Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Brazilian Grand Prix - Race Thread

Very good pace. Absolutely smoked rest of the midfield.

With hindsight Mclarens and Hondas struggles have given Merc another title, because of the only 5 grid place penalty for additional engine parts that Merc needs, Honda killing Honda! If that had not been changed Merc would have been toast!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Perez yet again to no help for Max. Holy heck how tough must it be for Max to do the impossible for so long only to lose out in the end.
    It was impossible for Max as well. It was just asking too much from them here.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

5 and 6 is the best we could possibly hope for. Well done Charles and Carlos.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Well done Charles and Carlos.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Overall, pretty good weekend.

Strategy was good. Pit stop was good. Pace was good.

As I've said before, we're lacking that extra 2-3 tenths. But the team made some great improvements this year.

Even bottas was faster than Max. Maybe red bull should have also changed engine on that track where overtaking is so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Even bottas was faster than Max. Maybe red bull should have also changed engine on that track where overtaking is so easy.
    They were 15 laps from winning, and the Honda engine does not drop off in performance like the Merc engine does, so before the spring that would have made no sense to do thinking Max would still win the race.

Now when they lost out you could make an argument. But Red Bull is saying they wont gain much performance at all from changing the engine, an absolutely nowhere near what Mercedes gains from it.

Had Red Bull changed engines Merc would have taken a 1-2 in the full race for sure.

The speed of Hamiltons car today, I have never seen anything like it.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

With Mercedes power advantage, they might as well take a new ICE unit every race from here on out.

They laugh at the 5 spot grid penalty......even 25 spots if you throw in a sprint race weekend.

I'm getting flashbacks of 2014 thru 2016. Man, Lewis's car was mega fast at Brazil.

I once said that Sainz should have re-thought his move to Ferrari......I take back what I said. Sainz made the right move given Ferrari's resurgence.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I once said that Sainz should have re-thought his move to Ferrari......I take back what I said. Sainz made the right move given Ferrari's resurgence.
    I always thought he’s good at race craft. This year he’s showing quali pace too.
    Hence I don’t rule him out next season if we have a good strong car.

On the other hand looking at Mercs engine, Ferrari should produce mega upgrade/jump in their engine performance.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

On the other hand looking at Mercs engine, Ferrari should produce mega upgrade/jump in their engine performance.
    agreed. Merc's never show their cards......always with a sense of humility.....but when they need to turn it up.....BOOOOOOOM. Honda needs to go back to the drawing board too.

It was ferrari who pushed mercedes,the ferrari 2019 engine was so good they they scared the **** out of mercedes the fia and any other ding bat associated with the f1 circus so they had it declared illegal .Well the rebirth of that engine I suspect is hidden in the DNA of next years engine stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    It was ferrari who pushed mercedes,the ferrari 2019 engine was so good they they scared the **** out of mercedes .
    yep, I read that too.

Lewis summoned to stewards for taking his seat belt off when getting the flag.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Lewis summoned to stewards for taking his seat belt off when getting the flag.
    He's done that before......nothing will happen.

Updated Constructors' standings:

1. Mercedes - 521.5 pts
    2. Red Bull - 510.5 pts
    3. Ferrari - 287.5 pts
    4. McLaren - 256 pts
    5. Alpine - 112 pts
    6. AlphaTauri - 112 pts
    7. Aston Martin - 68 pts
    8. Williams - 23 pts
    9. Alfa Romeo - 11 pts
    10. Haas - 0 pts

Updated drivers standings

1. Verstappen - 332.5 pts
    2. Hamilton - 318.5 pts
    3. Bottas - 203 pts
    4. Perez - 178 pts
    5. Norris - 151 pts
    6. Leclerc - 148 pts
    7. Sainz - 139.5 pts
    8. Ricciardo - 105 pts
    9. Gasly - 92 pts
    10. Alonso - 62 pts

It’s sad to see how much of a farce this sport has become.

It no better than WWE.

Lewis hit with a $5000 fine....big deal.

I gutted of how people try to praise Hams drive!!!!! I mean, he made EVERY pass by DRS on the fastest car by far with that new engine, on a track where so many overtakes where made!!!!!! I mean these guys don't think that in that car (Hams Merc) Max and Lec couldn't do the same????!!!!
    What I'm saying is that ,truly and sincerely I haven't really see Lewis delivering a masterclass of a drive (like so many people claiming about today) with non dominant / hard to drive car. I didn't see that masterclass drive from him last race where RedBull where clearly faster. He end up more then 15s behind!!!!.WHAT I want to say is that for me today's race was NOT something special from him!!! He just took advantage of the most powerful and fastest car of the grid on a track that you can use it easily. We saw many other drivers making overtakes on others if their car was a dirt faster or on better tires,they could easily pass.
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 14th November 2021 at 19:51.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

You'll never convince me that Merc engine is legit. I mean the way he cruised passed people even without DRS was astounding.
    The last tracks will suit Merc and with that engine, the titles are both gone now.

I think I'll go into hibernation for the next 6-7 months to avoid the imminent flood of "GOAT" nonsense.

I am hoping with my whole being that Ferrari can challenge for the titles in 2022. if after testing next year, the things seem the same.. well, I might just walk from the sport. it's getting harder and harder to be a fan with all the Merc bias.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I gutted of how people try to praise Hams drive!!!!! I mean, he made EVERY pass by DRS on the fastest car by far with that new engine, on a track where so many overtakes where made!!!!!! I mean these guys don't think that in that car (Hams Merc) Max and Lec couldn't do the same????!!!!
    What I'm saying is that ,truly and sincerely I haven't really see Lewis delivering a masterclass of a drive (like so many people claiming about today) with non dominant / hard to drive car. I didn't see that masterclass drive from him last race where RedBull where clearly faster. He end up more then 15s behind!!!!.WHAT I want to say is that for me today's race was NOT something special from him!!! He just took advantage of the most powerful and fastest car of the grid on a track that you can use it easily. We saw many other drivers making overtakes on others if their car was a dirt faster or on better tires,they could easily pass.
    Well we can expect that from the Merc, but what strikes me the most is how bad Bottas looks alongside LH. They have the same car yet Bottas is caught and left in the dust by LH starting in 10th!
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    It’s sad to see how much of a farce this sport has become.

It no better than WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Well we can expect that from the Merc, but what strikes me the most is how bad Bottas looks alongside LH. They have the same car yet Bottas is caught and left in the dust by LH starting in 10th!
    Same car NOT the same engine !!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Same car NOT the same engine !!!!!!
    Same car NOT the same driver !!!

Norris 151
    Leclerc 148
    Sainz 139.5

With some luck, we could actually get both drivers inside the top six unless McLaren have a major resurgence in the Arabian races. I'd say we're likely to at least grab P5 in the drivers' championship.

Hamilton’s car is pure ********. It was like %25 AI difficulty in a F1 game.

If engine matters that much , max wouldnt win back in 2019 with much powerless engine. So what ever they’ve done with car is not just a New engine. That car is not legal

did we ever stop and think about this Merc rocket for a second???
    maybe they've had this power advantage since the beginnign of the season, and for the goof of the sport, make it more interesting, they've let red bull win races and think they actually have the upper hand...

all this reliability issues Merc were claiming were prolly just utter ****, and they know they have a rocket on their hands, hence taking engine penalties, run the engine to the MAX and carve through the field with a lot of ease....

i'm willing to bet that Hamster will prolly win the next 3 races......win the WDC and make it look that he and Merc team had to work so hard day and night to turn things around....

when all along they had the upper hand and just wanted for us viewers ( and red bull) to think that red bull is actually much better then them....when in fact....well we know what the truth is....

2022 cannot come fast enough....but if Ferrari nor red bull honda can't build a better engine then Merc....we're gonna look at another 4-5 years of Merc dominance....and FRANKLY I'VE HAD IT.....

Didn't bother watching the entire race once it become evident Ham was going to have it easy with the upgraded ICE. Seems like they have brought back the "party mode" to the race which was, hitherto, used only in qualifying. I don't know how Valteri fared yesterday but I am only guessing he was not given the same spec engine as Ham. Seems like this will go to the wire.
    While no fan of RB, I believe they had their best shot towards WCC and WDC with Honda package this year. Too bad, Honda will be leaving F1 and RB won't be having access to same resources as they have now, unlike Mercedes.