Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US GP 2021 - Practice and Qualifying

One row per team

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I think the Merc ran with higher mode than usual. Bottas now on his 6th PU, so something's not right with the PU. Probably pushing the engine a bit harder in Friday practice to check and verify some data.
    Guess I will quote myself here.

As always, people were again overhyping and blaming the FIA for Mercedes's performance. But they were simply running on higher engine mode.

Well done Charles, P5. Will start on P4 because of the Bottas penalty.

Both are ahead of the Mclaren.

Best we could of done, plus Bottas 5 place penalty, will take that!!!

Not bad

Sky soooooo depressed that Verstappen took that pole lmao

Great job ferrari, seems like we are comfortably the 3rd fastest team. On our way up!!!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Good job !!!!!! Well done from both our drivers !!!!!
    4-5 on the grid tomorrow!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Good results in the race will be good with tires for Ferrari.

Pretty safe to assume that, without the upgrade, Ferrari would've been behind the Mclaren here. And we're not even running the full power yet.

Engine looking really, really good now.

Thanks for posting that so quickly @Tifosi1993

Shocked that RBR was faster and it wasn't just the Max's Magic, Perez was also very very fast. Nearly on pole. The Mercs were hitting 320ish kph, but I noticed Ham hit 323 and set the fastest S2 by quite a margin. I think the Merc's definitely still have a sizeable power advantage when in full power. Hopefully the Red Bull's can stay ahead on the straights in the race.

Ferrari, best of the rest and another fine job by Sainz. The Ferrari - Mclaren battle is extremely tight and it's nice to see Ricciardo in the fight as well, even though it isn't in Ferrari's best interest. It's also bad news for Gasly, as his usual P6 will be in jeopardy for the rest of the season.

I’m very optimistic for 2022 for Ferrari… They do very good in this season. In the race they can fight for podium independence how good will do with the tires.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Thanks for posting that so quickly @Tifosi1993

Shocked that RBR was faster and it wasn't just the Max's Magic, Perez was also very very fast. Nearly on pole. The Mercs were hitting 320ish kph, but I noticed Ham hit 323 and set the fastest S2 by quite a margin. I think the Merc's definitely still have a sizeable power advantage when in full power. Hopefully the Red Bull's can stay ahead on the straights in the race.

Ferrari, best of the rest and another fine job by Sainz. The Ferrari - Mclaren battle is extremely tight and it's nice to see Ricciardo in the fight as well, even though it isn't in Ferrari's best interest. It's also bad news for Gasly, as his usual P6 will be in jeopardy for the rest of the season.
    No problem.

Yup, the Merc had quite a big advantage in the sector 2 throughout the qualifying. I can see another spicy battle between Max-Ham at the start here.

With our new upgraded PU, I don't expect Mclaren to pull up that big of a fight here. Our race pace has been better than our qualifying pace since France, after we made some changes with the setup. But I can see Sainz getting the jump ahead of Charles due to being on softs. So IMO, Ferrari needs to play the team game here. Our main job should be keeping the Mclaren behind at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    No problem.

Yup, the Merc had quite a big advantage in the sector 2 throughout the qualifying. I can see another spicy battle between Max-Ham at the start here.

With our new upgraded PU, I don't expect Mclaren to pull up that big of a fight here. Our race pace has been better than our qualifying pace since France, after we made some changes with the setup. But I can see Sainz getting the jump ahead of Charles due to being on softs. So IMO, Ferrari needs to play the team game here. Our main job should be keeping the Mclaren behind at the start.
    I missed that Sainz is starting on softs. I agree about the team game and fortunate Sainz and Leclerc are both trusting in doing what is best for the team. They will have some strategy options for sure. It will be a fascinating battle that I hope the TV director shows during the race.

Great job on the Ferrari upgrade and Nice job on Sainz and Leclerc.

Now race-pace tomorrow.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Loving how different things are in the states, none of the drivers and interviewers wearing masks! Such a refreshing change to see our drivers faces!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Yeah the covid lunacy didn't hit Texas for long, they cancelled the restrictions crap a long time ago.

I'm a bit disappointed with the time gap to pole position, but the positions are very good. Considering Bottler didn't look so fast today I think there's a chance both cars could finish where they qualified and have another good points day. With there being no fast turns and at high elevation in Mexico, hopefully at the very least one of our cars could beat Hammy there and maybe go for the win.

I believe both Charles and Carlos will drive away effortlessly from McLaren tomorrow, I think they've trimmed off to be as fast as possible over one lap in a bid to outqualify us.

Edit: cba
    Last edited by patrese86; 23rd October 2021 at 22:54.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    For yesterday and every Friday till the end of the season !!!!!
    I have been telling the same thing since last race that Ferrari's hybrid system cannot be used in the old PU. Finally we got the confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Sky soooooo depressed that Verstappen took that pole lmao
    You should have listened to Brundie saying Perez topping for a brief moment was outside of his paycheck. So disgusting!!
    Just because Sky F1 is on Merc payroll doesn't mean everyone should be!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Yeah the covid lunacy didn't hit Texas for long, they cancelled the restrictions crap a long time ago.

I'm a bit disappointed with the time gap to pole position, but the positions are very good. Considering Bottler didn't look so fast today I think there's a chance both cars could finish where they qualified and have another good points day. With there being no fast turns and at high elevation in Mexico, hopefully at the very least one of our cars could beat Hammy there and maybe go for the win.

I believe both Charles and Carlos will drive away effortlessly from McLaren tomorrow, I think they've trimmed off to be as fast as possible over one lap in a bid to outqualify us.
    Not sure the elevation could change anything due to the use of a tubocharger
    Like you, I'm happy with today's result, knowing the track is less favorable than in Turkey, but it's a little bit frustrating.
    I hope that today they will well manage the tires, hot temps are expected and it could be a weakness one more time
    Also, CS is on softs (why?), not great, team mistake ?
    On the clean side with such rubbers he may pass CL at the start, how the pitwall will manage that, knowing the softs will lost in performance before the mediums?
    Last edited by Gilles; 24th October 2021 at 09:08.

The biggest winner is F-1 not having Merc on pole! Fans are back to watching and not knowing who's to be on the podium! And.. Ferrari back to being with the top contenders. We have two great drivers for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Not sure the elevation could change anything due to the use of a tubocharger
    Like you, I'm happy with today's result, knowing the track is less favorable than in Turkey, but it's a little bit frustrating.
    I hope that today they will well manage the tires, hot temps are expected and it could be a weakness one more time
    Also, CS is on softs (why?), not great, team mistake ?
    On the clean side with such rubbers he may pass CL at the start, how the pitwall will manage that, knowing the softs will lost in performance before the mediums?
    Simple. Team orders and a more aggressive two-stopper. I expect Carlos in at laps 10-12 and then go for mediums in a bid to make up track position for his eventual second stop for hards to the end.

As for the elevation, Mexico is infamous for having Red Bull processions back in the era where the Mercedes engine really lit it up. It makes a ton of difference up on 2,300 metres.

Funny to see that after 1 race Ted Bull knows what the taxi's are doing and they have a fix for that, and it works.

Meanwhile clowns at Ferrari...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Good to see Charles and Carlos starting P4/5 after BOT's penalty, tyres will determine what they can do and Pirelli think it's possibly a 2-stopper, so maybe Carlos on the softs isn't too silly. Hope to avoid any problems at the start, our upgrades are definitely in the right direction but those Mclarens are too close for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Funny to see that after 1 race Ted Bull knows what the taxi's are doing and they have a fix for that, and it works.

Meanwhile clowns at Ferrari...
    ???????????
    Why do you compare this year's RedBull that they fighting for the championship with Ferrari who just learning things for next year ???
    AND my common question to guys like you ??? If you consider that the team are a bunch of clowns , why do you support them ????
    i cant undestand people that consider themselves fans of a team , only when the win , and all the other times are SO hard on them and speaking with the worst words !!!! You dont have a single difference from competitor teams fans,so why dont you join them ?????
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    You should have listened to Brundie saying Perez topping for a brief moment was outside of his paycheck. So disgusting!!
    Just because Sky F1 is on Merc payroll doesn't mean everyone should be!!
    I definitely heard it, absolute trash. I keep saying it, the faster Merc and Hamilton stop winning, the better it is for all F1 fans. They are so toxic to the sport.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The biggest winner is F-1 not having Merc on pole! Fans are back to watching and not knowing who's to be on the podium! And.. Ferrari back to being with the top contenders. We have two great drivers for sure.
    0.7-0.8 slower, so not there yet. Hopefully race pace is better, we`ll see.

....and because we have 2 great drivers, we can trust, that 0.7-0.8 is actual and real picture.