Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193055 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post

F1 | Ferrari surprise: the E10 petrol has already recovered the lost 20 hp
    Of:
    Franco Nugnes
    Dec 30 2021, 13:43
    Good news filters out from Maranello: not only the Superfast engine is giving positive results, but also the research center to which Shell has entrusted the study of the E10 fuel for Ferrari has developed a petrol that has made it possible to find the power that everyone the manufacturers lost with the introduction of ethanol. The Scuderia homologates a power unit that seems capable of challenging Mercedes and Honda.
    F1 | Ferrari surprise: the E10 petrol has already recovered the lost 20 hp
    The news might seem like a surprise at the end of the year, but in F1 the twists on a technical level do not exist, because the performance improvements are only the result of hard work. At the power unit level, the Manufacturers decided that the big change for 2022 would be the introduction of E10 fuel on ground-effect single-seaters, i.e. a blend with 90% fossil fuels and 10% ethanol.

The introduction of ethanol forced the engineers to redesign the combustion chambers of the 6 cylinders and the loss of power estimated by Mattia Binotto in about twenty horsepower is the research field in which all the manufacturers (Mercedes, Ferrari, Honda and Renault) are working to close a gap which, of course, has affected everyone in much the same way.

From the little news filtering from Ferrari, it would appear that the 2022 engine, ready to be homologated and frozen until 2025 inclusive, would have brilliantly exceeded the power values ​​of the 065/6 that concluded the championship, both for the design qualities of the Superfast unit designed by engineer Wolf Zimmermann, under the technical direction of Enrico Gualtieri, and for the chemical qualities of the latest fuel developed by Shell.

The Dutch oil giant since last February, when the multi-year agreement that binds it to the Cavallino was renewed, was elevated to an "innovation partner", a role that is no longer just that of sponsor and supplier of petrol and lubricants, but the Shell has assumed a fundamental role in the analysis and study of ecological fuels for present and future F1.

The first example of this close collaboration is the rapid response with which the research center entrusted with the study of the E10 fuel for Ferrari was able to overcome the 20 horsepower handicap estimated by Binotto for the Superfast engine.

In short, not only has there been work on the new engine in an attempt to bridge the power gap from Mercedes and Honda, but the challenge has expanded to every field that can contribute to performance. And the ability of the F1 world is such that it can overcome any difficulty or problem with research and innovation.

Finally, there is an air of confidence at the test benches of the Gestione Sportiva engines: the results obtained are even higher than those defined in the project. The unquestionable leap in quality, however, will have to be measured with the work that the opponents have done, so the first answers on the effective competitiveness of the red must be expected from the winter tests ...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    These are very good news, but I am NoT gonna fall for it again as I used to in the past and then come testing and first race to be really disappointed....I take these news now with a big grains of salt for now and will only wait for Q3 in Bahrain to see where we stack up against the competition
    OF COURSE this is the way. Don't think that me that post this I m fully convinced!!!! It's always good to hear good things, BUT we've heard it 8n the past too and thay didn't deliver!!!!
    SO we must be just praised that there are good news coming out and not bad , but only this!!!
    This supposedly 20hp increase from the E10 Shell fuel is.....a rumor.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This supposedly 20hp increase from the E10 Shell fuel is.....a rumor.
    Unless in comes out of teams mouth , there are ALL rumors. And very little come out of teams moutg so everything we here are rumours.
    This is from it.motosport
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I'll wait for the Q3 next year!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I'll wait for the Q3 next year!
    Same here, we've been down this road before and been disappointed too often! In the drivers, I trust, but the car and engine we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Same here, we've been down this road before and been disappointed too often! In the drivers, I trust, but the car and engine we'll have to wait and see.
    Exactly!!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    +1

This is just a suggestion but the new car should be called:

SF75............75 years in F1.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This is just a suggestion but the new car should be called:

SF75............75 years in F1.
    i much better prefer F2022
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i much better prefer F2022
    YEPP !!!!! And it doesnt go well when we use "symbolic" names !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

YEPP !!!!! And it doesnt go well when we use "symbolic" names !!!!
    Yup, F150th, F138 come to mind....didn’t do too well in those years
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I wonder if Ferrari is implementing a "Beast mode" similar to Mercedes as a reserve which was visible during Brazilian GP and the following races to help us in tricky situations. The true extent of Mercedes engine was clearly visible and obvious that none of the manufacturers had that much power. They were running their engines at 80% capacity and use 100% when things really got serious. It would be a handy tool when starting at the back of the grid or when either of our boys fall back due to some reasons.

My fellow tifosi, happy new year!!! Al the best!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    My fellow tifosi, happy new year!!! Al the best!!!
    Same to you and all tifosi, stefa, it would be nice to think that 2022 will be different on so many levels! Forza Ferrari.

Ferrari's 2022 car should put our drivers in the race for #1. Hopefully we can add in Great pit stops; tire wear control , and luck . We have the drivers who will make the best of what they get from the team. From race 1 ; points will be extremely important esp. WCC wise. It's going to be so great for Ferrari fans to not be told from race 1 we need to wait for the next year! Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year, fellas!!

More news about the Scuderia....for those interested, take it for what it's worth. Myself, I'm a firm believer in "i'll believe it when I see it."

AMuS

Ferrari‘s hybrid upgrade in 2021 is said to have given them 0.15s per lap. Especially in the race, where the PU provided more electric power over a longer period of time. At the end of the season, no other PU went into charging mode as late as the Ferrari.

Ferrari recorded a high level of material wear in the past season due to crashes from both drivers. Mekies says this was not a sign of the SF21 being difficult to drive at the limit.

"We encouraged our drivers to push the limits. Because the competition between them helps us."

Mekies: "There was relatively little development on the car this year. So we could cope with the crashes "better" in terms of the budget. That will be different in 2022. We need all the money for the development of the car."

Laurent Mekies expects visible differences in the 2022 cars in the first draft despite significantly less freedom for the engineers.

Mekies: "After 6 weeks, the differences will already be fewer and by 2023 the cars will be pretty much be the same.

Laurent Mekies on the 2022 car: "We have no idea where we stand compared to the others. There is no reference. At the beginning, the loss of lap time was huge. We made up a lot of it, but nobody knows if it's enough."

Mekies: "You put the car on track in Barcelona and hope that it does what the simulations and the wind tunnel promise."

Laurent Mekies: "The 2022 cars will certainly be more difficult to drive. A lot will depend on the drivers, how they adjust to it. We are well equipped with Charles and Carlos. They both have different ways of reaching the target. Each is fast in his own way."

Laurent Mekies: "There is less money available for the "during the season development" because the overall budget has also shrunk.
    We will see more upgrades than in the 2021 season, but also less than in 2018 or 2019."

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...e-saison-2022/

Isn't it quite surprising that most of the leaks, rumours are always about Ferrari, nothing about Mercedes or Honda or Alpine.
    Yup, we have all been through this cr@p. Raise the expectations, come Q3, we all fall flat on our faces.

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    Isn't it quite surprising that most of the leaks, rumours are always about Ferrari, nothing about Mercedes or Honda or Alpine.
    Yup, we have all been through this cr@p. Raise the expectations, come Q3, we all fall flat on our faces.
    As usual, the media need something to write about and rumours and leaks make headlines, even Wolff was quoted as saying he was worried about a resurgent Ferrari in '22, they all make these noises so that they can enjoy it when Ferrari fail. We can only hope that doesn't happen, suppose we should have faith, though!

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    Ι thought this thing many times myself. But again i think that we where on forums for the other teams , we could see rumours for them as well !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ι thought this thing many times myself. But again i think that we where on forums for the other teams , we could see rumours for them as well !!!!
    There is "news" about the other teams but some tifosi here might construe it as a "Mercedes fan" or "Redbull fan" and so on and so forth or fear of turning a Ferrari forum into whatever team gets posted about news......so I don't post it here even though I get to post the news in another "Ferrari" forum. To me, it keeps people in tune......to not just Ferrari....but that's me.

I'm in 2 Ferrari forums and a couple of folks here on this forum call me a "RedBull" fan......please. I'm glad Max won and not Lewis even though I wish it was either Leclerc or Sainz....but I'm a realist and have to come to terns of what it is.

Very well said JG ! But.. feel safe knowing you will never reach the status of "The King of Trolling!'.

. GiulyDuchessa reports interesting things regarding Ferrari (a thread):
    • Ferrari feels the new PU is a big step forward
    • New ICE has a completely different use of the combustion mixture (talks of an innovative oil management) + use of new composite materials inside the PU
    • Current status is that the engine fire-up is being defined: Binotto is personally defining the final aspects.
    • According to reports, the most likely date for the new car presentation is 16.02. but we might not see (all of) the "original" parts of the new car.
    • Ferrari, with the support of a new exclusive supplier, has developed ultra-lightweight parts (PU). A very interesting objective is the significant weight reduction of the power unit.
    • The E10 fuel is considered to cost 80hp in the adapted 2021 PU version.
    (A source close to Honda said that it is "rather enviable if Ferrari had managed to contain the deficit to just 20hp, as Binotto hinted in previous interviews")
    https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-674-...super-leggera/
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

What do they mean contain the deficit to 20hp? They make it sound like thats good thing but it's still a huge difference with a freeze on engine development?

Hopefully something lost in translation there.

Also if it's 20hp to Honda then what is it to Mercedes because as we saw to the back end of last season when they had a new PU they annilhated everyone including Honda and I refuse to believe the wing did that. Christian Horner said they get a huge boost out of slow corners going as far back as Zandvoort and it didn't seem too dissimilar to the boost we got half way down a straight a few years back.
    Last edited by patrese86; 3rd January 2022 at 20:26.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    What do they mean contain the deficit to 20hp? They make it sound like thats good thing but it's still a huge difference with a freeze on engine development?

Also if it's 20hp to Honda then what is it to Mercedes because as we saw to the back end of last season when they had a new PU they annilhated everyone including Honda and I refuse to believe the wing did that. Christian Horner said they get a huge boost out of slow corners going as far back as Zandvoort and it didn't seem too dissimilar to the boost we got half way down a straight a few years back.
    The deficit from the new fuels. They say(Honda according to their source)that they could lose up to 80hp from the new fuel so Ferrari to taking about 20hp (and not even that) thay say it's enviable!!!
    AGAIN all this are just rumors!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post

It means Honda will lose 80 hp and Ferrari only 20.
    Last edited by Jax; 5th January 2022 at 15:26.

If Ferrari loses only up to 20 HP and Renault, Merc and Honday up to 80, we might be up to a very interesting 2022.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

And some reports say that Ferrari was only expecting a 20HP loss and have recovered that and are expecting to exceed the output of the 2021 engine. We'll see how it all shakes out in March.

Yup, I am believing Honda is losing 80 hp. Everyone said the same about the Honda engine after their partnership with McLaren and look what they did to F1 in 2021. Hamilton crying races were manipulated, Toto screaming No Mickey, No!!!

Previously posted on november :

On next year fuel.
    Will we have better fuel than others?
    https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...am-2021-11-14/

Was the Ferrari / Fia engine agreement only been secret for reputation reasons?
    We have often seen Mercedes drive an entire year with an innovation before its ban.
    The way Ferrari ran its engine was deemed illegal and possibly banned because it gave a huge advantage in 2019, without prior submission to Fia.
    I do not believe that Binotto is stupid and if he accepted such a sanction, it may be that he only inherited the stuation, but also that he received the commitment that this thing could be legal, in one form or another, by 2022.
    It could also be the hidden reason why competitors demanded to know about the deal.
    I fear that the Fia was not completely sealed and that in addition to the time that had elapsed, the others could have worked on this subject (there was a meeting with people from Mercedes, on the subject of SF engine without SF be invited)
    But it could be that Ferrari still hopes to recover an advantage
    Last edited by Gilles; 8th January 2022 at 08:17.