Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 93445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 1973

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    And what about the new suspension that was part of the 2 half of the season updates????

Clown Binitto should talk about that, not about budget cap
    Somehow Ferrari seems to be the only one who is hampered by the budget cap. RBR and Merc seem to be developing right along as if no cap existed.

Who in their right mind would pay any mind to this cap if the goal was the WCC????????? You're multi million dollar companies. Hire an accounting firm and hide what the money is doing. What's the FIA gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Somehow Ferrari seems to be the only one who is hampered by the budget cap. RBR and Merc seem to be developing right along as if no cap existed.

Who in their right mind would pay any mind to this cap if the goal was the WCC????????? You're multi million dollar companies. Hire an accounting firm and hide what the money is doing. What's the FIA gonna do?

Can't argue with you there. We' to fast asleep and we're worrying over nothing! Just spend and talk later
    Drive it like you stole it!

And what about the new suspension that was part of the 2 half of the season updates????

Clown Binitto should talk about that, not about budget cap
    was this supposedly "upgraded rear suspension" i keep hearing about that was supposed to help reduce or maybe eliminate porpoising something taht somebody made up????

OR actually someone within Ferrari mentioned adn talked about this??? like Mattia or someone else

Ferrari need to remember that they are a racing team there to win races not clown about,
    Michael had the right idea he brought his people with him from his previous team.

Forza Jules

It's called being cheap.

Ferrari don't want to pay the big premiums they used to for their race team, and look for the cheapest people now. Elkaan would rather flush the $4-5 million Ferrari pay Binotto down the toilet, than the 3x and 5X rate that Horner and Toto make to run their teams.

Todt ran a tight and brutal ship. It was win and be 1-2, or it was unacceptable. Be perfect, or be replaced. That's why Todt hired Schumacher, Brawn, Byrne, Costa, Allison, and Dyer. And they weren't cheap either, but Todt got Luca to understand hiring and paying the premium for the best is how you win. Elkaan doesn't want to hear that, which is why he refused to have Todt as a consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    It's called being cheap.

Ferrari don't want to pay the big premiums they used to for their race team, and look for the cheapest people now. Elkaan would rather flush the $4-5 million Ferrari pay Binotto down the toilet, than the 3x and 5X rate that Horner and Toto make to run their teams.

Todt ran a tight and brutal ship. It was win and be 1-2, or it was unacceptable. Be perfect, or be replaced. That's why Todt hired Schumacher, Brawn, Byrne, Costa, Allison, and Dyer. And they weren't cheap either, but Todt got Luca to understand hiring and paying the premium for the best is how you win. Elkaan doesn't want to hear that, which is why he refused to have Todt as a consultant.

You must have some real insider info. How did you come up with this cheap bit?
    Maybe we didn't spend enough on our state of the art simulator? Or new wind tunnel?
    You're pretty funny. Can't wait to hear your next theory about what's wrong with the team.
    I imagine all the minimum wage chassis & engine designers can't wait to get their next raise, maybe their performance will get better too.

How much power does the new hybrid produce. Were the engines tuned down at SPA

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    You must have some real insider info. How did you come up with this cheap bit?
    Maybe we didn't spend enough on our state of the art simulator? Or new wind tunnel?
    You're pretty funny. Can't wait to hear your next theory about what's wrong with the team.
    I imagine all the minimum wage chassis & engine designers can't wait to get their next raise, maybe their performance will get better too.
    None of the **** I'm saying is hardly a secret. But do go on.

I have no problem with car development department, they should all stay. In fact, I'd hire more people for development to help with the workload. The F1-75 should've won twice the races it did in the first half the season.

And no, I'm not giving Binotto credit for the F1-75. The credit goes to Cardile, Sanchez, and of course, the great Rory Byrne. If I had it my way, Ferrari would pay whatever money was necessary to poach an extra designer that's under Newey and Allison, and get Costa on as consultant too, to help train the young talent.

