Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hungarian GP 2021 : Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    So:
    Leclerc did a relatively good job, provided that he doesn't like Hungaroring.
    Sainz did an awful job and the good thing is that he is OK. (I start to get the feeling that he is loosing a lot of ground from CL).

Hamilton proved how dirty he is. If it was Schumacher doing this, the British press would scream to DSQ him.
    It's not only that he ensured that Perez could not start his lap, but (as his times proves) he went just that fast so as to ensure that MV could not go faster! Yes, a brilliant execution, still completely unsportsmanlike.

I can't wait until the time the fanboys will scream racism for the booing.
    But it's good. Just think, Hamilton's behavior today must have made mad Max angry. So he will be extra pumped for tomorrow, especially at the start. But Hamilton is not going to give him any room at start and will do everything to stay ahead.

I can see either one of them or both of them not surviving the first lap. Which is a fantastic thing, the drama after that will be even more spicy than Silverstone.

TBH, I just want to see both Merc and Red Bull to implode. Can't stand either of them.

I can't wait until the time the fanboys will scream racism for the booing.
    Don't worry the maFIA, the capita$$list L-media boys and der Toto führer already have a statement ready about that

Ham should be penalised for almost stopping so max and perez can't do a second run but unlikely, if it was any other driver, the whole paddock would be screaming.
    Very dirty and unsportmanlike.
    Red is the only color!!!

He didn't do anything wrong. It's within the rules. Full blame on Redbull for that terrible strategy.

We are in for one long, hot, boring 1-2 Mercedes win race tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    We are in for one long, hot, boring 1-2 Mercedes win race tomorrow
    Feck that. Hope Max wipes out Lewis at the start and both retire, that would be the best outcome. Sadly Bottas will take out Max once before the season is over to get a new contract.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Ham should be penalised for almost stopping so max and perez can't do a second run but unlikely, if it was any other driver, the whole paddock would be screaming.
    Very dirty and unsportmanlike.
    That was the reason when crowd was booing?

"I don't make any tactical plays. We have the fastest car. Those who give comments like that have no idea what's going on. Which also explains why they are not here." - Hamilton.

Said after running 2 seconds of pace to ruin Max lap and standing still in the pits, what a douche.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Remember when Alonso delayed Two Chains McDouche Canoe in quali at this very track and got a 5 grid spot penalty? Remember McLaren we’re barred from scoring any Constructors points?

We remember, but I’m sure the FIA forgot.

So delaying your teammate is a 5 grid spot penalty, delaying another competitor is totally cool. Obviously as long as Mrs Take-A-Knee comes out on top, anything is legal.

F Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Remember when Alonso delayed Two Chains McDouche Canoe in quali at this very track and got a 5 grid spot penalty? Remember McLaren we’re barred from scoring any Constructors points?

We remember, but I’m sure the FIA forgot.

So delaying your teammate is a 5 grid spot penalty, delaying another competitor is totally cool. Obviously as long as Mrs Take-A-Knee comes out on top, anything is legal.

F Hamilton.
    I thnk you're confusing with what happened in 2007 in Hungary with Lewis-Alonso and what happened today with Lewis driving slow.

2007 Hungary--> There were 2 nicidents wth Lewis and Alonso during qualifying. The first incident was Lewis slowing down Alonso on the track even though Mclaren orderd Lewis to let Alonso by. The 2nd incident was n the pits, when Mclaren double stacked the pair....Alonso was first and then Lewis came next....BUT the pit crew released Alonso but Alonso did'nt move and waited an extra 10sec causing valuable time against Lewis who was waiting. Lewis missed qualiyng by 3sec.. Ron was furious at the stunt in the pits.

That's where the 5 grid spot penalty to Alonso came from.....the pit incident.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Disappointing quali for sure, and silly games being played by certain drivers, don't really understand what happened at the end of Q3 as Charles slipped down to P7 late on, was he affected by HAM's mucking about? No word on any additional penalty for Carlos after impeding Vettel's lap in Q1? Bad enough he will start way back unless they start him from the pitlane, depending on the damage found. Not a good day but our race pace may be OK if both drivers survive the start, everyone on softs except those damn Mercs. Are you there stefa?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Disappointing quali for sure, and silly games being played by certain drivers, don't really understand what happened at the end of Q3 as Charles slipped down to P7 late on, was he affected by HAM's mucking about? No word on any additional penalty for Carlos after impeding Vettel's lap in Q1? Bad enough he will start way back unless they start him from the pitlane, depending on the damage found. Not a good day but our race pace may be OK if both drivers survive the start, everyone on softs except those damn Mercs. Are you there stefa?
    Hi. Thanx for asking. No. I choose not to go this year. With Covid and everything that this F1 is now, and Ferrari really not competitive, I've choose not to throw a way money to see LH win.

Good decision @stefa..

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I thnk you're confusing with what happened in 2007 in Hungary with Lewis-Alonso and what happened today with Lewis driving slow.

2007 Hungary--> There were 2 nicidents wth Lewis and Alonso during qualifying. The first incident was Lewis slowing down Alonso on the track even though Mclaren orderd Lewis to let Alonso by. The 2nd incident was n the pits, when Mclaren double stacked the pair....Alonso was first and then Lewis came next....BUT the pit crew released Alonso but Alonso did'nt move and waited an extra 10sec causing valuable time against Lewis who was waiting. Lewis missed qualiyng by 3sec.. Ron was furious at the stunt in the pits.

That's where the 5 grid spot penalty to Alonso came from.....the pit incident.
    Not confusing it one bit. I’m specifically talking about Alonso delaying Mrs Take-a-Knee, and getting a penalty. Alonso did this for the same reason Pander Burn-ish-down delayed Max today. To ensure he would keep his pole position.

He did the same thing Alonso did and is not sitting on the pole. Alonso got a penalty, it won’t.

So impeding drivers in qualifying isn't worth penalties anymore? I haven't heard anything on Sainz impeding the AlphaTauri, but if the Alpha was on a flying lap, that 100% deserves a penalty.

Then of course Lewis deliberately impeding the Red Bulls. It appears Bottas was super slow on his outlap, so maybe it was a Mercedes thing and both deserve penalties. I am disgusted with the British biased media talking about how it was just good tactics. It was terrible sportsmanship, to me I can't see how that isn't considered illegal, it ruins what fans pay money to watch, and damages the sport. Then when the crowd rightfully boo's Hamilton, Herbert has the nerve to tell them to shut up and appreciate Lewis? Come on!

Rosberg says the rules state the drivers are supposed to 1:30 or faster between a given section, and Lewis did 1:50. Maybe every driver went slower than that so the penalties would be moot, who knows.

It's funny that the same track (Hungary) that the FIA penalized Alonso - Mclaren for impeding Lewis, and Lewis gets away with doing something very similar. Biased Sky Sports are praising Lewis instead. What a joke.

At this point, I would start using Perez to run straight into Lewis each race.

I don't know why some are fussing about today and making a mountain out of a molehill. Had Hamilton stopped in the pitlane on Max's path and blocked both him and Perez, it would've been a slam-dunk penalty. But that's not what had happened today.

And if the usual suspects here had followed the driver tracker, they would've known that the gap stayed consistent between all the drivers. Hamilton wasn't too close to Bottas nor he was far behind. The delta between him and Bottas was the same as the delta between Charles-Alonso, Alonso-Norris and Norris-Ocon.

Facts don't care about your emotion.

Hamilton's last out lap was faster than his pole lap-outlap. Mercedes-Hamilton simply used their provisional pole position as an advantage and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    He didn't do anything wrong. It's within the rules. Full blame on Redbull for that terrible strategy.
    Nah...that would mean using their brain cells.

Also Max-Red Bull can't do anything wrong, Hamilton-Mercedes is always wrong.

That's why the usual suspects here always resort to conspiracy and anger rather than simple common sense. But fortunately, F1 is a data driven sport. So it always get hilarious when they get angry and post their nonsense theories and what not.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 31st July 2021 at 19:49.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I don't know why some are fussing about today and making a mountain out of a molehill. Had Hamilton stopped in the pitlane on Max's path and blocked both him and Perez, it would've been a slam-dunk penalty. But that's not what had happened today.

