Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hungarian GP 2021 : Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    RIP racing if that ever happens.....
    I am sorry, I thought that racing is already dead.
    I mean, in what universe someone crashes into someone and the victim team gets penalized?
    I thought that racing should be about... racing and not about accounting, but what do I know?

Since F1 wants cost capping, you break it , you pay for it.
    No , racing will be just fine if you ask me, since this is the racing they want. With accountants, counting the beans and all that.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    RIP racing if that ever happens.....

It might have to happen. If a scenario ever comes up where a team is handicapped from advancing their cars and lose a championship because of cost cap & budget restraints due to damages caused to their cars by others, that would be a farce. There has to be a way to balance that. As it stands now, Red Bull have been hit hard by their competitor's actions while their competitor benefits, not only in the races but in future development. Mercs can allocate funds to new parts and development, whereas RedBull and now Ferrari have to allocate funds to repairing cars. Maybe those repairs should not be tied to the budget cap if it's deemed the cause of the damage to be someone else's fault entirely.
    Not sure but seems this budget cap just opens a can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    It might have to happen. If a scenario ever comes up where a team is handicapped from advancing their cars and lose a championship because of cost cap & budget restraints due to damages caused to their cars by others, that would be a farce. There has to be a way to balance that. As it stands now, Red Bull have been hit hard by their competitor's actions while their competitor benefits, not only in the races but in future development. Mercs can allocate funds to new parts and development, whereas RedBull and now Ferrari have to allocate funds to repairing cars. Maybe those repairs should not be tied to the budget cap if it's deemed the cause of the damage to be someone else's fault entirely.
    It's a thing to be exploited.

Toto said it best.
    A minor accident with huge implications.

Yeah ,I say racing is dead unless THIS changes to something else.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    They will just accept crash damage when caused by another driver is not included in the cap I imagine, even then it would need to be pretty clear cut like Bottas on Norris. Smaller teams are not going to be able to afford to pay for damages to another team really and defeats the whole purpose of the cap as it's designed to help those teams.
    Forza Ferrari

F-1 should allow a T car for each team. Make rules to how they can be used . One car for each driver with a million rules as far as if their car needs work is really hurting our sport.