Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Italian 2021 : Practices/Sprint/Sprint Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    We need atleast 50hp from our current deficit next year to somewhat have a chance of WCC against the likes of Mercedes and Honda.
    Nevertheless, satisfied with us reaching till Q3. If we could finish in top 10 in the race, I will gladly accept it.
    if you're taking into account our current defecit, plus whatever advancements we expect Honda and Mercedes to make for next season, you're about right. From where we are now, we need to find 40-50 horses by start of next season just to get parity.

We'll see what the new parts do, because if it is indeed the MGU-K and it helps pull the Ferrari out of corners better, it can go a long way. Then factor in the way it will help us with setups and consequently tyre wear, it could have a pretty big impact.

I hope that we are consistently best of the rest, and there to take home a victory when things go wrong at the front.

I mean, 15 bph more and Leclerc wins Silverstone, even without the Hamilton penalty.

For next year Ferrari must found 40-50 hp…. Mercedes and Honda are in my opinion in the end of development of the engine. I don’t believe that they can found for 2022 40-50 hp if they are doing legal.

Ferrari had to change Leclerc's PU to an older unit. Most likely it's detuned as well. Not a good weekend for Leclerc.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Sainz.

Now definitely a gearbox penalty to look forward to after another stupid Carlos mistake. Shakes head.

Sainz is just second tier driver

Well, that sucks.

Our drivers need to stop binning the cars every weekend
    Last edited by Rob; 11th September 2021 at 13:34.

Oh dear.
    Contrary to popular belief, black lives matter.
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari had to change Leclerc's PU to an older unit. Most likely it's detuned as well. Not a good weekend for Leclerc.
    It seems like bad planning to me to not have the engine upgrade ready for Monza.
    Contrary to popular belief, black lives matter.
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Our drivers need to stop binning the cars every weekend ffs
    Besides Monaco, Charles has kept it clean during Saturdays and Sundays and that's what matters. This is Sainz' seventh problem on those two days this season and that's just not good enough. He's clearly not in control because I believe he's stressed out about the times Charles usually does and the end result is either matching him to the tenth or sticking it in walls. In a cost cap regulation without T-cars that's not good enough.

Hopefully Sainz's car is ready for the sprint race.

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Our drivers need to stop binning the cars every weekend ffs
    People gave crap to Seb, when he started to crash pushing the car last year and look... both of our drivers are doing it now. It just proves the point, that the cars Ferrari are making now are way too hard to drive on the limit. Drivers are good, even Vettel was, the car is trash, that's the only problem. We could have had anyone driving it and it would be the same as now.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

When doing 1:26 laps working on tyre management there's no reason to try and ace the corner exit of the Ascari entrance like it's a Q2 flier though. Completely on Sainz. Just a dumb move all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    People gave crap to Seb, when he started to crash pushing the car last year and look... both of our drivers are doing it now. It just proves the point, that the cars Ferrari are making now are way too hard to drive on the limit. Drivers are good, even Vettel was, the car is trash, that's the only problem. We could have had anyone driving it and it would be the same as now.
    It's different. Vettel is still spinning around in the races.

Leclerc and Max are crashing in Free practice too. It's way different when you crash during FP and the race.

Charles apparently feeling slightly unwell. Hope he and Carlos's car will be fine by the time Sprint Race comes. Our weekend has potential going from decent to worse

Oh hell, why can't we have a straightforward weekend? Carlos binned it again and Charles feeling ill, can't get any worse, we don't even have a spare driver. Hope we won't need it.

FP2 speed traps are interesting. LeClerc slowest by far on 319. Was going to say proves Ferrari engine is so week bu Sainz is up on a 334. Alfa Romeos very fast as well. Same at RB. Perez fastest at 346, Verstappen much slower on 325. Really mixed up. I know if u get a tow it can really change things, however most had a tow so doesnt seem much in it.

[Formula Passion] Charles Leclerc is currently in the medical center. Nausea and headache for the Monegasque driver
    Man...

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    FP2 speed traps are interesting. LeClerc slowest by far on 319. Was going to say proves Ferrari engine is so week bu Sainz is up on a 334. Alfa Romeos very fast as well. Same at RB. Perez fastest at 346, Verstappen much slower on 325. Really mixed up. I know if u get a tow it can really change things, however most had a tow so doesnt seem much in it.
    Could be related to poor health of Leclerc.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Oh hell, why can't we have a straightforward weekend? Carlos binned it again and Charles feeling ill, can't get any worse, we don't even have a spare driver. Hope we won't need it.
    Wasn't last year not enough?

Charles is back in the garage.

NOTE: Curva Parabolica has been renamed Curva Alboreto.

With all respect to Michele (RIP) that's a terrible idea because to me that is like renaming Eau Rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Charles is back in the garage.

NOTE: Curva Parabolica has been renamed Curva Alboreto.
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...eglio/6665015/

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I agree with you to some extent. But you are F1 driver best of the best (except those payed drivers), you should adapt to the tool given to you. I know one was great Michael Schumacher. who was able to do miracles with really bad cars, and I don't expect CS or any pother of new generation drivers to be like him (everyone is moaning about everything), but as I said adapt to tool you have given and show us your best! CS is just not that good...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I agree with you to some extent. But you are F1 driver best of the best (except those payed drivers), you should adapt to the tool given to you. I know one was great Michael Schumacher. who was able to do miracles with really bad cars, and I don't expect CS or any pother of new generation drivers to be like him (everyone is moaning about everything), but as I said adapt to tool you have given and show us your best! CS is just not that good...
    Well, you've got to give Sainz a chance.
    Among all the new transfers, he's doing a spectacular job compared to the likes of Ricciardo and Perez.
    He performed magnificently at a lot of races.

You are entitled to your opinion.
    I'm just saying, give Sainz a chance.

*Remember; Schumacher wasn't the only aspect that played a part in Ferrari's ressuragence.
    Last edited by Toothlessrage*; 11th September 2021 at 15:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Well, you've got to give Sainz a chance.
    Among all the new transfers, he's doing a spectacular job compared to the likes of Ricciardo and Perez.
    He performed magnificently at a lot of races.

You are entitled to your opinion.
    I'm just saying, give Sainz a chance.

*Remember; Schumacher wasn't the only aspect that played a part in Ferrari's ressuragence.
    You are right. Let's give lad a chance, and see how he is performing if next year Ferrari finally build decent car!

i don't have any issues with our drivers currently. Leclerc bounced back in Baku nicely from the incident in Monaco.

Although i think there is reason to believe, as Peter Windsor has suggested, that Carlos' mistakes in Hungary and Netherlands, were Carlos pushing a little too hard to make the car go as fast as Leclerc.

If the stay 6th and 7th would be nice