Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 123748495051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 1968

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

  1. #1831
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,163
    2021 results for sure has something to do with Charles not #1 over Carlos. Let them race 1 on 1 and give each driver the car best suited for them. WCC points are still a dream come true win for Ferrari!!

  2. #1832
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    2021 results for sure has something to do with Charles not #1 over Carlos. Let them race 1 on 1 and give each driver the car best suited for them. WCC points are still a dream come true win for Ferrari!!
    According to Elkann, Leclerc is the driver considered to be in ‘pole position’ to bring the WDC back to Ferrari.

  3. #1833
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,163
    Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    According to Elkann, Leclerc is the driver considered to be in ‘pole position’ to bring the WDC back to Ferrari.
    Why?

  4. #1834
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    2021 results for sure has something to do with Charles not #1 over Carlos. Let them race 1 on 1 and give each driver the car best suited for them. WCC points are still a dream come true win for Ferrari!!


    Without the freak incident at Monaco in 21', Leclerc would've either won the race or finished on the podium, and he would've done good in Hungary as well. Without those two incidents, Leclerc would've finished well ahead of Sainz and Norris in the points.

    This year, there's no doubt Leclerc has been head and shoulders above Sainz. The latter has had his moments, but in terms of raw pace, Leclerc is the only one in Max's universe.

    In order to compete for a championship, a team must build the car around the best driver in their line up. The base design and developments have to be tailored to the number 1 driver, as that driver can extract a few more tenths out of the design. No matter how good of a car you give Sainz, he'll always be 3+ tenths off Max's pace, whereas Leclerc can keep up with Max with the car to his liking. Tell David Sanchez to build around Leclerc and you'll see what I mean.

    Byrne built around Schumacher, Newey built around Mansell, Prost, Hakkinen, Vettel, and now Max. Costa and Allison built around Hamilton. When you try to build around two drivers like Newey did for JPM and Ralf, it just doesn't work.

  5. #1835
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,310
    What is a design feature on the Red Bull that is there just for Max out of interest?
    Forza Ferrari

  6. #1836
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,163
    Leclerc can keep up with Max? When? Where? I just feel Charles and Carlos are equal and both deserve equal treatment. Neither of them should have to start a race knowing he has to move over .

  7. #1837
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,691
    I wanted to say that the previous couple pages of this thread has been good conversation, with I think more agreement than usual.

    The consensus is that Ferrari has political weight that it is for some reason refusing to throw around.

    We can have a good conversation here, there's just some riff raff that show up on race weekends.

  8. #1838
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    10,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    What is a design feature on the Red Bull that is there just for Max out of interest?
    The car is more front end "loaded."

    I believe Schumacher and Senna like their cars with more "front end loading."

    Checo doesn't like it.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  9. #1839
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,310
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The car is more front end "loaded."

    I believe Schumacher and Senna like their cars with more "front end loading."

    Checo doesn't like it.
    Any quotes?
    Forza Ferrari

  10. #1840
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Any quotes?
    From Horner? No.

    But there have been multiple reports in motorsports media that Red Bull developed their car to be more front loaded for corner entry, which is something that Max prefers.

    There are upgrades that Max gets on his car, which Perez has to wait several races more for.

  11. #1841
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,310
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    From Horner? No.

    But there have been multiple reports in motorsports media that Red Bull developed their car to be more front loaded for corner entry, which is something that Max prefers.

    There are upgrades that Max gets on his car, which Perez has to wait several races more for.
    Any links?
    Forza Ferrari

  12. #1842
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Any links?
    Cheers.

    https://the-race.com/formula-1/red-b...t-performance/

    Perez’s problem is that he is less confident with the more ‘pointy’ car characteristics that suit Verstappen. Crucially, those car characteristics allow Verstappen to access increased pace that eludes Perez, whereas when the car tended more towards understeer early on the gap between the pair was far smaller.

  13. #1843
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    454
    I'm too lazy right now to look, but later I'll see if I can find the reporting on Perez having to wait for several races to get upgrades that Max gets first.

  14. #1844
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,310
    Nice so it tells how the car was designed to be as quick as possible not suiting any style, and upgrades to make it faster suited Max. Not really the same as designing the car for Max.

    Max is simply much better than Perez.
    Forza Ferrari

  15. #1845
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    10,294
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  16. #1846
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Nice so it tells how the car was designed to be as quick as possible not suiting any style, and upgrades to make it faster suited Max. Not really the same as designing the car for Max.

    Max is simply much better than Perez.
    How do you explain Chico's drop in performance since Canada?

    backing 1 driver, and with a budget cap, bringing updates to 1 car makes soooo much sense, because finising 1-4 nets more points than 2-3. AND you get the drivers title too. We're soon to see the return of the days of a "number 2 car".

  17. #1847
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Why?
    Because Sainz is slower to Charles and it would be idiotic to have them on an equal status.
    Which btw is what everyone is telling you.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  18. #1848
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    9,240
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Because Sainz is slower to Charles and it would be idiotic to have them on an equal status.
    Which btw is what everyone is telling you.
    It’s pointless talking to Brembo, he’s still traumatized since the Schumi and Twobans era when Rubens was a clear #2 as it should have been as he was NOT at the same level as Schumi....

  19. #1849
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    8,265
    Drivers have preference, some like understeer and some like oversteer. Yes, teams design cars to be faster. But if you think pouring downforce means faster, then you don't know anything about F1. Maximum downforce is not the way to go, it's the curve under the peak point that matters.

