View Poll Results: Should Hamilton receive a race ban for sending Verstappen to the hospital?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 69.05%
  • No

11 26.19%
  • I was to busy feeding the goats

2 4.76%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Should Hamilton receive a race ban for sending Verstappen to the hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Well now he blames covid for being tired after races too... he sure likes to be the hero and seeking the media's attention doesn't he? Let's be honest if he had actual long covid then he wouldn't be able to drive a full race at all. Especially at a track like Hungaroring which has constant high g-loads. No way. He probably is just getting older and that's fine. No-one stays 25 forever I assume most drivers feel more worn out when they hit their mid-30's after a long race on a demanding track.

Hell, even from age 30 to 20 I feel a lot of difference in my physical exercise. My peak is just as good if not better but recovery takes ages in comparison.
    Have you had covid? Do you have long covid to know how it makes a person feel? Or are you just lashing out still?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Have you had covid? Do you have long covid to know how it makes a person feel? Or are you just lashing out still?
    I haven't heard of the athletes in the NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, etc complain of covid effects nearly a year after being diagnosed. These athletes sports are a lot more taxing on the lungs than auto racing. Well maybe not baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I haven't heard of the athletes in the NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, etc complain of covid effects nearly a year after being diagnosed. These athletes sports are a lot more taxing on the lungs than auto racing. Well maybe not baseball.
    Ah so like racism it does not exsist unless you see it?
    Forza Ferrari

Hard to tell. Not confirmed. February 2020 was possible because of the incredible dry cough I had. I'll give it 50/50. I was a bit out of shape for a week or so afterwards. Then again since I don't know what it was it's hard to speculate.

Ah so like racism it does not exsist unless you see it?
    I never said that, please do not claim that I did.

I think Tifoso Svedes is making a responsible assumption. Given the hundreds, if not thousands of pro athletes that have been diagnosed with Covid who play sports that actually stress the LUNGS which is what covid primarily attacks, IF Lewis had any actual symptoms. The reports said he was fine, but that's about it. Who knows how hard it hit him. This post covid symptom some 8 months later seems to resemble that of an unhealthy person that is much older, much more out of shape, or has an existing lung condition. Very unusual for a person of his physical conditioning.

What I did see or should I see didn't see is Lewis or any driver for that matter get out of the car huffing and puffing from a lack of oxygen like they ran a marathon. In fact I can't recall a situation that a driver ever got out of the car at the end of the race gasping for air. I did see that 21 minutes after the race ended, Lewis Hamilton appeared to struggle to step onto the podium. This would seem to fall more inline with dehydration than with a post covid symptom. It would be insulting to suggest any other F1 driver, or race car driver in general, that Lewis Hamilton drives harder than anyone else, and this particular race was more exhausting for him than anyone else, perhaps ever. How often do you see drivers physically unable to stand up or difficulty walking after a race?

I, like Tifoso Svedese can form an opinion from the information available. I would believe it was a physically difficult race. But I also think Lewis is milking it and I personally do not believe the covid story. Lewis has a history of trying to promote himself as an underdog or some sort of hero. Not unreasonable for some to question his authenticity.

I never said that, please do not claim that I did.

I think Tifoso Svedes is making a responsible assumption. Given the hundreds, if not thousands of pro athletes that have been diagnosed with Covid who play sports that actually stress the LUNGS which is what covid primarily attacks, IF Lewis had any actual symptoms. The reports said he was fine, but that's about it. Who knows how hard it hit him. This post covid symptom some 8 months later seems to resemble that of an unhealthy person that is much older, much more out of shape, or has an existing lung condition. Very unusual for a person of his physical conditioning.

What I did see or should I see didn't see is Lewis or any driver for that matter get out of the car huffing and puffing from a lack of oxygen like they ran a marathon. In fact I can't recall a situation that a driver ever got out of the car at the end of the race gasping for air. I did see that 21 minutes after the race ended, Lewis Hamilton appeared to struggle to step onto the podium. This would seem to fall more inline with dehydration than with a post covid symptom. It would be insulting to suggest any other F1 driver, or race car driver in general, that Lewis Hamilton drives harder than anyone else, and this particular race was more exhausting for him than anyone else, perhaps ever. How often do you see drivers physically unable to stand up or difficulty walking after a race?

I, like Tifoso Svedese can form an opinion from the information available. I would believe it was a physically difficult race. But I also think Lewis is milking it and I personally do not believe the covid story. Lewis has a history of trying to promote himself as an underdog or some sort of hero. Not unreasonable for some to question his authenticity.
    You can just say you hate him and it would be a lot easier Maybe covid is not real either like the racist comments....p.s we had to delete a racist comment today on the forum perhaps I should have left it for you to witness?

Lewis put today down to hydration also so no idea why your getting all worked up....he was only saying he has found training harder since he had covid and having more fatigue...but perhaps you can diagnose it better for him.

p.s a quick google can bring up a few articles about pro athletes talking about the effect even mild covid symptoms had on them and their training for months....but again perhaps they are just trying to big themselves up also....
    Forza Ferrari

You can just say you hate him and it would be a lot easier Maybe covid is not real either like the racist comments....p.s we had to delete a racist comment today on the forum perhaps I should have left it for you to witness?

Lewis put today down to hydration also so no idea why your getting all worked up....he was only saying he has found training harder since he had covid and having more fatigue...but perhaps you can diagnose it better for him.
    I was just saying Tifoso Svedes has good reason to not buy into Lewis blaming covid for his fatigue. You smashed down his opinion because he may or may not have had covid. I provided information that could give reasonable doubt to a covid excuse used by Lewis. Lewis has control of his actions and words, don't blame people from seeing him looking for a pity party.

You are right, I don't like Lewis Hamilton. It starts as simple as him being a rival. I didn't like Hakkinen, I didn't like Alonso, as they were both rivals to the Ferrari drivers. Even if I do not like Hamilton, it doesn't stop me from giving him credit and praises when he deserves it. In recent threads, I was one that said he did not deserve to be DQ'd from Silverstone, and I gave him praises for his driving today at Hungary. I also felt he earned pole position in Silverstone and felt he was robbed of it by the stupid Sprint Race. But I am not a sheep and I don't simply believe what he or the media says if there is evidence that supports something else. Obviously I am not afraid to go against the masses and challenge things.

As for the racist comments you delete. Maybe you should edit them respectfully, and let it be known who it was and ban them from the forum. People should be held accountable, but also have the right to appeal. Racism should not be tolerated. Having said that, what some consider as racism is getting extremely iffy. Now days you almost can't say you like a white shirt over a black shirt at risk of being called a racist... hence the right to appeal.
    Last edited by SS454; 1st August 2021 at 22:26.

I was just saying Tifoso Svedes has good reason to not buy into Lewis blaming covid for his fatigue. You smashed down his opinion because he may or may not have had covid. I provided information that could give reasonable doubt to a covid excuse used by Lewis. Lewis has control of his actions and words, don't blame people from seeing him looking for a pity party.

You are right, I don't like Lewis Hamilton. It starts as simple as him being a rival. I didn't like Hakkinen, I didn't like Alonso, as they were both rivals to the Ferrari drivers. Even if I do not like Hamilton, it doesn't stop me from giving him credit and praises when he deserves it. In recent threads, I was one that said he did not deserve to be DQ'd from Silverstone, and I gave him praises for his driving today at Hungary. I also felt he earned pole position in Silverstone and felt he was robbed of it by the stupid Sprint Race. But I am not a sheep and I don't simply believe what he or the media says if there is evidence that supports something else. Obviously I am not afraid to go against the masses and challenge things.
    So you and he have no idea if covid has affected his training and health or not. What evidence do you have that supports covid has not affected him just like the racist comments because you have not seen it or experienced it then it does not exist right.....

Why are you so worked up about him saying he still feels the effects of covid in his training? He is hardly getting a candle lit vigil for saying it is he lol nobody is taking pity on him for saying it.
    Forza Ferrari

So you and he have no idea if covid has affected his training and health or not. What evidence do you have that supports covid has not affected him just like the racist comments because you have not seen it or experienced it then it does not exist right.....

Why are you so worked up about him saying he still feels the effects of covid in his training? He is hardly getting a candle lit vigil for saying it is he lol nobody is taking pity on him for saying it.
    You are giving him pity. Ocon gave him pity. Sky Sports is giving him pity. There are already 50 news stories on his fatigue and "post covid" comments.

Why would he even mention it? Could he have been more dramatic on the podium? Watch the athletes at he Olympics and they are less dramatic after running a triathlon. If you said he is saying his fatigue is from dehydration, what does that have to do with covid from 8 months ago, and why even mention it? Am I getting worked up about it? Well no more than you are defending the legitimacy of his "condition".

Kimi goes a race without a drink bottle, twice... doesn't fall over in dehydration. Fighters will cut 20 lbs by dehydrating and NOT act like they cant lift their legs. Lewis had the whole race to drink fluids, then 20 minutes to rehydrate afterwards. He then acts like he can barely stand up, can't get onto the podium without help, according to you says it was from hydration and then chooses to say its a side effect from "long covid". It reminds me of when Lebron James had his teammates carry him off the floor because of cramping. He's also known for flopping and calling for a pity party too. I don't deny Lewis was exhausted and fatigued, but I completely think he was milking it to try to come off as some warrior or hero. Why is that a big deal you ask? To say the least it isn't right to feed off the public's caring for your own personal benefit. Remember Lance Armstrong's pity campaign? He made millions of dollars and had millions of fans and became the face of the Tour de France and American cycling by using his cancer as a way to people's generosity.

You are giving him pity. Ocon gave him pity. Sky Sports is giving him pity. There are already 50 news stories on his fatigue and "post covid" comments.

Why would he even mention it? Could he have been more dramatic on the podium? Watch the athletes at he Olympics and they are less dramatic after running a triathlon. If you said he is saying his fatigue is from dehydration, what does that have to do with covid from 8 months ago, and why even mention it? Am I getting worked up about it? Well no more than you are defending the legitimacy of his "condition".

Kimi goes a race without a drink bottle, twice... doesn't fall over in dehydration. Fighters will cut 20 lbs by dehydrating and NOT act like they cant lift their legs. Lewis had the whole race to drink fluids, then 20 minutes to rehydrate afterwards. He then acts like he can barely stand up, can't get onto the podium without help, according to you says it was from hydration and then chooses to say its a side effect from "long covid". It reminds me of when Lebron James had his teammates carry him off the floor because of cramping. He's also known for flopping and calling for a pity party too. I don't deny Lewis was exhausted and fatigued, but I completely think he was milking it to try to come off as some warrior or hero. Why is that a big deal you ask? To say the least it isn't right to feed off the public's caring for your own personal benefit. Remember Lance Armstrong's pity campaign? He made millions of dollars and had millions of fans and became the face of the Tour de France and American cycling by using his cancer as a way to people's generosity.
    When did I give him pity?

If you think it was all an act then so be it rather pointless posting any further.
    Forza Ferrari

I don't understand why there are so many anti-Hamilton comments.

Almost all drivers said it was a racing incident and in my opinion the penalty was fair enough. Nothing less, nothing more.

Do you remember what penalty Vettel got for crashing into Hamilton at Baku 2017?

I also don't buy this exortion after the race at all. It is a play. I bet if he won the race he would be jumping all over the place!

Personally Max has accrued some bad karma for some of his past antics and it's swinging back towards him this year. Couldn't care less about LH or MV either way. All I hope for is that Ferrari is competitive next year...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Giovanzzi 10 sec stop and go for speeding in the pit lane. Hamilton 10 sec for taking a car out of a race. Bottas takes out 4 cars and gets 5 place grid drop. Something doesnt jive.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Giovanzzi 10 sec stop and go for speeding in the pit lane. Hamilton 10 sec for taking a car out of a race. Bottas takes out 4 cars and gets 5 place grid drop. Something doesnt jive.
    When are people going to understand that Merc is ruling the sport? :)
    Toto said it best. It was an minor mistake with a huge impact. Honestly I was shocked that Bottas even got this much of a penalty at all.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZUOGKTzxyE

Pretty interesting tactic, I would say!

Never mind! Just keep 'taking the knee', you utter sheep!
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Never mind! Just keep 'taking the knee', you utter sheep!
    Ithink you meant goat not sheep!