Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 88

Thread: Is anyone else tired of Lewis Hamilton's whining about his car?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,653

    Is anyone else tired of Lewis Hamilton's whining about his car?

    Seriously every interview he has he talks about how the team is slacking, the car is too slow, the team need to bring upgrades, the Mercedes engine is not good enough. He even went on to say that he has no chance of winning because the Red Bull is too fast.

    It makes me want to puke.

    Firstly, the Mercedes is still an incredibly fast car. One could make the argument that they are still better on most tracks.
    Secondly, the Mercedes PU is still the best... 100%. Look at the straightline speed of McLaren and Williams.

    Verstappen is making up most of the gap ahead of Mercedes, as compare Perez vs Bottas.

    Lastly, even if he has a car that is 1 or 2 tenths down, where is his fighting spirit? He pretty much admits he can't win unless he has a dominant car. Look at the hungry talent in F1, Max kept fighting despite having a car 1 second slower, Lando is fighting, Leclerc, Gasly, Sainz. Hell, look at George Russell doing everything he can in such a garbage car like the Williams. Yet Lewis can only come up with excuses and keeps painting the BS underdog picture, even when he has maximum support by his team and a teammate that isn't even allowed to race him.

    The more this season progresses, the more I think Lewis Hamilton is one of the most overhyped and overrated drivers.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,170
    You're preaching to the choir (except for Brembo's goat farm)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Seriously every interview he has he talks about how the team is slacking, the car is too slow, the team need to bring upgrades, the Mercedes engine is not good enough. He even went on to say that he has no chance of winning because the Red Bull is too fast.

    It makes me want to puke.

    Firstly, the Mercedes is still an incredibly fast car. One could make the argument that they are still better on most tracks.
    Secondly, the Mercedes PU is still the best... 100%. Look at the straightline speed of McLaren and Williams.

    Verstappen is making up most of the gap ahead of Mercedes, as compare Perez vs Bottas.

    Lastly, even if he has a car that is 1 or 2 tenths down, where is his fighting spirit? He pretty much admits he can't win unless he has a dominant car. Look at the hungry talent in F1, Max kept fighting despite having a car 1 second slower, Lando is fighting, Leclerc, Gasly, Sainz. Hell, look at George Russell doing everything he can in such a garbage car like the Williams. Yet Lewis can only come up with excuses and keeps painting the BS underdog picture, even when he has maximum support by his team and a teammate that isn't even allowed to race him.

    The more this season progresses, the more I think Lewis Hamilton is one of the most overhyped and overrated drivers.
    Times caught up with her, been like this for a few years but masked by a dominant car. The drivers you mentioned are all faster than that pineapple now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    174
    Was tired of it years ago. If he's not leading he's whining like a child.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,653
    Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Times caught up with her, been like this for a few years but masked by a dominant car. The drivers you mentioned are all faster than that pineapple now.
    I agree. I'll never say Lewis Hamilton was not or is not a good driver. But he will never be in the conversation as the GOAT, IMO. His best years were the early years with McLaren.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,578
    Is it premature to add that Verstappen seems to be in echo mode and following Hams lead?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Is it premature to add that Verstappen seems to be in echo mode and following Hams lead?
    Explain?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,578
    It may just be me but Verstappen doesn't seem to be a very gracious winner either?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    It may just be me but Verstappen doesn't seem to be a very gracious winner either?
    I get the impression he is a perfectionist. He certainly doesn't play the political game. I have seen him happier about 2nd or 3rd place finishes than some of his wins when himself and the team got the best possible result. I love that about him.

