Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mexican Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    CS is just slow
    Yes, he had some problems with power or is just slow?

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Probably was made in conjunction with BLM and Hamilton’s fashion line. Make sure that F1 is still woke and about Hamilton long after he’s retired…
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Let's wait for Q3 but not what we expected coming here!!!
    We are not bad ,but out competitors are much much closer then we expected!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Sainz should give a slipstream to Leclerc in Q3.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Sainz should give a slipstream to Leclerc in Q3.
    Yes, great idea, they could give slipstream to each other.

0.9 s behind, much worse here, we`ll see

3 tenths from Gasly and pretty close to Ric (Sainz even behind him ) For the expectations pretty,pretty bad result
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Mercs back to their manipulative stuff.

Meh.

Good job by Mercedes activating cheat mode

So bad /unexpected result for both us and RedBull!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

****ing Yuki ruined both Charles and RBR's laps

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Mercs back to their manipulative stuff.
    Yup…And by turn one, Bottas will be told to let Hamilton pass and will hold up the rest of the field like the good butler he is. Poor fans…our only saving grace is if Hamilton bins it or Bottas takes him out.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Why Leclerc didn't make a 2nd run ?

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Why Leclerc didn't make a 2nd run ?
    was there yellow flags, I dont know

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    was there yellow flags, I dont know
    No yellow flags with Tsunoda and Perez.

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    ****ing Yuki ruined both Charles and RBR's laps
    He's useless that fella.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    No yellow flags with Tsunoda and Perez.
    okay, dont know then why Charles did not finish that lap, maybe some mistake

Close enough to what I expected the car is a diva ultra sensitive just like lewis hamilton.Expecting the butler bottle to play a major role for hamilton.Max will go hard into turn1 and hopefully be in front of Hammy.Ferrari should score good points as the best of the rest.

@Charles_Leclerc
    : "I was happy till the second lap of Q3, where I made a mistake. A very complicated weekend for me so far & finally in qualifying, I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. Finally the car was the way I like it. I was very confident and then I made a mistake."
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Absolutely ridiculous..second off the pole we will be finishing a minute behind Mercs tomorrow. Might as well stop touring around and go back to factory to work on 2022 car. Track full of Tifosi and way to let them down with this crappy performance.

. @Charles_Leclerc : "It would have been difficult to beat Pierre but we wouldn’t have been far off. So yeah it’s too bad but I can only blame myself. The car was how I wanted it, I’m the one who didn’t do the job today. It is what it is."

#MexicoGP
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Must say I am a bit disappointed with our performance. The gap is quite big, the deficit between Ferrari and Merc is the biggest in qualifying since the introduction of new energy components. And this track was supposed to be good for us, goes to show that one should never make predictions based on previous results.

Carlos did a great job. Charles did a Ok job, which is fine, can't expect him to do his magic Q3 lap everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Yup…And by turn one, Bottas will be told to let Hamilton pass and will hold up the rest of the field like the good butler he is. Poor fans…our only saving grace is if Hamilton bins it or if MAX collides with Hamster in Turnn 1 and take each other out.....
    ....there i fixed it for ya....i'm pretty sure that is what you meant to say....lol

Expected performance from Ferrari, given they were skating on the track during P3. I would take this any day rather than binning the car while fighting for position.
    Finishing in between 5-10th place should be a decent result here.

I am puzzled base on what some folks here ware so confident of great Ferrari performance on this track?! Bad car is bad on any given track. Also great car is great on any given track on any given Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    My biggest fear is that the pilots might bin it if they overdo it (especially Leclerc!)
    Well, my prediction was right with Charles..

Disappointment Leclerc: "I can only get angry with myself"

“Certainly in the last sector it did not help having a car in front, but I must say that today it is only my fault. I can only get angry with myself. I wasn't good enough ”.

“In the first sector everything was going well and I was a tenth and a half faster than the time set in the previous lap. Then I made some mistakes that I shouldn't have made in Q3 ”.

“I'm sorry for the team because they have done a great job since FP1. I have never been comfortable with the car, I made a lot of mistakes in all the free practice sessions. While in qualifying I was finally able to find the feeling ”.

“I was very competitive until the mistake I made. I'm sorry and I'll try to learn from it ”.

Sainz appears to be calmer and less on the edge compared to Leclerc.

But, each driver has their day. I just hope Binnoto doesn't overdo it with the criticism of Leclerc.

Also..

Sainz sure: Gasly so fast, especially thanks to the slipstream

AlphaTauri pilot Pierre Gasly is ahead of that. The first four places should be Mercedes and Red Bull among themselves, so at least three teams are fighting for the place behind. Sainz is convinced that he can beat Gasly, although he was three-tenths faster in qualifying. The Frenchman owes his time mainly to the slipstream help from Yuki Tsunoda.

"You played with the slipstream, that makes up a couple of tenths here. You were on our pace all weekend. If you add the two-tenths of the slipstream, then it's normal for you to be two or three tenths ahead "he calculates.

Ferrari renounced these gimmicks. "One weekend I can decide where I want to be, the other weekend Carlos can decide. This weekend Carlos could decide and he wanted to be in front. And that was also respected in Q3," explains Leclerc.

Considering Mercedes's speed, Botas's speed regained since Sauber's signing and Perez's speed at home, it was difficult to do a second row (could have been not so far). Leclerc tried and fail. But his ranking does not reflect the speed he had and can have in the race. The car could do well and even improve with the track. Charles is starting from a distance but should be faster than those in front of him. Will he be able to progress, will the front tyre overheat? Without SC, he will probably be too far to try to fight a top 4. Too bad, but as long as we aim for a 4th place (without incident), at least he will have opponents to fight with this time
    Not seems to be as easy as expected, but lets see what the red cars could do in race
    Last edited by Gilles; 7th November 2021 at 07:55.