Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

How much of that Alpha Tauri pace is coming from that Honda engine you reckon? They've been so quick lately.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Awwww.... so much passion for Max.

If only you lot show the same support for Ferrari drivers.
    The Ferrari drivers are awesome. It's the freakin car. Not much the drivers can do to get THE CAR P1 and P2 during qualifying and then THE CAR to have race pace to finish P1 AND P2.

Anything less is just being satisfied with their performance. WE ALL HERE ON THIS FORUM WANT FERRARI TO WIN!!!
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    How much of that Alpha Tauri pace is coming from that Honda engine you reckon? They've been so quick lately.
    It's definitely the HONDA engine playing a big role for Alpha Tauri.....then you got Gasly who's been consistently very good the past 3 seasons. Gasly did'nt do a Kvyat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Championship deciding mistake from Max, he needs to be very lucky to win it from here
    Hamilton deserves some bad luck these two races...he has a lot of good luck (and more than luck) in his entire career.

And he was running his mouth about how it doesn't matter that Ham has more experience than him. And today he chocked.

He has the car and the talent. But he needs to talk less, do less erratic driving on track and concentrate on the job at hand.
    I think this is unfair criticism. Max has been doing the talking on track all season. It's not his (or Hamilton's) fault that the media keeps harping on the issue and they have to answer the questions.

Many drivers committed errors today and yesterday, including Hamilton. Max was perfect for the most part, and unfortunately his error came right at the end and cost him to places. As a comparison, Carlos' error cost him 8-10 places.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Seeing Charles in P4 made my day after his crash yesterday, Carlos had a bad quali but who knows what chaos may happen at the start, we've now had both cars in the wall on this track. Sorry for Max as I just can't bear the thought of HAM getting his 8th WDC. Great comeback for Charles anyway, hope for a clean and safe race. And GIO in P10 made me smile too.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It's definitely the HONDA engine playing a big role for Alpha Tauri.....then you got Gasly who's been consistently very good the past 3 seasons. Gasly did'nt do a Kvyat.
    Imagine then if Ferrari could achieve engine parity, they would be right up there with Merc and Red Bull. I just hope they didn't agree to this engine freeze in haste, and let Merc and Honda have the advantage for the next 4 years. I do like their plan to go with an aggressive engine concept and fix the reliability later through loopholes.

Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post
    Hamilton deserves some bad luck these two races...he has a lot of good luck (and more than luck) in his entire career.
    I'm waiting for Lewis's "spicy" engine to go.....BOOOOM!!!! If not here, then at Abu Dhabi.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yup agree. He was aggressive in the final corner & even after hitting the wall.
    As I told earlier, he’s got talent but arrogant & he doesn’t know how to handle media killing him down.

This is where I rate Leclerc above all. He balances it out. Max & leclerc are exceptional talents. But later is more smart than former.
    And the Red Bull team is pretty much custom built for Max. He gets all the updates, strategy preferences and his feedback worth far more than Perez's, and it has been the case since he joined Red Bull and the reason for Dani Ric's departure.

I don't think Charles enjoys such privilege at Ferrari. The SF1000 was based off SF90 and the SF21 was based off SF1000, Charles had no inputs on those cars. But still he adapted and delivered on track last year and continues to deliver this year.

I just want Ferrari to give both our guys the best car possible. If Leclerc gets a dominant car he will make F1 quite boring for all the non-Ferrari fans.

Below are the actions pending

1. Investigation on Gasly - Sainz incident
    2. News about Max’s car gear box change.

The Ferrari drivers are awesome. It's the freakin car. Not much the drivers can do to get THE CAR P1 and P2 during qualifying and then THE CAR to have race pace to finish P1 AND P2.

Anything less is just being satisfied with their performance. WE ALL HERE ON THIS FORUM WANT FERRARI TO WIN!!!
    Really? I haven't noticed. Today for example, all those so called "Ferrari Fans" completely ignored Charles's P4 lap, just like the Sky F1, and were pouring their hearts for Max the chocker.

And the Red Bull team is pretty much custom built for Max. He gets all the updates, strategy preferences and his feedback worth far more than Perez's, and it has been the case since he joined Red Bull and the reason for Dani Ric's departure.

I don't think Charles enjoys such privilege at Ferrari. The SF1000 was based off SF90 and the SF21 was based off SF1000, Charles had no inputs on those cars. But still he adapted and delivered on track last year and continues to deliver this year.

I just want Ferrari to give both our guys the best car possible. If Leclerc gets a dominant car he will make F1 quite boring for all the non-Ferrari fans.
    Yes I feel the same. No one except Max can handle that RB car, as you said it’s built around Max’s input as first preference.

At Ferrari for next year, I think feedback is from both drivers Carlos & Charles. As both are doing exceptionally good.
    Hopefully we pull something out of the box. Badly need Ferrari to winning ways & show Mercs/RB who’s the boss.

Good from Charles at the end.

Always get this nagging feeling with our drivers that one of them will put the car in the wall, I don't think that's because they are fundamentally prone to mistakes but this car really is a handful, you just don't get away with anything with it, a small error turns into a huge one.

Imagine then if Ferrari could achieve engine parity, they would be right up there with Merc and Red Bull. .
    IF there was eingine parity with Ferrari, Mercedes, and Redbull......then it comes down to several variables:

1) Pitbox tire strategy and fast pit stops
    2) DNF's with regards to blown tires in the race or being hit by another driver.....that's always a risk.
    3) Reprimands(more than 3x within the season any you get a 10 spot grid penalty) and or grid spot penalties from exceeding component changes.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I think this is unfair criticism. Max has been doing the talking on track all season. It's not his (or Hamilton's) fault that the media keeps harping on the issue and they have to answer the questions.

Many drivers committed errors today and yesterday, including Hamilton. Max was perfect for the most part, and unfortunately his error came right at the end and cost him to places. As a comparison, Carlos' error cost him 8-10 places.
    He has been making errors throughout this year. He was banging wheels and keeping it on the edge at the start of this season. Even when he had arguably the best car at the start of this season.

Then Monza, Brazil and today. So Max being error free is just a myth. I'm pretty sure there are many more instances, but I can't be bothered to find them for you. I couldn't care less about Max or Ham. Their battle doesn't bother me and I've no attachment to either of this drivers or their respective teams.

But I've seen plenty of dictators when Charles makes mistakes. And as expected, the head cheerleaders of Charles hate-brigade are missing today.

Really? I haven't noticed. Today for example, all those so called "Ferrari Fans" completely ignored Charles's P4 lap, just like the Sky F1, and were pouring their hearts for Max the chocker.
    Charles and Carlos are driving the heck out of their cars......the cars can only do so much. Yes, it was good to see Charles P4 position during qualifying. Let's see how Leclerc does in race pace.

He has been making errors throughout this year. He was banging wheels and keeping it on the edge at the start of this season. Even when he had arguably the best car at the start of this season.

Then Monza, Brazil and today. So Max being error free is just a myth. I'm pretty sure there are many more instances, but I can't be bothered to find them for you. I couldn't care less about Max or Ham. Their battle doesn't bother me and I've no attachment to either of this drivers or their respective teams.

But I've seen plenty of dictators when Charles makes mistakes. And as expected, the head cheerleaders of Charles hate-brigade are missing today.
    Max would have won the title already if it was'nt for Baku(25 points), Silverstone (25 points), and Hungary (16 points ????).....all 3 no fault of Max.

BTW, Max was 4/10's faster during qualifying until he clipped the wall at Jeddah.

Charles and Carlos are driving the heck out of their cars......the cars can only do so much. Yes, it was good to see Charles P4 position during qualifying. Let's see how Leclerc does in race pace.
    Charles has been doing exceptional job with his race pace. If he had lucks this year, he would've been easily the best of the rest behind the top 4 rocket ships.

So there's no reason to "see" anything. If Charles survives bad lucks tomorrow, he will keep Perez behind. And nobody in the midfield will challenge him.

Max.

CL.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Max would have won the title already if it was'nt for Baku(25 points), Silverstone (25 points), and Hungary (16 points ????).....all 3 no fault of Max.
    Should would coulda.....

But carry on with your "Max the best" crusade. I don't care. I'm just enjoying Charles's great lap and Max chocking at the most crucial moment.

And I will enjoy even more if Charles jumps both the Merc tomorrow at the start and if Carlos finishes ahead of the Mclarens.

BTW, Max was 4/10's faster during qualifying until he clipped the wall at Jeddah.
    Silverstone I doubt it. Ham had the quickest car & Mercs car was with engine upgrade. Yes mistake was happened.

About Baku, without Ham mistake in the first corner. He would have won with Max being out of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Silverstone I doubt it. Ham had the quickest car & Mercs car was with engine upgrade. Yes mistake was happened.

About Baku, without Ham mistake in the first corner. He would have won with Max being out of the race.
    Fine then, Silverston (18 ponts) with Max coming in 2nd place.

Surely given what Bottas did, Charles must start P3, right?

Great job and shuts his haters right up.

Fine then, Silverston (18 ponts) with Max coming in 2nd place.
    I least bother about Max vs Lewis anymore….!! Because records are meant to be broken. If Lewis win 8th title, I hope & pray it should be beaten by Ferrari only.

I’m eagerly waiting for Ferrari 2022 car & our drivers Carlos-Charles.

And he was running his mouth about how it doesn't matter that Ham has more experience than him. And today he chocked.

He has the car and the talent. But he needs to talk less, do less erratic driving on track and concentrate on the job at hand.
    He has vastly improved from the yester-years and lets not forget he is going against Lewis and the mighty Mercs. We had to literally "cheat" to even get close to them in 2019 and Seb was tamed in Germany 2018. Let's see where we are in 2022 before passing comments on other drivers trying their best against Lewis.

I also feel like during that lap Charles was on in Monaco before he crashed, when the team saw Max's first sector wasn't quick enough, they could have been on the radio and telling him not to push so hard.

I think the same here, Max didn't have to push so hard on that last corner, he was well ahead.

But i don't think that's something the teams do.

He has made one mistake all season. Chill out.

Charles and Gio were the most impressive of the day. Shame for Sainz, he could have been in that P4-P6

I also feel like during that lap Charles was on in Monaco before he crashed, when the team saw Max's first sector wasn't quick enough, they could have been on the radio and telling him not to push so hard.

I think the same here, Max didn't have to push so hard on that last corner, he was well ahead.

But i don't think that's something the teams do.
    I'm sure Max can toggle his sector times on his steering wheels on-board dash. I'm also sure Max knew where he was at with regards to where he was in time on the lap.

Ferrari handling package is not there at all for this track.