    When he started F1, I wasn't a fan because of how reckless and aggressive he was. This is probably how a lot of people felt about Schumacher, and we know how great he was.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,626
    Imagine ! A thread dedicated to Lewis Hamilton here on our Ferrari Forum! I remember being asked to go find a Hamilton forum just for mentioning his name. It was " Trolling! Mentioning Max when he was coming along was also me trolling. Oh ! and me old time favorite driver Rubens was hated to the core here even though he was Ferrari. F-1 is great . The races are great.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Imagine ! A thread dedicated to Lewis Hamilton here on our Ferrari Forum! I remember being asked to go find a Hamilton forum just for mentioning his name. It was " Trolling! Mentioning Max when he was coming along was also me trolling. Oh ! and me old time favorite driver Rubens was hated to the core here even though he was Ferrari. F-1 is great . The races are great.
    If you like Hamilton, it doesn't bother me. If you have a different perspective, I am open to hearing it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    104
    This is nothing new... Hamilton has always been a whiner when things don't go his way. He actually gets quite nasty about it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    356
    Yep. It's all he does. I suppose when you've been so successful as he has been with Mercedes it's hard for him to understand that his team mates have been **** and alot was down to the car. Now you have somebody like Verstappen on relatively equal footing he doesn't know how to handle it. He think's it's nothing to do with the opposition driver but solely the car, upgrades, improved engine power despite the homologation. Basically it's nothing to do with him in a nutshell.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,626
    Most every fan on our forum here feels the same as Lewis , it's his car that won all the Merc races ; not the driver. He's complaining about what he thinks is wrong with the car after the race. Who else but him would know exactly how the car performed during the race? He could just as well keep quiet and make sure his pay is on the way. Next think you know Sir Lewis might demand a veto power; #1 let him always pass written in his new contract. It's been done before. How many F-1 drivers are quiet with their team when things don't go their way?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,653
    Toto Wolff I think is getting fed up at Lewis Hamilton's comments. In his post race he once again said the car was pretty good. Even saying the car was probably good enough to be there abouts, even though he didn't think they had the pace to win. He went onto say that Mercedes is going to go to Silverstone and blow the field away by getting another 1-2, 30 seconds ahead of everyone else.

    @Brembo, as to which drivers bitch and moan about their cars? I can only say Alonso did publicly when his car was among the slowest on the grid, and particularly the engine was some 100 horsepower lower than Mercedes. I think he had a right to be frustrated.

    George Russell could be top 3 in talent, has had a dreadful car his whole career and you don't hear him whining. The one time he gets to drive a good car, he puts it in a position to win but Mercedes strangely makes the stupidest of mistakes that prevents that.

    Max has been the best talent on the grid for some time, and even when their car was over 0.5 seconds slow, he'll say it was a good result, and even though they don't have the pace, they will try to do what they can to fight for a win.

    Leclerc goes from a race winning car in 2019, to a pile of crap in 2020 with the worst engine on the grid. Imagine that frustration, but you didn't hear him moaning and groaning on the radio. I actually recall him staying in pretty good spirits.

    Bottas is in the same car as Lewis, but is shackled by the team to protect Lewis (rightfully so I must ad), but isn't bitching and moaning.

    Lets even go back to the great Michael Schumacher in 2005. Ferrari had nothing because the Bridgestone tires were so bad, it was a well known fact. In an interview he was asked "would the Ferrari be competitive if it didn't have Bridgestone tires?" and his reply was "the car wouldn't do very well without tires". He never publicly put the team down or their partners.

    So I'd say no other driver is slamming their team like Lewis is. The worst part is, he is driving a car still capable of winning races. Has a car that is 0.5-1 second faster for 7 years, and then now has a car that is just a couple tenths slower than Red Bull at ONE track, and he is sulking on the radio and making excuses in the interviews every single time. I seriously wonder if the car was all that damaged today in Austria or he's just looking for excuses on why he's slower. Particularly over the last couple years, he's playing the victim with his BLM and virtue signalling, and usually these type of people look for excuses to why they underperform, and try to appoint blame that it is always somebody else's fault. They don't have the same fight to earn it, but rather will fight for the privilege of having it given to them. Despite what Lewis wants to claim, he is the most privileged F1 driver in history.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,578
    Basic really: Don't wash your dirty linen in public or act like a spoiled child when things don't go your way. IMHO your all observations ring quite true SS454.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,626
    Basically every comment good or bad from a F-1 driver is public info with regards to their opinion on the car and how the team is doing with their car after a race. We fans look forward to what they have to say. Except when it's Sir Lewis! Lewis earning top pay well into the millions$$ isn't enough for him to just take the money and run. He wants to continue breaking records. Two more years with Merc because he want's to be there. He even let Bottas pass ! He became #2 for his team mate. And Bottas got second place . Come contract time Bottas is now looking great. His only competition driver wise is a zero point Williams driver; even with his shot in the 10. I really want to see Mick get in the points this season. Carlos is for sure giving Charles a run for the money. Both drivers want to be Ferrari till they retire even if they have to wait a year every year for the cars to get up to #1 status. 132,000 fans were in attendance last race. Merc not locked in 1st saved F-1 !

