Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F1 fan survey - Ferrari down to 3rd most popular team

The ranking doesn't say a lot.
    Ferrari's popularity has been on a rather constant high level for many , many years now.
    Other teams have peaks in popularity when they perform well, and can at that moment be more popular than Ferrari, but the moment the performance drops, their popularity drops even harder.
    Ferrari fans are loyal fans. They cheer when Ferrari performs well, they hurt when not. But they do not leave.
    If you take the average popularity over , let's say, 10 years or 25 years, Ferrari is always on top.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Ferrari's popularity has been on a rather constant high level for many , many years now.
    Other teams have peaks in popularity when they perform well, and can at that moment be more popular than Ferrari, but the moment the performance drops, their popularity drops even harder.
    Ferrari fans are loyal fans. They cheer when Ferrari performs well, they hurt when not. But they do not leave.
    If you take the average popularity over , let's say, 10 years or 25 years, Ferrari is always on top.
    You're right, a real Ferrari tifoso is in for the long haul, win or lose, cheering or hurting, so this ranking is irrelevant to me.

Speaking as a Norwich City fan, a true fan deals with the lows as well as the highs. Sadly, neither of 'my' teams are enjoying much of the highs right now!

Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Agreed.

Same with Williams in the early 90's and then Mclaren.

I find it hard to believe Mclaren is so popular at the moment though, mostly still seeing massive amounts of red flags at circuits and Verstappen/Red Bull flags with a bit of Mercedes, depending on the circuits.

I stay by my statement that Ferrari is the only team always driving in front of home crowd!

I’ve been to many races over the years and have noticed a trend; their are Ferrari fans and fans of the current winning team. The Ferrari fans are always there, however most others just move to the dominant team at that time. In Red Bull’s reign there were plenty of RB fans, once they started loosing and Merc started winning, the fans just moved over to Merc. It’s easy to root for the best team, which is why a lot of new fans root for Merc/Hamilton…no one wants to support a team in tough times. That is what makes a true Ferrari fan different, we are here for both good times and bad.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I’ve been to many races over the years and have noticed a trend; their are Ferrari fans and fans of the current winning team. The Ferrari fans are always there, however most others just move to the dominant team at that time. In Red Bull’s reign there were plenty of RB fans, once they started loosing and Merc started winning, the fans just moved over to Merc. It’s easy to root for the best team, which is why a lot of new fans root for Merc/Hamilton…no one wants to support a team in tough times. That is what makes a true Ferrari fan different, we are here for both good times and bad.
    you knwo what i call that??? joining the band wagon....whichever team wins, teh fans join....
    those are NOT fans....teh fans that stick it out through and through, through thin and thick.....THOSE ARE TRUE FANS

I for one been a Ferrari Fan since i was 11-12 years old.....sure it makes me sad when Ferrari don't win or have a winning car....but i'm still a die hard FERRAI FAN

Ferrari are where they belong for know, so third best is correct.

Our team Ferrari @ 9 WDCs, !6 WCCs, still are and will be for a long time #1 F-1 team. They need to add a few more ASAP just to be safe . I still believe every F-1 drivers dream is to have driven for Ferrari! Felipe and Rubens are a perfect example.