Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 209

Thread: 2021 Brazilian Grand Prix - Practice, Qualifying and Sprint Qualifying

  1. #91
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Merc have just left the stewards office, so nearly 1 hour in there.
    Toto must have been signing a lot of cheques
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iceoplex
    Posts
    1,806
    Alonsos car camera in favour of Verstappen:

    "While waiting for the decision of the commissioners Motorsport has learned, from a direct source, that there was a key element in the resolution of the case: the on-board camera of Fernando Alonso's car , parked in the pitlane near the Mercedes de Hamilton , collected that Verstappen, according to those involved, really barely touched the investigated car.

    If it is found that Verstappen's contact with the rear of the Mercedes was not strong enough to alter anything, the argument that the German team was clinging to would collapse."


    https://es.motorsport.com/f1/news/ca...ilton/6777353/
    Last edited by Lesky; 13th November 2021 at 14:40.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iceoplex
    Posts
    1,806
    Well Sky italy spoke to Mercedes insider and they said a s a tried and tested wing design which has passed numerous tests and the construction has not changed. They even provided wing batch, date of production etc etc The same wing batch was tested in advance of this event was identical to Valtteri Bottas' rear wing. So to say merc cheated is not correct hence the delay. They cannot prove why it got wider or not. The identical wing is on VB. So only other reason is naturally got wider?? due to failure or something or manually manipulated (hence the Max thing)
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,170


    Toto probably did something like this. Saw it on the Autosport board.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    174
    Stewards grant Mercedes permission to replace rear wing

    The race stewards at Interlagos have given Mercedes permission to change their rear wing ahead of second practice in Brazil.

    URL: https://racingnews365.com/stewards-g...lace-rear-wing

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Davao City
    Posts
    331
    THis is what it is FIA favoring Merc when it is obvious... put that 86mm to other team maybe right away there's a verdict for place drop or DQ.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Stewards grant Mercedes permission to replace rear wing

    The race stewards at Interlagos have given Mercedes permission to change their rear wing ahead of second practice in Brazil.

    URL: https://racingnews365.com/stewards-g...lace-rear-wing
    I would like to clarify:

    "Incidentally, Hamilton is running a different rear wing in this session than the one he used in qualifying yesterday - that original version is still with the FIA. Hamilton does have permission to run the different version, which is needed since we are now after qualifying and therefore in a variation of parc ferme regulations."

    Therefore, both Lewis and Max are still under investigation.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,242
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/merced...ons-rear-wing/

    ‘Mercedes claim Max damaged Hamilton’s rear wing’

    This is a new low for Mercedes. If the FIA actually let Merc off because of this, they will loose all credibility that they have left. The non-Merc powered cars should protest and not take part in the weekend. Better yet, Park on track and demand that the lid be blown of this merc-ham-Pirelli-fia. What a complete disaster.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    13,555
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/merced...ons-rear-wing/

    ‘Mercedes claim Max damaged Hamilton’s rear wing’

    This is a new low for Mercedes. If the FIA actually let Merc off because of this, they will loose all credibility that they have left. The non-Merc powered cars should protest and not take part in the weekend. Better yet, Park on track and demand that the lid be blown of this merc-ham-Pirelli-fia. What a complete disaster.
    I agree with you. This is so low, like why don't they gave LH trophy imedeately and spare all of us from this sharade! Discusting!

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iceoplex
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I agree with you. This is so low, like why don't they gave LH trophy imedeately and spare all of us from this sharade! Discusting!
    Yes, this is the final straw, if they dont DQ Lewis, its clear as day that its rigged! Just like the lack of Silverstone penalty.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    13,555
    And still no decision?! That tells me only one thing and that is that now FIA is working hard on how to blame MV and let off the hook their golden boy LH.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    13,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Yes, this is the final straw, if they dont DQ Lewis, its clear as day that its rigged! Just like the lack of Silverstone penalty.
    Exactly!

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Yes, this is the final straw, if they dont DQ Lewis, its clear as day that its rigged! Just like the lack of Silverstone penalty.
    He got a penalty at Silverstone though.
    Forza Ferrari

  14. #104
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,537
    Well you can't go lower than a snakes belly.Mercedes are in panic mode and a clinging on by a thread,and now they have started eye gouging in the arm wrestle,with red bull.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iceoplex
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He got a penalty at Silverstone though.
    Slap on the wrist. Should have been 10 second stop and go to be served in 2 laps after the restart or a drive through to be served within 2 laps of the restart. The penalty did nothing and he made up 36 points in the standings for an incident he was deemed guilty for and got free repairs under a red flag Lewis himself caused. It was in UK, so they gave him a penalty to make it look like he was punished, but they knew it was not going to affect the results.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

  16. #106
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    13,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Slap on the wrist. Should have been 10 second stop and go to be served in 2 laps after the restart or a drive through to be served within 2 laps of the restart. The penalty did nothing and he made up 36 points in the standings for an incident he was deemed guilty for and got free repairs under a red flag Lewis himself caused. It was in UK, so they gave him a penalty to make it look like he was punished, but they knew it was not going to affect the results.

  17. #107
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iceoplex
    Posts
    1,806
    "Sky said there will be a decision on Max in the next 30-45 mins but the decision on Lewis's car will take longer."
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    13,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He got a penalty at Silverstone though.
    Penalty he got was sharade

  19. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    13,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    "Sky said there will be a decision on Max in the next 30-45 mins but the decision on Lewis's car will take longer."
    This is really insult to our inteligency....

  20. #110
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iceoplex
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This is really insult to our inteligency....
    They will wait until 10 minutes before the sprint, and say we checked everything and we took fingerprints on the Merc wing, and Max prints were there. Lewis is free to race"

    Merc probably have threatened to sue FIA and with Wolff throwing it all he will win! An absolute farce. See my signature by Alonso, its more true than ever!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

  21. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    2,866
    I'm not following this, only reading what is being said here but it sounds like a massive farce!

  22. #112
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    Leclerc and Sainz changed whole PU and Hamilton only ICE
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    If you change only 1 part of the engine, its a 10 place grid drop, and the 2nd time you change only 1 part, its a 5 place grid drop. Thats why Lewis only get 5 places drop on sunday. Its a farce tbh, losing like 1 or 2 places as the race result only.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It's just an ICE unit change.

    You get penalized or sent back to the grid IF you change everything which consists of the ICE, TC, MGU-H, MGU-K, ES, CE, and EX.
    Thank you guys...

  23. #113
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iceoplex
    Posts
    1,806
    Wow, wonder if Merc is the odd team from the rule?



    In fairness, race director Michael Masi understandably took the opposite view.

    "When it comes to technical infringements, I think Martin Brundle put it best when I bumped into him down on the grid, he said: 'You're either pregnant or you're not,'" Masi said.

    "Those were his words, but it's one of those that when it comes down to a technical infringement of that nature the outcome is that you either are [breaking the rules] or you aren't. While I can feel for Daniel, it was an error and, sadly, it is what it is.
    "We would be stepping in dangerous territory, with technical infringements in particular, if we start building margins in upon margins, upon margins. There was a margin there and the margin was exceeded -- the margin that applies to everyone."
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

  24. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,851
    Reminding me of when Ferrari got away with the bargeboards being 5mm too short
    Forza Ferrari

  25. #115
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,851
    Max got a 50k fine for touching the Merc LOL

    Be afraid Seb.....
    Forza Ferrari

  26. #116
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,851
    In the Max statement it says they have HD video from the Merc showing his touching does not change the wing at all, which will negate Merc trying to blame him.

    Now to DQ Lewis.
    Forza Ferrari

  27. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iceoplex
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    In the Max statement it says they have HD video from the Merc showing his touching does not change the wing at all, which will negate Merc trying to blame him.

    Now to DQ Lewis.
    Excellent. Why did they wait 20 hours to come to this conclusion for Max? Was it really that difficult?
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

  28. #118
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,537
    Max 50.000 euro fine.wow for putting a finger on the wing,his finger print caused excessive damage.LOL.

  29. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iceoplex
    Posts
    1,806
    Biggest fine ever for a driver?

    So with 24 hours to play with, what have the FIA come up with to possible not DQ Hamilton and start him from the pits? They have to have come up with something, I cant imagine they will just DQ him now. Start from the back of the grid? 10 place penalty? 5 place grid drop?
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

  30. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    1,166
    Ham disqualified
    Red is the only color!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •