Thread: R.I.P. Patrick Tambay

R.I.P. Patrick Tambay

Sad news today. Patrick Tambay passed away at the age of 73, having suffered from Parkinsons' disease. Terribly sad way to end your life and quite a bit too soon as well.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...d-73/10407764/

Patrick was a key contributor to the double WCC seasons in '82 and '83, having been drafted in after Gilles' passing and won two races for the team, notably an Imola victory in '83.

Rest in peace Patrick. Merci pour votre contribution ā la Scuderia.

I very well remember his tumultuos time with our team! Grazie e adio Patrick!

Back in the 80s with Ferrari in the fairly frequent position of having a fast car but not stringing the season together, Patrick Tambay did manage to shine on many occasions, just not enough to be a champion. RIP Monsieur Tambay et merci.

At a Grand Prix in the 1980s, I asked Patrick Tambay to autograph a book I had bought sometime before; Antoine Prunet's 1980 hardback 'Ferrari: The Road cars'.

Gilles had signed the first blank page after the front cover for me at a previous GP. Tambay looked at the signature and said "I'll sign the other side; that's his page."

Still brings me to tears. RIP Patrick.
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    At a Grand Prix in the 1980s, I asked Patrick Tambay to autograph a book I had bought sometime before; Antoine Prunet's 1980 hardback 'Ferrari: The Road cars'.

Gilles had signed the first blank page after the front cover for me at a previous GP. Tambay looked at the signature and said "I'll sign the other side; that's his page."

Still brings me to tears. RIP Patrick.
    What a great memory and something to be cherished! Those were the days.

You pay him a great tribute, thanks
    This is proof that more than success, human values feed passion and make fans
    Supporting a TP that lies and ruins team spirit has never made you a fan, in any case in the historical sense as it exists with Ferrari
    Thanks to all those who, like Patrick, by their humanity and their generosity, feed passion and engrave memories
    Last edited by Gilles; 11th December 2022 at 11:58.