Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F1 fan survey - Ferrari down to 3rd most popular team

F1 fan survey - Ferrari down to 3rd most popular team

Not sure it means too much but survey has McLaren most popular F1 team now with Ferrari down to third behind them and Red Bull possibly due to their social media content?

Driver wise Max on top....

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...lw9vmSyBs.html
    Forza Ferrari

I'm not overly fond of "fan" surveys. What was the age group of said survey??? How long have these "fans" been following F1???

It's like this, I've had many debates, some heated, with 20 something and 30 something year olds whom state that Lebron James is the all-time GOAT. I give them stats and rings about Michael Jordan.....and there's silence.....please.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I'm not overly fond of "fan" surveys. What was the age group of said survey??? How long have these "fans" been following F1???

It's like this, I've had many debates, some heated, with 20 something and 30 something year olds whom state that Lebron James is the all-time GOAT. I give them stats and rings about Michael Jordan.....and there's silence.....please.
    The link breaks it down quite nicely survey was open to all age groups, seems the youngsters prefer Max and Lando driver wise.
    Forza Ferrari

The English-speaking world will have been the primary respondents of that thing. Ferrari are much bigger than McLaren in Southern Europe, Germany and Latin America but they're less likely to find a survey heavily geared towards an anglophone audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    The English-speaking world will have been the primary respondents of that thing. Ferrari are much bigger than McLaren in Southern Europe, Germany and Latin America but they're less likely to find a survey heavily geared towards an anglophone audience.
    Ferrari topped previous surveys.
    Forza Ferrari

What has been left unsaid about the numbers for team Mercedes and Hamilton? Does anyone recall the figures during the Ferrari/Schumacher
    year(s) for comparison? FORZA FERRARI!!!

This is a pommy survey and pro English., England have far bigger issues than a pathetic survey to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    This is a pommy survey and pro English., England have far bigger issues than a pathetic survey to deal with.
    47% of votes came from Europe I think, not just England either....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Not sure it means too much but survey has McLaren most popular F1 team now with Ferrari down to third behind them and Red Bull possibly due to their social media content?

Driver wise Max on top....

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...lw9vmSyBs.html
    Seems like a reasonable possibility. But like any survey, how they collect and filter the data can have big changes in results. McLaren is the most popular team supposedly, but notice Lando and Ricciardo are two of the top 4 most popular drivers. So it's possible that people really like the "content" that Mclaren/McLaren drivers are putting out (this includes all interviews and appearances on the F1 feeds), but if you ask 100,000 people which team they would most like to see winning races, I bet Ferrari still tops the sheets.

There also a lot of people that jump ship and choose the winning drivers/teams as their favorite. Funny enough, once a team or driver wins too much, the people turn against them.

Most F1-related public stunts target the new audience/"casuals", so it isn't surprising.
    Also, when you look at it Ricciardo has always had a good following since 2014, and Norris since 2020.

Ferrari has always been the target of a lot of hate since the Schumacher era. It's been at an all-time high since
    2019-2020 because of how Ferrari handled Vettel and the apparent favoritism towards Leclerc.

Maybe the crowds have forgotten (or don't know) how Vettel was overly-favored over Kimi or even Webber.
    Or, maybe the crowds have forgotten that Vettel was 2nd highest-paid driver in the market till 2020.

Personally, I found the hate for Ferrari to be most evident towards the 2018 British GP.

I never trusted the official F1 site to be biased in its reporting, but they make it pretty obvious who
    they spread their legs for.

NOTE: No hate towards anyone, it'd be stupid not to milk that cash cow when it's ripe.
    Last edited by Toothlessrage*; 23rd October 2021 at 08:13.

Like most surveys, these are pretty meaningless when apparently most respondents were in the lower age groups. Another pointless exercise/comparison IMO.

I tried to answer it myself but fell asleep after five minutes due to the pointless questions

From the top to bottom; every driver wants to drive or have driven for for Ferrari during their F-1 career. Especially now that the 1,2 orders have stopped. And ..... WDC, WCC wise team Ferrari is still on top!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    From the top to bottom; every driver wants to drive or have driven for for Ferrari during their F-1 career. Especially now that the 1,2 orders have stopped. And ..... WDC, WCC wise team Ferrari is still on top!!
    pretty sure every driver has wanted to drive for Mercedes over the last 7 years. Driving for Ferrari takes a back seat to winning a championship. Now driving for Ferrari with a realistic chance of winning a championship, that's a dream come true!

I wouldn't pay too much attention to this popularity survey. Lando is a very likable guy, he's active on social media and twitch. Max is taking it to Hamilton for the first time since Nico and his aggressive nature attracts support. Hamilton is obviously popular amongst Brits and Americans I'd guess. At the end of the day I doubt Schumacher would of won any popularity contest and he's the goat so it's not something id put too much stock in

47% of votes came from Europe I think, not just England either....
    Since it's part of what I do to analyze and crunch data (I am a SME of business analytics and data warehouse systems) , I spent time reading this report. Big audience however it seems to me they targeted specifically a younger audience (close to 40%) and that could very well explain the results.

However, that could be a nice trigger for Ferrari to try to capture said audience. But quite honestly I would not give too much attention to whole this.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Like most surveys, these are pretty meaningless when apparently most respondents were in the lower age groups. Another pointless exercise/comparison IMO.
    Exactly that.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    pretty sure every driver has wanted to drive for Mercedes over the last 7 years. Driving for Ferrari takes a back seat to winning a championship. Now driving for Ferrari with a realistic chance of winning a championship, that's a dream come true!
    I believe drivers would rather be with Ferrari and fight to win and put the team back on top Any driver winning @ Merc will be labeled " It's the car not the driver." Meanwhile the young and new F-1 fans are rightfully into what they see as far as the new era cars drivers etc. The older fans are into remembering and comparing . Give Charles and Carlos a contending car and Ferrari will be again on top and along will come the young and new F-1 fans.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Since it's part of what I do to analyze and crunch data (I am a SME of business analytics and data warehouse systems) , I spent time reading this report. Big audience however it seems to me they targeted specifically a younger audience (close to 40%) and that could very well explain the results.

However, that could be a nice trigger for Ferrari to try to capture said audience. But quite honestly I would not give too much attention to whole this.
    So we should dismiss younger audiences who will become the future of F1....ok then
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post

Exactly my point as I had posted earlier.

So we should dismiss younger audiences who will become the future of F1....ok then
    These younger fans of F1 are fickle. They are also social media "junkie's." Wait tlll the aero change coming in 2022....wait another 3 to 4 years and do another survey. I'm pretty sure it will change from this current survey. There is very little loyalty with the younger crowd.

These younger fans of F1 are fickle. They are also social media "junkie's." Wait tlll the aero change coming in 2022....wait another 3 to 4 years and do another survey. I'm pretty sure it will change from this current survey. There is very little loyalty with the younger crowd.
    And you base this on what?
    Forza Ferrari

And you base this on what?
    My daughter, or younger people I have discussions or debates with in F1 or the NBA or the NFL. Personal experience. Most younger people have no loyalty to a certain team or individual given the sport after 5 or 6 years.

I bet if they do this F1 survey in another 5 years, it will change.

My daughter, or younger people I have discussions or debates with in F1 or the NBA or the NFL. Personal experience. Most younger people have no loyalty to a certain team or individual given the sport after 5 or 6 years.

I bet if they do this F1 survey in another 5 years, it will change.
    I imagine it would as most of the drivers will have changed.....so pretty obvious it would change.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Yes, when Rosberg had that surprise retirement, all drivers did call to Toto, except Kimi and Kvyat. I did lost much respect towards Seb because even he did make a call and he was driving Ferrari. So drivers just want to win WDC, does not matter what team it is.

About survey, not so much to say, world is changing, social media and so on...

Who cares?

F1 is run by absolute clowns and 'fan surveys' are notorious for the self-selecting nature of those who take part.
    Trying to be less angry..

It's for sure. Lando the favorite among females?? No way that ugly

Charles and Carlos are stud muffins! Giovinazzi looks like he belongs on a Milan runway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    It's for sure. Lando the favorite among females?? No way that ugly

Charles and Carlos are stud muffins! Giovinazzi looks like he belongs on a Milan runway.

@cavallino, yes, my daughter agrees with you!!! especially on Charles.....

However, that could be a nice trigger for Ferrari to try to capture said audience. .

I even made it bigger for you since clearly you have reading issue.
    You might want to go get reading glasses tho.

You seem to have missed the end of the sentence there, let me remind you.

But quite honestly I would not give too much attention to whole this.
    I could make it bold,italic and underlined if you want?
    Forza Ferrari

I wonder how Ferrari were ranked back in the 80's. I'm assuming this drought isn't really helping them stay relevant...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...