and Olcay Tuncay's car renders
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I agree with what Gilles has said, nothing we don't know or haven't heard already, not even sure how accurate the image of the car might be.
    I agree too!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Saw the vid rapidly, but the car seem's to be Tunkay's one (everywhere on the web)

These days, there is a rumour on a triangular air intake.
    Possible, SF use it recently, seems they like it
    Better rear wing flow, better CG, less drag.
    One the other hand, require to catch some cooling air somewhere, like into bellies.
    I saw what seems to be Mclaren sidepods, they were very thin.
    It's possible that all teams are going that way, in this case, SF did not choose the easier way. They could have conpensate by using a different layout, maybe the "architecture" Binotto was saying, for car's coponents and also engine.
    They could have done ultra compact cooling like in sf1000 (it never worked)
    Possibly also something in the location or/and the size of the intercooler
    Also Binotto said the new engine need less cooling (probably can't alone be enought)

Very impatient to see the concepts
    Last edited by Gilles; 31st January 2022 at 18:28.

Why oh why would yiu call it F1-75?

Reminds me of 2011 when they called it F150th....and we all know how good that “dog” was....
    I understand that is 75 years celebration but still

I would have much preferred F2022

Let’s hope is a beast and is super FAST
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Why oh why would yiu call it F1-75?

Reminds me of 2011 when they called it F150th....and we all know how good that “dog” was....
    I understand that is 75 years celebration but still

I would have much preferred F2022

Let’s hope is a beast and is super FAST
    Saw that on FB as well this morning. Seems like after the year 2000 every time Ferrari give their F1 cars some special anniversary name they suck the big one. F150°, F138, F60, F14T, SF1000. I agree, F2022 would have been better. Maybe SF22.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Saw that on FB as well this morning. Seems like after the year 2000 every time Ferrari give their F1 cars some special anniversary name they suck the big one. F150°, F138, F60, F14T, SF1000. I agree, F2022 would have been better. Maybe SF22.
    And where is the SF70 in your list of names and why have you excluded it? And F14T wasn't any "special anniversary name".

I think F1-75 sounds cool. The naming is fighter jet esque and sound better than Ferrari F-twenty twenty two.