    And how can a car perform better if the main driving force, the driver, isn't comfortable with it. Ricciardo, who scored more points than Verstappen when they were teammates having hard time matching Norris. Either Ricciardo all of a sudden forgot how to drive faster or he simply isn't comfortable with the car balance and handling. And my money is on the latter.

    Perez is nowhere near Max. So Red Bull did what any competitive team should've done, made a car tailor made for the faster driver. Max is the driver that will win titles, not Perez. Same reason why Ferrari never bothered about Barrichello. Michael is on another lever.

    Charles is the WDC driver, not Sainz. He's slower and he doesn't have the killer instinct on track. That's why Ferrari waiting for Sainz to be comfortable is not only laughable but also unfair to Charles.

    That's what Jean Todt implied in this interview. If you read the actual Italian interview, he's flat-out implying that Charles is missing a capable team. And he's 100% correct. And it's Jean Todt, not some random voice on the internet, so is opinions are far more pertinent when team building is the subject.

  20. #1850
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,310
    Todt also claimed they had no no1 at Ferrari when Michael was there...LOL
    Forza Ferrari

  21. #1851
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,163
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Because Sainz is slower to Charles and it would be idiotic to have them on an equal status.
    Which btw is what everyone is telling you.
    Back @ Ferrari Charles and Seb on equal status! Seb got wrecked ! A 4x WDC! Schumy @Merc 3 yrs ! Zero wins ! No Todt no Ross no Rubens! Put Charles and Carlos on equal status and let them WCC points come in! Charles IS great but.... give Carlos the same chance as Charles got vs. Seb. The next race can't come sooon enough!

  22. #1852
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Back @ Ferrari Charles and Seb on equal status! Seb got wrecked ! A 4x WDC! Schumy @Merc 3 yrs ! Zero wins ! No Todt no Ross no Rubens! Put Charles and Carlos on equal status and let them WCC points come in! Charles IS great but.... give Carlos the same chance as Charles got vs. Seb. The next race can't come sooon enough!
    Elkaan has answered.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  23. #1853
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,163
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Elkaan has answered.
    Elkann's results: Italy: Carlos 18th, finishes 4th. Charles pole ; loses to Max who started 7th. Elkann has answerd!

  24. #1854
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Todt also claimed they had no no1 at Ferrari when Michael was there...LOL
    Like they needed it? Michael blew everyone away, no one could match him in a season's long battle. Rubens/Eddie might have won the odd race but there's no way they could take him on over the season. So no need to set teamorders?

  25. #1855
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,163
    If at the time Ferrari if gave the top car;a T car; Todt; Ross and anything else they had going to Rubens and told Michael to move over for Rubens all would have been the same for Rubens as it was for Michael. Just F Forward to Michael at his home team Merc driving 3 seasons without even one win!

  26. #1856
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    If at the time Ferrari if gave the top car;a T car; Todt; Ross and anything else they had going to Rubens and told Michael to move over for Rubens all would have been the same for Rubens as it was for Michael. Just F Forward to Michael at his home team Merc driving 3 seasons without even one win!
    What happened at Brawn then?

    No one is gifted no 1 status. That happens when a driver proves himself, like you stated... Leclerc on Vettel. When Carlos becomes faster than Charles, then he would be the presumed No.1.

    Time to let Rubens go Brembo.

  27. #1857
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    14,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Like they needed it? Michael blew everyone away, no one could match him in a season's long battle. Rubens/Eddie might have won the odd race but there's no way they could take him on over the season. So no need to set teamorders?
    Exactly. Michael was ONE of a kind!!! He was, is and will be No 1!!!

  28. #1858
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    What happened at Brawn then?

    No one is gifted no 1 status. That happens when a driver proves himself, like you stated... Leclerc on Vettel. When Carlos becomes faster than Charles, then he would be the presumed No.1.

    Time to let Rubens go Brembo.
    OK. 2021 final results had Carlos stats ahead of Charles going into 2022. Was he; is he presumed #1 over Charles? Why not? Or at least as I see them even as far as who's the better. Don't send either driver out knowing they have to move over.

  29. #1859
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    OK. ...................................... <muted>...............
    If you feel so strongly about Carlos being equal (if not faster) than Charles, why don't you take it with Elkaan?
    Like it or not, Ferrari upper management has decided that Charles is the future.

    Enjoy it. Embrace it.
    Like everyone else does :D

    Finally they start to make the right decisions !
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  30. #1860
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    If you feel so strongly about Carlos being equal (if not faster) than Charles, why don't you take it with Elkaan?
    Like it or not, Ferrari upper management has decided that Charles is the future.

    Enjoy it. Embrace it.
    Like everyone else does :D

    Finally they start to make the right decisions !
    “I would like to congratulate both of them. They are are drivers who are directly involved in the progress of the car and know how to work as a team. As a driving style, they have great potential and a positive aggressiveness that characterizes them. Sometimes they even push beyond the limit, but both of them have made great improvements. I like their courage, which is a decisive factor to be successful in life as in sport. I think they are two great drivers and this motivates them even more to improve. I am confident that we will win not only the Constructors World Championship, but also the Drivers Championship and that Charles Leclerc is in pole position to do this” - John Elkann

    https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-f1-...pole-position/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •