Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Italian 2021 : Practices/Sprint/Sprint Qualifying

Italian 2021 : Practices/Sprint/Sprint Qualifying

Weather looks good all 3 days.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

We are slow. I knew that, but still...

Looking at that Practice session I'd be surprised if it gets any better than that during qualy.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    We are slow. I knew that, but still...
    It’s the engine mate....we can only do so much with the donkey we have that lacks 25 or so horses

The new components for the power unit cannot come fast enough....of course we still won’t be fighting wit Merc and red bull, but at least we’ll be in a much better place to fight with our rival McLaren

Lewis on Mediums and no tow. Mercedes pu is really strong. McLean looks very strong too.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Lewis on Mediums and no tow. Mercedes pu is really strong. McLean looks very strong too.
    You surprised about McLaren? I’m not, they have a Merc engine....

Unfortunately LH will wipe everyone

No surprises for us in FP1, we knew this was likely to show our real weakness and quali, sprint and actual GP it will be magnified when we are passed on the straights. All we can hope for is damage limitation in every sense.

I think Leclerc will pick up a few stray points this weekend (1-6 points) after all if he stays inbounds during Q2 that is.

For Sainz, it's going to be harder but anything can happen. Definitely a big step forward from last year either way.

Easy front row lock out for Mercedes

We all know this tune now let's sing along ferrari is so slow do da do da ferrari is so slow all a do da day.Its becoming a farce power my friends is this answer and and this point we simply do not have it.

CL with some engine problems

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    We all know this tune now let's sing along ferrari is so slow do da do da ferrari is so slow all a do da day.Its becoming a farce power my friends is this answer and and this point we simply do not have it.
    Unfortunately I am not talking about Ferrari being slow, but easy 1-2 from Mercedes against MV

Both to Q3 is a positive surprise now hopefully both in the fourth row at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Both to Q3 is a positive surprise now hopefully both in the fourth row at least.
    Yeap. Something like that

P7-P8 is a good result on a track like this. I hope they fix Charles' engine braking for tomorrow because that probably doesn't help. Carlos did a really good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    P7-P8 is a good result on a track like this. I hope they fix Charles' engine braking for tomorrow because that probably doesn't help. Carlos did a really good job.
    if they finish where they are in the race, i'll take it.

Qualifying went better than expected. I was expecting P10-P14 for tomorrow's sprint qualifying, but we have both cars in Q3.

Better than expected quali and hope whatever gremlin Charles had with his brake by wire system has been sorted, so both of them on the 4th row for the sprint. Usual mayhem in quali with everyone looking for tows. Good job by both of them, considering the power deficit. Carlos quicker than Charles this time, but only just!

If Ferrari this year with updates engine found 15 hp ( Sochi or Turkeys),
    and for next year 2022 they can found in my opinion 20-30 hp, Ferrari can after 2019 have agin the most power engine.. And after all this today is a good result I just hope that can do a little better for the race .

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    If Ferrari this year with updates engine found 15 hp ( Sochi or Turkeys),
    and for next year 2022 they can found in my opinion 20-30 hp, Ferrari can after 2019 have agin the most power engine.. And after all this today is a good result I just hope that can do a little better for the race .
    Again, the 15HP number is just a rumor. But the upgrades that are coming will be significant because Ferrari is still using last year's PU components. They haven't touched/upgraded the energy harvesting (MGU-H and MGU-K) side of the PU, two very important components.

Ferrari run with larger rear wing. Maybe for better tire management. Race pace should be better. Ferrari engine is not that bad if Gio beat two Astons with Mercedes power

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Ferrari run with larger rear wing. Maybe for better tire management. Race pace should be better. Ferrari engine is not that bad if Gio beat two Astons with Mercedes power
    And if yiu look at the speed traps tifosi1993 posted, Carlos was at 340, only Latifi had the better speed trap of 344....so we ain’t that bad.... it still lack 25 ponies or so

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    And if yiu look at the speed traps tifosi1993 posted, Carlos was at 340, only Latifi had the better speed trap of 344....so we ain’t that bad.... it still lack 25 ponies or so
    The speed trap data are very untelling unfortunately. If you watch the onboards, the top speeds were all over the place. All the the higher top speeds were attained with a draft. In clean air, Leclerc barely hit 330 kph.

I feel that top end isn't the problem with this engine it's first half of the straight where the energy storage comes into play that kills the car down the straights more than anything. Red Bull avoid getting overtaken by accelerating better but then the Ferrari engine catches up by the time energy storage is no longer an issue. The problem with that is that it's too little and too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Clearly shows the power advantage of the Mercedes. Coming out of the corners is where the teams use Maximum energy deployment.

We need atleast 50hp from our current deficit next year to somewhat have a chance of WCC against the likes of Mercedes and Honda.
    Nevertheless, satisfied with us reaching till Q3. If we could finish in top 10 in the race, I will gladly accept it.