Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hungarian GP 2021 : Practices and Qualifying

Hungarian GP 2021 : Practices and Qualifying

Let's see how Max's crashed ICE does in FP1.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Let's see how Max's crashed ICE does in FP1.
    I'd rather focus on how Ferrari are doing. Leclerc has said he is not great against his teammates here and so far Sainz looks to have a few tenths on him. Of course RB and Merc are expected to be faster so as usual this year I am looking at all the cars behind those two and how Ferrari fit in. Seems good so far.

With Bottas on it already a podium looks unlikely then, meh...

I guess there's a lot of focus on tyre durability right now though considering Budapest will be blazingly hot this weekend so there might be some more pace at hand.

The 1st picture doesnt look so good!!! both on the fast lap and on race pace. our times mirrors our place on the timeshit . Around 10th for both our drivers. i was expecting a better picture on this track. On the other hand ,on the last races, more or less we kind of hiding our true pace. we will see !!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

There's no way in hell the car that took pole in Monaco would be 0.7 s off (Sainz) in S3 which basically is a carbon copy of that track. Looks like they were just trying race setups more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    There's no way in hell the car that took pole in Monaco would be 0.7 s off (Sainz) in S3 which basically is a carbon copy of that track. Looks like they were just trying race setups more than anything.
    Ferrari said they dont expect a Monaco performance. The heat didn't help us either.

Layout is similar to Monaco but current cars carry so much downforce and they can go really fast around Hungarian track.

I hope these times are due to focusing on race pace again.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

I don't expect anything better than 7-8 on quali. For the race, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    I don't expect anything better than 7-8 on quali. For the race, we will see.
    What IF mother nature throws a kink into qualifying and the race?

Strong thunderstorms forecast for southern Slovakia on Sunday so that might play a role considering Budapest is close to the border.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I doubt it. We just aren't that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I believe that's what Ferrari is focusing on; the race; esp our two drivers. Just look where focusing on quali has gotten Williams drivers and team come race time !

Forecast says 80% of rain this morning and 40% for tomorrow. Max temp 28C today but over 30C tomorrow.

much better (us we expected) . lets see in 2 hours!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

P4-P5 looks to clearly be within reach providing Pérez can't figure S2 out. Then again, I think Leclerc will find some extra tenths when it matters to put himself well within half a second - he did a rather good time on old mediums mid-session.

Still, rather disappointing that just turns 4, 5 and 11 can screw up so much for the car. Seems like they have to deliberately set the car up for that - negating mechanical grip in S3 which should be the car's strong sector.

Allways stay positive: Charles will qualify in 4th place and at the start he will pass Bottas. Podium.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Looks more positive than yesterday. Thought we'd be a bit quicker through S3

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Looks more positive than yesterday. Thought we'd be a bit quicker through S3
    Looks like we are preserving our tires through S3....could be a compromise for race. Hope we can qualify ahead of Perez and Norris come Q3.

So have HAM,VER, BOT in top 3 in varying orders in 95% of all sessions this season, with Perez alternating between 4th and 12th. It just is not a coincidence anymore, right? How good are Verstappen or how immensly bad are Perez? This years Red Bull is much better than previous cars but still Perez is struggling mightily. Red Bull must be so frustrated their 2nd driver cant even see the back of Hamiltons car outside of street races all seasong long. Perez is literally useless to them.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    So have HAM,VER, BOT in top 3 in varying orders in 95% of all sessions this season, with Perez alternating between 4th and 12th. It just is not a coincidence anymore, right? How good are Verstappen or how immensly bad are Perez? This years Red Bull is much better than previous cars but still Perez is struggling mightily. Red Bull must be so frustrated their 2nd driver cant even see the back of Hamiltons car outside of street races all seasong long. Perez is literally useless to them.
    I know right.. The same can also be said about the MCL drivers. While Norris is usually ahead in the pack, Ric somehow is behind, atleast in the race. But yeah, Kudos to both the Merc drivers for staying in close proximity to each other though it may not work at times.(Baku)

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I believe that's what Ferrari is focusing on; the race; esp our two drivers. Just look where focusing on quali has gotten Williams drivers and team come race time !
    Fairly close to the top 10 on numerous ocassions. Not bad at all.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    True. Perez's performance should be very worrying.
    Forza Ferrari

CS nice lap

CL 1st lap was really bad

Perez really sucks today