Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Abu Dhabi 2021 Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Drama queens, the lot of them. It's probably better if they don't attend the prize giving. Who wants a load of long faces, like horses in stables, spoiling the mood anyway? It's a celebration, don't need them moping around feeling sorry for themselves. I say f*** Toto, Lewis, Susie and the horse they rode in on. They are not bigger than Formula 1. The show goes on, with or without them.

Hoping Bottas and his partner have a good time at the ceremony if they attend and wish him well at Alfa-Romeo next year!

There rein has come to an end.I doubt very much weather lewis or should I say sir lewis has the drive to continue, would not surprise me at all if he exits mid season should it get to hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Drama queens, the lot of them. It's probably better if they don't attend the prize giving. Who wants a load of long faces, like horses in stables, spoiling the mood anyway? It's a celebration, don't need them moping around feeling sorry for themselves. I say f*** Toto, Lewis, Susie and the horse they rode in on. They are not bigger than Formula 1. The show goes on, with or without them.
    That's the spirit... who needs these losers cry babies. They came, fought and were defeated. It's not the end of the world. If Ham/Toto thinks they were robbed of victory, they would be working their ***** off to have a good car to win on track rather than bullying F1 to pocket wins.
    What a bunch of whiney's..

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    One can show his great measure not only in victory, but also in defeat! Be a gentleman, human and put your hand and congrats!
    When Lewis wound up under Max's car with a tire hitting his helmet, Max gentlemanly and humanely just walked away . A tough act to follow!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    When Lewis wound up under Max's car with a tire hitting his helmet, Max gentlemanly and humanely just walked away . A tough act to follow!
    Max returned his actions, not the crash mind you, but after the crash just like Lewis did at Silverstone for showing concern for Max.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Max returned his actions, not the crash mind you, but after the crash just like Lewis did at Silverstone for showing concern for Max.
    Exactly!

Well, hopefully a deep rift opens up between the FIA and Mercedes to the benefit of everyone else. I'm tired of Mercedes getting away with everything.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

A good point made by ex F1 driver Jan Lammers is that there was nothing to stop Merc pitting Hamilton under the safety car as Red Bull did with Max, so it was their own fault that Max and RB took the all-important gamble and won. Track position is all, especially at the finish!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    A good point made by ex F1 driver Jan Lammers is that there was nothing to stop Merc pitting Hamilton under the safety car as Red Bull did with Max, so it was their own fault that Max and RB took the all-important gamble and won. Track position is all, especially at the finish!
    He must be an idiot. Verstappen had the advantage in that he could do whatever Hamilton did not do, given the fact that he was running in second place and could see what Hamilton does before his pit entry.
    And if Hamilton had pit during the final safety car period, Verstappen would not have. Also Hamilton didnt choose to pit because the general feeling was that the race would not restart

Disgusting poor sportsmanship by the Mercedes team, IMHO.

They have had so much go their way for 8 years. They whole team has been blessed by Ilmor and Pirelli, giving them huge advantages over the rest of the field, where their drivers could just coast by the competition on the straights, all while other teams have had their performance enhancements slapped down by the FIA over the years.

Ferrari have been screwed out of many championships, in far worse ways than Mercedes did, and our team never behaved like such spoiled brats. Japan 1990 and Singapore 2008 anyone?

The rules were bent all season for Mercedes and Hammy. Bahrain were they cut the course all day, Silverstone and Hungary where they punted into the competition, Pirelli giving them an advantage, their cheat wing being allowed, Bottas trying to hold Max up at Jeddah, and Hammy cutting the course again in Abu Dhabi. They sure didn't mind the rules being bent all those times.

They used to run into our cars before this year, so I'm happy to see them lose.

If Ferrari really can turn up the heat in the engine department, we better watch out. Mercedes will become even more unglued, and you'll see Hammy running into us when he has to go wheel to wheel with Leclerc and Sainz.

Would have been a wonderful Mortal Kombat finishing move if when the wheel was on his head Max floored the throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultSettings View Post
    He must be an idiot. Verstappen had the advantage in that he could do whatever Hamilton did not do, given the fact that he was running in second place and could see what Hamilton does before his pit entry.
    And if Hamilton had pit during the final safety car period, Verstappen would not have. Also Hamilton didnt choose to pit because the general feeling was that the race would not restart
    General feeling is as much of a gamble as Max pitting in hopes that Lewis didn't.
    Merc gamble didn't work and that is all there is to it. Not sure why the need for them to throw a tantrum

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Would have been a wonderful Mortal Kombat finishing move if when the wheel was on his head Max floored the throttle.
    Wonderful ? That could have caused Lewis life threatening permanent injuries or death. No one wishes that on anyone. I remember the 2010 Hungarian GP when Michael tried to push Rubens into a concrete wall .Rubens said he didn't want to die that way. He managed to pass the wall within only millimeters of hitting the wall. Similar to what you wished on Lewis. It was over finishing in 10th place Rubens got the point. Hard racing is one thing, Wonderful Mortal Combat ???

Considering Hamilton sat in his car pushing the throttle on and off like a madman trying to get lose from Max car, Max knew he was not injured and it would have been dangerous to approach a car trying to drive away. And on top of that Max of course had no idea whatseover at the time that a wheel had touched Lewis helmet.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Wonderful ? That could have caused Lewis life threatening permanent injuries or death. No one wishes that on anyone. I remember the 2010 Hungarian GP when Michael tried to push Rubens into a concrete wall .Rubens said he didn't want to die that way. He managed to pass the wall within only millimeters of hitting the wall. Similar to what you wished on Lewis. It was over finishing in 10th place Rubens got the point. Hard racing is one thing, Wonderful Mortal Combat ???
    If I didn't know any better I'd say you are a bit cut up about Lewis losing, bless..
    Susie Wolff nearly rammed me in the middle of Oxford a couple of years ago because she was texting whilst driving. I didn't want to die that day either. I'm convinced that, in that split second, she wanted me dead.. We were only trying to get over a roundabout
    Last edited by Cheeseman; 18th December 2021 at 09:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Considering Hamilton sat in his car pushing the throttle on and off like a madman trying to get lose from Max car, Max knew he was not injured and it would have been dangerous to approach a car trying to drive away. And on top of that Max of course had no idea whatseover at the time that a wheel had touched Lewis helmet.

Even way back in 2010, I think the cars were equipped with brakes. Mostly they were used to slow down and avoid the car in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    So this idea is A- OK by most fans here including Mods. March 20th can't come soon enough!
    Last edited by Brembo; 19th December 2021 at 11:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Even way back in 2010, I think the cars were equipped with brakes. Mostly they were used to slow down and avoid the car in front of you.
    Rubens came out alive with no injuries so he must have known how to best use his brakes even back then in 2010. He even wound up ahead ! Trying to put him into the wall still shows no respect for another human. F-1 drivers and FIA felt the same way; not just fans like me. I only wish today's drivers respect each others lives more than points. " What goes around; comes around."
    Last edited by Brembo; 19th December 2021 at 11:03.

Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Just came to leave this here, to liven up the end of the year parties...they are more electronic versions. :D

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post
    Just came to leave this here, to liven up the end of the year parties...they are more electronic versions. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM6N2pxa79s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjgd9O8hO7k
    That was lit...

Have to say, this was one of the best seasons I've seen in a very long time.

The rivalry on and off the track was also super intense.

Also can't remember the last time I looked forward so much to watching a final race.

I thought GOAT's(allegedly)were supposed to be gentlemen in victory or defeat. Guess Lewis proved me wrong!!

https://youtu.be/zfu4o8hqsYU

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    I thought GOAT's(allegedly)were supposed to be gentlemen in victory or defeat. Guess Lewis proved me wrong!!

Some of the comments below that video are hilarious.

Joe Saward: "It is more likely that Ferrari will be in the spotlight when it announces that former FIA President Jean Todt will return to Maranello is some sort of super-consultant role, which will involve both the race & car company. Expect to see Jean at races in 2022."
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Was, is and will be little B!

A GOAT trying to push his former Ferrari team mate into a concrete wall was for sure not gentlemanly and in this case to his own defeat . It was for 10th place! Had Rubens not held his own @ 200 mph and drove to safely miss the wall he would have been dead or crippled . At the time F-1 ; drivers and bosses and fans all thought it was a terrible way for any driver to drive. And no apology to boot.

A GOAT trying to push his former Ferrari team mate into a concrete wall was for sure not gentlemanly and in this case to his own defeat . It was for 10th place! Had Rubens not held his own @ 200 mph and drove to safely miss the wall he would have been dead or crippled . At the time F-1 ; drivers and bosses and fans all thought it was a terrible way for any driver to drive. And no apology to boot.
    STOP TROLLING!!!!!!!!!