Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is anyone else tired of Lewis Hamilton's whining about his car?

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Let's hope it doesn't come to that. F1 is in a terrible state but we don't need a return to vicious or sanctimonious Senna era tactics from either MB or RB!
    If Senna was idolized for employing vendictive tactics against Prost, surely Verstappen will be a hero for doing the same to Lewis.
    Joking aside tho, this whole mess that Lewis and mercedes started can start a whole new game of "interesting tactics"
    Ironic, isn't it , considering they were the ones that started talking bout interesting tactics, re: Kimi, one of the cleanest drivers ever on the grid?

They really have no sympathy from me.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    If Senna was idolized for employing vendictive tactics against Prost, surely Verstappen will be a hero for doing the same to Lewis.
    Joking aside tho, this whole mess that Lewis and mercedes started can start a whole new game of "interesting tactics"
    Ironic, isn't it , considering they were the ones that started talking bout interesting tactics, re: Kimi, one of the cleanest drivers ever on the grid?

They really have no sympathy from me.
    It was ok though with Senna because he drove for a British team, same for Verstappen. It's just not ok when it's on a British driver lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    It was ok though with Senna because he drove for a British team, same for Verstappen. It's just not ok when it's on a British driver lol.
    Oh my. Are you telling me there is hypocricy in F1?
    I am so shocked. LOL
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

There are no hypocrits in F1, absolutely none. Driving a Pagani Zonda after declaring that everyone should forgo oil and drive 100k electric cars exclusively is not hypocrisy.

When F-1 teams go from one country race track to another track , when possible ; Let them swim!

Vicious driving tactic said by some fans with regards some drivers today were simply looked at as "Hard Racing" if the driver was a favorite of the same fans then and now. Hypocrisy where it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Vicious driving tactic said by some fans with regards some drivers today were simply looked at as "Hard Racing" if the driver was a favorite of the same fans then and now. Hypocrisy where it hurts.
    Guess you're referring to the Schumi, Barichello, 'wall' incident again? I guess you can put people into walls in different ways but to do it at 170mph and 51G's is pretty dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Guess you're referring to the Schumi, Barichello, 'wall' incident again? I guess you can put people into walls in different ways but to do it at 170mph and 51G's is pretty dramatic.
    Don't give him the attention.

Stop feeding please...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

I guess a broken clock is right twice a day

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/l...-fans/6658110/

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Who would've thought?

Of course they are, if you ain't cheating your not trying.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

The FIA will just change the rules to make what they are doing legal, only for Merc and for this year only so no one else can do it and so Merc can still keep their advantage. Lol

In all seriousness, let’s hope if it is true that Mercedes are punished to the same standard that Ferrari was.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Ferrari bypasses sensors it's cheating... Merc bypasses sensors it's clever

That just about sums it up, time for Ferrari and Red Bull to really challenge the FIA to investigate fully and act accordingly.

If Mercedes goes out of this unpunished, then I really don't know why all other teams are participating in this great charade!??!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I guess a broken clock is right twice a day

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/l...-fans/6658110/
    I think he's right

What does it say?

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    What does it say?
    Since the British GP, Red Bull and Ferrari have suspected that Mercedes has achieved performance. Now the opponents think they know what it is about. Red Bull has sent a request to the FIA.

It's looking for a needle in a haystack. Since the British GP, Red Bull has had the feeling that Mercedes has significantly improved its performance in the acceleration phases. Since that race, the balance of power between Mercedes and Red Bull-Honda has reversed on the straights.

While in the previous races Red Bull had significantly gained time on their championship opponents in all full throttle sections, it has been the other way around since Silverstone. Mercedes recently explained this with different wing settings and asserts that their engine has been delivering the same power since the beginning of the season and that nothing has been changed on the drive unit.
    But that doesn't have to be a contradiction to Red Bull's latest theory. Accordingly, Mercedes has the same maximum power, but distributes it differently. Ferrari should also be on the matter. Both teams think they know how the world champion gained an advantage at the beginning of the straight.

The suspicion was stoked because, according to GPS data, the Silver Arrows gain massive amounts of time when accelerating from slow corners. In fact, at Silverstone and Budapest you could get the impression that the Mercedes are picking up speed like a torpedo in direct comparison with the competition, but are not necessarily faster at the end of the straight. Unless they have smaller wings on the car.

According to the competition, the secret is in the intercooler. The compressed air is usually cooled down from 100 degrees to the ambient temperature. However, according to a technical directive, the rules give a little more leeway. The lower limit is 10 degrees below the outside temperature.

In the partial load range, the temperatures of the air are naturally lower than at full load due to all instances. Since cold air is denser than warm air, proportionally more fuel can be burned. And that means more performance. Those who manage to reserve the proportion of cool air for the first part of the full load range have an advantage in the acceleration process. And that's where you win most of the lap time.

And that's how it should work. According to the theory of Red Bull and Ferrari, Mercedes manages to separate cool air from warm air for a while by cleverly routing the air between the intercooler and the plenum, thus gaining up to 20 hp in the initial phase of acceleration. Later the compressor only pushes in warmer air and the advantage dissipates.

At first, that would still be within the permitted range. The question is how far the air that is led into the plenum can be cooled and whether the sensor is mounted in a place where relevant values ​​can be determined.

Red Bull has its doubts. It is believed that the sensor measures at a point that ensures that the temperature in the air collector is definitely above the required limit. Red Bull has now submitted an official request to the FIA. Some also speak of a complaint.

And we all know that nothing will happen. maFIA will in front of everyone act like a bad cop and say to Mercedes, and than talking to them only, most probably will be, OK we'll do something to cover this, and you find new way to cheat legally! And BTW congrats on new CWC and WDC

The way I see this, this is a two edged knife.
    If Merc is caught cheating, fine, they will have to revert this.
    If they're exonerated and all is well , this is nothing too hard to be copied by every team on the field.
    They can even ask for a clarification as to how this is achieved.

What would be scandalous would be for FIA to come out, say "oh, this is something that should not be there. OK, Mercedes will have to keep this, because if they were to remove it they will have costs issues, and this will be banned, come next year", or something similar.
    If something like that were to happen, I believe it'd be time for all teams, with Ferrari leading to do something drastic.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    The way I see this, this is a two edged knife.
    If Merc is caught cheating, fine, they will have to revert this.
    If they're exonerated and all is well , this is nothing too hard to be copied by every team on the field.
    They can even ask for a clarification as to how this is achieved.

What would be scandalous would be for FIA to come out, say "oh, this is something that should not be there. OK, Mercedes will have to keep this, because if they were to remove it they will have costs issues, and this will be banned, come next year", or something similar.
    If something like that were to happen, I believe it'd be time for all teams, with Ferrari leading to do something drastic.
    I share your opinion too

Another DIEK classic!
    I love the model pose Lewis but do you think VB is envious of those pajama pants? I'll bet he never
    thought of that fashion number and can intro it to the Alfa team next year.