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    7,168
    It's not just Hamilton. I'm tired of British media in general. They ignore Leclerc who has 2 poles this year, they ignore Sainz, they ignore Gasly who has been consistently putting the Alpha Taurin in top 7 everywhere. Yet they overplay Russell, who's teammate is Latifi who never had any front row start in his F2/GP2 career and who still failed to bag up some points tomorrow.

    And now SkyF1 will portray Hamilton being the underdog, even if the Merc and Red Bull is pretty much identical in terms of pace.

    Hamilton had easy time with Bottas being his teammate and Vettel being his closest rival. And now he's facing the real deal. We all knew Max was special. And with the right car, he's now making Hamilton look ordinary. Give Leclerc the right car and he will do the same. Leclerc will be even more dominant.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    356
    There's already an agenda being pushed that this Red Bull is already as dominant as Mercedes were. So we've gone from Mercedes with 7 years dominance to Red Bull with 9 races and suddenly they are the same (of those 9 races mercedes have won 3).

    If the Red Bull was so good then Perez would be consistently second, much like Bottas has been. People can't deal with the fact Verstappen is as good as he is, your talking Schumacher speed good compared to his team mate l. Not half a tenth here or there but 5 tenths, 6 tenths etc.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Garden of England
    Posts
    806
    Glad Max is beating Sir Lewis.

    Silverstone will be a massive Britfest - not unsurprisingly - and Sky and Brown Tongue Benson at the BBC will be at their most fawning - towards HAM and the Brits - and their most dismissive towards us.

    Water - duck's - back!

    #ForzaFerrari
    #essereFerrari
    Angry. Always.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,378
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    It's not just Hamilton. I'm tired of British media in general. They ignore Leclerc who has 2 poles this year, they ignore Sainz, they ignore Gasly who has been consistently putting the Alpha Taurin in top 7 everywhere. Yet they overplay Russell, who's teammate is Latifi who never had any front row start in his F2/GP2 career and who still failed to bag up some points tomorrow.

    And now SkyF1 will portray Hamilton being the underdog, even if the Merc and Red Bull is pretty much identical in terms of pace.

    Hamilton had easy time with Bottas being his teammate and Vettel being his closest rival. And now he's facing the real deal. We all knew Max was special. And with the right car, he's now making Hamilton look ordinary. Give Leclerc the right car and he will do the same. Leclerc will be even more dominant.
    I'm with you on this, and I'm just tired of HAM in general, nothing to do with his ability as a driver or his messages on every subject, just give us a break!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,653
    Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    There's already an agenda being pushed that this Red Bull is already as dominant as Mercedes were. So we've gone from Mercedes with 7 years dominance to Red Bull with 9 races and suddenly they are the same (of those 9 races mercedes have won 3).

    If the Red Bull was so good then Perez would be consistently second, much like Bottas has been. People can't deal with the fact Verstappen is as good as he is, your talking Schumacher speed good compared to his team mate l. Not half a tenth here or there but 5 tenths, 6 tenths etc.
    I agree. One of the best ways to see how dominant a car is/was, is to look at the number of 1-2 qualifying positions (before penalties). In my analysis (up to end of 2020), I found Lewis' car has had 89 1-2 qualifying finishes in 267 races, vs Schumacher who only had 23 in 342 races.

    So far this season Red Bull have claimed 4 poles in 9 races, and 0 1-2 qualifications, while Mercedes has had 3 poles, and one 1-2 qualifications. The Red Bull certainly isn't a dominant car.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    361
    Was there any confirmation that Hamilton's car was 'damaged'?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,949
    Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Was there any confirmation that Hamilton's car was 'damaged'?
    Toto is the only one saying it. I have'nt seen any pics or any articles at the moment saying otherwise. Soooo, at the moment and my way of thinking is that Toto is saying that it was damaged to hide Lewis's lack of pace. Again, this is just hypothetical of course.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Basically every comment good or bad from a F-1 driver is public info with regards to their opinion on the car and how the team is doing with their car after a race. We fans look forward to what they have to say. Except when it's Sir Lewis! Lewis earning top pay well into the millions$$ isn't enough for him to just take the money and run. He wants to continue breaking records. Two more years with Merc because he want's to be there. He even let Bottas pass ! He became #2 for his team mate. And Bottas got second place . Come contract time Bottas is now looking great. His only competition driver wise is a zero point Williams driver; even with his shot in the 10. I really want to see Mick get in the points this season. Carlos is for sure giving Charles a run for the money. Both drivers want to be Ferrari till they retire even if they have to wait a year every year for the cars to get up to #1 status. 132,000 fans were in attendance last race. Merc not locked in 1st saved F-1 !
    Did you intend to say "...take the money and run (his mouth)?

  26. #26
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Did you intend to say "...take the money and run (his mouth)?
    Yes!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    2,306
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Seriously every interview he has he talks about how the team is slacking, the car is too slow, the team need to bring upgrades, the Mercedes engine is not good enough. He even went on to say that he has no chance of winning because the Red Bull is too fast.

    It makes me want to puke.
    Typical spoiled brat. Had it easy the last half decade with no competition, can't take the heat. I hope he folds like a cheap beach chair.

    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Firstly, the Mercedes is still an incredibly fast car. One could make the argument that they are still better on most tracks.
    Secondly, the Mercedes PU is still the best... 100%. Look at the straightline speed of McLaren and Williams.
    He is talented, but he hasn't had to work for it in a long time. He just wants to cruise around on that scooter, dressed like a clown and magically win the race because his team mate is there to serve at his whim and the FIA tries their best to neuter the competition.

    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Verstappen is making up most of the gap ahead of Mercedes, as compare Perez vs Bottas.
    I guess he isn't the goat after all?

    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Lastly, even if he has a car that is 1 or 2 tenths down, where is his fighting spirit? He pretty much admits he can't win unless he has a dominant car. Look at the hungry talent in F1, Max kept fighting despite having a car 1 second slower, Lando is fighting, Leclerc, Gasly, Sainz. Hell, look at George Russell doing everything he can in such a garbage car like the Williams. Yet Lewis can only come up with excuses and keeps painting the BS underdog picture, even when he has maximum support by his team and a teammate that isn't even allowed to race him.
    As said earlier, he hasn't had to fight in years. He feels he is owned the win, why should he work for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    The more this season progresses, the more I think Lewis Hamilton is one of the most overhyped and overrated drivers.
    Bingo! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    13,555
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Typical spoiled brat. Had it easy the last half decade with no competition, can't take the heat. I hope he folds like a cheap beach chair.



    He is talented, but he hasn't had to work for it in a long time. He just wants to cruise around on that scooter, dressed like a clown and magically win the race because his team mate is there to serve at his whim and the FIA tries their best to neuter the competition.



    I guess he isn't the goat after all?



    As said earlier, he hasn't had to fight in years. He feels he is owned the win, why should he work for it?



    Bingo! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,810
    Great and intelligent racer when the visor is down, however when things don't go his way, true colors are clearly visible. "I did my best but team sucked"

  30. #30
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,626
    98 wins 7 WDCs so far. He managed to do all that without even a fight as said above. He moved over for Bottas last race. Lewis now made himself the #2 driver. Anything for his ream.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •