Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 104

Thread: US GP 2021 - Practice and Qualifying

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,851

    US GP 2021 - Practice and Qualifying

    Hope we can continue to show progress here
    Forza Ferrari

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    175
    Forza Ferrari!!
    I feel Charles is going to be good here, no idea why. it's just a feeling I have. Maybe a podium?

    also Bottas 3rd engine change in 4 races, another penalty lol. I think they do it to keep him away from Hammy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    356
    Not much to talk about that session. Mercedes continue to exploit the regs, taking engine changes because they'll only get a 5 place penalty now. Also something very dodgy with there speed but still a refusal from the FIA to look into it. It'll only be there downfall as people don't tune in to watch processions as we've seen over the last 8 years.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,851
    Looks like Red Bull are falling away badly against Mercedes.
    Forza Ferrari

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Looks like Red Bull are falling away badly against Mercedes.
    It was good while it lasted

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,865
    Sure that taxi speed is legal...

    maFIA sees nothing wrong.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,737
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Sure that taxi speed is legal...

    maFIA sees nothing wrong.
    Of course, they wanna hand him the 8th at any cost….

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    1,166
    I have been saying this over and over, they have been toying with everyone for years, they have so much reserve that they only up the engine enough to win these championships. This year only 6 races left so they don't want to take this any further so they up the engine again. Probably it will be over 1.5 seconds faster than rest of the field at full power.
    Red is the only color!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    7,169
    I think the Merc ran with higher mode than usual. Bottas now on his 6th PU, so something's not right with the PU. Probably pushing the engine a bit harder in Friday practice to check and verify some data.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Not much to talk about that session. Mercedes continue to exploit the regs, taking engine changes because they'll only get a 5 place penalty now. Also something very dodgy with there speed but still a refusal from the FIA to look into it. It'll only be there downfall as people don't tune in to watch processions as we've seen over the last 8 years.
    I'm asking to myself : aren't they working their next ICE in this reworked 2021 one ?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    7,169

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    175
    Something VERY dodgy about that Merc engine. if it was a Ferrari or Honda, they would be checking it out but as always Merc gets a free pass because the FIA want goldenboy to have more titles. Makes me want to puke, the sheer unfairness of it all. I swear the FIA are now as corrupt as FIFA.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,170
    I can guarantee we're not 1.5 seconds off pole. Surely running the old engine and not pushing so hard for laptimes either.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,865
    https://streamable.com/j0vhsx

    This is why taxi's where so fast in Turkey. Look at how much the car drops ha no moveable aero part sure.

    So they are going to exploit every race the 5 grid place penalty and get a new ICE + partry mode again pffff.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,537
    The butler bottas has been given engine change to protect 3 chains when he is leading,and to fend of any attack,just doing the job of the butler for 3 chains.Ferrari will surprise.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I can guarantee we're not 1.5 seconds off pole. Surely running the old engine and not pushing so hard for laptimes either.
    Agree, but how that fast is already Merc! I tried to see their load and found no answer yet
    Last edited by Gilles; 22nd October 2021 at 20:50.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    https://streamable.com/j0vhsx

    This is why taxi's where so fast in Turkey. Look at how much the car drops ha no moveable aero part sure.

    So they are going to exploit every race the 5 grid place penalty and get a new ICE + partry mode again pffff.
    Saw that, have they reversed their deficit of rake?
    Could explain their top speed without having to push the PU more than they usually do on friday
    Last edited by Gilles; 22nd October 2021 at 20:44.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    3,119
    A little odd performance on those FPs !!!! I cant think that we are behind Stroll and a bit ahead of Gio!!!!!And almost 0.5s behind McL's !!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    3,119
    On race pace we are somewhere there. We look to be a bit in front of McL. About 0.1-0.2 s / lap
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    356
    Haven't seen any proper data but we look slower than anticipated. Maybe we are holding something back but I doubt it..

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    2,866
    I think WEC and GT cars look better at COTA

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    slovenia
    Posts
    237
    Ferrari using in this 1 in 2 new engine or old one ? If they used old one I think they can be good in is new one than they have problems with Mclaren …

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Ferrari using in this 1 in 2 new engine or old one ? If they used old one I think they can be good in is new one than they have problems with Mclaren …
    Regularly we use order engines in FPs (like most of the teams) . I think today we also run older ones. We will see tomorrow.
    On race pace we where not bad .We where faster then McLs
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    slovenia
    Posts
    237
    Yes i think that in the race Ferrari can fight for podiums..

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Yes i think that in the race Ferrari can fight for podiums..
    Unfortunately not quite there. We where a lot slower them Merc-RBR .From 0 5 to 1 d / lap. Even Perez seems to be on the top so unless something happens to the top 4 where are clearly looking foe 3d best !!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,951
    It's too soon to make assumptions. Wait till qualifying and more so, wait till the race to see Ferrari's race pace on a full tank of gas....like everyone else.

    Then we'll see if this "upgraded" PU has been "upgraded."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    144
    just my opinion... but What a ******** story by mercs on... we lost some ground to red bull in fp2....
    they have just simply detuned after all the hype on their extra speed so as to hide what a bunch of cheats they actually are........

  28. #28
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    just my opinion... but What a ******** story by mercs on... we lost some ground to red bull in fp2....
    they have just simply detuned after all the hype on their extra speed so as to hide what a bunch of cheats they actually are........

    ^this i totally agree

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,170
    You're a sitting duck at Austin without tyre durabilty and it's also a track where the differences between the old and new engine should be among the greatest all season so it would make sense to focus exclusively on durability and general set-up. FP3 will say a lot more.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    just my opinion... but What a ******** story by mercs on... we lost some ground to red bull in fp2....
    they have just simply detuned after all the hype on their extra speed so as to hide what a bunch of cheats they actually are........
    Absolutely spot on
    Red is the only color!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •