Page 1 of 66 1234567891011121314152651 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Hello!

I know this is really early!
    But, can we put up news on Ferrar's 2022 challenger here?

REPORTS: 2022 F1 Engine Set to Push Ferrari Further Upwards

https://www.essentiallysports.com/re...wards-f1-news/

First impression of new 2022 F1 car in simulator is “very different” – Leclerc

Charles Leclerc has become one of the first Formula 1 drivers to sample his team’s planned car for next year’s radically changed technical regulations.

Some teams have already produced early simulator models of their new cars for the 2022 F1 season, while others continue to prioritise development of their current cars in the simulator.

Ferrari’s 2022 machine “is only numbers and predictions” for now, said Leclerc, but he’s already provided feedback on it in the team’s high-spec, bespoke simulator.

“For now, it’s very early days for us to actually say something,” he explained. “The only thing we can do is to try and work in the best way possible with Carlos [Sainz Jnr] to try and explain what are the weaknesses of this year’s car, try to understand why we have those weaknesses and try to not reproduce those mistakes for next year’s car. Even though the project is completely different.

“So I would say on the simulator we’ve got quite a big input and we can help a lot, and also with this year’s feedback to try and help the team to work in the right direction and for them to know exactly what we need to go quick.”

F1 originally intended to introduce its sweeping new technical regulations this year, but delayed it to 2022 as a cost-saving measure after the pandemic broke out. Next year’s car will feature simpler aerodynamics on their upper surfaces, but more powerful downforce-generating floors, which. This is intended to allow cars to follow each other more closely while sacrificing little of current performance levels.

Leclerc says Ferrari’s early 2022 model “feels very different” in the simulator and it is hard to tell what kind of progress they are making with such unfamiliar regulations.

“I think it’s a question mark for everyone, whether we are developing well or not. As I was saying, it’s such a different project. It’s very, very early days. So nobody knows where we are positioning ourselves compared to the others. But we are working on it.”

Other teams are at different stages in their development programmes. Daniel Ricciardo said his focus at McLaren is “still very much 2021”. Williams’ George Russell said his influence on 2022 car development remains limited at this stage in the season.

“The team is still really trying to understand the direction we need to go in,” Russell said. “We’ve already started the simulator work, but it’s such early days, just building those foundations.

“I guess from the driving perspective, you’re just constantly giving feedback from this year’s car, what you would want from next year’s car. But it’s a completely different ballgame next year.

“It’s probably one of the biggest changes ever in the Formula 1 regs. And right now I guess it’s the same for all the teams, trying to find their feet, understanding where they can exploit and find more performance. But nobody knows until we hit that track – the first test next year – nobody’s going to have any idea.”

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    REPORTS: 2022 F1 Engine Set to Push Ferrari Further Upwards

https://www.essentiallysports.com/re...wards-f1-news/
    We need to do a LOT OF PUSHING.....our engine is currently the worst of all.....we definitely need a BIG. Push just to be on par with Honda and Merc......so we need to do a SUPER push if we want to be the class of the field....otherwise we’ll be a painful 3years to come......until the new engine rules in 2025

Binotto would love this tread! He's there already.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    We need to do a LOT OF PUSHING.....our engine is currently the worst of all.....we definitely need a BIG. Push just to be on par with Honda and Merc......so we need to do a SUPER push if we want to be the class of the field....otherwise we’ll be a painful 3years to come......until the new engine rules in 2025
    https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/85643...-big-risk.html

Superfast engine

There are two options for Ferrari. The first is to continue developing the current engine concept. This engine is reliable but a lot slower than the competition. However, the big problem seems to be that this model is running out of steam. Where Honda and Mercedes have already switched to a model with a split turbine and compressor. This design offers extreme advantages when it comes to aerodynamics.

So this is option two for Ferrari: To design a completely new engine. Wolf Zimmermann, a German engineer, has been made responsible for this model which is known as the 'Superfast'. However, Ferrari is currently working on two projects. The further development of the current engine, and the new engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Binotto would love this tread! He's there already.

Looking at that Honda engine, it's going to be tough to catch.

If we are 20bhp down, I think we can find 20bhp, but the problem is, how much more bhp does Merc and Honda bring next season?

It's impossible for me to accept the names Honda or Mercedes as being stronger than Ferrari's engines.

I on the other hand ,still have one last "drop" of faith ,that next year we will be quite competitive both in terms of chassis AND engine!!! This is how i "read" things in the last couple of years. To my eyes next year is a complete different scenario and totaly different then the "next year" og the past that haunt us !!!!
    Well at least in my mind and my hole prospective of what F1/ Ferrari means to me and the time /energy i spend ,all this are completely dependent of our competitiveness next year !!!! I'm 43 and i have 3 kids (my little one 13 months old) ,I've being watcing/supporting our team since 1988-89. I accepted a lot of bad years without judging them,allways trying to find an escuse . Well i reach the point of not having the psychological strength to continue this path. For me next year is the decisive year for another 5-6 years competitiveness. IF we fail again ,this time we will have NO excuse at all!!! So it will be almost the end for me. I will just keep an eye from distance and i will probably gonna watch 1-2 races /year and thats it !!! BUT as i said in the beginning , something inside me tells me that we will be quite good !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I on the other hand ,still have one last "drop" of faith ,that next year we will be quite competitive both in terms of chassis AND engine!!! This is how i "read" things in the last couple of years. To my eyes next year is a complete different scenario and totaly different then the "next year" og the past that haunt us !!!!
    Well at least in my mind and my hole prospective of what F1/ Ferrari means to me and the time /energy i spend ,all this are completely dependent of our competitiveness next year !!!! I'm 43 and i have 3 kids (my little one 13 months old) ,I've being watcing/supporting our team since 1988-89. I accepted a lot of bad years without judging them,allways trying to find an escuse . Well i reach the point of not having the psychological strength to continue this path. For me next year is the decisive year for another 5-6 years competitiveness. IF we fail again ,this time we will have NO excuse at all!!! So it will be almost the end for me. I will just keep an eye from distance and i will probably gonna watch 1-2 races /year and thats it !!! BUT as i said in the beginning , something inside me tells me that we will be quite good !!!!
    i hope you're right....i too hope that next year Ferrari will strike back with a monster of an engine/car....i know i've been saying that for quite some time now.....but surely ferrari would not agree to an engine freeze for next 3 years if they did not have something good cooking on the back burner.....if you knwo what i mean...

time will tell mate, time will tell

There are rumours that the new simulator is late, very late.
    Do we have any reliable source to confirm/ deny it?

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/formul...r-is-completed

yup....apparently it is completed.....how good is it???? no one knows, time will tell.....

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...tor_completed/

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yup....apparently it is completed.....how good is it???? no one knows, time will tell.....

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...tor_completed/

Ferrari says that in the coming weeks, the calibration work on their new simulator will be carried out and then, at some point in September, after the summer break required by the sporting regulations, the real work will begin, supporting the design phase of the 2022 car.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Supposed to be one-of-a-kind state of the art simulator. Hope it gives us an edge.

More H P is what will give Ferrari the edge! We already have two drivers who can handle the extra ponies come race time. They think 2021 is real as far as podiums !

Interesting fact that Ferrari announced the new simulator, just when the rumours where started being worrying.
    But effectively, they admitted that it will be late, not much but about 2 months.
    Initially they were telling about kid summer (for usage), now for September.
    Let's hope that it's good!

Interesting fact that Ferrari announced the new simulator, just when the rumours where started being worrying.
    But effectively, they admitted that it will be late, not much but about 2 months.
    Initially they were telling about kid summer (for usage), now for September.
    Let's hope that it's good!
    What rumors?

Last edited by JPMFerrari; 15th July 2021 at 20:58.

Quite interesting!. I think we have become real die hard fans that this stories will always be on our finger tips.
    Last edited by TyraNoah; 20th November 2021 at 12:58.

How Ferrari's new F1 simulator could be a game-changer

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...on=true&nrt=54

This is a pretty good article regarding our new simulator. Lets hope we can truly benefit from it and that it helps return us to the front of the grid in 2022!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Lets hope they don't install Mario Kart now haha.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

https://www.planetf1.com/news/2022-e...-line-in-sand/

It has been discussed before, however I still find it idiotic that ferrari agreed to this engine freeze. Unless they are so confident in what they are building behind the scenes; it could be disastrous. We could get lucky and dominate the next 4-5 years. Or, we could get it wrong again and watch Merc or Red Bull coast go another 5 titles with no competition. This feels like Groundhog Day…we have been here before and I don’t know why we risk a repeat? For the sake of Honda staying in F1? Because Toto has his greasy hands everywhere in the sport?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Binotto: "The 2022 power unit will bring us back to being competitive"

After having found the positive data of the new hybrid system, the Ferrari team principal talked about the 2022 engine which is destined to close the power gap from the Mercedes power unit: "it will be a very different engine from the current one. to a regulatory freeze in subsequent years, is to at least bring us back to being competitive. Then Binotto underlines the impact that the new 10% biofuels will have.

“At the design level, I believe that the hybrid part is very advanced and I feel no less than our competition. I don't think we're the best, but I think we made a leap today that will allow us to be competitive in the hybrid area as well."

“On the internal combustion engine - continues Binotto - we are continuing to work and it will be a very different engine from the current one. The objective, faced with a regulatory freeze in subsequent years, is to at least bring us back to being competitive."

“If today we still pay for a performance gap in terms of power units compared to the best, our goal is not to have it again next year. Then, of course, it will depend on how much the others grow, because in F1 everything is relative."

“We will have to deal with how much the adversaries will have been able to develop the power unit and how much the new petrol with 10% ethanol will affect performance."

FULL ARTICLE: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...itivi/6686188/

#AMuS Michael Schmidt: "We hear from Ferrari sources that the combustion engine is also making good progress, and they are very confident that they will be able to adapt well to the E10 fuel."
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Leclerc about next car : "faster in high speed corners, but quite slow in low speed corners"

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-dev...as-we-want-it/

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Leclerc about next car : "faster in high speed corners, but quite slow in low speed corners"

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-dev...as-we-want-it/
    That's in the simulator. Quite different than the real thing on a real track with real ambient temperature. That's my 2 cents.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I think it's just going to be a trait of the new bigger, heavier cars.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    That's in the simulator. Quite different than the real thing on a real track with real ambient temperature. That's my 2 cents.
    Probably be very similar.
    Forza Ferrari