Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2021 Grand Prix of Qatar - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Max

It's not how start but how you finish.

There must be an explanation of our pace today. I'm suspecting our age old problem of tyres being not in the optimal window, the pace was horrid on mediums but very strong on hards. It's not possible to gain such huge lap times, like the Alpine did today, within 7 days without any upgrades.

Let's see how the Saudi race goes. From what I've seen so far, it's much like the Baku track, but on steroid. That track will put huge stress on the engine.

Disappointing that when the team replaced LEC's chassis, they used one from a IVECO van..
    Trying to be less angry..

I think we were slower than normal, not than Alpine/AT/Aston went faster.

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    I think we were slower than normal, not than Alpine/AT/Aston went faster.
    That is for sure. The question is why?? On Friday FP2s race pace we where quite competitive. The F1 was putting us 3d almost 0,5 s faster then McLaren!!!!!! So what happend. Don't tell me that we run higher on FP because this year we never do.And when we weren't fast on FP2 usually that was the case on the race!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

2 years and 2 months since Ferrari won last time, Vettel Singapore. Anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    That is for sure. The question is why?? On Friday FP2s race pace we where quite competitive. The F1 was putting us 3d almost 0,5 s faster then McLaren!!!!!! So what happend. Don't tell me that we run higher on FP because this year we never do.And when we weren't fast on FP2 usually that was the case on the race!!
    Qualifying and race pace is all that matters. Free practices are just that, free practices. Aside from the teams, NO ONE really knows fuel loads and engine modes that are diealed in. That's why I never put any emphasis on free practices.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    2 years and 2 months since Ferrari won last time, Vettel Singapore. Anyways.
    It is interesting--->2018 and 2019 then 2020 (BOOM!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    There must be an explanation of our pace today. I'm suspecting our age old problem of tyres being not in the optimal window, the pace was horrid on mediums but very strong on hards. It's not possible to gain such huge lap times, like the Alpine did today, within 7 days without any upgrades.

Let's see how the Saudi race goes. From what I've seen so far, it's much like the Baku track, but on steroid. That track will put huge stress on the engine.
    I think Binotto said we didn't push that much so we pull off the 1-stop strategy.. But yes we were slower than usual.

It was looking pretty poor for our drivers from the start, just little pace for either of them on the mediums, they upped the pace on hards but with all the tyre-shredding going on around them, they must have been playing safe. Lucky for us that Lando pitted and gifted us positions so in the the end it wasn't the disaster it could have been. Both drivers catching Lando points-wise, but will the final two circuits favour the Mclarens? Another Lewis-fest on Sky, of course, still can't believe where his extra pace comes from and guess we'll never know in Formula Merc. Well done for our boys and team anyway, even double stacking went well enough.

As I said earlier
    1. Ferrari struggle on Hard tyres, it’s been a problem for them to bring them up to the temp
    2. Ferrari struggling on fast corners

Worrying sign merc & max lapped Ferrari/rest of the field easily. Which shows 2022 is not going to be easy either. There is so much to produce on the lap time to match Mercs or RB.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    As I said earlier
    1. Ferrari struggle on Hard tyres, it’s been a problem for them to bring them up to the temp

Worrying sign merc & max lapped Ferrari/rest of the field easily. Which shows 2022 is not going to be easy either. There is so much to produce on the lap time to match Mercs or RB.
    not necessarily. over the entire pace mercs ans rbrs have over us 1or 2 tenths is due to engine. they need to step up on aero and chassis more tha on engine side. engine wise i believe we will be good. i hope the new simulator helps on the rest

As I said earlier

Next year everybody start from scratch so everything is possible. If we had a continuous from this year I would agree with.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

How about our double pit stop??? 1st on 2,2s and 2nd on 2,4s !!!! Pretty goog i think!! it looks like the team start to slowly sort them out !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

How about our double pit stop??? 1st on 2,2s and 2nd on 2,4s !!!! Pretty goog i think!! it looks like the team start to slowly sort them out !!!!!
    Yes, and a double stack!!

Yep, back into last year or a few years before it would be a disaster pit stop with about 10s for each driver. Our pit stop and race strategy have (mostly) been on point the whole season

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    lol wolff on the radio telling him to move and get the cars hahaha why don’t you give him the same car if you want him to overtake? Then you’d hurt lulu’s feelings that someone else is competitive…
    Rubenization worked before and still works .

I think it was one of our best pit shop showing yet.
    Everything was so perfectly timed, and the pit crew execution was flawless

Lets just hope Ferrari can get the new aero regulation right next year, and we can put a stop to Merc/Lewis dominance

This is one of best pit stop after long long time. Need to applaud pit crew efforts.

This is one of best pit stop after long long time. Need to applaud pit crew efforts.
    100%

Probably the highlight of the race for Ferrari and very encouraging moving forward.

Ready to take fire on myself, but to have one pit stop as a highlight of Ferrari race weekend is pathetic. Don't get me wrong, based on previous fudge ups they used to have regularly, this one was great, but let's be honest it is expected to be like that. It is basically their jobs. It is not like they are plumbers, doctors, backers,... and than on weekend they are pit crew. I am not saying there is no visible progress compared to last year, yes there is, but on the other hand everything compared to last year is progress.
    Next year, is a clean sheet of paper for everyone, and I hope Ferrari with get their things together and produce finally great car. Although I'll be cautious about chances, as I have learned from previous cases, when rules ware changed, Ferrari did not manage it well (2005, 2009, 2014).

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Ready to take fire on myself, but to have one pit stop as a highlight of Ferrari race weekend is pathetic. Don't get me wrong, based on previous fudge ups they used to have regularly, this one was great, but let's be honest it is expected to be like that. It is basically their jobs. It is not like they are plumbers, doctors, backers,... and than on weekend they are pit crew. I am not saying there is no visible progress compared to last year, yes there is, but on the other hand everything compared to last year is progress.
    Next year, is a clean sheet of paper for everyone, and I hope Ferrari with get their things together and produce finally great car. Although I'll be cautious about chances, as I have learned from previous cases, when rules ware changed, Ferrari did not manage it well (2005, 2009, 2014).
    But in 2017 clearly best chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I think we all share that view, we've been disappointed on many occasions but we live in hope that the team will come back fighting for wins, if we fail again in 2022 some of us may be too old to wait for the next time, if F1 exists beyond the next regulatory changes! I still have faith!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I think we all share that view, we've been disappointed on many occasions but we live in hope that the team will come back fighting for wins, if we fail again in 2022 some of us may be too old to wait for the next time, if F1 exists beyond the next regulatory changes! I still have faith!
    Agree with you. Hope dies last, but than again....