Thread: Why do they push Kimi to retirement?

Why do they push Kimi to retirement?

I have seen a lot of comments about Kimi and how old he is etc.
    Ralf seems eager to see him out and make possible the move of Bottas to Alfa.

Any thoughts?

He's had his time. There are a lot of young talented drivers that deserve a shot.

Yup. He was a great driver back in the era of V8's with McLaren. Nowadays he is just not delivering. Granted the engine is not where he wants it, but more than that he is past his prime.

Kimi is on a paid vacation! Who can blame him. Any of his team mates will learn big time from him also.

Interesting views.

He's an old dude who qualifies from P15-P17 most of the times and has Sunday drives where he finishes outside of points with a car that is as fast as the Aston Martin. His teammate is completely opposite, always puts great qualifying performance but lacks the pace on Sunday's.

There are better drivers out there. If Alpha wants to improve their result next year, then they need better drivers because their current line up is pretty weak.

It's an odd one isn't it though? You don't hear the same spoken about Kimi and Fernando as we heard when Michael came out of retirement at the age he did, it's rather the opposite when I've heard brundle and et el on the rare times I've watched races they just seem to say "ah but he (they're) still having fun and enjoying battle in the midfield" whereas with Michael it was no he's wrong to come back he's too old etc. etc. I know it's a bit different with Kimi because he's never really left. Maybe the pundits were scared Michael would do better than he did?

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    It's an odd one isn't it though? You don't hear the same spoken about Kimi and Fernando as we heard when Michael came out of retirement at the age he did, it's rather the opposite when I've heard brundle and et el on the rare times I've watched races they just seem to say "ah but he (they're) still having fun and enjoying battle in the midfield" whereas with Michael it was no he's wrong to come back he's too old etc. etc. I know it's a bit different with Kimi because he's never really left. Maybe the pundits were scared Michael would do better than he did?