View Poll Results: Should Hamilton receive a race ban for sending Verstappen to the hospital?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 69.05%
  • No

11 26.19%
  • I was to busy feeding the goats

2 4.76%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should Hamilton receive a race ban for sending Verstappen to the hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    100% agree with this.
    Every driver when given a penalty should get either a drive through which must be taken within 3 laps, or disqualified full stop from the race, depending on the accident. The current penalty laws are an absolute joke as was proven the last grand prix and many more recently.
    I agree. The 5 sec time penalty is useless. Minimum penalty in the race should be the 10 sec time penalty reserved for stuff like speeding in pitlane etc. Contact penalties should be minimum drive through or stop & go's taken within 3 laps of getting penalty. Time penalty equivalents can be issued if the infraction happens later in the race and there aren't enough laps for the penalty to be served. Of course if it's a racing incident then just keep racing.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    F1 needs to change the Red Flag rules. What kind of peanut brain thought it was a good idea to allow the cars to get fixed during a red flag and effectively reset the race? If the teams were prohibited to do so, then Lewis would have been forced to pit or retire with his front wheel issue
    When was it changed? I remember the race (can't remember where though) where Raikkonen's car was badly damaged and the pit crew managed to fix it Audi Le Mans style, but then got a penalty for the work done when the race restarted.

Looks like Red Bull might be taking things further.

E7TkAqNWYAMrAqY.jpg
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

E7TkAqNWYAMrAqY.jpg
    I don't know what new "evidence" RedBull will provide but nothing will happen. It's a great pressure tactic. Ferrari did the same thing at the CanadianGP in 2019 regarding Seb's penalty and nothing was changed so the 2019 Ferrari request was rejected. The same will happen to the RedBull request as it will get rejected.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I don't know what new "evidence" RedBull will provide but nothing will happen. It's a great pressure tactic. Ferrari did the same thing at the CanadianGP in 2019 regarding Seb's penalty and nothing was changed so the 2019 Ferrari request was rejected. The same will happen to the RedBull request as it will get rejected.
    Red Bull could show evidence of Hamilton with a gun in his hand shooting out Max’s tires and they still wouldn’t penalize Ham. lol but I am curious to see what new evidence they have. However, I agree with you that the request will get rejected. Huge waste of time and resources on RB’s part.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I read they have data that shows Lewis would not have made the corner if he had not hit Max.
    Forza Ferrari

I hope we'll get handed the win and that Hammy is retroactively DSQ for dangerous driving but knowing how deep the maFIA is in the tank for Toto's fraudsters that's not going to happen

It is a per case examination.
    Noone can be certain about what happens until the examination.

I read they have data that shows Lewis would not have made the corner if he had not hit Max.
    That's also my understanding.
    I would not rule out anything at this point , even punishing Lewis.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

E7TkAqNWYAMrAqY.jpg
    This is what I like about Red Bull. They are always putting pressure!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This is what I like about Red Bull. They are always putting pressure!
    Honestly I 'll quite enjoy it if they succeed. If only for the sour face of both Lewis and Toto, and just to go read all the comments in PF1 :D
    (and of course to see Charles getting what he deserves !)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I observed that during the crash. Hamilton's entry angle was nearly at the absolute inside with no arc to the apex, yet his entry speed was as fast as Max's, who likely wasn't going to stay inbounds on the exit due to his speed and entry angle. Frankly, it was a very poor judgement by Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Honestly I 'll quite enjoy it if they succeed. If only for the sour face of both Lewis and Toto, and just to go read all the comments in PF1 :D
    (and of course to see Charles getting what he deserves !)
    Agree! That would be so nice, especially for Ferrari and CL. Win is a win, but I've rather saw it on track, than like this on table... I don't say it is not deserved, it is well deserved.

It is a per case examination.
    Noone can be certain about what happens until the examination.

Alfa Romeo did a request with Kimi at Imola as well and it too got rejected. Masi {FIA} stick to their original FIA statement at time served rather than overturn an appeal by a team request. Again, it's a nice pressure tactc but it does'nt yield any results.

Red bull new evidence:
    https://youtu.be/2QJTAVnaLRI

Max have been driving like a bull since forever and now he is complaining about other aggressive drive.
    You will never be a champion with this drive, it's just a russian roulette. + the two old mans moaning around dont help either ...

Alfa Romeo did a request with Kimi at Imola as well and it too got rejected. Masi {FIA} stick to their original FIA statement at time served rather than overturn an appeal by a team request. Again, it's a nice pressure tactc but it does'nt yield any results.
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...ppeal/6637803/

Not really. Rare? sure. Does not yield results? Inaccurate.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...ppeal/6637803/

Not really. Rare? sure. Does not yield results? Inaccurate.
    Nice history lesson but let's stay current. In this turbo-hybrid era and under Masi's "rule", he won't cave to the teams appeal. Maxi sticks to his guns regarding the FIA's original decision and given his history n the turbo-hybrid era all appeals have been rejected.

Nice history lesson but let's stay current. In this turbo-hybrid era and under Masi's "rule", he won't cave to the teams appeal. Maxi sticks to his guns regarding the FIA's original decision and given his history n the turbo-hybrid era all appeals have been rejected.
    For you , history lesson. For me just stating fact.
    Ah ,also, I did nothing different than what you did. You start stating cases where the results did not change. Was that also "history lesson"?
    Learn when you are making errors and admit to it.

And unless you're a seer, you can't possibly know what will happen. So let's see what happens.

For you , history lesson. For me just stating fact.
    Ah ,also, I did nothing different than what you did. You start stating cases where the results did not change. Was that also "history lesson"?
    Learn when you are making errors and admit to it.

And unless you're a seer, you can't possibly know what will happen. So let's see what happens.
    The article you provided does show the FIA reversing their original decision or decisions........but those decisions were from different era's in F1. Currently, we are not living in the "Prost-Balestre" era.

Masi shows no allegiance to any team or any driver nationality. Once the FIA, and Masi, make a decision and said team makes an appeal to said decision....Masi or the FIA will stick to their guns.

Rest assured, IF, and thats a huge IF, Masi reverses course of the original decision of Lewis's peanalty and goes with RedBull's appeal, then I will concede of being wrong and admit at making a mistake........................................... ...but the probablity of that happening goes in my favor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CQULuXWqjE

In this video it seems to prove that ham was at fault.....he was able to follow a different line and leave space when passing Leclerc. However, I think it was clear that Ham was at fault and deliberately hit Max. With that said, I still cant see the FIA reversing their decision. That would mean they would be admitting they may a mistake, and that would also put a dent in handing golden boy his 8th gifted championship. Time will tell. Who knows, maybe Leclerc will get the win he deserved lol.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CQULuXWqjE

In this video it seems to prove that ham was at fault.....he was able to follow a different line and leave space when passing Leclerc. However, I think it was clear that Ham was at fault and deliberately hit Max. With that said, I still cant see the FIA reversing their decision. That would mean they would be admitting they may a mistake, and that would also put a dent in handing golden boy his 8th gifted championship. Time will tell. Who knows, maybe Leclerc will get the win he deserved lol.
    Great video!

Hammy the psychopath is clearly off the rails man...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...e-way/6638514/

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post

I really do hope karma will bite him very soon! He is way overdue!!!

No I don't agree that max had it coming nor do I agree with the so called 1st lap thing.
    51 G impact. And it was lewis fault. Even if he did not do it on purpose he did eliminate his wdc competition while he was able to go on and win.
    So if we want to see things we had complains about red flag and qualify right? Why not limiting what can be rectified under red flag with no consequences then? If you go past that you go to the end of the grid.
    I am pretty sure this would limit this kind of accidents.
    Ok man. Everyone bar the Red Bull camp saying it was racing incident, to me it was racing incident, to majority it was racing incident. Even if it was a 100G crash it would still be a racing incident.

And Hamilton has been pretty fair with Max, even in Silverstone. He made the same move on Leclerc and he followed the same trajectory, Leclerc left him enough space but Max didn't. Max can't expect the other guy to back down forever. So yeah, he had his comeuppance and if he doesn't change his antics, which I don't think he will, he's going to have more crashes. Hamilton is a willy old fox with 7 titles and 14 years of experience, he can play the same game and can be more ruthless than Max.

And I also like how Leclerc changed his aggression after Austria 2019. Funny isn't, how it's always Max.

And unlike some people here, who seem to be as professionally outraged as Max, Horner and Marko, I don't have any preference here. I hope both of them crashes more often and both of them take each other frequently, so that Ferrari can bag up some healthy points. And the drama between Merc and Red Bull is always going to be popcorn worthy, another plus point.

Of course he will say he'd do it again, he won the race and his rival DNF'd. And he can't admit fault to an incident that is being reviewed or appealed.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Of course he will say he'd do it again, he won the race and his rival DNF'd. And he can't admit fault to an incident that is being reviewed or appealed.

Love the part where he says we wouldn't understand if he tried to explain his reason for taking that line. Nothing that F1 fans need to know. Should get a stop & go just for that.

After cooling off for a few weeks I can now say I hope he does it again. In most circumstances would put them both out and if Ferrari can somewhat replicate last races competivnes Ferrarivwould win and in F1 that's most important. Nothing else matters.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    After cooling off for a few weeks I can now say I hope he does it again. In most circumstances would put them both out and if Ferrari can somewhat replicate last races competivnes Ferrarivwould win and in F1 that's most important. Nothing else matters.
    I reckon you've been cooling in the messed up county blues?

(line from a rap lyric lol as in being suspended)

I reckon you've been cooling in the messed up county blues?

(line from a rap lyric lol as in being suspended)
    Only suspended for 3 days.

I will add however that that thing in the Merc has been bleating about Hungary and LGBQfhhfdgghjb stuff today, wonder if he'll show his support for this by going into Max's rear?

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Ok man. Everyone bar the Red Bull camp saying it was racing incident, to me it was racing incident, to majority it was racing incident. Even if it was a 100G crash it would still be a racing incident.

And Hamilton has been pretty fair with Max, even in Silverstone. He made the same move on Leclerc and he followed the same trajectory, Leclerc left him enough space but Max didn't. Max can't expect the other guy to back down forever. So yeah, he had his comeuppance and if he doesn't change his antics, which I don't think he will, he's going to have more crashes. Hamilton is a willy old fox with 7 titles and 14 years of experience, he can play the same game and can be more ruthless than Max.

And I also like how Leclerc changed his aggression after Austria 2019. Funny isn't, how it's always Max.

And unlike some people here, who seem to be as professionally outraged as Max, Horner and Marko, I don't have any preference here. I hope both of them crashes more often and both of them take each other frequently, so that Ferrari can bag up some healthy points. And the drama between Merc and Red Bull is always going to be popcorn worthy, another plus point.

If it was a racing incident then no penalties would be given. But the FIA have been very clear that Hamilton was at fault. Leclerc pretty much went off the road to give Lewis room through that corner. I don't think it's a corner you go through 2 cars wide and expect nothing to happen. After the sprint race, there was no way Hamilton was backing out of that move, regardless of how it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Love the part where he says we wouldn't understand if he tried to explain his reason for taking that line. Nothing that F1 fans need to know. Should get a stop & go just for that.
    haha so true.