Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Grand Prix of Qatar - Practice & Qualifying

And Mercedes stopped playing and toying with everyone engaged 2nd gear and blast everyone!

Did he compromise Sainz lap ????
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Only with Ham and his new engine
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I am surprised if Binotto is not kicked out next year, I mean 3 years and same shaisse.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I am surprised if Binotto is not kicked out next year, I mean 3 years and same shaisse.
    No, he's been focusing on the 2022 car and has missed several races with Mekies taking control.

Let's see how the 2022 car does.......but I'm expecting 2nd place....fighting with Redbull.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

P7 and P13, that is just too much, I am just not feeling it right now. Do something Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    No, he's been focusing on the 2022 car and has missed several races with Mekies taking control.

Let's see how the 2022 car does.......but I'm expecting 2nd place....fighting with Redbull.
    He is a clever guy, they kick out Mekies and Binotto keeps his job.

One bad qualifying result after a very long time and you want Binotto get kicked out ?

What have I just been watching Mr. Leclerc??
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Sacrificing 2 years & fighting for 2nd position is not what the expectation is In my opinion.

We should be fighting for the win. But looking at Mercs engine & everytime they unleash something extraordinary. Not sure we can catch them.

Sainz's pace on medium in Q2 was very competitive, the yellow flag screwed him in Q3. Him starting on medium is a good sign, plus his race pace on Hard yesterday was better than both AT and Lando, the problem is overtaking on this track
    Disaster peformance from Charles

What we seeing here is Sainz is able to set up the car better than Leclerc. Ferrari are relying more on Sainz' feedback due to it matching the simulations back at the factory.. He's gone from a Torro Rosso, Renault, McLaren and now a Ferrari.. The things he has learnt from having to adapt to different cars and situations is wisdom second to none. That Ferrari is set up to how he likes to drive it and Leclerc can't drive his Ferrari the same way Sainz can with those settings

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Sacrificing 2 years & fighting for 2nd position is not what the expectation is In my opinion.

We should be fighting for the win. But looking at Mercs engine & everytime they unleash something extraordinary. Not sure we can catch them.
    TOTALLY AGREE but beating Mercedes is asking for a miracle and that eignie on steroids, my gawd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    What we seeing here is Sainz is able to set up the car better than Leclerc. Ferrari are relying more on Sainz' feedback due to it matching the simulations back at the factory.. He's gone from a Torro Rosso, Renault, McLaren and now a Ferrari.. The things he has learnt from having to adapt to different cars and situations is wisdom second to none. That Ferrari is set up to how he likes to drive it and Leclerc can't drive his Ferrari the same way Sainz can with those settings
    I can agree with this. Still smh on Leclerc. Puzzling.

P7 and P13, that is just too much, I am just not feeling it right now. Do something Ferrari.
    I'm with you, but realistically we are batteling the McMercs and we are building upto '21.
    I wasn't a believer of Binnoto, but he's doing a pretty decent job up until now (considering this year).

Though, if Ferrari fail to perform next season his day's at the helm are number.

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    One bad qualifying result after a very long time and you want Binotto get kicked out ?
    You dont watch so much F1? Last 3 years for example. We are fighting with Macca, Alpha Tauri, Renault and so on not fighting with RB and Mercs, there is no progress. Leclerc said today: I dont know what to do...is Charles so bad driver or is the car so bad, omg, I have tyo go for a walk I am so angry now.

You dont watch so much F1? Last 3 years for example. We are fighting with Macca, Alpha Tauri, Renault and so on not fighting with RB and Mercs, there is no progress. Leclerc said today: I dont know what to do...is Charles so bad driver or is the car so bad, omg, I have tyo go for a walk I am so angry now.
    We come back positively after a VERY BAD 2020 . Look at last year car and this year car, how is there no progress ?

Lewis was not using his fresh Brazil engine for Q, he used the old one So more pace hidden....unreal.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

We come back positively after a VERY BAD 2020 . Look at last year car and this year car, how is there no progress ?
    yeah, that was Binottos first F1 car, worst Ferrari in history

yeah, that was Binottos first F1 car, worst Ferrari in history
    Did we forget the trash that called F14T ???
    The SF1000 was designed around the 2019 godlike engine, it was heavily compromised due to the whole engine saga

Sainz is quickly strating to be better then Leclerc. Been watching it for some time now, but the last 3 races were prove, there is something wrong with Charles. This is not the same guy, we saw in Sauber and in 2019/20.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

It’s one off odd performance from Leclerc. Nothing to worry.

But the main problem is how are we gonna shape up for next year with 2022 car. That’s a worry for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Sainz is quickly strating to be better then Leclerc. Been watching it for some time now, but the last 3 races were prove, there is something wrong with Charles. This is not the same guy, we saw in Sauber and in 2019/20.
    Last 3 qualifying’s Lec is not at his best. On the other side Sainz is doing excellent job getting better than leclerc at times.

I don’t want one more tenure where another star driver talent goes in vain & not getting title with Ferrari. We need a damn…. Strong car.

Definitely a below-par quali showing from Charles but let's not start slagging him off when some of the top 10 are made up of cars drivers who aren't regularly in Q3, Carlos did a very good job staying in and even then Lando is in front of him. Perez and Ricciardo are with Charles out of Q3, just circuit and tyres may not have been in the best operating temp for one reason or another. The main problem will be getting a clean first lap, only then will we see what is possible. I didn't see any interviews with Charles or Carlos on Sky, so have no idea what issues Charles had. Maybe Binotto's return to the track puts a jinx on our performance?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Last 3 qualifying’s Lec is not at his best. On the other side Sainz is doing excellent job getting better than leclerc at times.

I don’t want one more tenure where another star driver talent goes in vain & not getting title with Ferrari. We need a damn…. Strong car.
    Basically you agree that there's something wrong with Leclerc.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Ferrari found the reason for @Charles_Leclerc's poor performance, which could not be just his driving! Damage to the chassis compromised the car's balance.
    https://twitter.com/GiulyDuchessa/st...036843523?s=20

Ferrari found the reason for @Charles_Leclerc's poor performance, which could not be just his driving! Damage to the chassis compromised the car's balance.
    https://twitter.com/GiulyDuchessa/st...036843523?s=20
    That's why I didn't run my mouth. It's not normal for Charles being off the pace by that large margin. He has the measure of Sainz in both qualifying and race pace, and him being 7-8 tenths isn't just a bad day in the office.

But it seem Charles do have some naysayers here. You don't see them when he puts out great performance, but they come out of the woodwork when he has a bad day. Same thing with Ferrari.

P.S. New chassis for Charles. I think Ferrari should bolt a new PU, energy component, gearbox and exhaust system on his car and start from the pitlane.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    That's why I didn't run my mouth. It's not normal for Charles being off the pace by that large margin. He has the measure of Sainz in both qualifying and race pace, and him being 7-8 tenths isn't just a bad day in the office.

But it seem Charles do have some naysayers here. You don't see them when he puts out great performance, but they come out of the woodwork when he has a bad day. Same thing with Ferrari.

P.S. New chassis for Charles. I think Ferrari should bolt a new PU, energy component, gearbox and exhaust system on his car and start from the pitlane.
    +1 on all counts, Carlos also doing a great job, and the team is working better, so the less criticism when unjustified, the better.