The race operations? **** can all of them. Binotto, Mekies , Rueda, all of them. Start from scratch. They're objectively terrible, and are the butt of jokes after races now. If those clowns are good enough for you, then I guess you really enjoy losing a lot. Todt would've fired these clowns long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    How much power does the new hybrid produce. Were the engines tuned down at SPA
    Just in case you are new to F1... there is a lot more to a formula one car's performance than just the hybrid unit. For instance, tires have a large role in how a car performs. Sometimes track characteristics comes into it as well.
    When, at anytime, during this season did the Red Bull lack in top speed. Might have figured this would be a good track for them.

Right.
    Genius Ross would hire the designer that turned us down 3 times. The designer that we sacked and went to Mercedes and the other designer that bailed on us for Merc. Hell of a plan there.
    Bet those guys are speed dialing Elkan to get on the next plane to Modena.

Might not be that simple. It depends how much you allocate to development... if Ferrari used up more of their budget early in conceiving the car, there's no money for development.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Right.
    Genius Ross would hire the designer that turned us down 3 times. The designer that we sacked and went to Mercedes and the other designer that bailed on us for Merc. Hell of a plan there.
    Bet those guys are speed dialing Elkan to get on the next plane to Modena.
    Ferrari are not going to dominate with Binotto leading the team. The man is unable to learn from his mistakes, because he doesn't even concede that the mistakes are in fact mistakes. Binotto seriously believes it made sense to bring Leclerc in for the FL point, when he's a country mile behind Max in the standings. But then, Binotto didn't think it was a mistake to put Leclerc on hards at Hungary, Binotto didn't think it was a mistake to have a policy of no team orders at Silverstone. Binotto didn't think it was a mistake not to pit Leclerc for new tires at the final SC's in Miami and Silverstone. Binotto thinks not giving upgrade priority to Leclerc wasn't a mistake, either. On and on it goes.

It's clear that it's not just PR, either. Binotto really wouldn't do any of those things differently today. That shows what a bad leader he is. Good leaders, acknowledge the mistakes, apologize for them, and force those responsible to learn what went wrong and not make the same mistakes in the future.

Do you grasp that? It's not just that mistakes are happening, or even that they're rookie mistakes. It's that the same mistakes happen every weekend.

Unlike some of the Binotto apologists, I hold the Ferrari TP to a high standard.

#CorrieredelloSport reports that there was no problem with the new hybrid system in Spa for Ferrari/Charles. The new ERS introduced in Spa is said to be an evolution of the previous version and it does not bring more power but rather a weight loss.In Zandvoort we will know if the gap to Red Bull will remain as big as it was in Spa.
    In Maranello they are already convinced that this will not be the case."reports that Charles didn't need to use the new hybrid in Spa [I think they mean it like not using the full potential yet] , which should make the difference in Monza.

They also writes that the 2023 car is at an advanced stage of definition.

Ferrari are not going to dominate with Binotto leading the team. The man is unable to learn from his mistakes, because he doesn't even concede that the mistakes are in fact mistakes. Binotto seriously believes it made sense to bring Leclerc in for the FL point, when he's a country mile behind Max in the standings. But then, Binotto didn't think it was a mistake to put Leclerc on hards at Hungary, Binotto didn't think it was a mistake to have a policy of no team orders at Silverstone. Binotto didn't think it was a mistake not to pit Leclerc for new tires at the final SC's in Miami and Silverstone. Binotto thinks not giving upgrade priority to Leclerc wasn't a mistake, either. On and on it goes.
    Agreed.

In order to progress, you need to own mistakes and learn from them.
    It has been quite some time since I've witnessed someone that has not done that and Binotto is someone that simply will not acknowledge mistakes.
    Every time he's all about things done right. This is outright scary because if all things are done right, if nothing is wrong, then , what is next dear Binotto?
    How do we move forward and what do you do to make things better? I mean, everything is done in perfection and team is so far behind from RBR. So?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

After 14 races Leclerc has only 4 points more compared to 2019......let that sink in

After 14 races Leclerc has only 4 points more compared to 2019......let that sink in
    Leclerc is not the issue.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Leclerc is not the issue.
    of course he is not

The issue is the team, it always was and it will always be.......until someone changes everything

The F1-75 still porpoising at Spa2022 (14th race) on the Kemmel Straight next to the RedBull.

https://twitter.com/OMOTEURAF1/statu...78118536626176
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Binotto on the '675': "We are in September so our 2023 car is defined in terms of chassis, suspension, gearbox. We need to push on aerodynamics, the regulation is stable so developing on the weak points of this year is useful for both cars

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The F1-75 still porpoising at Spa2022 (14th race) on the Kemmel Straight next to the RedBull.

https://twitter.com/OMOTEURAF1/statu...78118536626176
    So none of the upgrades solved the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Nope.....and Monza is another speed track.

Just take into account how many points have been lost by DNFs through reliability, strategy mistakes and OK, one or two errors from Charles, then the points tally would be very different and he'd still be fighting Max. And he's now stuck fighting Perez, Carlos and Russell. That hurts.

Red bull have the superior car they have out developed all teams, they have interpreted the new rules in a far more superior way than all teams and as a result will have a runaway season with both championships.Add a fabulous team principle a superior pit wall a driver called Max verstappen who is in a league of his own and mistake free fabulous team environment, in harmony and you have a perfect f1 team that team is redbull one must admire the results and the organisation. The bar is set catch us if you can and that for all teams.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Red bull have the superior car they have out developed all teams, they have interpreted the new rules in a far more superior way than all teams and as a result will have a runaway season with both championships.Add a fabulous team principle a superior pit wall a driver called Max verstappen who is in a league of his own and mistake free fabulous team environment, in harmony and you have a perfect f1 team that team is redbull one must admire the results and the organisation. The bar is set catch us if you can and that for all teams.
    Ahhh... It was like that from 2000 till 2005 in Ferrari. Sweet memories

He lost 3 points at Spa2022 with that over 1kph speed pit lane incident. (yes, we know his speed sensor was malfunctioning due to a plastic tear-off from Verstappen on lap 1 that flew into Leclercs brake duct.)

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Just take into account how many points have been lost by DNFs through reliability, strategy mistakes and OK, one or two errors from Charles, then the points tally would be very different and he'd still be fighting Max. And he's now stuck fighting Perez, Carlos and Russell. That hurts.
    It's gotta be over 130 points by now after 14 races in.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    what upgrades??? did we bring any for this track?? apart from the skinny track specific rear wing??

and whatever happened to the "rear suspension" people were talking on this forum that was supposed to fix and remedy most if not all the issues we had with porpoising???? or was that something that somebody just made up and we tiffosi took it for granted???

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It's gotta be over 130 points by now after 14 races in.
    Consider this.

In a season where Leclerc lead in Bahrain, Jeddah, Australia, Miami, Spain, Monaco, Baku, Silverstone, Austria, France, and Hungary, he has only been on the podium 6 times, including only once (the win in Austria) since Miami.

That is an unmitigated disaster where heads should roll. Elkaan and Binotto should be sitting in a room right now, figuring out what must change; who must go, who needs to be hired. Instead, Binotto bullshits and says this is the best the greatest team historically in F1 can do, and that no more can be expected. The mistakes and disasters aren't even mistakes to Binotto. He shrugs them off, insisting everything is fine, and his lapdog apologists eat up his words, even as the rest of the F1 community and media laugh at the mockery Ferrari leadership are right now.

And I say this as someone that gave Binotto a chance. I've waited. He hasn't gotten better. He's gotten worse.

Binottos main job was to get Mick a seat with Ferrari . Namely Carlos seat. Mick needs more time . 2 Million + in damages @ Haas was just too much. Along comes Santander! Forget about it ! And Charles for sure is too good to let go for Mick. Binotto has proven for sure he has no business in the position he's in @ Ferrari. There's still WCC time! HELP !

I love the talk on budget cap and finger pointing about all the upgrades, here's my cents worth... Ferrari have NO clue on what upgrades to bring, so let's blame budget cap and hide OUR INCOMPETENCE behind that discussion.
    Ferrari porpoising since day 1 and still not resolved??? that is the criminality behind Ferrari incompentence.