Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 39

Thread: Racist "attacks" on Lewis Hamilton?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,555

    Racist "attacks" on Lewis Hamilton?

    It has flooded the news that Lewis Hamilton has been subject to an enormous amount of racial attacks following the British Grand Prix.

    Has anyone actually seen any of these racial comments? I've read thousands of comments on forums, youtube, instagram, and I haven't seen a single one. I have however seen some disgusting hate comments wishing for his death, including from this website.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,605
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    It has flooded the news that Lewis Hamilton has been subject to an enormous amount of racial attacks following the British Grand Prix.

    Has anyone actually seen any of these racial comments? I've read thousands of comments on forums, youtube, instagram, and I haven't seen a single one. I have however seen some disgusting hate comments wishing for his death, including from this website.
    yep. Alot of teams, including MercedesAMGF1, have denounced these attacks and state they have no place in F1. One moderator on Reddit had to delete 6000 posts of hate messages towards Lewis Hamilton.

    The Danish too are involved in such hate since they are pro-Max.

    Yeah, crazy idiots.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,555
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yep. Alot of teams, including MercedesAMGF1, have denounced these attacks and state they have no place in F1. One moderator on Reddit had to delete 6000 posts of hate messages towards Lewis Hamilton.

    The Danish too are involved in such hate since they are pro-Max.

    Yeah, crazy idiots.
    I have seen the same posts by different outlets suggesting there has been racist comments towards lewis, and I've read facebook deleted messages, but I have not seen 1 single example.

    Is there any examples at all that can be found, or is this the largest known case of racial clean up in history?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    272
    I am not surprised, tbh. We just had the Euro Cup where England lost and players from one particular community were targetted with racial abuse.
    Some people would go to any lengths to get even with such events.
    IMO, it all came down to how Merc, Lewis and FiA handled the decision about the incident. If Lewis is really a 7 time WC as alleged, then he would have simply retired from the race so as to promote a fair competition. 1 race here or there won't make a difference if you are a true WC. There are many more races where he could turn the table against Max. He would have gained more respect not only amongst his fans but also his detractors. Sadly, he didn't and now facing the brunt.
    There are many sports in the world where players across both sides would see their wrongdoing and take corrective action to ensure sportsmanship and fairness is held in high esteem. Sadly, that doesn't happen in F-1.
    Don't be surprised if some similar shaming happens at the Holland GP.
    Last edited by 20000rpm; 20th July 2021 at 04:33.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,954
    I'm not going to call racists "idiots". Racism has nothing to do with idiocracy, it's more about hate and prejudice.

    And you don't see racist comments because they get taken down pretty quickly.

    Max isn't some angel. Do people not remember what he had said after Grosjean's 67G crash? I'm glad he's okay, but I'm also happy to see that he got a taste of his own medicine. He has involved in plenty of dangerous interactions on track. But the difference is, Ham was involved in title fight. So he pretty much backed down.

    But it's not going to be the case this year. Hamilton is not going to back down anymore. The days of Verstappen intentionally shoving people out of his way are long gone.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    297
    I don't go on social media much but I'd imagine they are deleted. Dutch GP should be fun.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,605
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Is there any examples at all that can be found, or is this the largest known case of racial clean up in history?
    They've been deleted

    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    But it's not going to be the case this year. Hamilton is not going to back down anymore. The days of Verstappen intentionally shoving people out of his way are long gone.
    Prost/Senna 2.0
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,555
    Lando Norris and Daniel Ricciardo are now saying they have seen the racist messages, yet I have still not seen a single one. I've searched reddit, instagram, twitter, youtube, forums, and not a single racial comment. Flooded with blame because he deserves it, but no racism.

    Apparently racist comments don't get deleted when directed towards "celebrities", and they definitely do not get deleted when made by a celebrity, in fact any way to twist words into being seen as racist gets front page news. However supposedly thousands upon thousands of racist comments towards Lewis have been deleted.

    I can't help think this is one giant politic ploy and pretty much fake news. A report comes in that facebook has deleted racist comments (true or not), and every media outlet and every team has jumped on the "no racism tolerance" bandwagon with their own social media posts.

    If anyone can find a single piece of evidence that prove these racist attacks, let me know.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,655
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Lando Norris and Daniel Ricciardo are now saying they have seen the racist messages, yet I have still not seen a single one. I've searched reddit, instagram, twitter, youtube, forums, and not a single racial comment. Flooded with blame because he deserves it, but no racism.

    Apparently racist comments don't get deleted when directed towards "celebrities", and they definitely do not get deleted when made by a celebrity, in fact any way to twist words into being seen as racist gets front page news. However supposedly thousands upon thousands of racist comments towards Lewis have been deleted.

    I can't help think this is one giant politic ploy and pretty much fake news. A report comes in that facebook has deleted racist comments (true or not), and every media outlet and every team has jumped on the "no racism tolerance" bandwagon with their own social media posts.

    If anyone can find a single piece of evidence that prove these racist attacks, let me know.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...rand-Prix.html

    Not sure why you need to see them to believe it? Off course the comments are quickly removed.
    Forza Ferrari

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...rand-Prix.html

    Not sure why you need to see them to believe it? Off course the comments are quickly removed.
    It's just another media outlet posting the same news. Why do I need to see it? Because I like evidence

    Racism is a terrible thing, and saying racist attacks against someone is a serious allegation. This is a massive allegation against "fans" that do not like Lewis Hamilton which is being perceived as an alarming percent of these anti-Lewis fans are racist. What does this do? This creates RACISM! Many of the BLM supporters immediately think these racist comments are from one specific race (take a guess) and their hate towards that race increases. That alone is racism.

    Secondly this also paints a bigger picture of Lewis being a victim and supports his virtue signaling behavior. There are many that do not support the BLM movement, reasons that do not need to be discussed. What can be said is Hamilton is using the Formula 1 platform to preach his own political agenda, and now Formula 1 and all the teams are pushing this huge anti racism campaign based on potentially nothing as there has been zero evidence to support it. It's not just a reminder that racism is bad, it's a direct allegation that an individual has been directly attacked by potentially thousands of individuals. This should have a source of fact behind it, not just claims.

    Lastly, it also continuously dilutes what Racism actually is. I've seen monkey emoji's get posted as an insult towards people that "act like an idiot", regardless of race. This was very common, but has since been more commonly replaced with the clown emoji. To consider an emoji racist in the first place is a bit ridiculous, but the monkey emoji only becomes racist because Lewis is half black. Maybe the intent was racist, but its hard to know without seeing the context.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,655
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    It's just another media outlet posting the same news. Why do I need to see it? Because I like evidence

    Racism is a terrible thing, and saying racist attacks against someone is a serious allegation. This is a massive allegation against "fans" that do not like Lewis Hamilton which is being perceived as an alarming percent of these anti-Lewis fans are racist. What does this do? This creates RACISM! Many of the BLM supporters immediately think these racist comments are from one specific race (take a guess) and their hate towards that race increases. That alone is racism.

    Secondly this also paints a bigger picture of Lewis being a victim and supports his virtue signaling behavior. There are many that do not support the BLM movement, reasons that do not need to be discussed. What can be said is Hamilton is using the Formula 1 platform to preach his own political agenda, and now Formula 1 and all the teams are pushing this huge anti racism campaign based on potentially nothing as there has been zero evidence to support it. It's not just a reminder that racism is bad, it's a direct allegation that an individual has been directly attacked by potentially thousands of individuals. This should have a source of fact behind it, not just claims.

    Lastly, it also continuously dilutes what Racism actually is. I've seen monkey emoji's get posted as an insult towards people that "act like an idiot", regardless of race. This was very common, but has since been more commonly replaced with the clown emoji. To consider an emoji racist in the first place is a bit ridiculous, but the monkey emoji only becomes racist because Lewis is half black. Maybe the intent was racist, but its hard to know without seeing the context.
    Article contains screenshots of racist abuse though? Not sure what else you really want? But it you don't want to believe it then thats ok.
    Forza Ferrari

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Article contains screenshots of racist abuse though? Not sure what else you really want? But it you don't want to believe it then thats ok.
    Oops, I thought those were ads and didn't scroll through them. Thank you!

    The Gorilla one can only be seen as racist. The monkey one, who knows, but easy to assume it is.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Oops, I thought those were ads and didn't scroll through them. Thank you!

    The Gorilla one can only be seen as racist. The monkey one, who knows, but easy to assume it is.
    Dreadful messages, when they catch these posters they must be severely punished....10 second penalties for each of them.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,579
    Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Dreadful messages, when they catch these posters they must be severely punished....10 second penalties for each of them.
    10 seconds with Mike Tyson!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    I am not surprised, tbh. We just had the Euro Cup where England lost and players from one particular community were targetted with racial abuse.
    Some people would go to any lengths to get even with such events.
    IMO, it all came down to how Merc, Lewis and FiA handled the decision about the incident. If Lewis is really a 7 time WC as alleged, then he would have simply retired from the race so as to promote a fair competition. 1 race here or there won't make a difference if you are a true WC. There are many more races where he could turn the table against Max. He would have gained more respect not only amongst his fans but also his detractors. Sadly, he didn't and now facing the brunt.
    There are many sports in the world where players across both sides would see their wrongdoing and take corrective action to ensure sportsmanship and fairness is held in high esteem. Sadly, that doesn't happen in F-1.
    Don't be surprised if some similar shaming happens at the Holland GP.
    What a rediculous suggestion. No driver in F1 history has ever retired voluntarily from a race in this manner despite hundreds of crashes having taken place, yet Lewis is expected to do so? Why? Why him? Have you ever asked for this from any other driver?
    Contrary to popular belief, black lives matter.
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I'm not going to call racists "idiots". Racism has nothing to do with idiocracy, it's more about hate and prejudice.

    And you don't see racist comments because they get taken down pretty quickly.

    Max isn't some angel. Do people not remember what he had said after Grosjean's 67G crash? I'm glad he's okay, but I'm also happy to see that he got a taste of his own medicine. He has involved in plenty of dangerous interactions on track. But the difference is, Ham was involved in title fight. So he pretty much backed down.

    But it's not going to be the case this year. Hamilton is not going to back down anymore. The days of Verstappen intentionally shoving people out of his way are long gone.
    +1

    This whole outburst against LH is rediculous and heavily prejudiced. I believe he was wrong in the race and he was rightfully punished. End of. All this other stuff is unnecessary. Folks who've never called for a race ban or voluntary retirement from any other driver who caused a collision, including Max himself, are out calling for LH's head. You'd swear some people have just found a "legitimate" outlet for their volcanic hatred for the man. Even this thing of Red Bull threatening legal action is just pathetic.
    Contrary to popular belief, black lives matter.
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...rand-Prix.html

    Not sure why you need to see them to believe it? Off course the comments are quickly removed.
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Article contains screenshots of racist abuse though? Not sure what else you really want? But it you don't want to believe it then thats ok.
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Oops, I thought those were ads and didn't scroll through them. Thank you!

    The Gorilla one can only be seen as racist. The monkey one, who knows, but easy to assume it is.
    What a dud!

    (Currently trialling alternatives to the word "idiot". Suggestions welcome.)
    Contrary to popular belief, black lives matter.
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    What a rediculous suggestion. No driver in F1 history has ever retired voluntarily from a race in this manner despite hundreds of crashes having taken place, yet Lewis is expected to do so? Why? Why him? Have you ever asked for this from any other driver?
    Not all collisions were as severe as this one. And this one is more than a crash if you understand the real issue. If you have faith in your abilities and car then one race won't matter. I see fair play in sports above everything. Most won't agree to this. It has opened a Pandora's box where you can nearly kill a driver, repair your car under red flag , get away with a simple penalty and still win.
    You need to analyse the entire incident and how it was dealt with instead of just the crash.
    Also, be the change you want to see.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    Not all collisions were as severe as this one. And this one is more than a crash if you understand the real issue. If you have faith in your abilities and car then one race won't matter. I see fair play in sports above everything. Most won't agree to this. It has opened a Pandora's box where you can nearly kill a driver, repair your car under red flag , get away with a simple penalty and still win.
    You need to analyse the entire incident and how it was dealt with instead of just the crash.
    Also, be the change you want to see.
    It sounds very noble but it's not that simple. For one, a driver might genuinely think that they were not wrong. Things happen so fast in the cockpit, and it can come down to inches in terms of track position and giving each other room. It's easy for us to watch 50 replays while the race is on and conclude that a certain driver is wrong, but sometimes it's unreasonable to expect that driver to kmow straight away that they were wrong. I've heard drivers many times when they are asked s who was wrong and they say they will have to look at the replays first.

    Secondly, what difference does it make to the driver who crashes out? Giving up your race is not going to bring that driver back on track.

    Thirdly and more specifically, Red Bull's accusation that it was a hollow victory is just silly. If Leclerc had won because Max crashed out and Lewis got a penalty, would it have been a hollow victory for Leclerc? No! I'm disappointed with Horner. His comments are immature. It would have been a different story if LH took Max out intentionally, but as much as I agree that LH was wrong and deserved a penalty, I doubt it was malicious and intentional.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    +1



    +1



    What a dud!

    (Currently trialling alternatives to the word "idiot". Suggestions welcome.)
    My suggestion is to maybe try not to call people any names. If you disagree with a poster, then tell them you disagree. Why the need to call them names? Just adds to the animosity.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    My suggestion is to maybe try not to call people any names. If you disagree with a poster, then tell them you disagree. Why the need to call them names? Just adds to the animosity.
    Your suggestion is noted.

    Sometimes it goes beyond just disagreeing. To someone who denies that racism exists and accuses people of making it up or imagining things, and then claims to have searched the whole world for evidence yet overlooks the evidence handed to him on a silver platter because he "thought they were ads", to simply say I disagree just doesn't cut it, you know.

    But as I said, your suggestion is noted.
    Contrary to popular belief, black lives matter.
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    My suggestion is to maybe try not to call people any names. If you disagree with a poster, then tell them you disagree. Why the need to call them names? Just adds to the animosity.
    Very well said ! Disagree without the insults would be a great way to eliminate continual animosity . Great post Bob!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,555
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Your suggestion is noted.

    Sometimes it goes beyond just disagreeing. To someone who denies that racism exists and accuses people of making it up or imagining things, and then claims to have searched the whole world for evidence yet overlooks the evidence handed to him on a silver platter because he "thought they were ads", to simply say I disagree just doesn't cut it, you know.

    But as I said, your suggestion is noted.
    I never said that racism doesn't exist, I never claimed that anyone is making it up. I said that there is a massive anti racism campaign going around that actually claims Lewis Hamilton received a onslaught of racist attacks, and I was not the only one that had not seen any racist posts about him at all. I have no question they exist, and I think those people should be held accountable. I did mistakenly overlook what Greig posted, and I thanked him for being the only one to actually provide evidence. How racist where those "attacks", well that is a bit subjective, but most would agree they weren't very tasteful to say the least. Is that thousands of attacks to Lewis? No, can't say it is.

    A day or two later I did see a post that was not F1 related, but it was littered with racism and Instagram didn't seem to delete any of those. And thus the racist problem has no end in sight when there are floods of undeniable racist remarks made all over, and nobody cares. But make claims that Lewis was a victim, and put out statements claiming a large percentage of anti-lewis fans are racist. I am not sure what to say if you do not see a problem with that. I guess there are people that actually would like to see racism end, and then people that like to talk about wanting racism to end and feel they are helping by throwing a few hashtags around.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I never said that racism doesn't exist, I never claimed that anyone is making it up. I said that there is a massive anti racism campaign going around that actually claims Lewis Hamilton received a onslaught of racist attacks, and I was not the only one that had not seen any racist posts about him at all. I have no question they exist, and I think those people should be held accountable. I did mistakenly overlook what Greig posted, and I thanked him for being the only one to actually provide evidence. How racist where those "attacks", well that is a bit subjective, but most would agree they weren't very tasteful to say the least. Is that thousands of attacks to Lewis? No, can't say it is.

    A day or two later I did see a post that was not F1 related, but it was littered with racism and Instagram didn't seem to delete any of those. And thus the racist problem has no end in sight when there are floods of undeniable racist remarks made all over, and nobody cares. But make claims that Lewis was a victim, and put out statements claiming a large percentage of anti-lewis fans are racist. I am not sure what to say if you do not see a problem with that. I guess there are people that actually would like to see racism end, and then people that like to talk about wanting racism to end and feel they are helping by throwing a few hashtags around.
    I am not and never have been racist but I still don't like HAM for the image he portrays, the constant crusade he is part of which makes racism so high on everyone's agenda (correctly, but there is currently overkill, possibly causing more people to adopt racist tendencies), and the main reason I don't like him is because he always seems to have so much luck and has had the best car in this turbo-hybrid era, to the extent that only now Red Bull are challenging him seriously, meaning that my favourite team doesn't get a look in. We are all equal, but some are luckier than others!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,555
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I am not and never have been racist but I still don't like HAM for the image he portrays, the constant crusade he is part of which makes racism so high on everyone's agenda (correctly, but there is currently overkill, possibly causing more people to adopt racist tendencies), and the main reason I don't like him is because he always seems to have so much luck and has had the best car in this turbo-hybrid era, to the extent that only now Red Bull are challenging him seriously, meaning that my favourite team doesn't get a look in. We are all equal, but some are luckier than others!
    Exactly. I lot of people do not like Lewis Hamilton, for whatever reason. MOST, and I mean the vast majority of those people's dislike is NOT because of his skin color.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    13,300
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Exactly. I lot of people do not like Lewis Hamilton, for whatever reason. MOST, and I mean the vast majority of those people's dislike is NOT because of his skin color.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    13,300
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I am not and never have been racist but I still don't like HAM for the image he portrays, the constant crusade he is part of which makes racism so high on everyone's agenda (correctly, but there is currently overkill, possibly causing more people to adopt racist tendencies), and the main reason I don't like him is because he always seems to have so much luck and has had the best car in this turbo-hybrid era, to the extent that only now Red Bull are challenging him seriously, meaning that my favourite team doesn't get a look in. We are all equal, but some are luckier than others!

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,088
    Twitter is filled to the brim with bot accounts for hire. Wouldn't surprise me if Mercedes took the nuclear option and hired some to change the subject. That team is the definition of bad people and I can't rule it out with them lot.

    Obviously no-one should be racist but the thing is that this is suppose to overshadow Hammy trying to injure his competitor with his dangerous and reckless driving and failing to apologize for his despicable driving? This is genuinely the ugliest action in living memory on a Grand Prix track and we're supposed to not say anything because someone, somewhere lost it on Twitter? Then deal with that person separately and don't change the subject to make everyone forget about the #44's criminal on-track conduct. Hammy is 50 % white anyway so those users are basically racist towards themselves That being said, brain capacity isn't the strong side of racist fools.

    I'm so sick of this weirdo human species inhabiting planet Tellus.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 26th July 2021 at 10:20.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Twitter is filled to the brim with bot accounts for hire. Wouldn't surprise me if Mercedes took the nuclear option and hired some to change the subject. That team is the definition of bad people and I can't rule it out with them lot.

    Obviously no-one should be racist but the thing is that this is suppose to overshadow Hammy trying to injure his competitor with his dangerous and reckless driving and failing to apologize for his despicable driving? This is genuinely the ugliest action in living memory on a Grand Prix track and we're supposed to not say anything because someone, somewhere lost it on Twitter? Then deal with that person separately and don't change the subject to make everyone forget about the #44's criminal on-track conduct. Hammy is 50 % white anyway so those users are basically racist towards themselves That being said, brain capacity isn't the strong side of racist fools.

    I'm so sick of this weirdo human species inhabiting planet Tellus.
    Forza Ferrari

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Typical.

    So Hammy is just a victim who just happened to be in a spot where he made contact with his main title rival in 170 mph and that's not supposed to be the main point of conversation? Yeah yeah.

    He's an unhinged cheat who takes people out whenever he's losing a race and never gets held accountable for it but rather promoted by the racket Liberty/maFIA complex.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •