Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2021 Mexican Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying

I think we've seen quite alot of mistakes from both Carlos and Charles at times this year but the car is still as unpredictable as it has been since the start of the season so I wouldn't be hasty in judging those incidents they've had. The car seems difficult to setup and then very edgey, it's hard to be on the limit with it and not be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    I think we've seen quite alot of mistakes from both Carlos and Charles at times this year but the car is still as unpredictable as it has been since the start of the season so I wouldn't be hasty in judging those incidents they've had. The car seems difficult to setup and then very edgey, it's hard to be on the limit with it and not be punished.
    As I have said, bad car is bad car on any given track! It is easy to be a great driver when you have 22nd century machine to drive, but the best ones are the ones that have average machines and make great results!

Agreed, and all I'm hoping is that there is no contact going into turn 1 and that our ragazzi can have clean and productive races, it's a big ask. Charles as honest as usual when he fails to achieve what we all want!

Almost everyone does Qualifying mistakes this year. Lewis & Max had alot of mistakes too. Even if they blame Tsunoda i dont think Max could get the pole here. He did alot of mistakes before and after the incident..

An unfortunate qualifying result. Charles was looking good. Hoping for 5 and 6 in the race.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Despite the results, the SF21 was faster than Mclaren and Alpha. Slipstream helped them both. Gasly will start on softs if i remember well, so it could be an handicap for him. We would also possibly see a track evolution in favour to the red car
    Then, i expect at least Charles to be faster than those in front of him, but he have to overtake and that could be hard. Even if he feels good with the car, if stuck, he would not have clean air to push and try to eventualy catch P4 as he did in Austin
    Carlos wasn't happy with the set up so he would be able to keep his position, not more, or a miracle track evolution is needed (more rubber on it,lap after lap, could give him the confidence he didn't found yet in the car, and wings to both SF21)
    Last edited by Gilles; 7th November 2021 at 12:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Despite the results, the SF21 was faster than Mclaren and Alpha. Slipstream helped them both. Gasly will start on softs if i remember well, so it could be an handicap for him. We would also possibly see a track evolution in favour to the red car
    Then, i expect at least Charles to be faster than those in front of him, but he have to overtake and that could be hard. Even if he feels good with the car, if stuck, he would not have clean air to push and try to eventualy catch P4 as he did in Austin
    Carlos wasn't happy with the set up so he would be able to keep his position, not more, or a miracle track evolution is needed (more rubber on it,lap after lap, could give him the confidence he didn't found yet in the car, and wings to both SF21)
    No ,Gas was on Mediums.Tsu was on softs. on Fri race pace we where a bit faster then the others except the front runners, BUT again on friday we look to be comfortable in front in 1 lap but that didnt happen ,so i except to have a very difficult race,and its most possible to lose some places then gain !!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

To lose places? The qualy wasn't bad enought, no? On my side, i would stay a bit more optimistic. I anderstand Gasly could be hard to overtake, but i hoppe him and others wont be as competitive as us. If we couldn't pass Gasly, or if we are slower than Mclaren, i would be very desapointed. I think our cars could finish between 4 and 7, anything outside this range would surprise me. I bet track grip is the key, our simulator didn't saw that dust correctly and if cars clean it, we should recover
    Ps: note that i am not objective
    Last edited by Gilles; 7th November 2021 at 14:34.