Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else tired of Lewis Hamilton's whining about his car?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    98 wins 7 WDCs so far. He managed to do all that without even a fight as said above. He moved over for Bottas last race. Lewis now made himself the #2 driver. Anything for his ream.
    Made himself #2? Come on man. Bottas played Lewis protector for most of the race until Lewis was so slow with his mystery damage that it forced Mercedes to allow Bottas to pass Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Made himself #2? Come on man. Bottas played Lewis protector for most of the race until Lewis was so slow with his mystery damage that it forced Mercedes to allow Bottas to pass Hamilton.
    O K! Name the races that Rubens was allowed to pass his team mate @ Ferrari regardless of win or lose. I agree with your suggesting 'Mystery Damage!" for sure. Max and Bottas finishing better than Sir Lewis these last races literally saved F-1 as far as fan support attendance and viewing; and future sponsorship in general. Lewis has millions$$$ and two more years to reach 8 WDCs and pass 100 wins. Peace at F-1 .

O K! Name the races that Rubens was allowed to pass his team mate @ Ferrari regardless of win or lose. I agree with your suggesting 'Mystery Damage!" for sure. Max and Bottas finishing better than Sir Lewis these last races literally saved F-1 as far as fan support attendance and viewing; and future sponsorship in general. Lewis has millions$$$ and two more years to reach 8 WDCs and pass 100 wins. Peace at F-1 .
    Was Rubens ever in a position to threaten a pass on Schumacher? I do recall a standing order that they can race until the last pitstop, and from there it was hold position regardless of who was in front. This was after 2002. Speaking of 2002, Schumacher did allow Rubens to take the victory in USA as pay back for Austria.

Schumacher played the team game at the end of 1999. Ross Brawn talked about how they were still trying to get Irvine the title. In the final race, their only chance was if Schumacher won the race because Irvine wasn't fast enough to do it.

The point was in Austria, Mercedes did what they had to do, letting Bottas go by since Lewis was too slow. It wasn't like Lewis decided to be the #2 driver and Bottas is now the superstar on the team. It was completely situational, just as any team would do. It honestly had nothing to do with Lewis' character at all. Look what Ferrari did with Leclerc and Sainz, and it paid off.

The Leclerc; Saints move was a true sign of Ferrari's doing what's right for the team. I believe Merc the team; not Lewis is in on some mystery moves to get F-1 back to being the great sport that it is. Lewis is following orders. Like I said he now has two more years for 8, 100 to happen. Rubens got paid real good to let Todt drive his car with his radio; and he wanted to be with Ferrari. I'm more mad than he was! If Merc lets Bottas go after all the great team results he was a big part of; I truly believe it will be a Mystery move to get F-1 back, 45 starts with Williams F-1 and zero points . It may well be part of the Mystery moves. Surely less WCC points for Merc competition to worry about. I need a race every week !

Part of me thinks Mercedes is sandbagging for the goodness of the sport as well. McLaren and Williams show the Mercedes PU is still very strong, yet in the Mercedes factory car it has appeared like a dog after Spain.

Sandbagging for the sport as you so well put it is the answer.

Ditto, I smell that dog bone too!

Imagine ! A thread dedicated to Lewis Hamilton here on our Ferrari Forum! I remember being asked to go find a Hamilton forum just for mentioning his name. It was " Trolling! Mentioning Max when he was coming along was also me trolling. Oh ! and me old time favorite driver Rubens was hated to the core here even though he was Ferrari. F-1 is great . The races are great.
    Only this was not what you were doing, was it?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

98 wins 7 WDCs so far. He managed to do all that without even a fight as said above. He moved over for Bottas last race. Lewis now made himself the #2 driver. Anything for his ream.
    All hail Merc+Fia+Pirelli.
    Even Maldonando would get these stats.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Only this was not what you were doing, was it?
    I just never thought a Sir Lewis thread would be accepted here @ a Ferrari forum.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    All hail Merc+Fia+Pirelli. these stats.
    It's hard not to.

It's hard not to.
    those "stats" should come with an asterixis like when Baseball players were pinning a butt ton of Test.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    those "stats" should come with an asterixis like when Baseball players were pinning a butt ton of Test.
    Exactly.
    When there is no competition because the car advantage is ridiculous and for too many years, the stats are meaningless.
    Yes Ferrari , or McLaren for that Matter had a dominant car at times. But was it for 7 years?
    No. So there is no counter argument for the Mercedes era.

As I said time and time again, sure , LH is great as a driver, but too dependent on his car and spoiled rotten; right now it shows blatantly as a new generation that has learned to drive their cars over 100% of their capability to keep up with Mercedes, finally caught up.

Finally caught up is a bit of an exaggeration . Just @ 98 & 7; Max and anyone else has a way to go just to catch up. Does Max need to depend on his car to win or just finish a race? Or can he get by without his car being up to par with Merc. When Ferrari hopefully gets their car back to great; will that make their future success meaningless? Will Charles be praised or be considered spoiled and too dependent on his car being great. I wish it on him and Ferrari .

@Brembo you don't have to worry about Lewis' 98 wins, which will keep growing, or his 7 titles which likely will be 8 if not more. Now that the FIA have a British driver holding all the records, they won't let that get beaten.

So Hamilton's post qual interview:

"I did everything right, my team clearly told me the wrong settings" - talking about his start
    "I was pushing and just couldn't catch Max, their car is too fast" - Yet the 1-3 Qual, and 2-3 Sprint Result, plus their very good top speed all point to Mercedes having the best car.

So Hamilton's post qual interview:

"I did everything right, my team clearly told me the wrong settings" - talking about his start
    Then why did he sign a new contract with his team when he is being misled by the team. Did the team also screw up with his brake bias in Baku when an invisible Bono came and turned the switch on!

"I was pushing and just couldn't catch Max, their car is too fast" - Yet the 1-3 Qual, and 2-3 Sprint Result, plus their very good top speed all point to Mercedes having the best car.
    Agreed... He's just creating some useless conspiracy theory when things don't go his way. I mean what do you expect the drivers to do? Wait for the others to catch up?

I don't care what shape the vegan rearhole is in. Give me a ring and I'll take the assaulter on.

Summer break is too long!!!

im sick of him full stop!
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

I get irritated by the constant radio messages about how the tyres are shot/ no grip/ can't follow/ can't go any faster.

Feeble mind games because he's a top driver (much as I dislike him) and has had the fastest car bar none since the toy (hybrid) engine era started.
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    I get irritated by the constant radio messages about how the tyres are shot/ no grip/ can't follow/ can't go any faster.

Feeble mind games because he's a top driver (much as I dislike him) and has had the fastest car bar none since the toy (hybrid) engine era started.
    ^This.

His constant whining/moaning/lies on the radio really boils my ***
    I cannot even explain how much I hate the fact that he's going to get an 8th title because RBR will get engine penalties caused by both Mercs. His immature/attention seeking fans are unbearable at the best of times, but it's going to be 100x worse when he gets #8
    Last edited by Redfive; 4th August 2021 at 10:35. Reason: typo

It seems we Brits are in agreement on HAM, enough is enough and I am sick of Crofty & Co having an orgasm every time LH makes up a place despite moaning about some aspect of his car not working. He has had the best car bar none for so many seasons and his luck never deserts him either, he may be a great driver but so are many of his competitors who don't get the results or the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    ^This.

His constant whining/moaning/lies on the radio really boils my ***
    I cannot even explain how much I hate the fact that he's going to get an 8th title because RBR will get engine penalties caused by both Mercs. His immature/attention seeking fans are unbearable at the best of times, but it's going to be 100x worse when he gets #8
    I don't believe #8 is for sure. Plenty of races and competition starting with the next race coming up. I hate waiting for the races to start again.

I don't believe #8 is for sure. Plenty of races and competition starting with the next race coming up. I hate waiting for the races to start again.
    The Summer break wouldn't be so bad if it came after back to back race weekends. 1 race in 5 weeks is a drought

Well, I'll leave you this to think about. Both RedBull cars are on their 3rd ICE unit......at no fault of either drivers. Leclerc also is on his 3 ICE unit....but he's out of the points.

It looks like all 3 will face grid spot penalties in the later part of the season. It looks like 8 WDC's is very possible and probable.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Well, I'll leave you this to think about. Both RedBull cars are on their 3rd ICE unit......at no fault of either drivers. Leclerc also is on his 3 ICE unit....but he's out of the points.

It looks like all 3 will face grid spot penalties in the later part of the season. It looks like 8 WDC's is very possible and probable.
    Judging on previous given penalties, I don't see why Red Bull cannot use SP to accidentally crash LH at some races?!

The way I see it, Mercedes employed interesting tactics.
    Time their opponents to employ some of their own. To the dismay of Lewis and of course Toto Wolff.
    I mean, drivers lose their braking point all the time, small mistakes with huge impacts and all that jazz, right?

At the very end of things, it will make for some #drama

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Judging on previous given penalties, I don't see why Red Bull cannot use SP to accidentally crash LH at some races?!
    Let's hope it doesn't come to that. F1 is in a terrible state but we don't need a return to vicious or sanctimonious Senna era tactics from either MB or RB!

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Let's hope it doesn't come to that. F1 is in a terrible state but we don't need a return to vicious or sanctimonious Senna era tactics from either MB or RB!
    Well said! The term " Hard Racing" is not a good excuse at all.