And if the usual suspects here had followed the driver tracker, they would've known that the gap stayed consistent between all the drivers. Hamilton wasn't too close to Bottas nor he was far behind. The delta between him and Bottas was the same as the delta between Charles-Alonso, Alonso-Norris and Norris-Ocon.

https://i.imgur.com/UdaBZar.jpg

Facts don't care about your emotion.

Hamilton's last out lap was faster than his pole lap-outlap. Mercedes-Hamilton simply used their provisional pole position as an advantage and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.
    P620

I don't know about others, but personally I talk about his extremely slow exit from the pits.
    He definitely did it on purpose and his target was to force MV to pass him by crossing the pit exit line. Max almost did it, but he realised the game and backed off.

P620

I don't know about others, but personally I talk about his extremely slow exit from the pits.
    He definitely did it on purpose and his target was to force MV to pass him by crossing the pit exit line. Max almost did it, but he realised the game and backed off.
    It's a redundant argument, since they were still catching the cars ahead and all the drivers were driving as slow as Hamilton. Here's the driver tracker:

https://streamable.com/7jua27

During the qualifying, Nico said quite clearly that all the drivers were forced to nurse the tyres carefully because of the 60+ track temperature, even in the pitlane.

Let's talk facts:

Red Bull exited the pit and there was 6 cars ahead of them, so around the same time as everyone else.

Mercedes pulled the tire blankets off Lewis' car at 3:00 but held him in the pits waiting for Red Bull until 2:47

Lewis exited the pitlane at 2:16, Max at 2:13

Lewis sped up and slowed down to crawl on the pit exit road where it is illegal to cross the white line and held position until 2:01

So already for 46 seconds Lewis impeded Max and Red Bull where it was impossible to pass by deliberately slowing in the pit lane. This falls under the same category as Hungary 2007.

Then Lewis ran an outlap which Rosberg said was a 2:13 vs a 2:10 on his first outlap, in which he sped up in areas to prevent Max from passing, and then slowed right down again.

To top it off, Lewis ran 2 seconds slower on his last lap to ensure Max was in dirty air for his lap.

To blame Red Bull for giving themselves 2 mins and 45 seconds to get to the start finish line is ridiculous. It is a clear deliberate impeding of another driver. How it compares with Hungary 2007, there is a strong argument that it should result in a penalty. But since penalties in 2021 do not compare to that era, at the very least it is extremely unsportsmanlike.

@Tifosi1993 it just burns you up seeing Lewis coming out to be a dirty driver doesn't it?

Where the hell you pulled up all those 2:13, 2:16, 3:00's from?

Post your source man. And post the exact time delta of all the outlaps, plus the speed in the pitlane and the pit-exit.

And no, I'm just tired seeing nonsense conspiracy and the Verstappen-Red Bull lovefest in a Ferrari forum. I've already said I want both of them crash so Ferrari can benefit, unlike you of course, you seem to always getting your feelings hurt whenever Hamilton does something to Max.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Where the hell you pulled up all those 2:13, 2:16, 3:00's from?

Post your source man. And post the exact time delta of all the outlaps, plus the speed in the pitlane and the pit-exit.

And no, I'm just tired seeing nonsense conspiracy and the Verstappen-Red Bull lovefest in a Ferrari forum. I've already said I want both of them crash so Ferrari can benefit, unlike you of course, you seem to always getting your feelings hurt whenever Hamilton does something to Max.
    The live feed?

How fast was Lewis going? SLOW! Look at your own link to what he did on the pit exit road where you are supposed to speed UP. Listen to Rosberg say he was doing closer to 15 kph. Use your own eyes to see Lewis was crawling in the pitlane.

Don't try to pretend that Lewis didn't slow Max down significantly on purpose in the pits.

What everyone, that isn't a Lewis buttlicker, is mad at, is Hamilton is making tons of mistakes, driving like a jerk, dangerous and unsportsmanlike. Then has to gall to bitch and whine in the media like he's some victim. Yet this all goes without consequence. He has enjoyed a dominant car for 7 years which has made cost F1 tons and tons of fans because of how boring it got, and finally there is a car capable of challenging Mercedes, and the Stewarts and FIA are doing everything they can to keep Lewis in prime position. Can't we just get a fair fight?

I'm with you on let them race hard and watch them wreck each other from time to time. Its exciting and opens the door for teams like Ferrari to scoop up a win. That will never be the case if the guy causing the crashes gets a slap on the wrist and goes on to win the race.

I'll be honest, I've never been a fan of this track so I might be biased when I say I'm expecting a total borefest tomorrow. Ham will run away and his butler Bottas will do his best to hold everyone back. zzzZZZ

Can we get some good points? yep. can we get a podium? sadly I think not (but I live in hope!)

I don't see how we can get good points3from p7/14.
    Jnless6the guys in front decide to take a closer look to each other (aka crash).
    But in that case, I see Norris or Badly be take the win.
    I will not watch the race.

I don't see how we can get good points3from p7/14.
    Jnless6the guys in front decide to take a closer look to each other (aka crash).
    But in that case, I see Norris or Badly be take the win.
    I will not watch the race.
    I see LeClerc beating Gasly and and Norris and Sainz getting into the points. U can overtake here as tyres lose performance at different rates in different cars and that's key. I think 2 stops so timing of pit stops is key, either for undercut or fresher tyres that make overtaking far easier. This track is no longer like Monaco. All I am focusing on is Ferrari getting more points than any other team outside the RB/MERC stuff.

Nothing like the old days!! Just park your car in front of max. Hard racing!

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    The live feed?

How fast was Lewis going? SLOW! Look at your own link to what he did on the pit exit road where you are supposed to speed UP. Listen to Rosberg say he was doing closer to 15 kph. Use your own eyes to see Lewis was crawling in the pitlane.

Don't try to pretend that Lewis didn't slow Max down significantly on purpose in the pits.

What everyone, that isn't a Lewis buttlicker, is mad at, is Hamilton is making tons of mistakes, driving like a jerk, dangerous and unsportsmanlike. Then has to gall to bitch and whine in the media like he's some victim. Yet this all goes without consequence. He has enjoyed a dominant car for 7 years which has made cost F1 tons and tons of fans because of how boring it got, and finally there is a car capable of challenging Mercedes, and the Stewarts and FIA are doing everything they can to keep Lewis in prime position. Can't we just get a fair fight?

I'm with you on let them race hard and watch them wreck each other from time to time. Its exciting and opens the door for teams like Ferrari to scoop up a win. That will never be the case if the guy causing the crashes gets a slap on the wrist and goes on to win the race.
    Those were just arbitrary numbers. Live feed? then post the screenshots here. You need to back up your claim with either with visual evidence or lap time delta.

I've already posted the driver tracker here, and not some arbitrary numbers. And the tracker clearly showed that Hamilton did a normal out lap. He caught up with the Norris-Ocon-Bottas train in the sector 2. There was no deliberate slowing down. It was Verstappen-Red Bull who were desperate to pass Hamilton because they were behind. If they were so worried, the should've left the garage earlier. Probably when Gasly left. And it was Verstappne who screwed up Perez by going extremely slow in the last sector.

And there was no slowing down from Hamilton after the pit exit. But there was a deliberate slowing down from Verstappen in the last sector to keep Perez, which made Perez to miss out his final Q3 attempt. Live timing clearly showed it, driver tracker clearly showed it, stewards saw nothing wrong with Hamilton, other teams or drivers saw nothing wrong Hamilton. It's just Red Bull and the fringe minority here who always seem to have problem and look for controversy where there was none. And they fill up each thread with mindless conspiracy theories and TBH, it's getting quite boring to read all that garbage.

Like you for example, who felt the need to open up a thread questioning whether Hamilton actually received any racist abuses. And it says a lot.

So yeah, I'm quite enjoying the Ham-Ver dogfight. Unlike some people here ofcouse, who are seem to be getting angry rather than enjoying the Mercedes-Red Bull imploding.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 1st August 2021 at 05:50.

Hoping we might get a collision at the front. Sainz probably go long, could do with a SC.

I think Ham will just cruise to another win, the chickenwingman will help him build an early lead, and that will be it.