Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Brazilian Grand Prix - Race Thread

As with Vettel, I don't like Hamilton but I respect him.

Though Hamilton is quick, I've NEVER seen a car go that fast through the competition this weekend.

After watching the sprint Quali, I had a feeling Hamilton and Mercedes would probably have it easy this weekend.

But, I'm sure that speed wasn't natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Same car NOT the same driver !!!
    "Same car NOT the same engine!!!!!!"

I second this. That speed during the sprint quali and the race wasn't natural.

I know you're a troll, but still, it was quite evident.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Well we can expect that from the Merc, but what strikes me the most is how bad Bottas looks alongside LH. They have the same car yet Bottas is caught and left in the dust by LH starting in 10th!
    Usually, the No. 2 driver's car is a bit different from the No. 1.
    It's always been this way.

Mercedes may as well take a new Engine at every track from here on. Qualify 1st, take the 5 place penalty, pass 2 F1.5 cars, Bottas let's Ham through, breeze past the 2 RBR's and win the championship all while improving the engine for next year. The Engine penalty format at the moment is an absolute farce and should be addressed at the soonest. 5 places for a change is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    did we ever stop and think about this Merc rocket for a second???
    maybe they've had this power advantage since the beginnign of the season, and for the goof of the sport, make it more interesting, they've let red bull win races and think they actually have the upper hand...

all this reliability issues Merc were claiming were prolly just utter ****, and they know they have a rocket on their hands, hence taking engine penalties, run the engine to the MAX and carve through the field with a lot of ease....

i'm willing to bet that Hamster will prolly win the next 3 races......win the WDC and make it look that he and Merc team had to work so hard day and night to turn things around....

when all along they had the upper hand and just wanted for us viewers ( and red bull) to think that red bull is actually much better then them....when in fact....well we know what the truth is....

2022 cannot come fast enough....but if Ferrari nor red bull honda can't build a better engine then Merc....we're gonna look at another 4-5 years of Merc dominance....and FRANKLY I'VE HAD IT.....
    And not just this. IF he managed this all his fans,/British media gonna crowd him the undisputed GOAT ,the absolute GOD of F1.And they will downside everything else happend till now and everything will happen in the near future at least!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    did we ever stop and think about this Merc rocket for a second???
    maybe they've had this power advantage since the beginnign of the season, and for the goof of the sport, make it more interesting, they've let red bull win races and think they actually have the upper hand...

all this reliability issues Merc were claiming were prolly just utter ****, and they know they have a rocket on their hands, hence taking engine penalties, run the engine to the MAX and carve through the field with a lot of ease....

i'm willing to bet that Hamster will prolly win the next 3 races......win the WDC and make it look that he and Merc team had to work so hard day and night to turn things around....

when all along they had the upper hand and just wanted for us viewers ( and red bull) to think that red bull is actually much better then them....when in fact....well we know what the truth is....

2022 cannot come fast enough....but if Ferrari nor red bull honda can't build a better engine then Merc....we're gonna look at another 4-5 years of Merc dominance....and FRANKLY I'VE HAD IT.....
    Yes, 4-5 years watching this same what we have been watching 8 years all ready, maybe have to start to look Formula E, lol.
    Maybe if I start betting, Hamilton wins only, so maybe he start to lose. I dont know, this has just been extremely boring time to follow F1.

I think all this moaning about their reliability issues was a well planned trick.It simply allowed them to make some changes on their engines! Why we never have watched this kind and power/speed superiority from his excellence, this year in any other track with his previous new engines????!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Mercedes: what does Hamilton's super-engine have more?

Lewis unmarked a fresh 6-cylinder in Brazil: the fifth engine of the season, which cost him five positions on the starting grid in São Paulo, allowed him the best time in qualifying and an amazing comeback in Sprint Qualifying. It is a unit identical to the homologated ones, but configured to take some aspects to extremes such as the pressure in the combustion chamber, having a life of only four GPs.

What super-engine did Lewis Hamilton ride for the Sao Paulo GP? The question is
    legitimate, given that the F1 regulation does not allow for any changes in the season, unless, as in the case of the Ferrari hybrid, some component of the power unit has not been evolved before the FIA was frozen at the start of the championship.

Furthermore, the International Federation gradually authorizes the Manufacturers to carry out modifications on the engines if these are functional not to increase performance, but reliability.

Taking the words of Toto Wolff right, according to which frequent engine replacements are decided not so much for breakdowns, but for premature aging: a greater loss of power than expected from one GP to another.

Valtteri Bottas has managed to unmark six thermal units (double compared to last year!), While Lewis Hamilton has come to count five in Brazil, in the extreme attempt to reopen the games of a world that seems very directed towards Max Verstappen and the Red Bull.

In qualifying, the hepta-champion trimmed 438 thousandths to the world leader, a huge gap in a season that is usually played on hundredths, if not thousandths.

The evil ones had thought that the gap was due to the more open rear wing, then sanctioned by the FIA, but Lewis' resounding comeback from the last position of the Sprint Qualifying grid to fifth place at the checkered flag, says a lot about the fact that the decisive resource was the engine, since the profiles with which the English raced were obviously very legal.

And, then, one wonders what more does Hamilton's super-engine have than Bottas's? The Finnish sixth 6-cylinder F1 M12 E Performance homologated it in Austin, just three GPs ago and has a five unit that is still useful in rotations.

The Sprint Qualifying gives us a figure that is impressive: Lewis Hamilton went to 339.0 km / h at the speed trap of the race, while Valtteri Bottas did not go beyond 303.2 km / h, with Max Verstappen reaching 317. , 3 km / h.

It may be that the Finn detached earlier, given that he was in the lead to defend the position from the Dutchman and certainly Valtteri never used a slipstream, so he never opened the DRS, while Lewis was always ready to take advantage of the suction of who preceded him in the long climb that leads to the finish straight, but the 35.8 km / h difference makes an impression.

The figure is an example of a situation that is before everyone's eyes: Hamilton put all his immense talent into exploiting a W12 which, however, enabled him to… fly.

Hywel Thomas, chief engineer of Brixworth, has prepared an engine 5 for Lewis which must have a life of 2,500 km compared to the 7,000 that normally are required for the resolution of a "standard" power unit. Not being able to change the characteristics of the approved engine components, the Stella engineers worked to take the management strategies of this unit to extremes.

In addition to pushing the turbo, they intervened on the pressure in the combustion chamber: creating a deadly combo that can be worth over 15 horsepower in search of a pole position or a successful overtaking.

If Verstappen were to open the gap to at least 25 points, the equivalent of a retirement, we would not be surprised at all if in Doha it was Red Bull to focus on an engine 5 to have a fresh unit for the last race in Abu Dhabi and don't get to the grand finale with a deflated power unit ...

https://it-motorsport-com.translate...._tr_pto=nui,sc
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Overall, pretty good weekend.

Strategy was good. Pit stop was good. Pace was good.

As I've said before, we're lacking that extra 2-3 tenths. But the team made some great improvements this year.
    Agreed, and Charles went for it at the start, Carlos lucky not to suffer after Lando's attack on him, as for the HAM/VER fight, anything to stop HAM's title aspirations is a bonus and his Merc's speed is suspicious in the extreme. Good job by our boys, drivers and team.

For you, it wasn't, unsurprising.
    At least Max did'nt send Lewis into the wall at a high rate of speed.....[cough] [cough] like Silverstone.

It was good racing between the both of them into T4.

I think Merc may have outsmart the competition by taking an extra engine that can be tuned for more performance

As we saw, the 5 place penalty meant nothing when the performance advantage was that huge.

Unless FIA do something about it next year, taking engine penalty will be a huge part of the championship strategy, completely defeating the purpose of the engine limit

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I think Merc may have outsmart the competition by taking an extra engine that can be tuned for more performance

As we saw, the 5 place penalty meant nothing when the performance advantage was that huge.

Unless FIA do something about it next year, taking engine penalty will be a huge part of the championship strategy, completely defeating the purpose of the engine limit
    Watch Mercedes fixing their degrading issues next year and having a 20BHP advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Watch Mercedes fixing their degrading issues next year and having a 20BHP advantage.
    If Mercedes continue this illegal dominance next year with the locked-in new regulations; all of the other manufacturers might as well pull out of F1. What would be the point of competing knowing you have 0 chance for 5 years? Only to waste resources and be embarrassed the whole time.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    And not just this. IF he managed this all his fans,/British media gonna crowd him the undisputed GOAT ,the absolute GOD of F1.And they will downside everything else happend till now and everything will happen in the near future at least!!!!!!
    I feel the same way…I don’t want to hear about Hamilton-the-great for the next 20-30 years. That’s all we have heard about for the last 8 and I’m tired of it. There is more to F1 than Hamilton and Mercedes. He’s no goat and he’s no god; it doesn’t take much skill to pass 15 cars when you are driving a rocket ship + DRS. He’s a mediocre driver with a bad attitude who was lucky enough to join a cheating team with a stronghold on the regulations, rules, decision making and tire specifications. I have had enough.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mercedes: what does Hamilton's super-engine have more?

Lewis unmarked a fresh 6-cylinder in Brazil: the fifth engine of the season, which cost him five positions on the starting grid in São Paulo, allowed him the best time in qualifying and an amazing comeback in Sprint Qualifying. It is a unit identical to the homologated ones, but configured to take some aspects to extremes such as the pressure in the combustion chamber, having a life of only four GPs........

https://it-motorsport-com.translate...._tr_pto=nui,sc
    If this is true, it is very unfortunate. Hopefully the engine degrades super-fast as well. But of course, they'll just change it for one that only lasts one race at the end.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Hopefully if we are far enough ahead of McLaren in the closing stages, Ferrari play the same game and bring an update for the Ferrari engine. May as well make it more reliable while we still can

A question that should be risen is that the rules stipulate that an engine should last for 4 races. And yes there is the whole drop 5 grid positions and all , but is the penalty justify the benefit that team (or any) gets?
    If not, FiA should interfere... I know I know.. good luck.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Even making Lewis start from the back would not be that great a punishment, maybe half points if you take a new engine?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Top speeds are not saying anything. Leclerc had the highest top speed in SPA in 2020. Same race we were sitting ducks at the straight.

Max's on-board iinto T4 with Lewis.

https://twitter.com/ESPNF1/status/1460588876364460040

Telemetry graph comparison. Look at Lewis's speed!!!!

https://twitter.com/PacificSimGP/sta...51185378197507

At least Max did'nt send Lewis into the wall at a high rate of speed.....[cough] [cough] like Silverstone.

It was good racing between the both of them into T4.
    well Max got a nice little payback at Silverstone. And you can't always expect your favorite Max to be one who sends other drivers into the wall or drives them off the track, sometimes others will play the same game. As Charles did in Silverstone 2019.

You don't need to shade your tears for Max because both Horner and Marko do that job quite well.

Max's on-board iinto T4 with Lewis.

https://twitter.com/ESPNF1/status/1460588876364460040
    He made no effort to make that corner, lucky to get away with that. Wonder if the FIA will look at it again though.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He made no effort to make that corner, lucky to get away with that. Wonder if the FIA will look at it again though.
    But according to some mentally stable individuals here, Mercedes is running the FIA, then why wouldn't they look at it?

Max's move on Hamilton is similar to Perez's move on Charles at Austria, maybe even worse. But Perez got penalty for that while Max didn't even get a single penalty point.

Red Bull change the entire back end of Max's car under Perc Ferme and Max got no penalties. Talk about entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    I'm sorry, but Mercedes has had the majority (not "ALL") of the benefits this season and many seasons before.

Also, I'm pretty sure a "mentally stable" person such as yourself would look through your crystal ball and understand that just because a few people have a differing opinion on a matter we don't have to resort to petty passive-aggressive retorts do we?

We could just agree to disagree.
    +1

Red Bull change the entire back end of Max's car under Perc Ferme and Max got no penalties. Talk about entitlement.
    What was the reason for that "change the ENTIRE(????) back end of Max's car under Parc Ferme and Max got no penalties" for???

But according to some mentally stable individuals here, Mercedes is running the FIA, then why wouldn't they look at it?

Max's move on Hamilton is similar to Perez's move on Charles at Austria, maybe even worse. But Perez got penalty for that while Max didn't even get a single penalty point.

I'm sorry, but Mercedes has had the majority (not "ALL") of the benefits this season and many seasons before.

Also, I'm pretty sure a "mentally stable" person such as yourself would look through your crystal ball and understand that just because a few people have a differing opinion on a matter we don't have to resort to petty passive-aggressive retorts do we?

We could just agree to disagree.

Merc have requested the incident be reviewed now they have seen this footage
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Even making Lewis start from the back would not be that great a punishment, maybe half points if you take a new engine?
    This might actually work.
    Wouldn't surprise me if the FIA starts implementing points penalty, once it becomes clear that the big teams are using it as a performance booster rather than reliability issue