Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Abu Dhabi 2021 Race Thread

That was a crazy end to a crazy season.

Personally I don't want to see a season which has come down to the last race finished behind a safety car, equally I don't think you should of done what masi did and restarted with one lap left.

In the interest of fairness I'd of red flagged it straight away and had a few laps racing at the end.

Of course Max and Red Bull are going to come in for all sorts of rubbish but they did nothing wrong, they gambled and through some odd decision making outside of their control managed to pull it off.

Happy for Max to break these successions of WDC that mercedes have had with Hamilton. Max will be a force to be reckoned with for many years and I hope as a Ferrari fan we have produced a car to compete with them and Mercedes next season.

I was happy with our performance in a straight line today and a nice way for Carlos to end his debut season for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Let me start by saying that I equally despise both Hamilton and Verstappen, but what the hell was that? Only letting the lapped cars positioned between Verstappen and Hamilton unlap themselves? Not waiting for them to rejoin the pack? What is this? WWE? This was ridiculous. And again, I'm by no means a Hamilton fan, quite the contrary, but this is some next level BS.
    Who cares, anyone but Hamilton. The whole world should be happy.

They should have red flagged. Let the race for the last 5 laps.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    But Binotto is completely correct with is assessment. Let's see:

Lost an easy podium in Imola because of the red flag
    DNS in Monaco
    Lost a win Silverstone, again because of the red flag which allowed Ham to fix up his car
    Gets taken out by Stroll in Hungary, otherwise would've been P2 at the end of the 1st lap
    Started from the back in Russia and was running P4 before the rain hit, gambled like Norris and lost an easy top 4 finish
    Again lost an easy podium in Turkey, because both him and Ferrari gambled for the win rather than securing an easy podium finish
    Would've finished P3 in Saudi, but again the red flag screwed him over
    Pitted under the VSC today but again his gamble backfired, unlike other instances when drivers pitted under the VSC pretty much always benefited

And if you say that DNS in Monaco was his fault then you should also consider that, Sainz crashed in Hungary qualifying as well and started from P15. But he finished P3 in that race while Charles got take out at the first corner.

So yeah...Charles had absolute rotten luck this year. His P7 standing doesn't reflect his performance.
    I wasn't talking about Lecs bad luck ,but that Binotto is almost certain about next year!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Also kitos/tack/thank you/grazie Kimi

Wow! I am happy that lh did not win, finally on lap 56 of the 22nd race of the 2021 season, masi grew a backbone and said no to toto and merc control. Good for you.

But, I do hope .next year there will be a more impartial and even-handed way of incident resolution.
    masi is way too pathetic to keep this positio....I hope.

Ferrari 3d clinched, ... glad and sad.

Merc are protesting it by the sounds of it.
    Forza Ferrari

Either way I think Massi needs replaced.
    Forza Ferrari

All the lapped cars should be allowed to unlap themselves, not just 3 cars. And the race should resume on the following lap, not the same lap.

Masi and the FIA have broken their own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Either way I think Massi needs replaced.
    Absolutely… his decisions are not spot on. All are controversial & triggered lot of talk.

Merc are protesting it by the sounds of it.
    They have. It was inevitable.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGanWO4X...png&name=small

All the lapped cars should be allowed to unlap themselves, not just 3 cars. And the race should resume on the following lap, not the same lap.

Masi and the FIA have broken their own rules.
    This is according to sport Reg 48. This is what I’m saying from the start.

Then Red Bull should appeal the first lap incident, and wipe out to whole race result.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

I don’t care who won, I just love the the virtue signaling affirmative action champion who has been handed every one of his championships lost.

That’s what matters to me.

I don’t care if the FIA screwed up, their previous screwups have handed him plenty.

Karma!

Seeing Carlos on the podium is a bonus. I was worried about the choice to bring him in but seems like Ferrari have finally gotten one thing right.

If the race was ran incorrectly then the race is null and void and then Max wins on countback

Merc seems to think Max actually overtook Lewis in S3 prior to the restart...thats why their is 2 protests. Toto doing his usual business!

They say they aren't following the regs but they haven't all season! What about when Bottas slowed down intentionally in Jeddah with the VSC in order to extend Lewis' lead and double stack. That's not allowed l, neither is staying 10 car lengths behind the driver Infront on a formation lap. This has happened all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Merc seems to think Max actually overtook Lewis in S3 prior to the restart...thats why their is 2 protests. Toto doing his usual business!
    Lol he didn't and even if he did Hamilton drove about 5 mph.

Toto needs to seek help.

He has won 7 WDC and 8 WCC but is still cheating and lying even after that.

Mercs logged a protest against Car no.33

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    They should have red flagged. Let the race for the last 5 laps.
    This would have been the best option for race steward. It equalises, because all the cars can change their tyres under Red flag & allow them race for last 5 laps on track.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    This is according to sport Reg 48. This is what I’m saying from the start.
    And what is wrong is a wrong. Just because some people here want to see Schu's records being intact, it doesn't justify what has happened today.

The same that has happened today could easily happen to either Charles or Carlos.

5 second penalty for Max incoming for overtaking under the SC then.....wait for it
    Forza Ferrari

5 second penalty for Max incoming for overtaking under the SC then.....wait for it
    All we then need is 5 seconds for Hammy for corner cutting and then Vamos Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    All we then need is 5 seconds for Hammy for corner cutting and then Vamos Carlos
    Forza Ferrari

And what is wrong is a wrong. Just because some people here want to see Schu's records being intact, it doesn't justify what has happened today.

The same that has happened today could easily happen to either Charles or Carlos.
    Yes completely welcome your statement. MS records should be intact agree, but not this way right?
    MS fought on track for each of his title not rules being broken.

I was hoping MV would win because of the monotony of another LH championship, but this race was a farce... this kind of stuff should not be happening in a professional sporting association...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Mercs logged a protest against Car no.33
    You’ve won 8 straight constructors and 7 drivers titles, every thing handed to you on the way and you still want to go out like sore loosers? The changing of the guard had to come eventually, as it did with Schumacher and Vettel in the past. Let’s hope this finally ends Merc’s stranglehold on the sport
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Kimi is Drive of the Day as well.

I will miss him most.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    You’ve won 8 straight constructors and 7 drivers titles, every thing handed to you on the way and you still want to go out like sore loosers? The changing of the guard had to come eventually, as it did with Schumacher and Vettel in the past. Let’s hope this finally ends Merc’s stranglehold on the sport
    Everyone would've done the same thing. If it was Charles, Ferrari would've done the same thing. If it was Max, Red Bull would've done the same thing.

FIA have broken their own rules. You simply can't expect any F1 team to turn a blind eye and ignore a clear cut breach of the safety car rule.

A problem with the scenario of that Merc would have the chance to put Lewis on softs if they had known cars would be allowed to overtake the safety car, Lewis would then be 2nd and there would be a last lap scramble Vs Max and who knows how that would have ended, so which scenario should we guessing for to dictate a an outcome of the race results.

Masi probably blacked out and pushed the wrong button, or panicked about the first lap incident and wanted to give one back....

Shambolic on all levels today!