View Poll Results: Should Hamilton receive a race ban for sending Verstappen to the hospital?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    29 69.05%
  • No

    11 26.19%
  • I was to busy feeding the goats

    2 4.76%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 138

Thread: Should Hamilton receive a race ban for sending Verstappen to the hospital?

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    If it was a racing incident then no penalties would be given. But the FIA have been very clear that Hamilton was at fault. Leclerc pretty much went off the road to give Lewis room through that corner. I don't think it's a corner you go through 2 cars wide and expect nothing to happen. After the sprint race, there was no way Hamilton was backing out of that move, regardless of how it turned out.
    I completely agree. Lewis has been losing to Max's very aggressive, but still fair battles all season. Lewis was trying to make a point. And one could make an argument that with all his experience and so many labeling the greatest driver ever, he would have known that Max would spin out, while he would likely just lose a front wing. No matter how it goes down, it was a bad decision by Hamilton that was extremely dangerous.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    If it was a racing incident then no penalties would be given. But the FIA have been very clear that Hamilton was at fault. Leclerc pretty much went off the road to give Lewis room through that corner. I don't think it's a corner you go through 2 cars wide and expect nothing to happen. After the sprint race, there was no way Hamilton was backing out of that move, regardless of how it turned out.
    It was already deemed a racing incident and still is, hence no additional penalty is given today. And from what I've seen and read, Red Bull tried really hard to make the case seem like Hamilton deliberately took out Max. Which is totally expected from a team like Red Bull.

    And Leclerc went offtrack because he braked quite late in his effort to keep Hamilton behind and carried more speed than normal, he did not went off track to give Hamilton space....come on, it's just a lousy suggestion.

    And as @jgonzalesm6 said, crashes have had happened at the corner in the past, and it will happen again in the future.

    And I've already said Hamilton is not going to back out anymore. Max always have been aggressive and pretty much have always gone over the boundary, his moto has always been "back out or we're gonna collide". In the past Ham/Vet/Rai, the 3 who suffered the most of Max's shenanigans have always backed out because they were fighting for the title. But things have changed this year. No one is going to back down against Max. Leclerc already gave Max his own medicine after Austria 2019 and continues to do so, others are now simply joining that party.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 29th July 2021 at 19:52.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,951
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I completely agree. Lewis has been losing to Max's very aggressive, but still fair battles all season. Lewis was trying to make a point. And one could make an argument that with all his experience and so many labeling the greatest driver ever, he would have known that Max would spin out, while he would likely just lose a front wing. No matter how it goes down, it was a bad decision by Hamilton that was extremely dangerous.
    Or had Verstappen simply followed Charles's example and gave Hamilton enough room, not crashes would've happened. I mean...Hamilton had fought some hard battles against Vettel and Raikkonen both 2017 and 2018, and fought hard against Charles and Vettel for victories in 2019. And how many times you've saw him taking out either Charles/Vet/Rai?

    Max on the other hand taking people out ever since he has joined F1. One is borderline aggressive and refuses to back down even when he should, the other pretty much always kept it clean on track, most of the times. You can't expect Hamilton to always back out because Max refuses to.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,644
    The stewards have dismissed Red Bull's request to review Hamilton's British Grand Prix penalty
    Forza Ferrari

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,644
    Jon Noble

    @NobleF1



    Fascinating that part of the evidence was a re-enactment of Hamilton's line through Copse that Red Bull got Alex Albon to do at a filming day at Silverstone last week

    Red Bull lol really...
    Forza Ferrari

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,951
    Awww....some here must be heartbroken with the verdict. Never knew Karen Horner and his hypocrite plus dumb star driver have so many fans here.

    I thought as a Ferrari fan, we'll be enjoying the drama and hoping for more crashes between the dumb and the #blessed. But nah, some here had a bleeding heart for poor lil Max Verstappen.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    The stewards have dismissed Red Bull's request to review Hamilton's British Grand Prix penalty
    ......called it.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Or had Verstappen simply followed Charles's example and gave Hamilton enough room, not crashes would've happened. I mean...Hamilton had fought some hard battles against Vettel and Raikkonen both 2017 and 2018, and fought hard against Charles and Vettel for victories in 2019. And how many times you've saw him taking out either Charles/Vet/Rai?

    Max on the other hand taking people out ever since he has joined F1. One is borderline aggressive and refuses to back down even when he should, the other pretty much always kept it clean on track, most of the times. You can't expect Hamilton to always back out because Max refuses to.
    Max gave Lewis more than enough room. If Lewis wants to stuff his nose down the inside of a corner, it is his responsibility to stick to the apex. Instead he was a full car width off curb and was sliding out.

    Where is this history of Max taking other drivers out? He has a history of being very aggressive, but he hasn't drove his car into someone else by his own stupid mistakes. Lewis on the other hand has done it many times.

    By your standards, you should be calling this an attempted murder.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Awww....some here must be heartbroken with the verdict. Never knew Karen Horner and his hypocrite plus dumb star driver have so many fans here.

    I thought as a Ferrari fan, we'll be enjoying the drama and hoping for more crashes between the dumb and the #blessed. But nah, some here had a bleeding heart for poor lil Max Verstappen.
    Or as an F1 fan we want a fair championship. Not one where Mercedes gets any advantage Red Bull has banned by the FIA and when Lewis wrecks his rival without fair punishment. Twice Lewis has made major mistakes this season, both times he was able to fix his car under red flag conditions, and of course went on to win the race at Silverstone. Is it fair that his mistakes go without consequence while his competitors suffer the most?

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,951
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Max gave Lewis more than enough room. If Lewis wants to stuff his nose down the inside of a corner, it is his responsibility to stick to the apex. Instead he was a full car width off curb and was sliding out.

    Where is this history of Max taking other drivers out? He has a history of being very aggressive, but he hasn't drove his car into someone else by his own stupid mistakes. Lewis on the other hand has done it many times.

    By your standards, you should be calling this an attempted murder.
    LOL. I can remember China 2018 quite instantly. And there are other examples, but I can't be bothered to post them here and fill up the entire thread.

    It was a racing incident. Pure and simple. But I'm hoping for more. Dumb vs #Blessed fighting hard and taking each other out more often on track, and Karen Horner vs underdog Wolff throwing **** at each other off track.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,603
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post

    Where is this history of Max taking other drivers out? He has a history of being very aggressive, but he hasn't drove his car into someone else by his own stupid mistakes. .
    ummmmm, Max took out Ricciardo in Hungary 2017. Look at the Youtube video.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,951
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    ummmmm, Max took out Ricciardo in Hungary 2017. Look at the Youtube video.
    And almost killed Raikkonen in Spa 2019.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    LOL. I can remember China 2018 quite instantly. And there are other examples, but I can't be bothered to post them here and fill up the entire thread.

    It was a racing incident. Pure and simple. But I'm hoping for more. Dumb vs #Blessed fighting hard and taking each other out more often on track, and Karen Horner vs underdog Wolff throwing **** at each other off track.
    Close to a racing incident, but 100% Lewis' fault. Max was ahead, gave room, and got clipped at 175 mph by a driver missing his corner. Verstappen makes a trip to the hospital, and Lewis makes a trip to victory lane.

    Now F1 has set a president to wreck your rivals, as long as it is bad enough to induce a Red Flag so you can fix and improve your car, keep your position, and just suffer a 10 second penalty that can be served much later in the race.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    ummmmm, Max took out Ricciardo in Hungary 2017. Look at the Youtube video.
    That's a good example. 100% Verstappen's fault

    One of the examples he got so much hate in his early career. I too did not like Max's driving style as he took things too far. His nonsense against Kimi at Spa, cutting the track in Mexico against Vettel. I don't think his "pass" on Leclerc at Austria 2019 was fair. He will bump and rub anyone that is for sure, but he doesn't have a long history of completely ruining the other guys race.

    Call the incidents as they are and appoint fault where it is deserved. At Silverstone it was Lewis' fault.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,644
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Max gave Lewis more than enough room. If Lewis wants to stuff his nose down the inside of a corner, it is his responsibility to stick to the apex. Instead he was a full car width off curb and was sliding out.

    Where is this history of Max taking other drivers out? He has a history of being very aggressive, but he hasn't drove his car into someone else by his own stupid mistakes. Lewis on the other hand has done it many times.

    By your standards, you should be calling this an attempted murder.
    Try his attack on Seb in China for a start....
    Forza Ferrari

  16. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,644
    Forza Ferrari

  17. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,084
    maFIA scum giving the entity a free title as usual, nothing to see here The most mind-boggling thing is that there are online retards on Autosport etc defending the lunatic's driving.

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    maFIA scum giving the entity a free title as usual, nothing to see here The most mind-boggling thing is that there are online retards on Autosport etc defending the lunatic's driving.
    Try taking some valium or xanax to calm yourself down. Don't get so worked up with the vitriol and myopic mindest of yours.

    btw, I have worked with mentally challenged or physically challenged people or both. The word you used is somewhat outdated.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  19. #109
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,084
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Try taking some valium or xanax to calm yourself down. Don't get so worked up with the vitriol and myopic mindest of yours.

    btw, I have worked with mentally challenged or physically challenged people or both. The word you used is somewhat outdated.


    Aw ok.

    It fits better for people who appear to be normal but have developed Merceditis blocking neurons from working properly by drinking the Toto kool aid for too long...

    Hammy wrecked another driver at 170 mph straight into the barrier and then claims he did nothing wrong. He's the guy who needs some pills to cool down.

  20. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post


    Aw ok.

    It fits better for people who appear to be normal but have developed Merceditis blocking neurons from working properly by drinking the Toto kool aid for too long...

    Hammy wrecked another driver at 170 mph straight into the barrier and then claims he did nothing wrong. He's the guy who needs some pills to cool down.
    I get it okay. You think Lewis is the only F1 driver to knock some one out of the race in the corner in the history of F1????

    The only thing I did'nt like about the situation was the penatly......10sec....pffft. It should have been a stop-and-go penalty and possibly, quite possibly Leclerc would have won the race. Leclerc would not have won on merit but I would have taken it anyway.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  21. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I get it okay. You think Lewis is the only F1 driver to knock some one out of the race in the corner in the history of F1????

    The only thing I did'nt like about the situation was the penatly......10sec....pffft. It should have been a stop-and-go penalty and possibly, quite possibly Leclerc would have won the race. Leclerc would not have won on merit but I would have taken it anyway.
    Once the 10 second penalty was given, it was the end of the situation for the most part. It was deemed Lewis' fault by the Stewarts, and a penalty was awarded. Yes it was the second weakest penalty they could have given, and that may leave a bitter taste in some of our mouths, but we move on from here.

    Until F1 comes to their senses and changes the Red Flag rules, or the penalty system which will NEVER make everyone happy, we just have to live with it.

    The good news is it gives some drama for future races. Will Lewis continue to make mistakes? Will Max be even more aggressive against Lewis? Will the teams use their second drivers as pawns to destroy their competitors races?

    I honestly think a team could deliberately wreck a competitor and then openly accept a 10 second penalty. The word deliberately will be very grey too. It could just be the idea of putting the car in a dicey situation and make the driver in the right have to choose avoidance or wreck.

  22. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    It was already deemed a racing incident and still is, hence no additional penalty is given today. And from what I've seen and read, Red Bull tried really hard to make the case seem like Hamilton deliberately took out Max. Which is totally expected from a team like Red Bull.

    And Leclerc went offtrack because he braked quite late in his effort to keep Hamilton behind and carried more speed than normal, he did not went off track to give Hamilton space....come on, it's just a lousy suggestion.

    And as @jgonzalesm6 said, crashes have had happened at the corner in the past, and it will happen again in the future.

    And I've already said Hamilton is not going to back out anymore. Max always have been aggressive and pretty much have always gone over the boundary, his moto has always been "back out or we're gonna collide". In the past Ham/Vet/Rai, the 3 who suffered the most of Max's shenanigans have always backed out because they were fighting for the title. But things have changed this year. No one is going to back down against Max. Leclerc already gave Max his own medicine after Austria 2019 and continues to do so, others are now simply joining that party.
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Awww....some here must be heartbroken with the verdict. Never knew Karen Horner and his hypocrite plus dumb star driver have so many fans here.

    I thought as a Ferrari fan, we'll be enjoying the drama and hoping for more crashes between the dumb and the #blessed. But nah, some here had a bleeding heart for poor lil Max Verstappen.



    Regardless of Max's history, I am looking at and discussing, this incident. Hamilton was forcing a line through that corner that was never going to work. Max had the corner, left room, and Hamilton hit him. Simple. Everyone agrees Hamilton was at fault or he wouldn't have gotten the penalty.

    You know it is possible to discuss or debate a topic without having to like either of the drivers. My opinion is that Max earned that corner and was fair with the amount of room he left. I'm not a huge Max fan, although I think he is one of the best on the grid and I'm not much of a Ham fan although I think he is one of the best on the grid. And I wasn't hoping for any further penalties to be given during this hearing. Although it would have given us a win, proper penalties should be given out as soon after the incident as possible.
    And yes, I do hope that there will be more clashes between Max and Ham, and I would like to see Max come out on top because I'm getting tired of Merc winning all the time and I'm really tired of Toto and his sanctimonious attitude. He needs to be brought down a notch and unfortunately, it looks like Red Bull is the only team able to do it at the moment.

  23. #113
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,576
    it certainly should be possible to discuss or debate a topic without having to like either driver or a team. Acknowledging for example a 1st 2nd or 3rd place driver after a race doesn't mean he's your favorite over your teams drivers. Max coming out without injuries was the best news.

  24. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    152
    Anyone else doing such a dangerous and reckless move at such a high speed corner would have a serious penalty. They gave Ham 10 seconds for two reasons:-
    1 - They knew it would not stop him winning his home race
    2 - They hoped it would appear like they punished him

    Anyone with half a clue knows that Lewis is the FIA's goldenboy and will never be properly punished for anything. This "sport" is corrupt

  25. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Anyone else doing such a dangerous and reckless move at such a high speed corner would have a serious penalty. They gave Ham 10 seconds for two reasons:-
    1 - They knew it would not stop him winning his home race
    2 - They hoped it would appear like they punished him

    Anyone with half a clue knows that Lewis is the FIA's goldenboy and will never be properly punished for anything. This "sport" is corrupt
    Yes.

    The most baffling thing is that people compare causing an incident at 170 mph leading to a 51G impact to just punting a driver off in a hairpin. They're not even in the same universe.

  26. #116
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,084
    The cheating scumbag Toto just can't shut up can he?

    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...llout/6640004/

  27. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    The cheating scumbag Toto just can't shut up can he?

    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...llout/6640004/
    "cheating scumbag" has no relevance to his words about booing, though maybe Mercedes should send out a public statement about how people shouldn't dislike Lewis Hamilton.

    Surely Toto can understand that mayyyybe people were booing because Mercedes ruined the exciting closing minute of qualifying on purpose? This coming 2 weeks after Lewis dangerously takes out Max to go on and win the race surely doesn't help.

  28. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,084


    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...marks/6640336/

    Can't he just pull off what the gymnast did and take a year off to deal with his issues? People boo him because they despise his sick attitude it's been like that for ages now.

  29. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post


    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...marks/6640336/

    Can't he just pull off what the gymnast did and take a year off to deal with his issues? People boo him because they despise his sick attitude it's been like that for ages now.
    So Lewis blames Red Bull for getting boo'd. No way it could be because he screwed over Red Bull in qualifying.

  30. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,084
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    So Lewis blames Red Bull for getting boo'd. No way it could be because he screwed over Red Bull in qualifying.
    Well now he blames covid for being tired after races too... he sure likes to be the hero and seeking the media's attention doesn't he? Let's be honest if he had actual long covid then he wouldn't be able to drive a full race at all. Especially at a track like Hungaroring which has constant high g-loads. No way. He probably is just getting older and that's fine. No-one stays 25 forever I assume most drivers feel more worn out when they hit their mid-30's after a long race on a demanding track.

    Hell, even from age 30 to 20 I feel a lot of difference in my physical exercise. My peak is just as good if not better but recovery takes ages in comparison.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 1st August 2021 at 19:09.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •