View Poll Results: Should Hamilton receive a race ban for sending Verstappen to the hospital?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 69.05%
  • No

11 26.19%
  • I was to busy feeding the goats

2 4.76%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should Hamilton receive a race ban for sending Verstappen to the hospital?

Should Hamilton receive a race ban for sending Verstappen to the hospital?

YES!

Damn typo on the Brembo option can't edit it now

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    YES!

Damn typo on the Brembo option can't edit it now
    The troll really doesn't have a leg to stand on now, although I wouldn't put it past them to call it "hard racing" and continue to talk b*****s about Michael Schumacher trying to kill other drivers.

Of course I would say yes, as HAM ended up being able to continue and win, eventually. Enough.

He needs to be retroactively DSQ and banned from Hungary. This is way worse than anything Michael did at Jerez, obviously.

I voted NO.

The 10sec penalty IMO was'nt enough. Lewis should have recieved a stop-and-go penalty PLUS 3 points added to his super-license.

It was clearly Lewis's fault.

These racing stewards and penalties are so inconsitent.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I voted NO.

The 10sec penalty IMO was'nt enough. Lewis should have recieved a stop-and-go penalty PLUS 3 points added to his super-license.

It was clearly Lewis's fault.

These racing stewards and penalties are so inconsitent.
    Who was the driver steward(s)?

I think being hamilton's home race there would've been pressure on whoever they were to not be too hard on him.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Who was the driver steward(s)?

I think being hamilton's home race there would've been pressure on whoever they were to not be too hard on him.

The Stewards were for this race are as follows:

Nish Shetty
    Loic Bacquelaine
    Emmanuele Pirro
    Eric Cowell

While a black flag was actually my first reaction when I saw this (which btw puts to bed that other myth re: Lewis being such a clean driver, there you have it) today we learned that 10 sec is the penalty for eliminating your WDC opposition as well as we witnessed how Lewis cared bout his opponent after the race.
    No further comment #disgusted.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I am waiting how this will pan out at the Holland GP... Max fans would be going really crazy.

I think it was a racing incident, but it was Hamilton's fault as he missed the apex. First lap incidents should be lenient, but how far do we extend that? All the way around the lap?

While it has always been the red flag rules that you can change whatever parts, I think since we are now much quicker to call red flags, so they will be more common, in a situation like this where Hamilton had a cracked wheel rim and would have to pit or risk DNF, the penalty should have been severe enough to negate that advantage. So atleast a stop and go.

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    I am waiting how this will pan out at the Holland GP... Max fans would be going really crazy.
    Imagine of Jos was at the race!!!!!............it would have been a Sxhumacher and Hill scenario all over again.

No. I just want both Mercedes and Red Bull camp to implode. You could argue that Max had it coming, ever since he has entered F1, he has always been ruthless.

Hamilton on the other been enjoying a dominant car for 8 years. It has masked his shortcomings but now it's getting reveled again because of Max-Red Bull challenge.

I just want both of them to not give each other any room from now on. It will make things spicy and funny, to me atleast, and it will improve our prospect of bagging up some healthy amounts of points.

I was looking at Hamilton onboard when he hit Verstappen there is no way that was not intentional. Being on the inside like he was and the speed he was going, there is no way he was making the corner without lifting and kissing the apex.

There should be an investigation with the telemetry and a race ban if guilty of purposively endangering another driver life.

Lewis post race interviews mentioned nothing of Max's well being.

It was the usual scripted messages from Lewis that we have all come to hear.....

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    No. I just want both Mercedes and Red Bull camp to implode. You could argue that Max had it coming, ever since he has entered F1, he has always been ruthless.

Hamilton on the other been enjoying a dominant car for 8 years. It has masked his shortcomings but now it's getting reveled again because of Max-Red Bull challenge.

I just want both of them to not give each other any room from now on. It will make things spicy and funny, to me atleast, and it will improve our prospect of bagging up some healthy amounts of points.
    Obviously i don't want people to get hurt but that's why Max doesn't get a lot of sympathy from me.He dishes it out, he has to be able to take it too.

Hammy is seriously deranged, man...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...clash/6633354/

How to win a race by Lewis Hamilton and get universally praised:

Step 1 - Crash into your championship rival at 300km/h.

Step 2 - Repair your car under Red Flag.

Step 3 - Take a mickey mouse 10s penalty.

Step 4 - Benefit from team orders.

Step 5 - Overtake a midfield Ferrari with DRS and a massive engine advantage.

And people call this an amazing drive etc. Whats going on?
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post

Sounds bang on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Hammy is seriously deranged, man...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...clash/6633354/
    It is way past overdue karma to hit him hard! I really hope it will be sooner than later!

Joke once called F1

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Joke once called F1
    Yes, its utterly sad. The rules need correction as well. A stop and go penalty on the first lap after the incident would have been sufficient to calm things down a bit. As of now you can ruin someones race and only get a slap on the wrist. And Saint.Lewis more than anyone!

No he does not deserve a race ban. It was close to being a racing incident, even though it was Lewis' fault. It wasn't a clear cut dirty move, it was very aggressive driving by both drivers. Drivers have been injuried for smaller crashes in the past, just as drivers have had no injuries at all with bigger crashes... it is what it is.

I voted Yes but it's very hard to choose between Ham and Ver - the older one who is so full of himself and the younger one who is brash and rather crude. Neither one cares much how they win as long as they do - the mark of the truly unsportsmanlike (losers in the final analysis). I am thankful that our team progresses and is made up of gentlemanly sorts who will eventually have their day. Great drive by Our guys, Leclerc in particular- probably the most decent guy on the grid.

Yes, its utterly sad. The rules need correction as well. A stop and go penalty on the first lap after the incident would have been sufficient to calm things down a bit. As of now you can ruin someones race and only get a slap on the wrist. And Saint.Lewis more than anyone!
    A better penalty would have helped. Lewis had a cracked wheel rim. He would have had to make an extra pit stop anyway, all be it under yellow.

While it might seem like a racing incident in the heat of the moment, the fact that stewards did nothing but just a rap on the knuckle of Merc/Ham goes to show their biasness. While a ban on Ham would be considered a bit harsh, he should have been given a 15 sec stop-go penalty. Massi's role as race director has come more under cloud with Baku and Silverstone.
    It won't be wrong to assume that you could almost kill your competitor, put the safety of others at risk(Baku) and still get away with it.
    It seems the stewards were more under pressure to not penalise Ham harshly given the presence of Tom Cruise, influential investors and home gp. Wonder if it was just a show instead of actual race.

I think during the Red Flag the Stewarts were writing a script to ensure their home town hero would shine in the end with the illusion of a miracle drive. How on earth it took them like 45 mins to figure out a penalty is crazy.

The reasons people are raging against Hamilton:

1. The lack of consequence for eliminating your rival from the race and gaining 32 points in the standings by doing so. A complete farce penalty that had no bearing on the offenders race.

2. Free repairs after causing a collision enabling the offender to keep his position when he should have been in the pits and last.

3. The celebration like he had won the WDC when he won because of an incident he was deemed guilty of causing

4. The actual incident.

If the FIA had given Lewis a proper penalty he would have finished like 7th to 10th or so and still gained a few points on Max, but the real outrage would have been avoided since FIA had signaled its NOT OK and you cant benefit greatly from taking out your main rival!

So basicly 4 things that are clearly wrong, the incident, the red flag saving repairs, the lack of sufficient penalty and the celebration.

Had the FIA sanctioned Hamilton properly, the repair issue and celebration issue would have been eleminated. I could have lived with the incident, if the proper penatly had been assessed, had he finished 11th the championship would not have been affected in such a dramatic fashion!

Hamilton basicly erased Max excellent driving this year by making a mistake running into Max, I dont see how anybody can argue that is good for the sport.

Red Bull will have change engine and gearbox etc as well which could further decide the championship.

Final note: Its possible that Lewis is getting more abuse than he should have because of the insanity of the regulations.

1. The lack of consequence for eliminating your rival from the race and gaining 32 points in the standings by doing so. A complete farce penalty that had no bearing on the offenders race.

2. Free repairs after causing a collision enabling the offender to keep his position when he should have been in the pits and last.

3. The celebration like he had won the WDC when he won because of an incident he was deemed guilty of causing

4. The actual incident.

If the FIA had given Lewis a proper penalty he would have finished like 7th to 10th or so and still gained a few points on Max, but the real outrage would have been avoided since FIA had signaled its NOT OK and you cant benefit greatly from taking out your main rival!

So basicly 4 things that are clearly wrong, the incident, the red flag saving repairs, the lack of sufficient penalty and the celebration.

Had the FIA sanctioned Hamilton properly, the repair issue and celebration issue would have been eleminated. I could have lived with the incident, if the proper penatly had been assessed, had he finished 11th the championship would not have been affected in such a dramatic fashion!

Hamilton basicly erased Max excellent driving this year by making a mistake running into Max, I dont see how anybody can argue that is good for the sport.

Red Bull will have change engine and gearbox etc as well which could further decide the championship.

Final note: Its possible that Lewis is getting more abuse than he should have because of the insanity of the regulations.
    Agree with every word!
    This is becoming private Mercedes & LH sport! It is a joke!!!

4. The actual incident.

Well said!